[April 29, 2024, 08:11:30 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by GoldenEagles03
[April 29, 2024, 12:21:14 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Spotcheck Billy
[April 29, 2024, 11:11:22 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 29, 2024, 11:00:09 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: New Arena Ticket Update  (Read 192926 times)

bilsu

• All American
Re: New Arena Ticket Update
« Reply #450 on: July 26, 2018, 01:28:58 AM »
Just looked at the seating this morning and I pick this evening.  There are a lot of seat in the premium section still available.  I am a little worried they will not sell out those sections.  If the premium seats don't sell then what does that do for the economics of the program?
In the old arena outside of the first three rows the lower side court sections were all the same price. MU decided to stagger the prices. Why did they think somebody would want to pay $2,250 to sit in row 8, when they could sit in row 9 for $1,620? Why did they think somebody would pay $1,620 to sit in row 16, when they could pay $1,100 to sit in row 17? They also decided to charge extra for aisle seats. They failed to recognize that older people, who could afford to pay more would rather sit in the seats that did not result in them walking up and down stairs. They totally mispriced the lower section. Marketing that the view from all seats will be much better in the new arena just encourages people to select lower price seats.

TVDirector

• All American
« Reply #451 on: July 26, 2018, 06:23:53 AM »
Any advantages in doing seat selection at the Al?
More pix or video from the seats, more info available or any other reason to head over there vs online?

TIA

ChuckyChip

• Team Captain
« Reply #452 on: July 26, 2018, 07:14:32 AM »
Any advantages in doing seat selection at the Al?
More pix or video from the seats, more info available or any other reason to head over there vs online?

Free cookies and beverages!

And the possibility of players and\or coaching staff hanging around (Ed Morrow stopped by to say hello while I was waiting last week).  Otherwise, no real advantage to doing it in person.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #453 on: July 26, 2018, 08:30:34 AM »
MU decided to stagger the prices. Why did they think somebody would want to pay $2,250 to sit in row 8, when they could sit in row 9 for $1,620? Why did they think somebody would pay $1,620 to sit in row 16, when they could pay $1,100 to sit in row 17? They also decided to charge extra for aisle seats. They failed to recognize that older people, who could afford to pay more would rather sit in the seats that did not result in them walking up and down stairs. They totally mispriced the lower section. Marketing that the view from all seats will be much better in the new arena just encourages people to select lower price seats.
The cut off has to be somewhere. The Bucks model is almost the same. Row 5 is not the same as row 14 or row 23. As for the aisle seats, the masses said they would pay more for aisle seats.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Carl Spackler

• Starter
« Reply #454 on: July 26, 2018, 08:50:23 AM »
The cut off has to be somewhere. The Bucks model is almost the same. Row 5 is not the same as row 14 or row 23. As for the aisle seats, the masses said they would pay more for aisle seats.

has bilsu never been to Miller Park, any live concert at the Marcus Ampth, or literally ANY sporting event/concert/live event anywhere with seats to sell?  of course the row immediately behind the price cut off will fill up first, but at some point you dont want to be 2 sections/rows/whatver over to save $.  there is a reason the front row at anything costs more than the 3d row and certainly much more than row 47.

also, due to annual re-picking - MU will learn from this year and adjust next year.  I am sure they are logging the order of sections/rows/price points/etc and will adjust. 

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #455 on: July 26, 2018, 09:01:50 AM »
has bilsu never been to Miller Park, any live concert at the Marcus Ampth, or literally ANY sporting event/concert/live event anywhere with seats to sell?  of course the row immediately behind the price cut off will fill up first, but at some point you dont want to be 2 sections/rows/whatver over to save $.  there is a reason the front row at anything costs more than the 3d row and certainly much more than row 47.

also, due to annual re-picking - MU will learn from this year and adjust next year.  I am sure they are logging the order of sections/rows/price points/etc and will adjust.

Fans will adjust too. It is good to have choices even within the money sections.  One of my biggest complaints was the discount curves for packs over full season packages.  It was way too steep.  Now with tiering, you have choices.

In addition to the revenue question, MU has a lot more inventory in the lower bowl at higher levels to offset tiering. I am sure it will work out.

DienerTime34

• All American
« Reply #456 on: July 26, 2018, 10:57:07 AM »
As of this morning, you can still buy eight tickets in the SECOND ROW in one of the main sections directly parallel to the floor. So, uh, what's the point of having a lot of priority points anymore?

TheGym

• Starter
« Reply #457 on: July 26, 2018, 11:03:44 AM »
As of this morning, you can still buy eight tickets in the SECOND ROW in one of the main sections directly parallel to the floor. So, uh, what's the point of having a lot of priority points anymore?

Not alot, I was able to get in premium section this year when in past years those would have all been taken.  The problem with the configuration is if you get stuck on the end of the row closer to the basket you might as well just move over one section save yourself $1,300 per ticket.  I moved back a few rows to guarantee I would be closer to the center court side of the row.

