Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by GoldenEagles03
[April 27, 2024, 11:54:22 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 10:13:14 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 08:53:54 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Koby McEwen to Marquette  (Read 25472 times)

DCHoopster

• Team Captain
Re: Koby McEwen to Marquette
« Reply #75 on: April 23, 2018, 09:18:03 AM »
Omg in what possible manner?

Im sorry but absolutely no way

Look how he takes his outside shot, puts both feet together before shooting much like Duane.  The rest of his game is better for sure.  Cocky kid it looks like, much
like Duane as well, which I love in a player.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #76 on: April 23, 2018, 09:32:09 AM »
Reminds me of a black Jerry West, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #77 on: April 23, 2018, 09:41:05 AM »
I thought the same thing watching the video, a Duane that is healthy which I am not sure Duane was in his career, hope Koby stays healthy.  I really like kids who
seat a year in a program, they improve.  The Sacar improvement was impressive.  I was never sure he would get off the bench.

In all fairness sacar was playing in large part due to default and did nothing particularly well on a 7th place team.  While he did improve he is no where near the player MU needs to compete at a significantly higher lever.  Hopefully next year or by his senior year he can approach that level.
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #78 on: April 23, 2018, 09:44:08 AM »
Look how he takes his outside shot, puts both feet together before shooting much like Duane.  The rest of his game is better for sure.  Cocky kid it looks like, much
like Duane as well, which I love in a player.

Ok i will give u “shoots with feet together”.  I see nothing else similar, recall duane was the point guard that had zero point guard skills sans the occasional nice dish.  Very different players.  Someone else had used Butlers baldwin, which i can see but i think hes bigger n stronger n maybe not as quick as a baldwin.  Body and motions reminded me of Dunn

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #79 on: April 23, 2018, 10:00:49 AM »
MU82 and I both mentioned it in this thread, and it's getting ahead of ourselves, but the 19-20 team has potential to be scary Top 10 preseason good. With that being in the back of the program's mind, I'd like to see MU try to secure a tough home and home with someone this year, knowing the return game is set for the following season.

If everyone sticks around and is healthy, that 19-20 roster is an absolute monster.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #80 on: April 23, 2018, 10:10:32 AM »
In all fairness sacar was playing in large part due to default and did nothing particularly well on a 7th place team.  While he did improve he is no where near the player MU needs to compete at a significantly higher lever.  Hopefully next year or by his senior year he can approach that level.

He did something particularly well in (at the time) our biggest victory of last season.

And he defended pretty well most of the season - which, given how many people beyotch about our lousy defense, shouldn't be dismissed.

But I think I do agree with what I think you're trying to say in your own unique ("Luke is the worst player in the history of mankind") way:

Sacar should be a role player who sees relatively little time on the court. One sign that we are a much better team is if Sacar plays 15 or so mpg - not because he has taken a step backward but because we have better options. I feel the same about Heldt; we'll be a better team next season if he's playing 10-15 mpg because others prove their superiority.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #81 on: April 23, 2018, 10:10:58 AM »
MU82 and I both mentioned it in this thread, and it's getting ahead of ourselves, but the 19-20 team has potential to be scary Top 10 preseason good. With that being in the back of the program's mind, I'd like to see MU try to secure a tough home and home with someone this year, knowing the return game is set for the following season.

If everyone sticks around and is healthy, that 19-20 roster is an absolute monster.

Agree and like this roster and the kids involved.  Should be really good even when, unfortunately, the 10-13 kids see no light at the end of the tunnel.  However, and i think wojo stresses this from everything i have heard him say is he wants to build a program where the juniors n seniors play alot and the freshman n sophomore play a little.  This takes trmendous buy in from the players and targeting kids that can accept this.  Winning helps everything.  If he can do this and get old and stay old its MUs best approach to being consitantly good. 
Unless there is a big change there is no real way our freshman and sophs to compete with the freshman and sophs of the blue bloods.  However, our juniors and seniors, provided they have the talent, can compete with the freshman and sophs of the blue bloods.  See 1994, 1996, 3 amigos and some of buzzs last teams

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #82 on: April 23, 2018, 10:14:41 AM »
He did something particularly well in (at the time) our biggest victory of last season.

And he defended pretty well most of the season - which, given how many people beyotch about our lousy defense, shouldn't be dismissed.

But I think I do agree with what I think you're trying to say in your own unique ("Luke is the worst player in the history of mankind") way:

Sacar should be a role player who sees relatively little time on the court. One sign that we are a much better team is if Sacar plays 15 or so mpg - not because he has taken a step backward but because we have better options. I feel the same about Heldt; we'll be a better team next season if he's playing 10-15 mpg because others prove their superiority.

