[Today at 12:37:27 PM]

NC State by Sturgeon General Warrior
[Today at 12:34:46 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by Oldgym
[Today at 12:14:42 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by BrewCity83
[Today at 11:26:20 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Why does Harry Froling get so much time?  (Read 12196 times)

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
I'm pretty sure our problems at center are still all because of Luke.

Obsess much?
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MU82

• All American
Obsess much?

Yes, I spend 24 hours a day sitting around thinking about some anonymous interwebs dweeb who complains a lot about 21-year-old young men.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
Re: Why does Harry Froling get so much time?
« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2018, 08:33:55 PM »
I applaud ur honesty
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2018, 08:42:02 PM »
I think we need to be patient with Harry and here's why:
a) he comes from Australia where there is ALMOST ZERO youth basketball instruction available, and even if he's had the best there is, it's nothing like what USA kids will get.
b) Defense - by Australian standards - is non-existant.  One of the few places in the world where they play zone (i.e. no defense) in pickup games!
c) He's basically a freshman based on experience
d) This year's task was to get his body into big east shape.  job done with the weight lost and strength gain.
e) Next year's job is to teach him how to play system O and D. 

I think he's capable of 10 and 10 (and 5 fouls, unfortunately) next year but he needs another good year of off season development. 

As for now, it's good that he's getting some minutes for experience, but he looks like a lost puppy out there.

He's been practicing with college players and coaches for 2 years now. Game time accounts for a very small percentage of total time spent playing basketball for guys at this level. The argument that he's basically a freshman just doesn't make any sense.

And last year, when he wasn't playing, was when he was focused on his body. He lost a ton of weight last year and improved his conditioning. He should have been able to focus on getting better at basketball over the summer and in the first part of this season.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2018, 05:31:15 AM »
When he was in a boot for months.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

wojoswarrior

• Walk-On
« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2018, 10:56:22 AM »
Speaking of Morrow, does anybody know why he hasn't been on the bench with the other 2 redshirts the last three games!

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2018, 10:59:57 AM »
Speaking of Morrow, does anybody know why he hasn't been on the bench with the other 2 redshirts the last three games!

Morrow can't travel with the team as a transfer.  He is ineligible to play.

Theoretically both Joey and Ike could play at any time.

wojoswarrior

• Walk-On
« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2018, 11:03:17 AM »
Thanks for the clarification!

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2018, 11:24:47 AM »

Morrow missed the Providence game with the flu. Heard he ended up at the hospital it was so bad.

I have no idea to what extent the flu has effected our (and others') team but it seems significant. I wonder if any of our players have been playing through the flu. Week off to get healthy could be significant.
TAMU

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2018, 11:41:43 AM »
Morrow missed the Providence game with the flu. Heard he ended up at the hospital it was so bad.

I have no idea to what extent the flu has effected our (and others') team but it seems significant. I wonder if any of our players have been playing through the flu. Week off to get healthy could be significant.

Markus was clearly sick during the SJU game. You could tell just by looking at him. Obviously we know Theo is sick.  MUBB announced before the SHU game that several players were dealing with the flu.

There was a video posted to MUBB twitter of Wojo talking to the guys after the SHU game.  Sam and Sacar were both hacking up a storm during the short video. 

I think most of the team has been sick the last week.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2018, 11:54:48 AM »
Markus was clearly sick during the SJU game. You could tell just by looking at him. Obviously we know Theo is sick.  MUBB announced before the SHU game that several players were dealing with the flu.

There was a video posted to MUBB twitter of Wojo talking to the guys after the SHU game.  Sam and Sacar were both hacking up a storm during the short video. 

I think most of the team has been sick the last week.

The BOT won't be happy at Wojo's inability to run a clean program.  He better bring in a veteran coach who knows the value of hand sanitizer in the offseason.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2018, 01:41:08 PM »
More than 60 children have died this year from the flu, and killing thousands of people per week.

This is not the year to underestimate the flu virus.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2018, 01:51:51 PM »
The BOT won't be happy at Wojo's inability to run a clean program.  He better bring in a veteran coach who knows the value of hand sanitizer in the offseason.

