[Today at 04:49:35 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Shooter McGavin
[June 14, 2024, 11:05:04 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by mug644
[June 14, 2024, 11:02:51 PM]

2024-25 Roster by El Guerrero 2
[June 14, 2024, 10:37:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Froling Gone  (Read 33957 times)

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
Re: Froling Gone
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2018, 04:27:53 PM »
I got a hug for you any time, kin.  Not a Dr Blackheart hug that lands you with an ankle monitor, but a bro hug.

BeeJay told me cow tipping was legal in WI.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2018, 04:32:16 PM »
Anyone that wants to put any of this on Wojo is clueless.  Froling was a skilled 6’11” big.  A top 75 recruit who signed with Larry Brown when he had SMU playing some great ball.  U see the size and  u see the skill, its clear why many many schools wanted him and were willing to take the chance that he coukd be a high major contributor.  This isnt a time to knock evaluations or coaches for taking a chance on a kid.  This is on Harry, ton of skill but the kid just didnt have it.  Worth tge try but when its clear there is no place, its time to move on. 
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Boozemon Barro

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2018, 04:34:31 PM »
I doubt he would have been back even if he wanted to be. I'm happy Wojo isn't afraid to cut dead weight.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2018, 04:36:42 PM »
Unless you can prove that somehow he wouldn't have been a serviceable big man after working out for a year and a half you can't say "wrong" what you mean is "I disagree"

Nope i mean  wrong.  It was clear to most that Harry froling would never be more than about 11th man at best at MU. I dont care if he was here 6 years.  Kid didnt have it.  Cam marotta could get 6 phds and still wouldnt contribute to the team.  If cam was 6’11” and skilled coaches would be willing to give him a chance too 
And this aint a kick him on the way out.  Im sure hes a nice fellow and its clear his teammates liked him.  But ive said this since about 2-3 games.  His toughness, Effort, work rate, motor, etc were really no where near D1. Classic looks lije tarzan plays like jane, when ur 6’11” u get more chances than others
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 04:42:06 PM by Mr. Sand-Knit »
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2018, 04:46:17 PM »
Best of luck to Mr. Froling. He didn't find what he was looking for here. I hope he finds it at his next stop
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Tha Hound

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2018, 04:47:18 PM »
Anyone that wants to put any of this on Wojo is clueless.  Froling was a skilled 6’11” big.  A top 75 recruit who signed with Larry Brown when he had SMU playing some great ball.  U see the size and  u see the skill, its clear why many many schools wanted him and were willing to take the chance that he coukd be a high major contributor.  This isnt a time to knock evaluations or coaches for taking a chance on a kid.  This is on Harry, ton of skill but the kid just didnt have it.  Worth tge try but when its clear there is no place, its time to move on.

Shockingly rational post considering who drafted it.

cheese ball chaser

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2018, 05:01:13 PM »

I agree that Froling didn't have it, but the staff/Wojo has to at least be somewhat accountable.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2018, 05:03:01 PM »
none of Joey Morrow or bailey are going to step in at center.

Careful.......
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2018, 05:04:27 PM »
I agree that Froling didn't have it, but the staff/Wojo has to at least be somewhat accountable.

Of course they are. But you can't teach height.  It's not like this was like that guy from 5-6 years ago that Buzz gave a season to.  What was his name?

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2018, 05:06:17 PM »
Hope he finishes off the semester so as  to not eff up our APR

You mean hope we don't get #Kostas'd

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2018, 05:08:56 PM »
Careful.......

Morrow's a banger, Joey could be a stretch 5 in a pinch

#wegotthis

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2018, 05:10:41 PM »
Nope i mean  wrong.  It was clear to most that Harry froling would never be more than about 11th man at best at MU. I dont care if he was here 6 years.  Kid didnt have it.  Cam marotta could get 6 phds and still wouldnt contribute to the team.  If cam was 6’11” and skilled coaches would be willing to give him a chance too 
And this aint a kick him on the way out.  Im sure hes a nice fellow and its clear his teammates liked him.  But ive said this since about 2-3 games.  His toughness, Effort, work rate, motor, etc were really no where near D1. Classic looks lije tarzan plays like jane, when ur 6’11” u get more chances than others

Still very much opinion.
Maigh Eo for Sam

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2018, 05:17:15 PM »
Sand Knit is right. I’ve seen “project bigs” before. Matt Heldt is a project who has progressed nicely. Way different than Harry.

source?

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2018, 05:18:46 PM »
Sorry to see him go but it's probably best for both parties. Good luck in all future endeavors.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2018, 05:19:48 PM »
Morrow's a banger, Joey could be a stretch 5 in a pinch

#wegotthis

Between Matty and Theo, plus with Morrow certainly able to play there, we've got the #5 solidly covered without Harry.  Add in a little Joey in the same role that Sam played this year and it's more than enough.  Harry knew it and so did everyone else.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2018, 05:21:05 PM »
Let me say this though.  All indications are that Harry worked hard, did what he was told, and was a good teammate.  We all wish him future success.  #mubb

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2018, 05:23:03 PM »
Let me say this though.  All indications are that Harry worked hard, did what he was told, and was a good teammate.  We all wish him future success.  #mubb

Here!  Here!
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2018, 05:35:21 PM »
Waiting for the Dude that he was a difference maker to speak up about Harry.

Crickets.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2018, 05:36:23 PM »
BeeJay told me cow tipping was legal in WI.

gotta push from the side, not the back.  I know that's the Minnesota way, but they do weird ish up there.  Pants around the ankles doesn't give you more leverage either.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2018, 05:45:17 PM »
Waiting for the Dude that he was a difference maker to speak up about Harry.

Crickets.

I don't think I was the one who said difference maker, but I had much higher expectations for Harry. I thought he would be our starting center. I was wrong.

Satisfied?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2018, 05:45:41 PM »
Look, we all know the Froling experiment was a total disaster from a basketball standpoint and that speaks volumes to Wojo's judge and development of talent. Save that for a thread of its own.
What struck me, however, was his compassion and consoling of Rowsey on the bench. I'm certain y'all remember Froling putting his arm around Andrew's shoulder at a very emotional time. Don't know if I would have similar nads in that situation knowing I'm past history. HF showed me something that evening that exuded class and maturity and I admire him for having done so.

Hot take alert

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2018, 05:53:52 PM »
Look, we all know the Froling experiment was a total disaster from a basketball standpoint and that speaks volumes to Wojo's judge and development of talent. Save that for a thread of its own.
What struck me, however, was his compassion and consoling of Rowsey on the bench. I'm certain y'all remember Froling putting his arm around Andrew's shoulder at a very emotional time. Don't know if I would have similar nads in that situation knowing I'm past history. HF showed me something that evening that exuded class and maturity and I admire him for having done so.
[/quot

Totally agree. More class than the sh##heads at Kentucky who didn’t bother to shake hands after losing.

frozena pizza

• All American
« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2018, 05:58:37 PM »
Honestly I think one of the biggest factors working against Harry was the midseason transfer.  You don't have time to log minutes and prove yourself against cupcakes and Wojo rightly was not interested in experimenting in a one possession game at Providence or Seton Hall.  Knew this was probably coming but I still wish he had stayed as I think he never really got comfortable.  Now go get someone good to fill the spot!

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2018, 06:09:33 PM »
This is big time college basketball.  The value of that scholarship changed the moment Hanni left. Not saying Wojo pulled it at all. But we need a guard badly and that wasn't the case at Thanksgiving.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2018, 06:34:03 PM »

Now the intrigue :  What DO we do with TWO?

Plan A  Best case scenario.
 Plan B
 Plan C
 Plan D
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

feedback