[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by MurphysTillClose
[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Injury Analysis and Early Season Rotation  (Read 16789 times)

vogue65

• All American
Re: Injury Analysis and Early Season Rotation
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2018, 06:38:01 PM »
Our sink is broken?  Now I'm worried.

Is it a pedestal sink?  If so, good reason to worry, what a pain.  Did one today.

(Screw the retaining nut back onto the sink drain to secure the pivot rod. Test the replacement pop-up drain plug by pulling up on the stopper-rod lever connected to the faucet. This causes the drain plug to close the sink drain. Pushing down on the lever opens the drain.)

It took all the Zen I could muster.   

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2018, 11:55:21 AM »
Also it could be possible that Sam does not get cleared until well into the season and then takes an injury redshirt, that tactic is one that Buzz was alwayss a big advocate of ( Duane Wilson, Ahmed Hill).

If he's cleared during the season, he would not be eligible for an 'injury redshirt' bka a medical hardship waiver. 
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

IrwinFletcher

• All American

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2018, 12:06:26 PM »

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2018, 12:11:45 PM »
Yep.  Exams are over and summer classes starts a week from Monday.

Also, while timetables are never exact, doncha think that MU's medical staff knew what Hauser was facing when the NIT games were being played and if they thought there was even a 5% chance it would impact next year they just might have accelerated surgery? 

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2018, 12:22:27 PM »

Also, while timetables are never exact, doncha think that MU's medical staff knew what Hauser was facing when the NIT games were being played and if they thought there was even a 5% chance it would impact next year they just might have accelerated surgery? 

Hold on.  You're claiming that the Marquette medical staff knew more than the Scoop community about Sam's rehabilitation schedule?  That's absurd.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2018, 12:24:33 PM »

Hold on.  You're claiming that the Marquette medical staff knew more than the Scoop community about Sam's rehabilitation schedule?  That's absurd dumb and dangerous.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2018, 01:17:29 PM »

Hold on.  You're claiming that the Marquette medical staff knew more than the Scoop community about Sam's rehabilitation schedule?  That's absurd.

What the h*ll was I thinking!  Thanks for point it out.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2018, 01:34:25 PM »
What the h*ll was I thinking!  Thanks for point it out.
You need to go to Arby's
Goal is National Championship

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2018, 02:44:05 PM »

Meh. There's still a crutch on the ground and you don't need a ton of hip ROM at his height to shoot free throws. NO ONE has an idea right now if he will be healthy enough for the season, just hope so.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2018, 02:47:34 PM »
Meh. There's still a crutch on the ground and you don't need a ton of hip ROM at his height to shoot free throws. NO ONE has an idea right now if he will be healthy enough for the season, just hope so.

"No one has an idea?" 

No one knows 100% for sure, but people make injury prognostications all the time based on experience and other factors.  I'm pretty sure that counts as "an idea."

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2018, 02:57:48 PM »

"No one has an idea?" 

No one knows 100% for sure, but people make injury prognostications all the time based on experience and other factors.  I'm pretty sure that counts as "an idea."

Sure.

Now find me a consensus protocol for FAI labral repair.  This is not an ACL repair where we have decades of research to use to best guess, just kind of a limited educated guess.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2018, 03:22:23 PM »
Sure.

Now find me a consensus protocol for FAI labral repair.  This is not an ACL repair where we have decades of research to use to best guess, just kind of a limited educated guess.

Well I'll defer to you on that...

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2018, 04:15:43 PM »
Sure.

If only they had sports medicine professionals focused on him. Oh wait...they do...
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2018, 06:39:17 PM »
I'll pull out 'dumb and dangerous' for all you armchairs out there who haven't spent one second personally examining Sam or any other player on our team.  That is all.

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/play?id=22875321

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2018, 09:53:26 PM »
I get the feeling that most on here believe it's a 99% chance that he comes back 100% before the season starts. Those of us (I talked to a couple of more PTs today) who have worked with people with this surgery from Dr. Nho, believe it's more towards 70%. I think he will be fine and I hope so, just not as confident as everyone else. And to be clear, I think the medical staff at MU is great. This surgery can be a big mystery some times, hince the hesitancy.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2018, 12:17:30 AM »
I get the feeling that most on here believe it's a 99% chance that he comes back 100% before the season starts. Those of us (I talked to a couple of more PTs today) who have worked with people with this surgery from Dr. Nho, believe it's more towards 70%. I think he will be fine and I hope so, just not as confident as everyone else. And to be clear, I think the medical staff at MU is great. This surgery can be a big mystery some times, hince the hesitancy.

PTs also have to adjust for a very fit athlete who works out everyday. As apposed to a 43 year old who plays slow pitch.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2018, 06:16:06 AM »
PTs also have to adjust for a very fit athlete who works out everyday. As apposed to a 43 year old who plays slow pitch.

Hmmmm, you mean like the MLB, NFL, NBA and WPSL athletes I've worked with in the past? FYI, slow pitch softball players are not the typical patients for this surgery.

For those of you who are interested, here's an article from The Athletic, who had both of his hips done. https://theathletic.com/339546/2018/05/03/is-kevon-looney-playing-himself-out-of-the-warriors-offseason-price-range/ It gives a little insight into timeframes.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2018, 09:00:21 AM »

It's not that as I see it.  I think most folks think that the treatment that Sam received and the timing of that treatment was 100% undertaken in SAM'S best interest without regards to wins, losses during the '17-'18 season.  It almost seems more like a congenital defect that was someday going to need invasive treatment if Sam were to continue playing sports at an elite level.  Anyway, Sam is in the hands of the best medical personnel available and we'll see how quickly he progresses to 100%.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2018, 09:12:12 AM »
O, sew he's in Indianapolis, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2018, 11:33:13 AM »
It's not that as I see it.  I think most folks think that the treatment that Sam received and the timing of that treatment was 100% undertaken in SAM'S best interest without regards to wins, losses during the '17-'18 season.  It almost seems more like a congenital defect that was someday going to need invasive treatment if Sam were to continue playing sports at an elite level.  Anyway, Sam is in the hands of the best medical personnel available and we'll see how quickly he progresses to 100%.
I suspect he will progress as the season moves along.  Hard to see that he will be 100% on 11/6/18.  Maybe, he will surprise us, but who knows.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2018, 12:31:20 PM »
I suspect he will progress as the season moves along.  Hard to see that he will be 100% on 11/6/18.  Maybe, he will surprise us, but who knows.

Now that sports betting will be legal in far more states, this could be something to wager on!

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2018, 01:30:45 PM »
Interesting post from Stan Johnson on freshman playing time.
https://twitter.com/MUCoachJohnson/status/999458294161952768
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

awilhelmscream

• Starter
« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2018, 01:59:49 PM »
Interesting post from Stan Johnson on freshman playing time.
https://twitter.com/MUCoachJohnson/status/999458294161952768

That’s not interesting at all if you watched the video.  That’s been this staff’s MO from the beginning.  Kids see more time after they start to “figure it out”, find their flow within the offense, and aren’t entirely lost on defense.  Look at Greg and Jamal last year and their playing time as the season went on.

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2018, 05:04:40 PM »
Is this a young marsupial of either sex that I spy hiding behind Brendan Bailey (I think?) in this video?

https://twitter.com/MarquetteMBB/status/1001576160868945921
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

feedback