[April 22, 2024, 08:17:35 PM]

MU Alumni playing in European and Foreign Leagues Thread by mileskishnish72
[April 22, 2024, 04:17:36 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by WeAreMarquette96
[April 22, 2024, 01:49:31 PM]

[Paint Touches] Way-Too-Early roundup of MU rankings by tower912
[April 22, 2024, 01:29:28 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Why does Harry Froling get so much time?  (Read 12306 times)

jsglow

• All American

If he transferred, he would have to sit out a year but would still have two years remaining.

Thanks Sultan.  Makes sense.

willie warrior

• All American
I’ll never forget how excited Wojo was post game the game before Froling was eligible about what he was going to bring to the team. I have no unnatural carnal knowledgeing idea what he was so excited about
Consider the source: Wojo!
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Harry is a player who will do well against the cupcakes and  will be challenged against the more physical and athletic teams. He has a very good nose for rebounds and occasionally makes some quality passes. Right now he is 1/3 of our center lineup. We are making the best use of his talents.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

tower912

• All American
Harry played good defense against Delgado.    Like Matt, like Luke, he struggles do defend in space.    Right now, his confidence on the offensive end is shot.    But 10 days ago, everyone was down on Theo.   4 days ago, everyone was down on Matt.    SJU did not play a true big.    They played a shot blocking skinny 4.    They got MU to switch.    Matt, Harry, Sam all ended up guarding Ponds in space.   With, if you actually look at it objectively, completely predictable results.      Giving up on Harry in what is essentially his freshman season is as short sighted as anointing him. (hand raised and head bowed in guilt)
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

bilsu

• All American
Froling cannot cover very quick players. St. John's is a bad matchup for him.

real chili 83

• All American
Harry played good defense against Delgado.    Like Matt, like Luke, he struggles do defend in space.    Right now, his confidence on the offensive end is shot.    But 10 days ago, everyone was down on Theo.   4 days ago, everyone was down on Matt.    SJU did not play a true big.    They played a shot blocking skinny 4.    They got MU to switch.    Matt, Harry, Sam all ended up guarding Ponds in space.   With, if you actually look at it objectively, completely predictable results.      Giving up on Harry in what is essentially his freshman season is as short sighted as anointing him. (hand raised and head bowed in guilt)

This^^^^^^^

Dude is really a Frosh.  Too much hype with him coming in.  Did I say, he's a Frosh? 

Remember when people thought Vander was a turd his Frosh year? 

GGGG

• All American
1. He's not a freshman

2. Vander showed what he could become his freshman year.  Harry?  Sorry, but I don't see it.

willie warrior

• All American
Agree.

I'm absolutely amazed how much this board's opinion of Harry has changed just within the last few weeks. He's been the same player all season, but most had given him the majority of the C minutes a few games into him becoming available. Even though he was bad from the start most were projecting massive across-the-board improvement in decision-making, awareness, defense, 3-point shooting, and play within the team. People were quick to move Heldt to garbage minutes based on Harry's (questionable) performances.

He was lucky enough again today to find time (due to Theo's outage) and that likely continues through the season, but next year I honestly have a hard time seeing how Froling plays at all. I wonder what he does if he sees that writing on the wall.
But wait...how can this be? He is a huge difference maker.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Badgerhater

• All American
Average big men need at least two years of development before the are average.

I withhold judgement until next season when no longer a mid season transfer.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
The BE may be too tough for Harry.  He seems overwhelmed most of the time.  I wish it were different, but, you got to be good to compete in the BE.

bilsu

• All American
The BE may be too tough for Harry.  He seems overwhelmed most of the time.  I wish it were different, but, you got to be good to compete in the BE.
Maybe one of the problems for Harry is that he was practicing for a year against our defense, which would make any player look better. Now he is trying to learn to play against better defensive players.

D'Lo Brown

• All American

Keep your head bowed, he is not a freshman.

erubiel

• Walk-On
Re: Why does Harry Froling get so much time?
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2018, 09:45:24 PM »
I think Henry will benefit a fair amount from having a point guard to play with. He has both good hands and offensive instincts. I could see him being successful on dump downs and pick and rolls with a better distributor.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American

Rewatch theSeton Hall tape.  Froling was absolutely horrible in the first half versus Delgado.  Game turned when Wojo finally bailed on him n played Heldt
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2018, 11:24:54 PM »
Odd post given that Harry only played 11 minutes - and even that amount of "so much time" was because Theo was unavailable.

We've seen some flashes - especially against a non-cupcake like Nova - but not enough of them. Hesitant on offense, slow afoot on defense, looks a little clueless out there.

