[April 19, 2024, 11:23:24 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:10:31 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:09:03 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Scoop Snoop
[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [Paint Touches] NCAA Free Agent Tracker  (Read 28351 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
[Paint Touches] NCAA Free Agent Tracker
« on: March 31, 2018, 03:23:06 PM »
https://painttouches.com/2018/03/31/2018-ncaa-free-agent-tracker-3-31-edition/

First version of the free agent tracker is up. List of our top 15 currently available graduate transfers...plus another 10 that we are keeping an eye on. These are ranked on opinion of who is best overall, not necessarily who is the best fit for Marquette.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: [Paint Touches] NCAA Free Agent Tracker
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2018, 03:38:33 PM »
Good stuff, TAMU. Chartouny remains at the top of my list based on need. Looking forward to the traditional tracker as well.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2018, 03:55:17 PM »
Thank you for putting these descriptions together, really great work.

"He is an elite on ball defender, shutting down iso attempts and pick and rolls with ease while bringing unmatched levels of disruption. On offense, he is definitely pass first and his shooting numbers from his junior season leave a lot to be desired."

That type of description and I'm sold on Chartouney. Sounds like he'd bring a return to DJames-senior-year type defense at the point of attack, the lack of which has been the root of most of our defensive problems IMHO. Adding a guy like this could allow Wojo to play his preferred man D and see a significant improvement in efficiency on that side of the floor.

And if shooting is someone's only weakness, coming to MU is obviously a great move. The frosh this year alone made massive leaps from first to second semester, and Heldt went from a 50% FT shooter to an 80% FT shooter this year. Sign him up ASAP!

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2018, 01:46:18 AM »
https://painttouches.com/2018/03/31/2018-ncaa-free-agent-tracker-3-31-edition/

Next update is done. Three new names, no one significant has been taken yet.
TAMU

WarriorDad

• All American
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2018, 04:22:05 PM »
It could be that i was delusional this AM but didn't i see Wojo like a tweet from a George Washington kid announcing his transfer? 

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2018, 08:03:31 PM »
It could be that i was delusional this AM but didn't i see Wojo like a tweet from a George Washington kid announcing his transfer?

Well according to Wojo's twitter, his last like was July of 2017 so I think you were delusional.

The George Washington transfer is likely Jair Bolden. http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/4066872/jair-bolden

Wouldn't be at the top of my wish list but wouldn't be the worst pickup if our top options fall through
TAMU

burger

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2018, 08:33:57 AM »
Good stuff, TAMU. Chartouny remains at the top of my list based on need. Looking forward to the traditional tracker as well.

You obviously haven't seen the McKewen video, stats, and physical attributes.....

Kamar Baldwin clone.....

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2018, 09:03:30 AM »
You obviously haven't seen the McKewen video, stats, and physical attributes.....

Kamar Baldwin clone.....

McEwen isn't a grad transfer.

MomofMUltiples

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2018, 09:05:38 AM »
Not a delusion. Here is the tweet Wojo liked:

https://mobile.twitter.com/GoodmanESPN/status/982279516235087873
I mean, OK, maybe he's secretly a serial killer who's pulled the wool over our eyes with his good deeds and smooth jumper - Pakuni (on Markus Howard)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
TAMU

Goose

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2018, 07:33:33 AM »
Good stuff, TAMU. Looks by your work it comes down to one guy to make or break the off-season. I truly hope he is not lost to Louisville. If lost to Louisville, it is not a great reflection on the trend of the program. It really should be, a no brainer get based off the situation in Louisville.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 08:09:41 AM by Goose »

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2018, 07:50:43 AM »
Good stuff, TAMU. Looks by your work it comes down to one guy to make or break the off-season. I truly hope he is not lost to Louisville. If lost to Louisville, it is not a great reflection on the trend of the program. It really should be a no brained get based off the situation in Louisville.

Chartnouy or bust. The success or failure of our offseason hangs in the balance. I think we get him.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2018, 08:06:22 AM »
Lenny

I sure hope so. On positive note, he looks like a guy that really improves next season. On negative note, if he goes to Louisville, I think Wojo’s days are numbered.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2018, 08:13:40 AM »
I think this team will manage without Chartouny, but I think he's the difference between a top-40 team that's hoping for a 7/10 or 8/9 game and one that's comfortably in and thinking about the second weekend. Really hope we have good news by Wednesday or Thursday.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2018, 08:18:23 AM »
Brew

You might be in right on him making us a non bubble team. But, we have to be honest, how in the hell would we pick Louisville over us? This is a Wojo moment and I hope he delivers.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2018, 08:21:01 AM »
I think this team will manage without Chartouny, but I think he's the difference between a top-40 team that's hoping for a 7/10 or 8/9 game and one that's comfortably in and thinking about the second weekend. Really hope we have good news by Wednesday or Thursday.

