[Today at 04:05:24 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by cheebs09
[Today at 04:00:16 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by NickelDimer
[Today at 03:31:19 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Injury Analysis and Early Season Rotation  (Read 16792 times)

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Injury Analysis and Early Season Rotation
« on: May 02, 2018, 08:31:00 PM »
Wojo,on the schedule and some injury updates

https://amp.jsonline.com/amp/574832002?__twitter_impression=true

Looks like Sam has a long way to go on his rehab.   He may not be fully ready by the start of the season.  Given the tough pre season schedule what are the potential rotations we may see?  Do we play the young guys a lot more and sav Sams minutes for the big games? Or do we let him use the cupcakes to work him self into shape?  Also it could be possible that Sam does not get cleared until well into the season and then takes an injury redshirt, that tactic is one that Buzz was alwayss a big advocate of ( Duane Wilson, Ahmed Hill). I think Sam is an all Big East level player and it will be interesting to see how this all plays out.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: Injury Analysis and Early Season Rotation
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2018, 08:34:26 PM »
Looks like Sam has a long way to go on his rehab.   He may not be fully ready by the start of the season.  Given the tough pre season schedule what are the potential rotations we may see?  Do we play the young guys a lot more and sav Sams minutes for the big games? Or do we let him use the cupcakes to work him self into shape?  Also it could be possible that Sam does not get cleared until well into the season and then takes an injury redshirt, that tactic is one that Buzz was alwayss a big advocate of ( Duane Wilson, Ahmed Hill). I think Sam is an all Big East level player and it will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

The article says that Sam's rehab is supposed to be complete in 4 months. That's September 2nd...2 months before the first game. Unless there is a complication he should be good to go.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2018, 08:40:34 PM »

Calm down dude.

By all accounts Sam will be fine......plenty of time to panic later

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2018, 08:55:16 PM »
Calm down dude.

It is one thing to be healthy and another thing to be D1 athletic healthy. No one is panicking. Just putting it out there for discussion.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2018, 09:25:09 PM »
It is one thing to be healthy and another thing to be D1 athletic healthy. No one is panicking. Just putting it out there for discussion.

Talking about a damn medical redshirt when his recovery date is 2 months before the season even starts is pretty panicky.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2018, 10:25:04 PM »
Herman is now not only relative to every player and recruit with an MU connection, he is also team doctor.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

lohaus

• Starter
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2018, 10:51:50 PM »
Plenty of time. It isn't like he is sitting around deteriorating as we speak and not working on other things.  I'm sure the staff will progress him as tolerated.

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2018, 12:27:26 AM »
Calm down dude.

I agree, but given the combination of the wonders of modern medicine and our blueGold blooded fanaticism, sometimes we alums and fans talk about our beloved warriors as if they are machines. Having your hip operated on at Sam's young age is a major, major thing. The good news is that his age will only speed the recovery time, but it's still a very big deal. He's most likely not going to miss any time, however I don't care if he has to sit out the entire first semester, as long as the kid has a healthy hip and gait for life. He's going to earn money at some level playing this game, and protecting that earning power is more important than rushing him back if there are any tiny issues whatsoever. I think that's all Herman was getting at. What makes Marquette great is that pretty much every single one of us is in agreement on how much we value all these kids as people first.
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

fjm

• All American
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2018, 06:38:54 AM »

Gonna be tough to get back on the court with Wojo constantly demotivating sams hip every day in physical therapy.  :o

But I'll play along:

I think it san can't start the year which I again believe is extremely unlikely,
I think you see Sacar/cain starting and playing more minutes. That's about the only difference I see.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2018, 06:44:17 AM »
I try not to worry about things unless there's actually something to worry about.

Worrying in general is a waste of emotional energy.
Have some patience, FFS.

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2018, 07:22:53 AM »
I try not to worry about things unless there's actually something to worry about.

Worrying in general is a waste of emotional energy.
I'm worried that you're not taking worrying seriously enough.
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2018, 07:23:03 AM »

There’s a better chance of you dunking a basketball than Sam Hauser taking a medical redshirt
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

tower912

• All American
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2018, 07:41:42 AM »
I'll bite. A corollary that must be addressed is the health of everybody else while Sam languishes.  The good news is that there is abundant depth.  So, Sam heals slowly and has to red shirt.  This actually benefits many people.  Sacar, Morrow, Cain, Joey, and Bailey are competing for 30 minutes per game that just opened up.  The problem isn't  whether there is an adequate replacement.  The question that cannot be answered in May is who steps up?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2018, 08:07:58 AM »
I'm worried that you're not taking worrying seriously enough.

I'm worried you worry too much about others' worrying

MU82

• All American
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2018, 08:09:13 AM »
There’s a better chance of you dunking a basketball than Sam Hauser taking a medical redshirt

Good thing you're talkin' to 9-9-9 and not Ners, or else we'd be in trouble!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Tha Hound

• All American
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2018, 08:17:14 AM »

Quite literally the definition of fake news

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2018, 08:20:10 AM »

I am a member of the Aaron Rogers School of Zen.

Have some patience, FFS.

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2018, 08:37:11 AM »
The medical redshirt part was a bit of a stretch... but just for discussion sake, if Sam has some delays in progress and minutes need to be divided up, who's most likely stepping up?

I'm just very conflicted on how the team will shake out next year.  I mean this in a good way.  There just seems to be a wealth of talent fighting for minutes and I leave it to the much more knowledgeable scoop minds out there to sort it out for me!

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2018, 10:07:59 AM »
That worries me.
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2018, 10:26:54 AM »
I am a member of the Aaron Rogers School of Zen.

Is that where you go to learn to be a mechanic who fixes sinks?
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2018, 10:29:32 AM »

Our sink is broken?  Now I'm worried.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2018, 11:14:24 AM »
Goal is National Championship

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
                       ---Al McGuire

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2018, 05:03:35 PM »
No, that is where you go to learn how to be Danica Patrick's mechanic. Or at least a member of the pit crew. Imagine the torque that needs to be applied to the lug wrench.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2018, 06:27:02 PM »
The only way Sam medical redshirts is if he gets shut down after playing. He can just redshirt if he is not ready.