[Today at 03:21:43 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by WhiteTrash
[Today at 03:15:40 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Jockey
[Today at 03:02:03 PM]

MU Gear by Pepe Sylvia
[Today at 11:45:12 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Not Over Yet  (Read 15191 times)

Class71

• All American
Not Over Yet
« on: February 10, 2018, 09:18:16 PM »
1) So the question is can we get to the Dance?

2) Answer: Yes but forget X, V and B they are in.

3) What needs to be done.

a) Run the table or at least win 4 of 5. We end up 10-8 or 9-9 and end in
         fourth to sixth place .
     b) SH looses to X, SJ, V and B. They end up with 8-10. This assumes SH
          beats P.
     c) Providence looses to the same V, B, X and SJ. They end up 9-9. If they
         loose to SH then P is 8-10 and SH is 9-9.
     D) We beat Creighton twice and V and B beat C once each then C finishes
          9-9. If we loose one to C they are 10-8 and in and we are on the edge.

I think it is very likely that SH and P will either finish 9-9 or 8-10. How C finishes depends us.

The key is can MU win 4-5 of the next games against SJ (1 game), D (1g), G (1g) and C(2g). That is the real issue. Whether we make it to the Dance is largely up to us.

So you say this is not going to happen? Sure that is easy to say but if MU pulls it off what a come back.

⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵

Its DJOver

• All American
Re: Not Over Yet
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 09:21:49 PM »
"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"

Class71

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2018, 09:27:58 PM »
"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"

Gosh and I though it was the Croatians.
⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵

UNC Eagle

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2018, 10:01:49 PM »
If we run the table and 2 BET , we are in for sure. That will be a good body of work. Big East is recognized as one of the top conferences.
UNC Grad MU Fan

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2018, 10:12:03 PM »
Yes—I say this is not going to happen.
People on here said we would go 7-2 a few games back. Since that time we are 1-3. If you lose (or loose) to STJ, its all uphill from here.

Ardmore Mug

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2018, 10:13:55 PM »

Ohhhh   behave yourself ! ! !   not a good quote ! ! !

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2018, 10:14:47 PM »
If we run the table and 2 BET , we are in for sure. That will be a good body of work. Big East is recognized as one of the top conferences.

If we run the table we will already have done enough for the tournament and won't need to win any in the BET.

If we go 4-1 we might have done enough but would like to win the first game just to be safe.

If we go 3-2 we likely need to get to the BET championship....and even that may not be enough.

We are certainly still alive but based on what we've seen since the second half started I'm finding it difficult to believe that we can get it done. I think we end up finishing 3-2 and make the NIT.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2018, 11:30:20 PM »
I'm an optimistic guy but our trend line appears to be

While we are catching our opponents who are going

SJU - en fuego and we get them twice when they're hot.
GT - playing a lot of close games and a big win today
DP - Providence beatdown today
C - playing tremendous (got hosed today) with an all world guard in Foster, and we get them twice

Let's see how Wojo does with our backs against the wall. I'm sure they're a pretty down bunch after today's loss. If he can get them to compete and not throw in the towel at the first hint of adversity next game that would give me hope for the rest of this year.

GoldenZebra

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2018, 01:43:11 AM »
While it looks like things are dire, the team has already faced some tough times and adversity *cough 4 game losing streak* and then they came into SHU and won when SHU also needed a win bad. Albeit they lose to SJU, but they had just knocked off 2 top 5 teams within 2 weeks. Hard to beat a team with that swagger, in their own gym. I have a feeling MU ends up 9-9 and wins a couple in the BET.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2018, 05:01:49 AM »
If we run the table we will already have done enough for the tournament and won't need to win any in the BET.

If we go 4-1 we might have done enough but would like to win the first game just to be safe.

If we go 3-2 we likely need to get to the BET championship....and even that may not be enough.

We are certainly still alive but based on what we've seen since the second half started I'm finding it difficult to believe that we can get it done. I think we end up finishing 3-2 and make the NIT.

The first three paragraphs are correct, the last is probably a fair assessment. Can just end the thread there.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2018, 06:04:52 AM »

fourth to sixth place .
          beats P.

I think it is very likely that SH and P will either finish 9-9 or 8-10. How C finishes depends us.

The key is can MU win 4-5 of the next games against SJ (1 game), D (1g), G (1g) and C(2g). That is the real issue. Whether we make it to the Dance is largely up to us.

So you say this is not going to happen? Sure that is easy to say but if MU pulls it off what a come back.
C'mon man. We are firmly ensconced in 7th place. Mediocrity. 5-0 is not happening, and even if it did, probably would not get us in, unless we won at least 2 more in BEAST tourney. But keep drinking the Wojo wine.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

badgerbldg

• Walk-On
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2018, 07:35:09 AM »
Delusional.  Offense consists of two undersized undisciplined point guards who think they can play like they are 6’4” and Hauser. Rest of team nonexistent. Defense is terrible. Knew we were in trouble early on when I heard a payday game coach say in the huddle these guys think their d*cks will fall off if they play defense. Other than not getting the point guards to play halfway smart, WOJO has gotten the most out of this team of meager talent and experience.

