Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by GoldenEagles03
[April 27, 2024, 11:54:22 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 10:13:14 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 08:53:54 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Koby McEwen to Marquette  (Read 25477 times)

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
Re: Koby McEwen to Marquette
« Reply #100 on: April 23, 2018, 01:15:43 PM »
Hilarious stuff, TS.

No, he never said Luke was terrible. He only said, Luke fischer the worst player in the big east

I never get why people lie about what they said when finding proof of what they said is so easy nowadays.

Terrible never used once
Worst defensive player in BE, in retrospect may have been accurate
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

DCHoopster

• Team Captain
« Reply #101 on: April 23, 2018, 01:17:42 PM »

Sacar is a fine rebounder.  His defensive rebound percentage was poor because he was usually guarding on the perimeter.  His offensive rebounding percentage was only behind the three posts and Cain.

He is a guard playing the 3, weak rebounder.  To small.  Rather have Cain, Morrow and a center in there then Sacar.  Look around the Big East
last year, he was one of the worst threes out of the 10 schools.  Martin, Thomas, Strus. Diallo, Ahmed, Desi, Bridges, Bluiett, all better than
Sacar in all facets of there game.  Maybe better than Gerogetowns 3, not sure who that was. 

Needs to play guard next year.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #102 on: April 23, 2018, 01:25:52 PM »
He is a guard playing the 3, weak rebounder.  To small.  Rather have Cain, Morrow and a center in there then Sacar.  Look around the Big East
last year, he was one of the worst threes out of the 10 schools.  Martin, Thomas, Strus. Diallo, Ahmed, Desi, Bridges, Bluiett, all better than
Sacar in all facets of there game.  Maybe better than Gerogetowns 3, not sure who that was. 

You worry too much about positions and not enough about role.  A 2 and 3 are basically interchangeable.  His role was to defend primarily perimeter players. 

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #103 on: April 23, 2018, 01:34:37 PM »
In defense of Sand-Knit, while that was annoying at the time he was able to let it go as soon as Luke graduated and was actually one of the more positive posters this season.

Unlike some other posters...

I think if u go back i have been far more patient and appreciative of Wojo and what he is trying to build than most.  As a poster said the other day, its not so much the Xs n Os as it is the Jimmys n Joes.  Wojos defense stems mostly from a player standpoint and everything he is doing now that he has had some success n recruiting traction will eliminate the athleticism issues. The last two years i have said i thought Wojo actually overacheived given the talent n youth issues.  Cobbling together that roster two years ago and getting into the NCaas i thought was really an achievement.  Losing duane and haanif this year and still winning 21 games , while at times  frustrating, i still thought was a very solid coaching job.  Good not great.  I only had one game where i was realky pissed and ranted about toughness n effort and i think that might have been tge game wojo blew his lid a little also, idk. Now we can debate if he should have had such in flux rosters in years 3 and 4.  But i thought the coaching jobs given what he had were pretty solid.
His recruiting has been downright spectacular since and im pretty excited.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #104 on: April 23, 2018, 01:36:04 PM »

Agree but he cant shoot. Needs to get alot better to win his matchup

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #105 on: April 23, 2018, 01:55:44 PM »
Terrible never used once
Worst defensive player in BE, in retrospect may have been accurate

Bolded for your viewing pleasure.  March 17, 2017
Not matts night still 100x the warrior of our other center

Oh nice screen fischer as i type
Hirrible horrible player
Waste

Fisher is simply terrible n hurts us

Playing an away game when things arent going well doesnt help

But to be fair, you also called him a lot of worse things than "Hirrible"
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #106 on: April 23, 2018, 02:10:59 PM »

Where he stacks up against other 3's in the BE is completely irrelevant.

onepost

• All American
« Reply #107 on: April 23, 2018, 02:14:22 PM »

Fantastic

MU82

• All American
« Reply #108 on: April 23, 2018, 02:57:03 PM »

This only proves that he called Fischer "simply terrible"

So Sandy never really called him just plain ol' "terrible" without it being simple. Get the difference?

Again, why lie? Just own it, man.

All of us eff up occasionally but far too few of us are willing to say, "Yeah, my bad."

I mean, the guy called Fischer the very worst player in the entire Big East, but "terrible never used once." First, that's worse defense than Fischer ever played. Second, it was a lie.

And yeah, Sandy has been supportive of Wojo in recent weeks. He did completely lose his shyte after the St. John's loss, starting a thread with an almost unreadable, single-paragraph diatribe. It was filled with misspelled words and cliches, and he concluded: Its pathetic and I will no longer defend Wojo. https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=55600.msg989407#msg989407

I'm sure Wojo is heartbroken.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #109 on: April 23, 2018, 03:34:09 PM »
Where he stacks up against other 3's in the BE is completely irrelevant.

Lol
Simply horrible statement it’s everything

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #110 on: April 23, 2018, 03:37:00 PM »
This only proves that he called Fischer "simply terrible"

So Sandy never really called him just plain ol' "terrible" without it being simple. Get the difference?

Again, why lie? Just own it, man.

All of us eff up occasionally but far too few of us are willing to say, "Yeah, my bad."

I mean, the guy called Fischer the very worst player in the entire Big East, but "terrible never used once." First, that's worse defense than Fischer ever played. Second, it was a lie.