Tallest midget award 👏
Never said luke was terrible.  Said two things ... slowing our offense to post him hurt us offensively and that we were a better team with Heldt on the court.  I think when people step back and remove their emotion they will realize i was right.  Glad our coaching staff recognized it anyway.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #83 on: April 23, 2018, 10:20:34 AM »
Agree and like this roster and the kids involved.  Should be really good even when, unfortunately, the 10-13 kids see no light at the end of the tunnel.  However, and i think wojo stresses this from everything i have heard him say is he wants to build a program where the juniors n seniors play alot and the freshman n sophomore play a little.  This takes trmendous buy in from the players and targeting kids that can accept this.  Winning helps everything.  If he can do this and get old and stay old its MUs best approach to being consitantly good. 
Unless there is a big change there is no real way our freshman and sophs to compete with the freshman and sophs of the blue bloods.  However, our juniors and seniors, provided they have the talent, can compete with the freshman and sophs of the blue bloods.  See 1994, 1996, 3 amigos and some of buzzs last teams

Agree 100%!  Maturity means a lot in the BE.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #84 on: April 23, 2018, 10:44:01 AM »
Tallest midget award 👏
Never said luke was terrible.  Said two things ... slowing our offense to post him hurt us offensively and that we were a better team with Heldt on the court.  I think when people step back and remove their emotion they will realize i was right.  Glad our coaching staff recognized it anyway.

No emotion involved at all.

Wojo tried something and it mostly worked. He then turned back more to Luke for the crucial games at the end of the season - Creighton to clinch our tournament bid, the BET game and the NCAA game. Fischer averaged 23 mins in those to 16 for Heldt. In the NCAA game, Heldt was like a deer in headlights and Wojo thankfully put Fischer in the game quickly, which helped us get a lead. Unfortunately, we ran into a buzzsaw in the second half.

I've said all along that I think Wojo has had a very good feel for minute distribution of our 5. When Luke was struggling, he took a stab at going with Matt and it worked, and Wojo rode the hot hand, as all smart coaches do. I was thrilled about that. When the Matt experiment wasn't as fruitful, he went back more to Luke.

Bottom line: In 2016-17, we were 3-3 with Heldt as starter and 16-10 with Luke as starter. Luke's starts included very good performances in most of our biggest wins of the season, including Creighton twice, Seton Hall and Nova.

So sure, if you want to say we were better with Heldt, that's cool. Think what you want.

BTW, you did just say in another thread "sacar is not any good."

So if Sacar sticks around and plays well next season, in whatever role he has, please don't try to claim, "Never said Sacar was terrible." You just did. And you said much the same about Luke many, many, many times.

I think when you step back and remove your emotion, you will see that's right!

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #85 on: April 23, 2018, 11:12:56 AM »
Never said luke was terrible. 

Errrrrr, really?

Google some of his videos, he makes Fisher look like a 5th grade school girl!!
This was in reference to Harry Froling BTW

He may be the worst defensive player i have ever seen at Marquette

Luke fischer the worst player in the big east
We are better off with heldt ir no big

Fischer still sucks

Get luke the unnatural carnal knowledge out!!! Cant play d and cant reebound!!!
And suuuucks on O

Fisher n jjj dont have the stones to play in an NCAA tourney during their careers, they are getting what they deserve

To use a hockey reference fishcer most resmbles an octupus at the red wings games

Luke n jjj mental marshmallows already

Luke fisher n jjj are mental marshmallows. Need seniorleadership to start game n they are the worst of the worst.  Creighton game only shows how mentally weak fisher is when factor into the other 3 surrounding games.

And this is about 5 pages worth of posts.  But you never said he was terrible!
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #86 on: April 23, 2018, 11:20:03 AM »
Errrrrr, really?

Good stuff.  Sand-Knit saying he never said Luke was terrible is hilarious.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #87 on: April 23, 2018, 11:27:52 AM »
In defense of Sand-Knit, while that was annoying at the time he was able to let it go as soon as Luke graduated and was actually one of the more positive posters this season.

Unlike some other posters...

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #88 on: April 23, 2018, 11:44:06 AM »
Errrrrr, really?

Well, except for THOSE times
No Finish Line

MU82

• All American
« Reply #89 on: April 23, 2018, 11:55:26 AM »
Errrrrr, really?

Hilarious stuff, TS.

