[Today at 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[Today at 07:48:11 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by tower912
[Today at 05:47:31 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[Today at 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [Paint Touches] NCAA Free Agent Tracker  (Read 28415 times)

GGGG

• All American
Re: [Paint Touches] NCAA Free Agent Tracker
« Reply #100 on: April 30, 2018, 03:02:49 PM »
What's Ponds stock looking like? He struck me as someone who would benefit from another year, but with the constant roster turnover that has happened at St. John's he may be ready top move on as well.

Rumor is that he's concerned that Joseph Chartouny is going to clamp down on him so severely that it would harm his draft stock next year.  So he might as well come out now.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #101 on: April 30, 2018, 03:15:53 PM »
What's Ponds stock looking like? He struck me as someone who would benefit from another year, but with the constant roster turnover that has happened at St. John's he may be ready top move on as well.

https://www.rumbleinthegarden.com/2018/4/9/17160880/shamorie-ponds-st-johns-nba-draft-should-he-stay-should-he-go

Decent write up on the subject but its a few weeks old. Combine invites have gone out but there's no official list yet. Not sure if Ponds got invited or not. I kind of had the same thought as you about turnover at St. John's. It seems like players have been leaving the program despite getting good minutes. That leads me to believe that Ponds would go if there's any chance he gets drafted. This is all guesswork on my part though, for all I know Ponds is loving his time in Queens and is looking forward to returning.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #102 on: April 30, 2018, 03:44:36 PM »
Last year, DePaul found some success by picking up a quality big man from a low major program in Marin Maric. Looks like they are hoping for a repeat, they picked up Femi Olujobi, a big man out of North Carolina A&T who averaged 16 and 8. http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/3133915/femi-olujobi

Hard to tell how those numbers will translate to the Big East. NCA&T was pretty bad last season and in his two years at Oakland he could barely get off the bench. Still, DePaul was hurting for size on next year's team and found a solid option to fill in the gap. I think we see another year where every team in the Big East is ranked in the top 100 which can be huge for SOS and RPI numbers.

Assuming Strus comes back and there are no other surprise departures, I think DePaul could win 5 or 6 games in conference next season. I think it will be them, Seton Hall, and St John's (assuming Ponds goes pro) battling it out for the last three spots.
Jalen Coleman Lands transfer from Illinois will also be coming on line for the Blue Demons. Should help their cause.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/college/ct-jalen-coleman-lands-transfers-depaul-spt-0703-20170702-story.html
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

MomofMUltiples

• All American
« Reply #103 on: April 30, 2018, 03:51:40 PM »
I've read more than a couple articles that state that early entry players have until June 11 to withdraw from the draft.  That is true under NBA rules.  However, NCAA has declared that early entry players must withdraw by May 30 to retain college eligibility.
I mean, OK, maybe he's secretly a serial killer who's pulled the wool over our eyes with his good deeds and smooth jumper - Pakuni (on Markus Howard)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #104 on: April 30, 2018, 03:59:25 PM »
Jalen Coleman Lands transfer from Illinois will also be coming on line for the Blue Demons. Should help their cause.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/college/ct-jalen-coleman-lands-transfers-depaul-spt-0703-20170702-story.html

Yep, they will have a very solid backcourt with Cain, Strus, and Coleman-Lands (assuming Strus comes back) with Devin Gage, Justin Roberts, and 4 star Aussie Flynn Cameron coming off the bench. The question for them this year will be their frontcourt. They lost McCallum and Maric along with backups Hanel and Rychbosh to graduation. Going into the offseason, they only had three guys taller than 6'6", Reed and Butz who were back of the rotation guys, and Maslennikov a three star true freshman. Olujobi gives them another big body but it is possible that 7 of their top 8 players next season will be 6'6" or shorter. Gonna have their work cut for them on the boards and defending the rim.
TAMU

MU82

• All American
« Reply #105 on: April 30, 2018, 04:34:42 PM »

Rumor is that he's concerned that Joseph Chartouny is going to clamp down on him so severely that it would harm his draft stock next year.  So he might as well come out now.

I don't blame him. JC is a defensive god!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #106 on: April 30, 2018, 06:29:58 PM »
I don't blame him. JC is a defensive god!

