[Today at 08:17:02 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by bilsu
[Today at 07:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 05:04:53 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[Today at 03:21:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Koby McEwen to Marquette  (Read 25368 times)

lessthannick11

• Team Captain
Re: Koby McEwen to Marquette
« Reply #125 on: April 23, 2018, 07:17:32 PM »
just..... asking...... why....... you......... do........ that....... burger........?

Your points are good and interesting.  Seriously, why the format?

He went to the Dodds school of message boarding?  ;)

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #126 on: April 23, 2018, 08:10:48 PM »
Terrible never used once
Worst defensive player in BE, in retrospect may have been accurate

Of course that's the response you're going with. Also hilarious. 

harryp

• Starter
« Reply #127 on: April 23, 2018, 08:11:37 PM »
Obviously we are going to have a ton of talent next year. The one thing that puzzles me is no mention of speed. This years team and last years team were very slow overall. Can anyone enlighten me on this subject?

UNC Eagle

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #128 on: April 23, 2018, 08:19:01 PM »
Obviously we are going to have a ton of talent next year. The one thing that puzzles me is no mention of speed. This years team and last years team were very slow overall. Can anyone enlighten me on this subject?
I really like the acquisition of McEwen and Chartouny. Both are proven players. More importantly, they create a lot of flexibility in who we play based on opponent.  For example, there are going to be certain games where we don't want Greg and Jamal coming off the floor  because of their speed and I think these  two guys facilitate that kind of defensive  athletic oriented fast breaking lineup at 1, 2 and 3 position  where we can then play Sam and Joey together etc.
UNC Grad MU Fan

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #129 on: April 23, 2018, 09:04:41 PM »
I really like the acquisition of McEwen and Chartouny. Both are proven players. More importantly, they create a lot of flexibility in who we play based on opponent.  For example, there are going to be certain games where we don't want Greg and Jamal coming off the floor  because of their speed and I think these  two guys facilitate that kind of defensive  athletic oriented fast breaking lineup at 1, 2 and 3 position  where we can then play Sam and Joey together etc.
You do know JC and KM will never play together, don't you?

AZWarrior

• All American
« Reply #130 on: April 23, 2018, 09:15:44 PM »
You do know JC and KM will never play together, don't you?

Well, at "The Al" they will. 
All this talk of rights.  So little talk of responsibilities.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #131 on: April 23, 2018, 09:41:00 PM »
Sacar was very good at what he was asked to do. The problem was other players weren’t as good at what they were asked to do. Sacar will still play a lot of minutes next year.

But about Koby, since, you know, this is a thread on Koby McEwen’s commitment to Marquette...

What are the rules as far as transfers and when everything is official? It looks like MU Tweeted our an official welcome to the two today. I’m pretty confident that if they were high school recruits MU could not do that until they officially sign a NLI? What’s the rule with transfers?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Pepe Sylvia

• Team Captain
« Reply #132 on: April 24, 2018, 12:31:14 AM »
I was excited about koby until i saw he retweeted a bunch of j cole and now im not so sure
twitterx: @HBOCEOofTits

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #133 on: April 24, 2018, 12:20:26 PM »
I wonder if Koby and Bailey knew each other because Koby played HS in Utah and both were in the same class

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #134 on: April 25, 2018, 07:41:33 AM »
With Chartouny and NcEwen in the fold, it's time for another expectations thread!

My expectation is that McEwen wil start at scout team PG leading to the team learning better on ball defense in practice.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #135 on: April 25, 2018, 07:51:31 AM »
My expectation is that McEwen wil start at scout team PG leading to the team learning better on ball defense in practice.
my expectation is many on here with "sources" will be saying given his practice play...he's the best player on the team.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #136 on: April 25, 2018, 08:06:36 AM »

That will need to prove at least to me that they can play defense. Then and only then will I say we have a ton of talent.

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #137 on: April 25, 2018, 08:28:18 AM »
I was excited about koby until i saw he retweeted a bunch of j cole and now im not so sure
I know. SJU grad. Gross.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #138 on: April 29, 2018, 05:13:18 PM »
That will need to prove at least to me that they can play defense. Then and only then will I say we have a ton of talent.
Don't worry. Wojo has defense covered. He was national D Player of the year back in the day. He is a defensive guru.....offense too!
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.