No, he never said Luke was terrible. He only said, Luke fischer the worst player in the big east

I never get why people lie about what they said when finding proof of what they said is so easy nowadays.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #90 on: April 23, 2018, 11:57:42 AM »
Y can't wee ever get a transfer from a reely good program like Duke, Kentucky, or UNC, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #91 on: April 23, 2018, 12:08:44 PM »
Y can't wee ever get a transfer from a reely good program like Duke, Kentucky, or UNC, hey?

Honest question, would you prefer a transfer from a top program because they had proven unable to earn minutes in a high major league or a star from a smaller program trying to prove themselves at a higher level?
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #92 on: April 23, 2018, 12:12:32 PM »
Honest question, would you prefer a transfer from a top program because they had proven unable to earn minutes in a high major league or a star from a smaller program trying to prove themselves at a higher level?
Semi Ojeleye comes to mind immediately.....

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #93 on: April 23, 2018, 12:18:16 PM »
Semi and Charles Matthews are the only two recent examples I can think of.

KampusFoods

• All American
« Reply #94 on: April 23, 2018, 12:25:26 PM »
Semi and Charles Matthews are the only two recent examples I can think of.

Gbinije went from garbage time at Duke to being the star at Syracuse

DCHoopster

• Team Captain
« Reply #95 on: April 23, 2018, 12:42:40 PM »

Sacar is not really a small forward, plays like a guard who can not shoot from the outside.  Can not rebound at all.  Like 3 boards a game.  But he did a good job defending and will be much better next year when other guys defend.  They had nobody else so he stepped up and was OK.  Playing time for him will be challenging
next year.  I can see Chartounney and Sacar on defense at times or Elliott when they need a stop, add Cain, Morrow and Theo, makes for a pretty good defensive team,
maybe even Eke if his back is OK.  Or when they need to zone.  Much more athletic.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #96 on: April 23, 2018, 12:48:22 PM »
Sacar is not really a small forward, plays like a guard who can not shoot from the outside.  Can not rebound at all.  Like 3 boards a game.  But he did a good job defending and will be much better next year when other guys defend.  They had nobody else so he stepped up and was OK.  Playing time for him will be challenging
next year.  I can see Chartounney and Sacar on defense at times or Elliott when they need a stop, add Cain, Morrow and Theo, makes for a pretty good defensive team,
maybe even Eke if his back is OK.  Or when they need to zone.  Much more athletic.

Sacar is a fine rebounder.  His defensive rebound percentage was poor because he was usually guarding on the perimeter.  His offensive rebounding percentage was only behind the three posts and Cain.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #97 on: April 23, 2018, 12:50:57 PM »

I'd take either but lean towards the latter

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #98 on: April 23, 2018, 12:54:03 PM »
Hilarious stuff, TS.

No, he never said Luke was terrible. He only said, Luke fischer the worst player in the big east

I never get why people lie about what they said when finding proof of what they said is so easy nowadays.

Because, as evidenced by many in the political sphere, they can get away with it. All of the past statements/lies/whatever can be re-displayed, and it seems to have no effect.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #99 on: April 23, 2018, 01:12:32 PM »
No emotion involved at all.

Wojo tried something and it mostly worked. He then turned back more to Luke for the crucial games at the end of the season - Creighton to clinch our tournament bid, the BET game and the NCAA game. Fischer averaged 23 mins in those to 16 for Heldt. In the NCAA game, Heldt was like a deer in headlights and Wojo thankfully put Fischer in the game quickly, which helped us get a lead. Unfortunately, we ran into a buzzsaw in the second half.

I've said all along that I think Wojo has had a very good feel for minute distribution of our 5. When Luke was struggling, he took a stab at going with Matt and it worked, and Wojo rode the hot hand, as all smart coaches do. I was thrilled about that. When the Matt experiment wasn't as fruitful, he went back more to Luke.

Bottom line: In 2016-17, we were 3-3 with Heldt as starter and 16-10 with Luke as starter. Luke's starts included very good performances in most of our biggest wins of the season, including Creighton twice, Seton Hall and Nova.

So sure, if you want to say we were better with Heldt, that's cool. Think what you want.

BTW, you did just say in another thread "sacar is not any good."

So if Sacar sticks around and plays well next season, in whatever role he has, please don't try to claim, "Never said Sacar was terrible." You just did. And you said much the same about Luke many, many, many times.

I think when you step back and remove your emotion, you will see that's right!

Not good and terrible are not the same.

Last year Sacar sans 1 game was not good.  Next two years barring major improvements in defensive rebounding and shooting he will play less.  If he improves in those two areas specifically and all areas in general he will have moved the needle from not good towards good and will contest for more playing time.  Pretty simple but a long way to go.

feedback