Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Seton Hall.... bwahahahahahaha  (Read 14585 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: Seton Hall.... bwahahahahahaha
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2018, 09:42:01 PM »
If you had told me that Theo would be out sick and that Heldt would have three first half fouls....I would have expected to be on the wrong side of a 15+ point beatdown. Great job by Wojo and the boys. 4-2 looks a lot more manageable than 5-1.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Mods, Delete me please. 8/26/2020

• Team Captain
« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2018, 09:54:00 PM »

6.  I wonder what the fan was saying that got him ejected?

I’ve seen a lot of college basketball and only 3 times have I seen a ref stop a game to kick out a fan.   All 3 have been Pat Driscoll.    He should be embarrassed.    Somebody needs to change his diapers.   

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2018, 09:59:38 PM »
Not complaining about tonight's W but the damage has been done!  Even if they win their next six and make the dance with room to spare Porky just can't get excited after the four consecutive losses, no matter what happens moving forward.
Get some new batteries so you can enjoy yourself.
Goal is National Championship

Bo Ryan's Massage Therapist

• Team Captain
« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2018, 10:01:13 PM »
I’ve seen a lot of college basketball and only 3 times have I seen a ref stop a game to kick out a fan.   All 3 have been Pat Driscoll.    He should be embarrassed.    Somebody needs to change his diapers.   

Was Driscoll reffing the game where the Seton Hall players brother came on the court? That’s the only other time I remember a fan getting ejected
“If a player leaves Marquette and doesn’t have some of my blood in him, then I don’t think I’ve done a good job.”  Al McGuire

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2018, 10:01:45 PM »
Not complaining about tonight's W but the damage has been done!  Even if they win their next six and make the dance with room to spare Porky just can't get excited after the four consecutive losses, no matter what happens moving forward.

Glad you Clarified it's not a complaint.  But with your outlook why would Piggy be watching the remaining games.  But if you do watch, what are the elements of MU game are you invested in viewing.  Thanks.   
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2018, 10:02:34 PM »
The officiating continues to be just awful. Markus got a few calls today, still several more that should have been called they were not.

How can you expect the officials to do their jobs well when fans are saying mean things to them from the stands?

Mods, Delete me please. 8/26/2020

• Team Captain
« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2018, 10:07:40 PM »
Was Driscoll reffing the game where the Seton Hall players brother came on the court? That’s the only other time I remember a fan getting ejected

Not sure, but that was providence and arena security stopped that game, not the ref.    Driscoll stopped a Marquette game maybe 5-6 years ago, then stopped a BE tourney game at MSG to boot some guy 15 rows up.   

cheese ball chaser

• All American
« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2018, 10:16:12 PM »
HallScoop is probably losing its mind right now for losing twice to a team they "should" beat.

"HOW HOT IS WILLARD'S SEAT RIGHT NOW?"

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2018, 10:35:27 PM »
Bold statement: Sacar is the difference maker right now, doing everything we need him to do

MUSF

• All American
« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2018, 11:04:54 PM »
Great win but...

End game was rough, other than the FT shooting.

Super frustrating to watch SH roll the ball all the way to half court multiple times, with less than a minute to play?  This happened more than once in the last minute and helped them extend the game.  Seems like an obvious call to pick up the ball handler at 3/4 court.

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2018, 11:10:26 PM »
Great win lets move onto the next and get St Johns back to their losing ways

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2018, 11:19:29 PM »
Great win but...

End game was rough, other than the FT shooting.

Super frustrating to watch SH roll the ball all the way to half court multiple times, with less than a minute to play?  This happened more than once in the last minute and helped them extend the game.  Seems like an obvious call to pick up the ball handler at 3/4 court.

Agree with this. Of course, Powell made 2 well contested prayers, one of which had a lucky bounce. One of those doesn't drop and it's over earlier.

One thing about Heldt. It's cliche, but he knows where to be on offense. We get on Markus and Rowsey about stopping the ball sometimes, but with Harry and Theo in the game they often have to call out for the high screen that initiates a lot of our offense. When Heldt is in there and one of the guards gets the ball he is immediately running up to set screens and the offense has a lot more movement, we get into sets quicker, etc.

