[Today at 06:55:14 PM]

MU all-time defensive team? by wadesworld
[Today at 06:54:34 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 05:53:38 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Uncle Rico
[Today at 02:52:17 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Seton Hall.... bwahahahahahaha  (Read 14586 times)

mileskishnish72

• All American
Re: Seton Hall.... bwahahahahahaha
« Reply #100 on: February 08, 2018, 05:19:04 PM »
Sorry, TAMU, I didn't get his ht. and wt. He came down the arena right by us, no boot, and my impression was long, tall, skinny, young, gotta be Joey. My niece, a recent SHU grad (who looks young) thought he looked "old." That was the last thing I thought he looked like.

GoldenZebra

• All American
« Reply #101 on: February 08, 2018, 06:11:49 PM »
The "foul" on Desi Rodriguez that Rowsey "committed" at the end of the 2nd was very very very very very bad.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #102 on: February 08, 2018, 06:23:12 PM »
Sacar reminds me of sophomore year Vander.  Not as good defensively, but our best perimeter defender that is willing to mix it up on that end of the court, jumps well, but still lacks touch offensively.  Sometimes he almost seems to surprise himself with how athletic he is.  Like he doesn't realize he covered as much ground as he did and winds up missing what should be an easy finish because he loses a sense of where he is on the court/around the basket.  And he still doesn't have the best touch around the rim.  He has been much better with this of late.  The little teardrop in the first half and a few of those reverse layups were very nice.

If he can work on his touch in traffic the game will slow down for him a bit.  He is by far our best slasher due to his combination of strength and athleticism.  And he has a good feel for when to cut.

If he can give us junior year Vander by his senior year, look out.  I don't think he'll ever score as much as Vander did because Vander was "the guy" while Sacar will be, at best, "the third guy," but his play of late has me very encouraged.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

tower912

• All American
« Reply #103 on: February 08, 2018, 06:38:24 PM »
Between Vander and Jamil Wilson.  I think Sacar moves like Jamil sometimes. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #104 on: February 08, 2018, 09:05:13 PM »
Between Vander and Jamil Wilson.  I think Sacar moves like Jamil sometimes.

I see more Vander than Jamil. Jamil has such a pretty jumper and was much more of finesse player. Didn’t mix up much on d.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #105 on: February 08, 2018, 09:23:50 PM »
So, has the Scoop Intelligencia netted out on girth matters over bulk and size?

MUSF

• All American
« Reply #106 on: February 08, 2018, 09:26:04 PM »
I see more Vander than Jamil. Jamil has such a pretty jumper and was much more of finesse player. Didn’t mix up much on d.

Vander was much quicker than Sacar.

I agree with tower, in terms of movement, Sacar is more like Jamil.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #107 on: February 08, 2018, 09:30:24 PM »
On a serious note, did we ever find what caused the tussle at the end of the half?  Got to love Wojo getting into it.  All he said after was he was trying to get him out of the cuddle. 

Rewatching, the only thing I think that started it was Harry's foul a few minutes before.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #108 on: February 08, 2018, 09:49:19 PM »
Who was cuddling? That doesn't sound good.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #109 on: February 09, 2018, 07:08:06 AM »
On a serious note, did we ever find what caused the tussle at the end of the half?  Got to love Wojo getting into it.  All he said after was he was trying to get him out of the cuddle. 

Rewatching, the only thing I think that started it was Harry's foul a few minutes before.

Apparently one of the SHU players got near the bench and Elliott pushed him out of the way and Wojo stepped in between.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #110 on: February 09, 2018, 09:56:29 AM »

Apparently one of the SHU players got near the bench and Elliott pushed him out of the way and Wojo stepped in between.

That's not a complete description.  The SHU player got in between our players when they were grouping up (he was walking through them back to his side).  He did a little jawing and tried the casual shoulder check walking through Elliott. 

Elliott held his ground and didn't let him walk through him, and gave him a little shoulder check of his own.  The SHU player then started jawing and confronting more MU players and Wojo stepped in between. 

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #111 on: February 09, 2018, 10:08:47 AM »

If he can give us junior year Vander by his senior year, look out. 