Worse thing that happened Howard was scoring 50+ vs Providence. Since then he thinks he can throw any shot up and it will sink   

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2018, 08:34:30 AM »
I'm savin' myself four Kendall and my weddin' nite, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2018, 08:41:56 AM »

No, it was Monte Cassino, so much for history classes for engineers.

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2018, 08:51:56 AM »

fourth to sixth place .
          beats P.

Agreed, and the BE tournament.  How do we match up against Creighton?   While a lot is in our hands, it is also in Creighton's hands. 

We still have a dilemma, tall and slow or fast and short. 

I would mix it up at every whistle.

Might as well try three tall, one short + 1.  We know what does not work, 2 short and fast and one tall and slow DOES NOT WORK.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2018, 09:11:16 AM »
Something has changed in this team since the Nova game..After that, it has all gone in the tank..It's like that was their Super Bowl, and they just kind of "punted" after that. That being said, as un optimistic as I am, let's remember, Providence was about in the same spot  last year as MU is now, and PC ran of 6 straight to get in..barely, but they got in. The key will be the Creighton game next weekend.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Warrior1969

• Team Captain
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2018, 09:18:39 AM »
C'mon man. We are firmly ensconced in 7th place. Mediocrity. 5-0 is not happening, and even if it did, probably would not get us in, unless we won at least 2 more in BEAST tourney. But keep drinking the Wojo wine.

You think we need 5-0 and TWO games in BET???   You are out of your mind!

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2018, 09:26:08 AM »
Something has changed in this team since the Nova game..After that, it has all gone in the tank..It's like that was their Super Bowl, and they just kind of "punted" after that. That being said, as un optimistic as I am, let's remember, Providence was about in the same spot  last year as MU is now, and PC ran of 6 straight to get in..barely, but they got in. The key will be the Creighton game next weekend.

Not just Providence last season but us too! We had to win our last four in order to get a 10 seed. 3-1 would have put us in Dayton or possibly out. Similar to where we are now. Got it done last season, I'm hoping we can this season.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

connie

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2018, 09:42:17 AM »
Not just Providence last season but us too! We had to win our last four in order to get a 10 seed. 3-1 would have put us in Dayton or possibly out. Similar to where we are now. Got it done last season, I'm hoping we can this season.
While I hope you are correct, I have seen nothing that makes me believe we can go on a long run of victories even against the lower tier, because WE are the lower tier.
"Let's be careful out there."  Phil Esterhaus

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2018, 09:49:36 AM »
4-1 will be enough. I think 9-9 should get us the 6 seed which would avoid playing either SJU at the Garden or DePaul in a possible bad loss in the first round of BET.

I think you have to win @Creighton on Saturday. Theoretically not a must win, but it’s the toughest on the schedule and this teams needs some good fortune.

Not as excuse, but this team was very ill this week. Sam, Markus and Sacar all under the weather, and obviously Theo too. It certainly showed yesterday - but Man, Ponds is good.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2018, 10:22:13 AM »
I'm
Hopeful! And will be bummed if we miss the NCAA's. We should make it, no excuse really.

Having said that, most everyone here predicted a bit of a step back this year.

A bit of a step back from a 10 seed last year is either first four in or NIT.

DCHoopster

• Team Captain
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2018, 10:29:18 AM »
4-1 will be enough. I think 9-9 should get us the 6 seed which would avoid playing either SJU at the Garden or DePaul in a possible bad loss in the first round of BET.

I think you have to win @Creighton on Saturday. Theoretically not a must win, but it’s the toughest on the schedule and this teams needs some good fortune.

Not as excuse, but this team was very ill this week. Sam, Markus and Sacar all under the weather, and obviously Theo too. It certainly showed yesterday - but Man, Ponds is good.

Healthy or not, Ponds killed it.  Even if healthy our guards are not good enough and rotations are not good enough, would MU have stopped him.   Hauser on him
was ridiculous.  But Mullins also isolated Simon on Rowsey, could not stop him.  Bottom line, the coaches needed to recruit a 6'3" or better guard to play D.  Might
have some issues next year unless someone falls in ther lap.  Elliott is just to skinny.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2018, 10:41:07 AM »
You think we need 5-0 and TWO games in BET???   You are out of your mind!

Some people don't pay attention to anything outside of our team and don't understand the context of the resumes around the country.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2018, 11:06:11 AM »

We didn't win our last 4, but we did win 4 of our last 5. Loss @ PC was mixed in there

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2018, 12:32:58 PM »
Sorry. I am not. We won't go 5-0, so when that doesn't happen, we won't know, unless we actually get in. 19-11 likely will not get us in, given the losses. Let's wait and see before the name calling starts.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.