[April 29, 2024, 08:11:30 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by GoldenEagles03
[April 29, 2024, 12:21:14 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Spotcheck Billy
[April 29, 2024, 11:11:22 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 29, 2024, 11:00:09 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: New Arena Ticket Update  (Read 192925 times)

TheGym

• Starter
Re: New Arena Ticket Update
« Reply #425 on: July 25, 2018, 07:54:06 AM »
Just looked at the seating this morning and I pick this evening.  There are a lot of seat in the premium section still available.  I am a little worried they will not sell out those sections.  If the premium seats don't sell then what does that do for the economics of the program?

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #426 on: July 25, 2018, 07:56:35 AM »
Just looked at the seating this morning and I pick this evening.  There are a lot of seat in the premium section still available.  I am a little worried they will not sell out those sections.  If the premium seats don't sell then what does that do for the economics of the program?

They might go after business groups to buy those seats. Or left overs from the Bucks who didn't go that direction.

Weird enough looking at the map the biggest glops that are open for premium seatings are only two sections in 107 & 116.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 08:05:43 AM by Mr. Nielsen »
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

DienerTime34

• All American
« Reply #427 on: July 25, 2018, 09:21:37 AM »
They might go after business groups to buy those seats. Or left overs from the Bucks who didn't go that direction.

Weird enough looking at the map the biggest glops that are open for premium seatings are only two sections in 107 & 116.

Do people not think 107 & 116 are a good value? It's truly remarkable that those sections are virtually untouched so far this late in the process. Lots of "worse" seats have been selected already.

TVDirector

• All American
« Reply #428 on: July 25, 2018, 09:58:26 AM »
I've been in lower for years-
but a comp seat 5 rows back is no longer available (end zone), and the ones nearby are nearly 2x price.

while the kids loved slapping player hands in the tunnel, we'll more than likely be moving up town, hopefully in the first couple rows of the center sections.

hard to really visualize even with the 3d and so forth- would have been quite nice to have a reseat event there close to actually choosing.

my time is tomorrow- we'll see how it goes

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #429 on: July 25, 2018, 10:11:11 AM »
Do people not think 107 & 116 are a good value? It's truly remarkable that those sections are virtually untouched so far this late in the process. Lots of "worse" seats have been selected already.

For the money, those seats at the BC were meh.  That's the frame of reference unfortunately as there has been no public viewing.  I have a feeling MU Guru is going to get squeezed back up on top.  These sections  will fill in though, but with holes to be filled in by opposing fans (which is one of the worst things in these sections).

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #430 on: July 25, 2018, 10:34:31 AM »
No public viewing for MU yet if you call the Bucks ticket office and say you're interested in season tickets, you'll get a personal tour within hours.  Seriously.

The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #431 on: July 25, 2018, 11:20:25 AM »
No public viewing for MU yet if you call the Bucks ticket office and say you're interested in season tickets, you'll get a personal tour within hours.  Seriously.
Month ago you had to put a deposit down.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

DienerTime34

• All American
« Reply #432 on: July 25, 2018, 11:51:33 AM »

To say the MU administration & the Bucks leadership do not see eye-to-eye would be an understatement  :o

muguru

• All American
« Reply #433 on: July 25, 2018, 11:59:49 AM »
For the money, those seats at the BC were meh.  That's the frame of reference unfortunately as there has been no public viewing.  I have a feeling MU Guru is going to get squeezed back up on top.  These sections  will fill in though, but with holes to be filled in by opposing fans (which is one of the worst things in these sections).

I have always been in the uppers, but I just worry I won't get what I want because of so many lowers moving up...by the way, do you know, or does anyone else know how many seats per row in the upper deck?? It's 22 isn't it??
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #434 on: July 25, 2018, 12:02:02 PM »
To say the MU administration & the Bucks leadership do not see eye-to-eye would be an understatement  :o
If the Bucks give the tour and someone gets hurt, the lawsuit is on the Bucks.
-Bill Walton

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #435 on: July 25, 2018, 12:21:19 PM »

And people were surprised when I said the Bucks/MU relationship was "strained" a couple of months ago.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #436 on: July 25, 2018, 12:22:41 PM »
If the Bucks give the tour and someone gets hurt, the lawsuit is on the Bucks.