I'm glad Wojo kept signing bigs. If Joey and Morrow are as good as advertised, and if Theo continues to develop, Froling will have trouble getting any minutes - let alone "so much time" - the next couple of seasons.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

mr.MUskie

• All American
That's how I see it.  Hard for me to envision how Harry gets many minutes next year.  I agree with you and said during the game that I don't see anything that he does well enough to contribute at the major college level.

Now don't get me wrong.  I'm happy to have him on the team.  But he's spending his Junior and Senior year as 10th man or below.

Not that I'm projecting it but has Harry 'used up' his transfer option with the mid year thing?  Said another way, could he consider going 'down'?

Or down under.

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2018, 07:04:07 AM »
I think we need to be patient with Harry and here's why:
a) he comes from Australia where there is ALMOST ZERO youth basketball instruction available, and even if he's had the best there is, it's nothing like what USA kids will get.
b) Defense - by Australian standards - is non-existant.  One of the few places in the world where they play zone (i.e. no defense) in pickup games!
c) He's basically a freshman based on experience
d) This year's task was to get his body into big east shape.  job done with the weight lost and strength gain.
e) Next year's job is to teach him how to play system O and D. 

I think he's capable of 10 and 10 (and 5 fouls, unfortunately) next year but he needs another good year of off season development. 

As for now, it's good that he's getting some minutes for experience, but he looks like a lost puppy out there. 
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2018, 07:16:52 AM »
Harry could still develop into a more reliable contributor, but there is no way I see him averaging 10 rebounds next year. I'd be overjoyed with 8/5 next year.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

DCHoopster

• Team Captain
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2018, 10:24:39 AM »
Harry could still develop into a more reliable contributor, but there is no way I see him averaging 10 rebounds next year. I'd be overjoyed with 8/5 next year.

Harry's season now was summed up yesterday,  makes a great head fake, 2 guys go flying by and then misses a one footer.  It seems the coaches have told him
not to shoot, which if they did is wrong.  Not in the flow offensively at all.  It is great he has improved in the weight room, but this off season he needs to work on
all facets of the game.  10/10 doubt it, I really see him as the third or 4th center next year, as the more I watch our centers, Morrow might have to play center, with
Sam and Anim at the forwards, with Joey probably first off the bench.  That is if, Joey's foot heals the right way, and he can start practicing in spring.  I do not see both
Hauser boys starting, to slow afoot.

tower912

• All American
Rewatch theSeton Hall tape.  Froling was absolutely horrible in the first half versus Delgado.  Game turned when Wojo finally bailed on him n played Heldt

I did.   I watched the second half, too.   His defense on Delgado was as good as Matt's, but Matt scored some points. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
I did.   I watched the second half, too.   His defense on Delgado was as good as Matt's, but Matt scored some points.

Far too delusional.  How many rebounds n points did delagado get over froling by simply pushing him out of the way or going around him?  Had a few possesions where he got 2-3 rebounds as he pushed froling almost under the backboard.  He got almost all of his points n rebounds when froling was in and next to none when matt was in.  Harry is really really bad. In fact with matt, theo, morrow, joey, and ike next year i think MU is better off calling it a mistake n freeing up the scholarship at seasons end
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 11:13:28 AM by Mr. Sand-Knit »

MU82

• All American

Far too delusional.  How many rebounds n points did delagado get over froling by simply pushing him out of the way or going around him?  Had a few possesions where he got 2-3 rebounds as he pushed froling almost under the backboard.  He got almost all of his points n rebounds when froling was in and next to none when matt was in.  Harry is really really bad. In fact with matt, theo, morrow, joey, and ike next year i think MU is better off calling it a mistake n freeing up the scholarship at seasons end

I'm pretty sure our problems at center are still all because of Luke.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
I'm pretty sure our problems at center are still all because of Luke.

If your referring to our horrible defensive issues at center with luke being similar to them with Froling, you would be correct. 

MU82

• All American
If your referring to our horrible defensive issues at center with luke being similar to them with Froling, you would be correct.

No, I'm referring to you being a mope who is happiest when he is complaining.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2018, 06:29:00 PM »
Odd post given that Harry only played 11 minutes - and even that amount of "so much time" was because Theo was unavailable.

We've seen some flashes - especially against a non-cupcake like Nova - but not enough of them. Hesitant on offense, slow afoot on defense, looks a little clueless out there.

I'm glad Wojo kept signing bigs. If Joey and Morrow are as good as advertised, and if Theo continues to develop, Froling will have trouble getting any minutes - let alone "so much time" - the next couple of seasons.
Agree.  A 6'9" Joey and 6'8" Morrow will be dominant next year.