Vander was the best offensive AND defensive player (and also the leader) of an elite 8, Big East Conference co champion. If Sacar is that good his senior year (and we have Markus, Sam, Joey, Morrow, etc., etc.,) we should be (at worst) top 5 and a legit national championship contender. Hope you're right but I'm a little skeptical.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #112 on: February 09, 2018, 10:54:07 AM »
Vander was the best offensive AND defensive player (and also the leader) of an elite 8, Big East Conference co champion. If Sacar is that good his senior year (and we have Markus, Sam, Joey, Morrow, etc., etc.,) we should be (at worst) top 5 and a legit national championship contender. Hope you're right but I'm a little skeptical.

Ditto.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #113 on: February 09, 2018, 11:01:28 AM »
That's not a complete description.  The SHU player got in between our players when they were grouping up (he was walking through them back to his side).  He did a little jawing and tried the casual shoulder check walking through Elliott. 

Elliott held his ground and didn't let him walk through him, and gave him a little shoulder check of his own.  The SHU player then started jawing and confronting more MU players and Wojo stepped in between.

Loved the way Wojo  stepped in, like he was teaching  Matt defensive position .
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #114 on: February 09, 2018, 02:26:16 PM »

Which is exactly why I said Sacar will never score like Vander did because he won't get the same opportunities that Vander got, but if Sacar can get some touch around the rim the way Vander did late in his Marquette career, he can be a very good player come his senior season.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #115 on: February 09, 2018, 02:36:14 PM »

This is what I love about GE. He’s a big east guard if ever there was one
No Finish Line

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #116 on: February 09, 2018, 03:20:00 PM »

I think it was Desi something must had happened because he went right by Elliot and did shoulder check him. Elliot gave him a good shove and they started jawing at each other. The were being separated and SH's players started coming over while Wojo did the D move. But yeah the SH player, think Desi, went right in the middle of the MU players.
Goal is National Championship

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #117 on: February 09, 2018, 04:40:18 PM »
Ok—SH had the ball and took a shot and missed as time expired at half. The rebound came off towards MUs bench. Desi went to retrieve the ball and shoot the ball even though the buzzer had sounded a few seconds earlier. By this time the MU bench players were on the court shaking MU players that were coming off the court and heading to the locker room. As Desi started toward SH bench, Greg Elliott was now out on the court. Desi pushes GE out of the way as he tries to walk by. GE pushes him back. DR takes exception and came back towards GE and Wojo separated them by keeping DR away from MU players by putting his hands up. Carrington comes running in to stand up for his guy. Willard and refs step in.
That is what happened.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 04:42:20 PM by WE R FINAL FOUR »

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #118 on: February 09, 2018, 04:51:38 PM »
OK, that's exactly what I saw on the multiple replays/highlights.

But does anyone have any info on the fan who got ejected by the ref?
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #119 on: February 09, 2018, 05:17:30 PM »
OK, that's exactly what I saw on the multiple replays/highlights.

But does anyone have any info on the fan who got ejected by the ref?

It's Jersey.  What else do you need to know?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #120 on: February 09, 2018, 05:58:14 PM »

Who was the ref?

*checks*

Driscoll.

Yep, that checks out.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #121 on: February 09, 2018, 06:03:02 PM »
Who was the ref?

*checks*

Driscoll.

Yep, that checks out.

Ah yes.  Good point.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #122 on: February 09, 2018, 06:06:00 PM »

Ah yes.  Good point.

I mean Driscoll in Jersey? Only surprise was there weren't multiple ejections!
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #123 on: February 09, 2018, 06:45:42 PM »

In the money seats too. That location is the equivalent of Tuggie getting the heave ho from his seats. 

Then again, it is Jersey.  I hope the STH wasn't named Guido or else Pat's 100th consecutive night reffing streak will be broken along with his legs.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #124 on: February 09, 2018, 08:23:41 PM »
In the money seats too. That location is the equivalent of Tuggie getting the heave ho from his seats. 

Then again, it is Jersey.  I hope the STH wasn't named Guido or else Pat's 100th consecutive night reffing streak will be broken along with his legs.

The money seats for a Hall game cost the equivalent of sitting in Row 2 of the 403 section in the Bradley Center. So, it was just a typical Jersey goombah. We have a plethora of them.