That's an excuse, Bucks have that covered in their LOL with MU
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

DienerTime34

• All American
« Reply #437 on: July 25, 2018, 12:27:26 PM »
That's an excuse, Bucks have that covered in their LOL with MU

You can buy insurance coverage for that for like $100.

DienerTime34

• All American
« Reply #438 on: July 25, 2018, 12:29:08 PM »
And people were surprised when I said the Bucks/MU relationship was "strained" a couple of months ago.

For how much we debate every tiny detail about the program, I'm amazed the fact that President Lovell mentioned they are looking into building a basketball arena warranted about 3 total posts here.

Here's the quote:
“We have about 11 acres. Whether that’s soccer, a new arena for basketball in the future, lacrosse, we now have an opportunity to master plan and use that property,” (Lovell) said. “We’re taking our time to figure out what’s next. We have the ability to dream because we have the space.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 12:31:16 PM by DienerTime34 »

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #439 on: July 25, 2018, 12:41:34 PM »
As of last week you didn't have to put a deposit down with the Bucks.  Call in the morning and be inside the arena by the same afternoon. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #440 on: July 25, 2018, 01:39:06 PM »
As of last week you didn't have to put a deposit down with the Bucks.  Call in the morning and be inside the arena by the same afternoon.

The Bucks out of town owners might just be finding out how cheap people from WI are, aina?

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #441 on: July 25, 2018, 01:39:50 PM »
For how much we debate every tiny detail about the program, I'm amazed the fact that President Lovell mentioned they are looking into building a basketball arena warranted about 3 total posts here.

Here's the quote:
“We have about 11 acres. Whether that’s soccer, a new arena for basketball in the future, lacrosse, we now have an opportunity to master plan and use that property,” (Lovell) said. “We’re taking our time to figure out what’s next. We have the ability to dream because we have the space.

Because it's just saber rattling.
Have some patience, FFS.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #442 on: July 25, 2018, 02:06:08 PM »

Here's the quote:

Words are cheap and Lovell/MU are going to be continually low key mentioning this to try and generate some sort of leverage with the Bucks owners.

If the owners had souls maybe it would work, but alas...

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #443 on: July 25, 2018, 02:12:30 PM »
Words are cheap and Lovell/MU are going to be continually low key mentioning this to try and generate some sort of leverage with the Bucks owners.

If the owners had souls maybe it would work, but alas...

IDK if it's bad for the taxpayers but I have to say that I'm thrilled that the hedge fund boys have seemingly so pissed off potential partners that it appears nobody will even talk to them these days about naming rights.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #444 on: July 25, 2018, 03:18:27 PM »
IDK if it's bad for the taxpayers but I have to say that I'm thrilled that the hedge fund boys have seemingly so pissed off potential partners that it appears nobody will even talk to them these days about naming rights.

Turns out relationship management is an absolutely critical part of business engagement.

I have it on good authority that Foxconn execs essentially told Peter Feigin to f' off

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #445 on: July 25, 2018, 03:41:18 PM »
Just finished reseating, lots of inventory left, good inventory, lower and upper. At the Bradley Center, I sat in the little truncated section near the MU bench and exercise bike for years, but all those mini-sections are taken. Moved one section closer to center but up. I’m sure all the seats are going to be pretty solid.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #446 on: July 25, 2018, 03:57:38 PM »
Turns out relationship management is an absolutely critical part of business engagement.

I have it on good authority that Foxconn execs essentially told Peter Feigin to f' off

Yep.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #447 on: July 25, 2018, 08:12:36 PM »

Here's the quote:

Pretty sure Dr. Lovell wasant countin' on pissin' off Ma and Pa ,doe, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #448 on: July 25, 2018, 09:04:24 PM »

There’s a reason why my partners - when we do business on either coast - do business almost exclusively with Midwesterners who happen to live on the coasts.   
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #449 on: July 25, 2018, 09:47:07 PM »

Johnsonville also.

feedback