Not sure if numbers support that, but that's what my eye test was telling me

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2018, 11:46:35 PM »
I'd prefer to let the other team roll the ball.  It takes just as long to get the ball up the court when the guard is first touching it while it's on the ground and has to start at 0 speed while standing up to dribble vs. catching the inbound pass on the move already ready to dribble.  Plus the ball handler doesn't get a head of steam coming down the court and it's a lot easier for a ball handler to get a step on someone when that person is picking them up full court.  See Chiozo in last year's Sweet 16.  Had Wisconsin picked him up at half court they have an extra defender in play, he probably doesn't get a step on his defender/his defender actually stays in front of him, and he probably doesn't get the kind of momentum going forward that he got.  He got a wide open shot, and when teams pick up full court or 3/4 court they're a lot more likely to get wide open shots/straight line drives to the rim rather than being redirected, in my opinion.

Big win.  Many more big games to come.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2018, 12:46:07 AM »
Gritty win. I knew Wojo was going to pop a button one of these days.

I would add Harry + Matt played great interior defense. SHU shot only 40% in the paint.  Between them, they had 14 rebounds. They both played well on the defensive end, especially in position. In ALL of MU's losses for the season, our opponents have shot 51% or more from two (usually in the 60s).

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #64 on: February 08, 2018, 05:09:14 AM »
Great win.  Thought everyone played hard.  Gotta love Matt for a great effort except for the two missed bunnies.

Thought the shot was late at the final buzzer.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #65 on: February 08, 2018, 05:24:52 AM »
I’m not saying he’s all conference, but Matt Heldt is the kind of kid who’s very easy to root for...love that guy.

Also, great, great game by Marcus. The past few games it’s felt like almost every shot has been forced. I didn’t get that feeling at all vs Seton Hall. I also thought Rowsey played well within himself.

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #66 on: February 08, 2018, 05:27:59 AM »
Bold statement: Sacar is the difference maker right now, doing everything we need him to do

Absolutely.  He has picked up the scoring and has been more successful breaking down the D by driving.  Not to mention his solid man defense.  He's a key piece, and is playing more of a leadership role as an upperclassman (sorta)

fjm

• All American
« Reply #67 on: February 08, 2018, 07:43:13 AM »
Nice W!
Let's get 4 more.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #68 on: February 08, 2018, 07:45:40 AM »
Nice W - they kept hanging in. Bench was into it, think I saw Joey H in the house - looks long and thin.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #69 on: February 08, 2018, 07:50:07 AM »
Nice W - they kept hanging in. Bench was into it, think I saw Joey H in the house - looks long and thin.

You weren't looking closer enough then. I've shook Joey's hand before. He's already bigger and bulkier then his brother
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #70 on: February 08, 2018, 07:52:29 AM »
Joey was there.   They showed him on TV.   And judging from TV, he is bigger than Sam. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

DUNKS45

• All American
  • never too old
« Reply #71 on: February 08, 2018, 07:58:09 AM »
really proud of the performance last night and great coaching by Wojo. Another big game with a hot St.Johns team. This game showed how much we need Matt.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #72 on: February 08, 2018, 08:22:49 AM »
Agree with this. Of course, Powell made 2 well contested prayers, one of which had a lucky bounce. One of those doesn't drop and it's over earlier.

One thing about Heldt. It's cliche, but he knows where to be on offense. We get on Markus and Rowsey about stopping the ball sometimes, but with Harry and Theo in the game they often have to call out for the high screen that initiates a lot of our offense. When Heldt is in there and one of the guards gets the ball he is immediately running up to set screens and the offense has a lot more movement, we get into sets quicker, etc.

Not sure if numbers support that, but that's what my eye test was telling me
Think difference might be that they can provide interior offense and depending on the D they will call out for the screen or pass inside.
Goal is National Championship

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #73 on: February 08, 2018, 08:26:01 AM »
I also thought Rowsey played well within himself.

Im beginning to think that this may be the problem.  I agreed he played within himself.  What that means to me is 2 steps forward, 1 step back.  He does several amazing most every game and something so stupid every game.  Frustrating.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #74 on: February 08, 2018, 08:38:29 AM »
You weren't looking closer enough then. I've shook Joey's hand before. He's already bigger and bulkier then his brother
He is taller, but no longer bulkier.  He seems to have thinned out IMO.  Ive seen JH play since a frosh for SPASH at Concordia, tv, and MU games. I think spring/summer weight will be put on.

feedback