Boy, I know this is a different topic and all, but a 7/10, 8/9 seed with what they have next year honestly would seem like a bit of a disappointment. Those aren't great seeds to be honest. Who knows, there is so much time between now and then though, so many things can change so it's not really worth thinking about right now, but my first thought when I think of next year and what the "benchmark" should be so to speak, a 5/6 feels more like it to me....even without Chartouny.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2018, 08:38:27 AM »
Boy, I know this is a different topic and all, but a 7/10, 8/9 seed with what they have next year honestly would seem like a bit of a disappointment. Those aren't great seeds to be honest. Who knows, there is so much time between now and then though, so many things can change so it's not really worth thinking about right now, but my first thought when I think of next year and what the "benchmark" should be so to speak, a 5/6 feels more like it to me....even without Chartouny.

My expectations are a 6-9 seed.  I feel like quite a few people on this board are overestimating our talent.

Going from NIT #2 seed to NCAA 6 seed is quite a leap.  I think we need to land JC, Joey & Ed to both be solid starters/top 5 minutes, and at least one sophomore to be or Anim to make a leap.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2018, 09:11:06 AM »
My expectations are a 6-9 seed.  I feel like quite a few people on this board are overestimating our talent.

Going from NIT #2 seed to NCAA 6 seed is quite a leap.  I think we need to land JC, Joey & Ed to both be solid starters/top 5 minutes, and at least one sophomore to be or Anim to make a leap.

It's not as big of a leap as you may think:

TCU went from a #4 NIT seed last year to a #6 seed NCAA team this year.
Houston was a #2 NIT last year - #6 NCAA seed this year.
Clemson was a #2 NIT last year - #5 NCAA this year.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2018, 09:32:13 AM »
Chartnouy or bust. The success or failure of our offseason hangs in the balance. I think we get him.

I just have a feeling he picks Marquette too.  Chris Mack will have a good story to tell, tho.  He was excellent at X, is now cleaning up the Louisville program etc etc.

Yes - a Wojo moment.  Your table is ready at MU, JC!  It’s time to shine here!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 11:01:26 AM by Daniel »

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2018, 09:34:39 AM »
Brew

You might be in right on him making us a non bubble team. But, we have to be honest, how in the hell would we pick Louisville over us? This is a Wojo moment and I hope he delivers.

Personally I think it's an easy sell, but Louisville loses 4 of their top 5 scorers. If he wants to be the focal point of a high major team, that may be his best shot. Mack, like Steele at Xavier, is aiming at bringing in three grad transfers. Zach Johnson and Mike Cunningham are also slated to visit.

Coming here, he's likely at best the third option. I'd argue that's the third option on a certain NCAA team, a team that loses 30 mpg that he fits perfectly into, and a team where his distribution will be best suited because floor spacing will open up driving lanes and he can both tally points and assists easily. And we're not sitting on a NCAA investigation like the 2015-16 Louisville team that wasted the senior years of Damion Lee and Trey Lewis.

Are we the best option? I certainly think so, but I can see the sales pitch for Louisville too.

Floorslapper

• All American
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2018, 09:49:05 AM »
It's not as big of a leap as you may think:

TCU went from a #4 NIT seed last year to a #6 seed NCAA team this year.
Houston was a #2 NIT last year - #6 NCAA seed this year.
Clemson was a #2 NIT last year - #5 NCAA this year.

Jamie Dixon and Kelvin Sampson are proven coaches.  Bromwell is marginal.  Sampson has done a great job at Houston, just as Dixon has done at TCU.  Dixon took a team 136 in the year prior to arrival to 29, to 24 in Pomeroy.  Needless to say, the rebuilds at perennial powers TCU and Houston are well ahead of schedule as compared to our own.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2018, 10:36:14 AM »
Jamie Dixon and Kelvin Sampson are proven coaches.  Bromwell is marginal.  Sampson has done a great job at Houston, just as Dixon has done at TCU.  Dixon took a team 136 in the year prior to arrival to 29, to 24 in Pomeroy.  Needless to say, the rebuilds at perennial powers TCU and Houston are well ahead of schedule as compared to our own.

Houston has more final fours than us so I'd maybe think twice about the sarcasm. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2018, 10:44:10 AM »

Dixon is doing well, and has built with many of his own players. Sampson has one tourney appearance in 4 years and loses 3 starters, so hard to see how they're that far ahead.