[April 22, 2024, 08:17:35 PM]

MU Alumni playing in European and Foreign Leagues Thread by mileskishnish72
[April 22, 2024, 04:17:36 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by WeAreMarquette96
[April 22, 2024, 01:49:31 PM]

[Paint Touches] Way-Too-Early roundup of MU rankings by tower912
[April 22, 2024, 01:29:28 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [Paint Touches] NCAA Free Agent Tracker  (Read 28359 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: [Paint Touches] NCAA Free Agent Tracker
« Reply #125 on: May 01, 2018, 03:33:22 PM »
Still don't see why that would translate into some kind of "agenda."

I think what DCH is getting at is that some grad transfers decide to transfer in order to "showcase" themselves in order to get to the NBA (or other professional league). Which is true, some grad transfers do that. Part of Duane's transfer was a desire to showcase his PG ability. This might lead some to believe that a grad transfer might be more selfish and put their own needs above the needs of the team.

This is certainly possible, but I honestly don't see grad transfers being a bigger risk to be selfish than any other player. A traditional transfer, an incoming freshman, or a four year senior could choose to be just as selfish as any grad transfer. I don't think we have to worry with JC, one I hear he's a pretty selfless guy....willing to give his life for others...Two, the best way to "showcase" himself as a PG next season would be to prove that he can make the other players on the floor better.

One thing that is overlooked about JC is that he is a full grown man. He is already 23 and will be 24 before the end of the non-conference season. Could be wrong but I think his age will give him some maturity...I don't think we will have to worry about him buying into the team.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #126 on: May 01, 2018, 03:40:06 PM »
I think what DCH is getting at is that some grad transfers decide to transfer in order to "showcase" themselves in order to get to the NBA (or other professional league). Which is true, some grad transfers do that. Part of Duane's transfer was a desire to showcase his PG ability. This might lead some to believe that a grad transfer might be more selfish and put their own needs above the needs of the team.

This is certainly possible, but I honestly don't see grad transfers being a bigger risk to be selfish than any other player. A traditional transfer, an incoming freshman, or a four year senior could choose to be just as selfish as any grad transfer. I don't think we have to worry with JC, one I hear he's a pretty selfless guy....willing to give his life for others...Two, the best way to "showcase" himself as a PG next season would be to prove that he can make the other players on the floor better.

One thing that is overlooked about JC is that he is a full grown man. He is already 23 and will be 24 before the end of the non-conference season. Could be wrong but I think his age will give him some maturity...I don't think we will have to worry about him buying into the team.

Damn, I was out of college for 3 years before I was 24.  I am jealous.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #127 on: May 01, 2018, 03:59:35 PM »

Great perspective, TAMU.

He's probably more mature than I am now ... and I'm at least 24!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

DCHoopster

• Team Captain
« Reply #128 on: May 01, 2018, 04:21:24 PM »

Same thought, agreed.  Never know. I will say it might be better than getting a Grimes who is thinking of one thing and one thing only, one and done.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #129 on: May 08, 2018, 11:37:20 AM »
Cremo to Villanova.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #130 on: May 09, 2018, 04:03:20 PM »
https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/994259824962691072

Xavier is trying for their fourth grad transfer this offseason by going for Tramaine Isabell. Averaged 21 points a game at Drexel. Seton Hall is also involved. He could make a big impact for either team.
TAMU

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #131 on: June 10, 2018, 09:32:24 PM »
Creighton picks up Connor Cashaw from Rice as a grad transfer. 6-5 200. 15.5 PPG  7.1 rebounds. 3.2 assist and 1.3 steals per game.  Went to high school in Lincolnshire outside Chicago.
http://www.omaha.com/creighton/mens-basketball/creighton-lands-grad-transfer-connor-cashaw-from-rice/article_ecbb2aed-5d07-534a-858f-064e46a72bd1.html
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 10:21:06 PM by Herman Cain »
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #132 on: June 10, 2018, 10:16:25 PM »
Creighton picks up Connor Cashaw from Rice as a grad transfer. 6-5 200. 15.5 PPG  7.1 rebounds. 3.2 assist and 1.3 steals per game.  Went to high school at Lincolnshire outside Chicago.
http://www.omaha.com/creighton/mens-basketball/creighton-lands-grad-transfer-connor-cashaw-from-rice/article_ecbb2aed-5d07-534a-858f-064e46a72bd1.html

No he went to Stevenson in Lincolnshire
Maigh Eo for Sam

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #133 on: June 10, 2018, 10:21:27 PM »
No he went to Stevenson in Lincolnshire
Noted
            ---Al McGuire

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #134 on: June 12, 2018, 12:03:42 PM »
Geno Crandall could be a big get for a team
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #135 on: June 12, 2018, 12:16:08 PM »
And it looks like it’s Minny(if Richard makes room) or Xavier and their 17 grad transfers
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #136 on: June 20, 2018, 02:00:34 PM »
After flirting with Villanova, Reid Travis (the best transfer on the market this season) ends up with Kentucky.

Means we have a better shot at a Big East title this season....but man do I hate seeing the rich get richer. Kentucky is going to be stupid good next season.
TAMU

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #137 on: June 20, 2018, 02:14:11 PM »
After flirting with Villanova, Reid Travis (the best transfer on the market this season) ends up with Kentucky.

Means we have a better shot at a Big East title this season....but man do I hate seeing the rich get richer. Kentucky is going to be stupid good next season.
https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/impact-transfer-boosts-kentucky-early-top-25/story?id=56033935
            ---Al McGuire

oldwarrior81

• All American
« Reply #138 on: June 20, 2018, 03:06:20 PM »
Herro-ific level excitement

feedback