[April 26, 2024, 10:00:30 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Where’s howard  (Read 18808 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: Where’s howard
« Reply #100 on: April 29, 2018, 09:05:07 AM »
i totally totally totally underestimated the response i would get from my initial post...duh, cuz obviously if i knew, i never would have posted it, right?  i did not post it with any malicious intent, but if the person in the pic behind marcus somehow visits scoop and sees this-i'm sorry for that as well.  if i knew how to delete the post, i would.  for those of you who want to tar and feather me along with my family, well those are your own issues.  if it would make you feel better, how revealing that would be.

look, most of you here know me straight out as a decent guy. i'm a free thinker who tends to stretch the boundaries of decency at times-yes.  it is who i am.  i would never, in real life base my interactions with someone on whether or not they passed some sort of vanity guideline either.  my attempt at some levity here fell flat and i'm sorry for the "outrage" that followed

as many of you here on scoop who know me,  i'm a "content of ones character" guy and i would help out anyone regardless of their physical appearances.  but here, as i quickly found out,  i fell far short of that under my own estimations.   it is a funny world, one where we build and lose social capital so quickly.  the manner in which it occurs, i think is revealing. 
     not sure if this is what some here are looking for or if it will suffice as there will always be those who will bang away at others because they can.  we can only control what we can control; realize the difference

as i said, if i knew how to delete the post-it would have been gone.  my cowardice aside, i apologize for crossing most of your boundaries of decency.   maybe a  self-impose a ban on the rocket for awhile would be healthy for all of us.  ya'll behave yourselves now...hear

Respect Brother Rocket. We know the intent wasn't bad but it didn't have the impact you intended.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #101 on: April 29, 2018, 09:09:04 AM »
If you can't tell the difference between the WHCD, which is essentially an annual roast that public figures voluntarily attend, and calling out a random stranger on a public forum, then frankly I'm not sure I can help you. The two things are completely unrelated.

Nope. There is funny and then there is totally malicious and disrespectful. Wolf crossed the line.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 09:19:55 AM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #102 on: April 29, 2018, 09:16:08 AM »
Legit question:

How do Michelle Wolf's comments last night, on a national stage, sit with fellow Scoopers?

An interesting question. I see both sides of it.

On one hand, Michelle Wolf is a professional comedian, who was paid to perform at a roast, who made jokes about about celebrities/public figures. Our society says the rules for public figures and celebrities are different, even the law treats them differently when it comes to first amendment protection. I think it's fair to say that it is a different situation than a random woman getting attacked for her looks on a basketball forum.

On the other hand, just because our society says that public figures/celebrities should be treated differently doesn't actually make it right/just. They are human beings as well with all the attached emotions, insecurities, and anxieties. Maybe we should strive to be better.

Given that Wolf is a professional who was paid to perform at a roast, it personally doesn't register very highly on my personal outrage scale. If it does for others, I'd understand why.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #103 on: April 29, 2018, 09:17:51 AM »
If you can't tell the difference between the WHCD, which is essentially an annual roast that public figures voluntarily attend circle jerk that causes people on both sides of the aisle to break out their fainting couches, and calling out a random stranger on a public forum, then frankly I'm not sure I can help you. The two things are completely unrelated.

FIFY

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #104 on: April 29, 2018, 09:19:22 AM »
Nope. There funny and then there is totally malicious and disrespectful.

Well the White House Corresdondance Dinner wasn't posted here so I'm not even sure what point you are making.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #105 on: April 29, 2018, 09:22:10 AM »
Ok... let's just call this done.

feedback