And yeah, Sandy has been supportive of Wojo in recent weeks. He did completely lose his shyte after the St. John's loss, starting a thread with an almost unreadable, single-paragraph diatribe. It was filled with misspelled words and cliches, and he concluded: Its pathetic and I will no longer defend Wojo. https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=55600.msg989407#msg989407

I'm sure Wojo is heartbroken.

Yep that was the game.  As i stated i did lose it after that game and was most frustrated cause i didnt think we played with effort or energy but as i said i had been defending wojo all year against the cant coach and zone crowds

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #111 on: April 23, 2018, 03:44:49 PM »
Lol
Simply horrible statement it’s everything
All that matters is whether or not he's the best option for MU at the 3

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #112 on: April 23, 2018, 04:00:08 PM »
All that matters is whether or not he's the best option for MU at the 3

True, but if he's the 8-10th best in the Big East and also the best option for MU, that's not necessarily a good thing.

So it matters, and it doesn't. It is... AND it isn't.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #113 on: April 23, 2018, 04:14:10 PM »
Let’s hope these next two seasons we really take the next step.

Can only imagine Wojos recruiting ability if we also can sell kids on being perennial top 25.

Nice knowing we don’t have any glaring holes the next two years
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #114 on: April 23, 2018, 04:29:14 PM »
True, but if he's the 8-10th best in the Big East and also the best option for MU, that's not necessarily a good thing.

If his point is that MU needs to upgrade its talent at the SF position... fine.  But in the context of playing time, all that matters is how he fits into the lineup and how he stacks up against other SF's on MU's roster.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #115 on: April 23, 2018, 04:32:01 PM »

It isn't about the girl, Coop.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #116 on: April 23, 2018, 04:44:35 PM »
Reminds me of a black Jerry West, hey?
Do you mean he reminds you of Earl Tatum?

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #117 on: April 23, 2018, 04:57:14 PM »
Not good and terrible are not the same.

Last year Sacar sans 1 game was not good.  Next two years barring major improvements in defensive rebounding and shooting he will play less.  If he improves in those two areas specifically and all areas in general he will have moved the needle from not good towards good and will contest for more playing time.  Pretty simple but a long way to go.
Sacar became a much better player as the season progressed. The question is whether he has peaked or will continue to progress.

NWarsh

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #118 on: April 23, 2018, 05:17:32 PM »
If his point is that MU needs to upgrade its talent at the SF position... fine.  But in the context of playing time, all that matters is how he fits into the lineup and how he stacks up against other SF's on MU's roster.

Not even stacking up against other SFs on the MU's roster, more on how he stacks up against other people who have similar roles on MU's roster.  As someone said earlier, 2 and 3 are the same in today's game.  Hell, some would argue 2, 3, and 4 are all the same.  You need guys who have specific, complimentary skills to be a really good team.  Yes some of those skills align to traditional positions, i.e. a guy who can get boards and defend the paint generally are going to align with a traditional center and have some size and length to them.  A guy who can create and find the open man generally would be a traditional PG and so on.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #119 on: April 23, 2018, 05:31:48 PM »
With Chartouny and NcEwen in the fold, it's time for another expectations thread!

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #120 on: April 23, 2018, 05:52:32 PM »
Sacar finished his sophomore season 4th on the team in minutes played. His contribution shows in the raw numbers: 4th in points scored, 4th in assists, 5th in steals, 6th in rebounds.

Sacar ended up filling a role similar to Haanif Cheatham during his sophomore season, when he finished 4th in minutes played, 3rd in assists, 4th in rebounds, 5th in steals, 7th in points scored.

Sacar seems to be the quicker and more athletic player of the two. Both were among the team's best on-ball defenders (I'd give Sacar the slight edge), both slashers (Sacar converts at a slightly higher rate), decent passers and rebounders (slight edge to Haanif), and neither a dependable option from outside the arc.

They're not stars. They're solid role players, which every team needs. There's a reason why Sacar got more minutes than Jamal or Greg: He earned them. Sacar was a more consistent overall performer, especially down the stretch. In the last 10 games of the season (when Marquette went 7-3), Sacar averaged 31+ minutes a game.

I see a lot of potential in Jamal and Greg. But I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss Sacar. I'm sure he's working just as hard as anyone on the team to improve his game in the offseason. I'd be surprised if his minutes are reduced by 50% or more.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 05:54:33 PM by Marcus92 »
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

burger

• All American
« Reply #121 on: April 23, 2018, 06:31:22 PM »
Don't dismiss Sacar.......

He must have very big hands.....He snaps his jump shot with back spin.....

Others I have seen with that kind of shot.....Terry Cummings.....Michael Jordan......etc

If he perfect his jumper with a lot of repetition this summer......He could have a break out year next year......

The kind of jumper he has.....Is very rare.....I did not say it is good yet......But he has a chance.....

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #122 on: April 23, 2018, 06:43:04 PM »
just..... asking...... why....... you......... do........ that....... burger........?

Your points are good and interesting.  Seriously, why the format?

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #123 on: April 23, 2018, 06:45:00 PM »
just..... asking...... why....... you......... do........ that....... burger........?

Your points are good and interesting.  Seriously, why the format?

Because a burger needs filler.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #124 on: April 23, 2018, 06:51:36 PM »
4ever

Something like that.