TAMU

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2018, 03:35:04 PM »

Man wouldn’t that be something if that was to blame for these losses? If the flu really has hit the team widespread that can’t be discounted
No Finish Line

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2018, 04:27:07 PM »
So we're finishing the conference schedule 5-0, right?
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2018, 04:37:04 PM »
I think KenPom.com needs a new metric that rates teams on their overall health. Perhaps AdjPP (Adjusted Phlegm Production). Or SNP (Sneezes Per Possession).
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2018, 05:12:29 PM »
Man wouldn’t that be something if that was to blame for these losses? If the flu really has hit the team widespread that can’t be discounted

I'm hoping but not holding my breath. All we know is Theo and Morrow had to be sidelined from team activities for at least a few days....and that during the Seton Hall game "several players were dealing with flu-like symptoms."
TAMU

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #68 on: February 13, 2018, 10:18:56 AM »
He's been practicing with college players and coaches for 2 years now. Game time accounts for a very small percentage of total time spent playing basketball for guys at this level. The argument that he's basically a freshman just doesn't make any sense.

And last year, when he wasn't playing, was when he was focused on his body. He lost a ton of weight last year and improved his conditioning. He should have been able to focus on getting better at basketball over the summer and in the first part of this season.
Big difference between practice and actual playing time at this level. Plus started practicing late with MU because he was in a boot.
Goal is National Championship

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #69 on: February 13, 2018, 10:20:48 AM »
Harry's season now was summed up yesterday,  makes a great head fake, 2 guys go flying by and then misses a one footer.  It seems the coaches have told him
not to shoot, which if they did is wrong.  Not in the flow offensively at all.  It is great he has improved in the weight room, but this off season he needs to work on
all facets of the game.  10/10 doubt it, I really see him as the third or 4th center next year, as the more I watch our centers, Morrow might have to play center, with
Sam and Anim at the forwards, with Joey probably first off the bench.  That is if, Joey's foot heals the right way, and he can start practicing in spring.  I do not see both
Hauser boys starting, to slow afoot.
He transferred from Nebraska because he didn't want to play center, so no.
Goal is National Championship

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #70 on: February 13, 2018, 10:30:03 AM »

He did.  But Morrow is definitely going to see some time in the post.  I don't think he'll be there the majority of the time, but he's going to play some some center.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #71 on: February 13, 2018, 10:42:51 AM »
Big difference between practice and actual playing time at this level.

I whole-heartedly agree. But I think practice is more important. Do you really think the 20-30 minutes of game time a couple times per week is what results in player development? Call me crazy, but I think the 3-5 hours per day, every day, all year long spent at practice, in the weight room, and in the film room are the things that result in guys becoming better basketball players. Game minutes build confidence, but I think that's the primary benefit.

I've said this a number of times, mostly in reference to Harry, but if players developed more from game time than from practice, redshirting players would never happen. Harry is 2 years removed from high school. He has spent 2 years in college-level practices, had 2 years worth of strength and nutrition guidance, and spent 2 years with college-level coaching staffs reviewing film and discussing ways to improve his play. He's a sophomore. 

Is Ike the same as high school seniors now since he hasn't played in a game? Would you consider Cam just a freshman since he doesn't see any game minutes?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #72 on: February 13, 2018, 10:44:23 AM »
What is "play center"?

Unless a team plays a 2-3 or some other zone with a definitive center, there barely is a center position any more.

If Morrow's best matchup is defending the other team's post player, he will do so - just as Sam does now.

Offensively, it really doesn't matter. Jordan posted up all the time; was he a center?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

DCHoopster

• Team Captain
« Reply #73 on: February 13, 2018, 10:52:03 AM »

You play the best 5 players, Jamal McKay transferred from MU because he did not want to play center.  Went to Iowa St., what did he play center.  I see Morrow,
maybe both Hausers in the line-up next year if the centers do not pan out.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #74 on: February 13, 2018, 10:59:20 AM »
Morrow will play the 5 some times. He will play the 4 most of the time. A lot of the time he will play the 4 on defense and the 5 on offense. When he plays the 5, he won't always end up defending the 5 on defense. Notice how Wojo likes to switch on ball screens? You need players like Morrow who can guard multiple positions in order to do that.
TAMU