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #458 on: July 26, 2018, 11:08:50 AM »

Now, the benefit is you get first selection of the slightly cheaper seats, so having you points saves you money if you're willing to settle for a slightly worse seat.  As someone with a lesser point total, I like this because I have a chance to get much better seats if I'm willing to pay a little more.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #459 on: July 26, 2018, 11:48:26 AM »

Yeah... the scholarship donation on those seats are $3855.  You can save yourself about 3 large by sitting in row 3 (if you have a buttload of points).
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #460 on: July 26, 2018, 11:52:44 AM »
Anyone know if you can decline points on a portion of your scholarship donation to still receive some tax deduction?

e.g. if your total seat donation is $4,000 and you want points only on $500, can you decline the rest and take a $3500 deduction on your taxes?
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #461 on: July 26, 2018, 11:56:29 AM »
Anyone know if you can decline points on a portion of your scholarship donation to still receive some tax deduction?

e.g. if your total seat donation is $4,000 and you want points only on $500, can you decline the rest and take a $3500 deduction on your taxes?

I am not sure about the donations that are tied to seat selection.  I do know you can decline the points on any other donation to Marquette in order to get the deduction instead.
Have some patience, FFS.

NWarsh

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #462 on: July 26, 2018, 01:13:54 PM »
Well no matter where you sit you will be in the Fiserv Forum

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #463 on: July 26, 2018, 01:24:16 PM »
Well no matter where you sit you will be in the Fiserv Forum

Ahem...

fiserv.forum

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #464 on: July 26, 2018, 01:59:11 PM »
Not alot, I was able to get in premium section this year when in past years those would have all been taken.  The problem with the configuration is if you get stuck on the end of the row closer to the basket you might as well just move over one section save yourself $1,300 per ticket.  I moved back a few rows to guarantee I would be closer to the center court side of the row.
Forgive my ignorance, but how does moving back a few rows ‘guarantee’ you will be closer to center court?

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #465 on: July 26, 2018, 03:06:11 PM »
Interesting that .. re-seating is always on a spectrum from happy to sad, satisfied to unsatisfied to meh.  Many upgrade, some downgrade, mostly satisfied, some psyched with their new view.

This year, it all comes down to how much money is burning a hole in your pocket, which means most people are not pleased.

If you are rolling in fat Arby's stacks, you've hit the jackpot.  You barely need points to sit in any premium section you want, because the price is so high it's moved all the yellow vests back.

Everyone else falls into two categories - those paying 20-30-40% more, or those moving backwards.  Neither of those groups are thrilled.

Yay, progress.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #466 on: July 26, 2018, 03:29:44 PM »
What's the deal with getting aisle seats? How's that particular request being dealt with this reseating? I can't see much on the preview m

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #467 on: July 26, 2018, 03:45:22 PM »
What's the deal with getting aisle seats? How's that particular request being dealt with this reseating? I can't see much on the preview m

After you select your tix, and after you check out and once you feel like you're almost done, they give you four prompts to answer about seat location.  You can't miss it.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #468 on: July 26, 2018, 08:01:20 PM »

I was there last Friday. Miller Park is a lot bigger than a basketball arena and where you sit really matters. Several seats at Miller Park distance wise from home plate would not be inside the new basketball arena.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #469 on: July 27, 2018, 10:55:21 AM »
4 hours until I pick

muguru

• All American
« Reply #470 on: July 27, 2018, 11:31:33 AM »
Okay, how would MU handle this situation...you pick a section that requires a seat donation, so you can't pick your exact seats...However, on the initial survey you indicated Aisles were required, and that you are willing to go 6 rows back to accommodate that request. So let's say when all is said and done, the aisle's in the 1st 6 rows are all accounted for...now, I get invoiced and I'm in say aisle 10(the first row with available aisles), that is NOT what I requested on my initial survey, so how do they handle that?? They can't just stick me with seats I don't want can they??
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #471 on: July 27, 2018, 12:00:33 PM »
Okay, how would MU handle this situation...you pick a section that requires a seat donation, so you can't pick your exact seats...However, on the initial survey you indicated Aisles were required, and that you are willing to go 6 rows back to accommodate that request. So let's say when all is said and done, the aisle's in the 1st 6 rows are all accounted for...now, I get invoiced and I'm in say aisle 10(the first row with available aisles), that is NOT what I requested on my initial survey, so how do they handle that?? They can't just stick me with seats I don't want can they??

414-288-4668

Call them. Surprised you're even doing aisles after how terrible it is to have to pay more for that premium seat dude.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #472 on: July 27, 2018, 12:07:35 PM »

Looks like you'll be on the aisle in Row 10.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #473 on: July 27, 2018, 12:27:18 PM »

After you select your seats, you are asked to prioritize what is most important among 4 choices, including being on the aisle and being closest to center court (I don't remember the other two).

Since they don't ask specifically whether you would want to move back to get the aisle, I assume they stick with the row you picked and go from there on your choices.

Sounds to me that if you want to make sure you get an aisle, you should choose a row that has fewer than 4 seats already taken.
Have some patience, FFS.

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #474 on: July 27, 2018, 12:34:05 PM »
I just did my selection and wasn't expecting the additional $160 Service Fee.  I don't remember that from past years.  First, the $125 seats somehow became $132 in the system, and then the service fee made them $172 each.  Oh well, I still think its an good deal for MU tickets.  Anyone know who the service fee goes to?  MU, Bucks or Ticketmaster?

feedback