[Today at 09:44:26 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[June 17, 2024, 08:36:32 PM]

Miletic Commits by Pakuni
[June 17, 2024, 04:37:03 PM]

Lakers Going After Hurley by The Equalizer
[June 17, 2024, 12:55:56 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Froling Gone  (Read 34003 times)

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
Froling Gone
« on: March 23, 2018, 03:45:26 PM »
Ben Steele just tweeted he won't return. 

Not really surprising. 

https://twitter.com/BenSteeleMJS/status/977283994508255232
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 03:48:20 PM by Vander Blue Man Group »

skianth16

• All American
Re: Froling Gone
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2018, 03:47:50 PM »
More room for another PG. Good luck to Harry. Go make some money.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 03:59:33 PM by skianth16 »

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2018, 03:48:04 PM »
Crystal clear that it had not worked out; good to end the speculation, wish him well and use the scholly

zcg2013

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2018, 03:50:19 PM »
My guess is he goes pro in Australia. Best of luck to him.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2018, 03:50:45 PM »
Rather it happen sooner than later. More time to get after the transfer market

Best of luck to you in your future Harry, sorry that it didn't work out.
I'll stick with my opinion on Gold.  He'll be in foul trouble within the first eight minutes.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2018, 03:52:52 PM »
Well... This was a fast name.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2018, 03:53:12 PM »
Would've been better off doing a year and a half season to get into tip top shape and wait till held had graduated. There'd be minutes, he'd have age and acclimated to our system. Oh well good luck to him
Maigh Eo for Sam

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2018, 03:54:44 PM »
My guess is he goes pro in Australia. Best of luck to him.

Yes, and good to know early.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2018, 04:00:00 PM »
Hope he finishes off the semester so as  to not eff up our APR
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 04:09:59 PM by Jay Bee »
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

D'Lo Brown

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2018, 04:00:52 PM »
Good for him. He has helped his stock while at MU, when it comes to his future professional career in Australia. I'm sure there are multiple suitors for Harry's services.

Since he wasn't going to play much, the longer he stayed in school, the less he would have been able to rake in. Better to get out while the getting's good. Makes perfect sense from his perspective.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 04:02:35 PM by yetipro »

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2018, 04:01:27 PM »
Would've been better off doing a year and a half season to get into tip top shape and wait till held had graduated. There'd be minutes, he'd have age and acclimated to our system. Oh well good luck to him

I think he saw the writing on the wall in terms of minutes. Lots of new, big bodies ready to contribute next year.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2018, 04:02:13 PM »
Good for him. He has helped his stock while at MU, when it comes to his future professional career in Australia. I'm sure there are multiple suitors for Harry's services.

You might need to clarify that one. I don't follow.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2018, 04:05:53 PM »
Hope he finishes off the semester somas to not eff up our APR
Yup.

D'Lo Brown

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2018, 04:07:35 PM »
You might need to clarify that one. I don't follow.

His upside is clearly higher than it was when he was 50 pounds heavier, or whatever. All the stories have been that he has absolutely worked his butt off and is developing multiple aspects of his game. I also have to imagine playing for a high major American college team will be a feather in his cap when it comes to Australian basketball. Others may know more about Australian basketball but I have to imagine he's a great prospect for that kind of league.

When it comes to his production, it didn't work out this year, but he's way better off having learned all the lessons and gotten the high level coaching and experience.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2018, 04:10:26 PM »
I think he saw the writing on the wall in terms of minutes. Lots of new, big bodies ready to contribute next year.

I don't doubt that. That's why I said he shouldve redshirted next year. It'd be him and Theo at center and he'd have a year and a half to develop his game, get acclimated to our system etc. none of Joey Morrow or bailey are going to step in at center.
Maigh Eo for Sam

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2018, 04:11:49 PM »
The Aussie Niv Berkowitz

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2018, 04:14:15 PM »
Look, we all know the Froling experiment was a total disaster from a basketball standpoint and that speaks volumes to Wojo's judge and development of talent. Save that for a thread of its own.
What struck me, however, was his compassion and consoling of Rowsey on the bench. I'm certain y'all remember Froling putting his arm around Andrew's shoulder at a very emotional time. Don't know if I would have similar nads in that situation knowing I'm past history. HF showed me something that evening that exuded class and maturity and I admire him for having done so.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 04:27:05 PM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

WindyCityGoldenEagle

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2018, 04:15:57 PM »
Wojo probably forced Harry to leave so he could continue his “we are young” comments.

I kid, I kid.

Best of luck to harry.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2018, 04:16:01 PM »
Look, we all know the Froling experiment was a total disaster from a basketball standpoint and that speaks volumnes to Wojo's judge and development of talent. Save that for a thread of its own.
What struck me, however, was his compassion and consoling of Rowsey on the bench. I'm certain y'all remember Froling putting his arm around Andrew's shoulder at a very emotional time. Don't know if I would have similar nads in that situation knowing I'm past history. HF showed me something that evening that exuded class and maturity and I admire him for having done so.

I got a hug for you any time, kin.  Not a Dr Blackheart hug that lands you with an ankle monitor, but a bro hug. 

spartan3186

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2018, 04:17:32 PM »
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Guess I was a little early.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2018, 04:18:02 PM »
His upside is clearly higher than it was when he was 50 pounds heavier, or whatever. All the stories have been that he has absolutely worked his butt off and is developing multiple aspects of his game. I also have to imagine playing for a high major American college team will be a feather in his cap when it comes to Australian basketball. Others may know more about Australian basketball but I have to imagine he's a great prospect for that kind of league.

When it comes to his production, it didn't work out this year, but he's way better off having learned all the lessons and gotten the high level coaching and experience.

I can see how being in better shape makes him a better prospect. That part makes sense. As far as him being a great prospect just because he spent a year at MU, remember, this is still pro basketball. He's not going to be all that unique for having spent some time in the states. I think there are a few guys that were pretty solid college players in Australia now and even a few guys that spent some time in the NBA. He's going to have to work to earn a spot on a roster for sure.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2018, 04:18:20 PM »
I got a hug for you any time, kin.  Not a Dr Blackheart hug that lands you with an ankle monitor, but a bro hug.

Dude, you are on. Anytime you're in the big city, man, look me up.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2018, 04:23:43 PM »

Wrong.... bad fit , low work rate, zero toughness.  Looked like tarzan played like Jane.  lasted 1 semester at two different D1 programs in the US.  Lacks the motor  and toughness to play at this level.  Low D1 kid or low foreign league. Worth the try by the staff sonetimes it just doesnt work out. Hard to tell before ur with a kid like that every day.  U want to give a 7 footer every chance.  But when its clear tgat dog wont hunt you end it.  Best thing fir MU anyway didnt need a 5 that would never play for two more years. 
Hoping for two transfers!!!
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2018, 04:24:10 PM »
Late Friday afternoon news is always negative...

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2018, 04:26:04 PM »
Wrong.... bad fit , low work rate, zero toughness.  Looked like tarzan played like Jane.  lasted 1 semester at two different D1 programs in the US.  Lacks the motor  and toughness to play at this level.  Low D1 kid or low foreign league. Worth the try by the staff sonetimes it just doesnt work out. Hard to tell before ur with a kid like that every day.  U want to give a 7 footer every chance.  But when its clear tgat dog wont hunt you end it.  Best thing fir MU anyway didnt need a 5 that would never play for two more years. 
Hoping for two transfers!!!

Unless you can prove that somehow he wouldn't have been a serviceable big man after working out for a year and a half you can't say "wrong" what you mean is "I disagree"
Maigh Eo for Sam

feedback