Ummm... I prefer to think of JC as a defensive savior.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #107 on: April 30, 2018, 06:33:52 PM »

Nice.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #108 on: April 30, 2018, 07:02:27 PM »

And hopefully he fills the rest of the team with defensive spirit.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #109 on: April 30, 2018, 07:32:48 PM »

Wojo has accepted him as his personal savior.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #110 on: April 30, 2018, 08:59:03 PM »
And hopefully he fills the rest of the team with defensive spirit.
I can't wait to see Wojo ride out on a lamb.  ATV's are so early 2K.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #111 on: April 30, 2018, 11:04:23 PM »
Wojo has accepted him as his personal savior.

True. According to sources, had he failed to land JC, Wojo’s days would have been numbered.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #112 on: April 30, 2018, 11:09:45 PM »
Guys....I'm pretty sure JC committed three days after his official visit
TAMU

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #113 on: May 01, 2018, 10:14:26 AM »
Guys....I'm pretty sure JC committed three days after his official visit

Here's a pic taken by a confused Fordham fan when he visited the site where they tried to stash JC after he returned from his MU visit.

You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #114 on: May 01, 2018, 10:27:14 AM »
4  Then they looked up and saw that the stone had been rolled away. The stone was very large. 5 They entered the tomb. As they did, they saw a Coach Wojo dressed in a white robe. He was sitting on the right side. They were alarmed.

6 “Don’t be alarmed,” he said. “You are looking for Joseph the Quebecor, who was here. But he has transferred! He is not here! See the place where they had put him. 7 Go! Tell the Marquette Nation, ‘He is going ahead of you into Milwaukee. There you will see him. It will be just as he told you.’ ”

Amen.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #115 on: May 01, 2018, 10:37:23 AM »
4  Then they looked up and saw that the stone had been rolled away. The stone was very large. 5 They entered the tomb. As they did, they saw a Coach Wojo dressed in a white robe. He was sitting on the right side. They were alarmed.

6 “Don’t be alarmed,” he said. “You are looking for Joseph the Quebecor, who was here. But he has transferred! He is not here! See the place where they had put him. 7 Go! Tell the Marquette Nation, ‘He is going ahead of you into Milwaukee. There you will see him. It will be just as he told you.’ ”

Amen.

That's not half bad.  I particularly liked Joseph the Quebecor reference.

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #116 on: May 01, 2018, 11:18:46 AM »

Amen.

This is the word of The Sultan.  Amen.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #117 on: May 01, 2018, 11:27:59 AM »
Char-tou-ny ... Char-tou-ny ...

We're counting on you to help our D.

Char-tou-ny ... Superstar ...

Thoughts and prayers so you take us far.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #118 on: May 01, 2018, 11:37:16 AM »
Char-tou-ny ... Char-tou-ny ...

We're counting on you to help our D.

Char-tou-ny ... Superstar ...

Thoughts and prayers so you take us far.

Well done
TAMU

DCHoopster

• Team Captain
« Reply #119 on: May 01, 2018, 01:46:21 PM »
Superstar doubt it, if he was, he would be in the NBA draft.  Just want him to be solid with ball, beat a press, and maybe he can lead with example and it will rub
off on the others to play D.  I do have one concern with any 5 year player, is what is his agenda?  A transfer like Koby, can buy into the system.  He will have one
year to learn what Wojo wants out of him, 5th year player may or may not buy in.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #120 on: May 01, 2018, 01:51:53 PM »
Superstar doubt it, if he was, he would be in the NBA draft.  Just want him to be solid with ball, beat a press, and maybe he can lead with example and it will rub
off on the others to play D.  I do have one concern with any 5 year player, is what is his agenda?  A transfer like Koby, can buy into the system.  He will have one
year to learn what Wojo wants out of him, 5th year player may or may not buy in.

We've had three grad transfers in recent memory and none of them have been a problem.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #121 on: May 01, 2018, 01:55:42 PM »

We've had three grad transfers in recent memory and none of them have been a problem.

Yep.

Wasn't really calling him a superstar. Just singin'.

DCHoopster

• Team Captain
« Reply #122 on: May 01, 2018, 02:08:19 PM »

Different when you have the ball in your hands the whole time.  The point guard in college sets the tempo of the team, we will see. 

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #123 on: May 01, 2018, 02:37:31 PM »

Amen.

This Really is a Full Service Site.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

MU82

• All American
« Reply #124 on: May 01, 2018, 03:17:57 PM »
Different when you have the ball in your hands the whole time.  The point guard in college sets the tempo of the team, we will see.

Still don't see why that would translate into some kind of "agenda."

feedback