[Today at 03:52:54 PM]

Marquette Football Update by TallTitan34
[Today at 09:41:46 AM]

NM by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by DFW HOYA
[Today at 08:41:22 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Tickets  (Read 30060 times)

mugoose

• Team Captain
Re: Tickets
« Reply #75 on: March 12, 2018, 03:33:24 PM »
Stub Hub has 4 in GA5 for $25 ea. SO there you have it.

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #76 on: March 12, 2018, 03:34:10 PM »
Guess I'm SOL.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 12:18:55 AM by 94Warrior »

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #77 on: March 12, 2018, 03:34:35 PM »
I do feel bad for the ticket office. Just remember if you do call to be put on the waitlist It's not their fault someone in the administration made that head scratching decision.

Had to remind myself that a couple of times before someone picked up the phone.

Warrior1969

• Team Captain
« Reply #78 on: March 12, 2018, 03:38:31 PM »
I think the general admission is annoying  Why can they not all be reserved??  It will be hard enough to leave work, pick up my kids and get there by 6. 

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #79 on: March 12, 2018, 03:39:04 PM »
I think the general admission is annoying  Why can they not all be reserved??  It will be hard enough to leave work, pick up my kids and get there by 6.

The way its always been at the Al.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #80 on: March 12, 2018, 03:39:43 PM »
Stub Hub has 4 in GA5 for $25 ea. SO there you have it.

I wish they were able to do something vs the scalpers. At least should have limited it to the # of season tickets you own. Then at 4 allow people to buy more.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #81 on: March 12, 2018, 03:42:30 PM »
The way its always been at the Al.

In looking at the seating chart, Section 110 is GA.  For the Alabama A&M game, those were reserved seats.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #82 on: March 12, 2018, 03:55:42 PM »
I'm fine with STH's scalping to brokers for regular season games or anything at the BC.  Not for post-season or anything at the Al, however.  At most, you should only be able to buy as many seats as you had season tickets on the year.  Sweater Vest Wilbur and his wife Gretel shouldn't be able to buy 8 tickets for all their "friends and well-wishers" if they only had 2 tickets on the year... I don't care if they were sitting in Section 200, courtside, or on Joey's lap.  What high-$ donor is going to be pissed that he/she couldn't get 8 tickets when they only had 2 season tickets?

Complete shiite that they're sold out at 3:01p

Gretel and I only bought two.  We have a few friends, but can't say we have any well wishers. 
Ludum habemus.

MUBBau

• Team Captain
« Reply #83 on: March 12, 2018, 04:07:22 PM »

cheese ball chaser

• All American
« Reply #84 on: March 12, 2018, 04:13:44 PM »
Sold out? Seriously????

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #85 on: March 12, 2018, 04:16:06 PM »
I can't imagine that someone who shells out 5 figures for season tickets every season is going to bother loading up on extra NIT tickets so that he can score a $50 profit on Stubhub. My guess is that those of you who blame that for the early sellout are wrong.

And if they bought a couple extra to take a grandkid or friend, more power to them. That's a pretty minor perk in my book. Why shouldn't a strong, consistent supporter be able to do that?
Have some patience, FFS.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #86 on: March 12, 2018, 04:22:47 PM »
And if they bought a couple extra to take a grandkid or friend, more power to them. That's a pretty minor perk in my book. Why shouldn't a strong, consistent supporter be able to do that?

They're already getting first crack at them. With reduced capacity I think there should have been a 4 per account limit.

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #87 on: March 12, 2018, 04:24:49 PM »
Gretel and I only bought two.  We have a few friends, but can't say we have any well wishers.

Thanks for not piling on, Sir Wilbur.
I wish you well at the game on Wednesday.
Hint hint.
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #88 on: March 12, 2018, 04:25:15 PM »
To the ADept's credit, at least they turned off the "Resale" function on the GoMarquette account pages.  Can only print and transfer tickets.

I can't imagine that someone who shells out 5 figures for season tickets every season is going to bother loading up on extra NIT tickets so that he can score a $50 profit on Stubhub. My guess is that those of you who blame that for the early sellout are wrong.

I don't know that it was specifically to re-post the tickets on the secondary market, but if the tickets are $10/$25 a piece and you're used to paying around $50 each, a consumer - especially a deep-pocketed but cheap-at-heart sweater vest - is going to be more inclined to buy a surplus amount of tickets, even if he/she has no clear plan in mind for the extras (i.e. buy them now, figure out what to do with them later).  The very limited window to buy tickets (FOMO) would also influence this.

In other words, for every 1 person who bought intending to resell for profit, there were probably 25 people buying extras with no clear intent for them.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 04:27:09 PM by Benny B »
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Warrior of Law

• All American
« Reply #89 on: March 12, 2018, 04:26:10 PM »
Pretty sure they just did exactly that...

https://www.stubhub.com/marquette-golden-eagles-basketball-tickets-marquette-golden-eagles-basketball-milwaukee-bmo-harris-bradley-center-3-14-2018/event/103511868/?sort=price+asc

"You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free."  Clarence Darrow

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #90 on: March 12, 2018, 04:27:43 PM »
They're already getting first crack at them. With reduced capacity I think there should have been a 4 per account limit.

Maybe they read all the posts on Scoop about how no one was going to show up for the game, and that even being in the NIT is a disgrace, and figured they should sell as many as they could while they had the opportunity.
Have some patience, FFS.

warriorchick

• All American
Have some patience, FFS.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #92 on: March 12, 2018, 04:32:07 PM »
Maybe they read all the posts on Scoop about how no one was going to show up for the game, and that even being in the NIT is a disgrace, and figured they should sell as many as they could while they had the opportunity.

Good point. The lack of an Arby's voucher was almost a dealbreaker for me.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #93 on: March 12, 2018, 04:32:35 PM »

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #94 on: March 12, 2018, 04:34:09 PM »

Wojo wanted only the "real fans" to show up.

As to the 8, they limited the A&M game and no one bought.  They should have limited the Harvard game to 4 in retrospect but you can't blame them with the students off.  They also should upped the price though to control the supply.

That said, I grabbed six.  I should have grabbed 8 and sold them to one of you wonks for $75 each plus my seat donation.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #95 on: March 12, 2018, 04:38:12 PM »
$60 for a single ticket is a ridiculous asking price. No way are they getting anything close to that.

I would bet they we will sell it for $60. Seems to be plenty of demand, and not enough supply...

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #96 on: March 12, 2018, 04:39:24 PM »
Did you even look at the listing? There is one ticket for sale.

And it's a GA seat.  The people shelling out 5 figures for season tix probably got in early enough to get reserved lowers.

If we see any reserved lowers on StubHub, that would be annoying.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #97 on: March 12, 2018, 04:40:49 PM »
Did you even look at the listing? There is one ticket for sale.

There was 20.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #98 on: March 12, 2018, 04:43:09 PM »
StubHub also shows Bradley center... folks buying there might be surprised.

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #99 on: March 12, 2018, 04:45:07 PM »
Some local Haavaad alum will probably be willing to pay $60.  Although they probably could not be baathed to sit with the unwashed in "general admission". 

Use the voice of the late David Ogden Stiers aka Charles Emerson Winchester III when reading..."A Haavaad man does not sit in general admission"

feedback