[April 19, 2024, 11:23:24 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:10:31 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:09:03 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Scoop Snoop
[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: American heroes  (Read 24108 times)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
Re: American heroes
« Reply #150 on: February 24, 2018, 11:39:01 AM »
They already have several criminal indictments and a few guilty pleas. The lead prosecutor is a lifelong Republican, and he is being supervised by another Republican (and Trump appointee). So catching and busting guys who commit multiple felonies is a waste of resources?

Perhaps you'd be happier if we used those resources to arm every toddler in America....

the last sentence is what guys like me get hammered for-teal perhaps?

criminal indictments on who?  manafort and gates-really?  and a bunch of russian guys?  nice!  mueller is a republican?  and i'm a singer in a rock n roll band...  listen-cnn has had some real doozies out there-the donna brazille lying about giving hillary the questions ahead of time, the wikileaks fiasco and rush to report trump jr. receiving advance notice, and something as mundane as trump sr. feeding the fish in japan wrong...oh and the breaking news about 2 scoops...i mean come on-at least the ny times can get a few stories right and show some semblance of journalistic integrity.  haven't seen too much from cnn on the dosier, how it was paid for, all the conflicts of interest within the dept of justice, the lead investigator saying there is "no there there", the brennan lie under oath...lots of stuff they could be reporting to show some balance
don't...don't don't don't don't

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #151 on: February 24, 2018, 11:49:07 AM »

criminal indictments on who?  manafort and gates-really?  and a bunch of russian guys?  nice!  mueller is a republican? and i'm a singer in a rock n roll band...  listen-cnn has had some real doozies out there-the donna brazille lying about giving hillary the questions ahead of time, the wikileaks fiasco and rush to report trump jr. receiving advance notice, and something as mundane as trump sr. feeding the fish in japan wrong...oh and the breaking news about 2 scoops...i mean come on-at least the ny times can get a few stories right and show some semblance of journalistic integrity.  haven't seen too much from cnn on the dosier, how it was paid for, all the conflicts of interest within the dept of justice, the lead investigator saying there is "no there there", the brennan lie under oath...lots of stuff they could be reporting to show some balance

Again, this is the kind of stuff that gets you ripped around here.
Mueller first went to work in government as a U.S. attorney in Massachusetts. He was appointed by Ronald Reagan.
His next gig was as an assistant attorney general. He was appointed by George H.W. Bush.
In 2001, he was appointed deputy attorney general by George W. Bush. Then, he was appointed director of the FBI by George W. Bush.
And, for good measure, rather than dodging out because of "bone spurs," Mueller served three years in Vietnam, earning a Purple Heart and a host of other commendations.

So ... what's the name of your band, and when can I see you play?

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #152 on: February 24, 2018, 11:49:27 AM »
The whole russiarussiarussia thing is the biggest smoke screen corruption we’ve ever seen and a disgusting waste of FBI resources. 
Popadop, Flynn, and Gates are going to be so happy when you let them know their GUILTY pleas are just smokescreens!

And the 13 indictments from the Russian troll farm?  Smokescreen.

It is astonishing that one party in this country is perfectly fine with a hostile foreign power intervening in American elections as long as it benefits them and puts them in power.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #153 on: February 24, 2018, 01:55:55 PM »

criminal indictments on who?  manafort and gates-really?  and a bunch of russian guys?  nice!  mueller is a republican?  and i'm a singer in a rock n roll band...  listen-cnn has had some real doozies out there-the donna brazille lying about giving hillary the questions ahead of time, the wikileaks fiasco and rush to report trump jr. receiving advance notice, and something as mundane as trump sr. feeding the fish in japan wrong...oh and the breaking news about 2 scoops...i mean come on-at least the ny times can get a few stories right and show some semblance of journalistic integrity.  haven't seen too much from cnn on the dosier, how it was paid for, all the conflicts of interest within the dept of justice, the lead investigator saying there is "no there there", the brennan lie under oath...lots of stuff they could be reporting to show some balance

Mueller is a Republican. How can you claim otherwise? 

Your other points were mostly correct, CNN has had some bad mistakes, but by saying Mueller isn't a Republican that is why you get attacked even if everything else you said is true or mostly true.  You would have been better off saying Mueller is a Republican, but only 1 or 2 of the 17 investigators he has are Republicans, which has your side upset. That would have been a true statement. You shoot yourself in the foot. 

“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #154 on: February 24, 2018, 02:43:11 PM »

This is amazing.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #155 on: February 24, 2018, 02:45:24 PM »
"Mueller is a Republican. How can you claim otherwise?"

i know, he is a republican;  just like mccain, graham, flake, collins, murkowski...are

"It is astonishing that one party in this country is perfectly fine with a hostile foreign power intervening in American elections as long as it benefits them and puts them in power."

loosen the tin foil hat please-why didn't the big "O" put a stop to it?  2014 ring any bells?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #156 on: February 24, 2018, 02:51:16 PM »
"Mueller is a Republican. How can you claim otherwise?"

i know, he is a republican;  just like mccain, graham, flake, collins, murkowski...are

The state of the Republican Party in a nutshell.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #157 on: February 24, 2018, 03:20:43 PM »
Where did I say I believe him?  That’s what the kid said. I have only heard cnn disagrees or that’s not what happened. What I did see of the cnn presentation was a very partisan crowd,acting like children. Booing, name calling, not allowing some people to speak, etc...

Waiting to hear someone discredit the kids story with credible info. Cnn is in disagreement and the kid is in disagreement...someone isn’t telling the truth but I sure in the hell ain’t going to rely on sultan telling us the kid is lying cuz he has shown to be the MESSAGE board hardguy with the temperament of a bull elephant in heat.  Hey, maybe he was in the crowd at that cnn thing and they told him the kid is lying.  That settles it I guess

Do you believe this info is credible enough to prove that the kid was lying? Or, at the very least, that there was miscommunication by the kid/family and CNN was correct about the town hall not being scripted?

http://www.businessinsider.com/parkland-shooting-survivors-family-shops-doctored-cnn-emails-to-media-2018-2

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #158 on: February 24, 2018, 03:21:37 PM »
This is amazing.

His repeated stupidly is astounding. That is why he is the only person I have on ignore

He doesn't need the truth - he has his "alternate facts".

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #159 on: February 24, 2018, 04:40:35 PM »
Do you believe this info is credible enough to prove that the kid was lying? Or, at the very least, that there was miscommunication by the kid/family and CNN was correct about the town hall not being scripted?

http://www.businessinsider.com/parkland-shooting-survivors-family-shops-doctored-cnn-emails-to-media-2018-2

This is all very unfortunate.  It distracts from an important topic. 

To me, here, it looks like the father is the problem.  The son, communicated with CNN, what he wished to ask.  CNN had him ready to ask his own question, then the father had to intervene. 

My guess is that massive essay, was not written by the kid, but the father who was trying to make this about him.  Shameful. 

CNN looks to have done this all above board, and even after being accused seemed to try to take the high road.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #160 on: February 24, 2018, 05:37:33 PM »

Mueller is a Republican. How can you claim otherwise? 

Your other points were mostly correct, CNN has had some bad mistakes, but by saying Mueller isn't a Republican that is why you get attacked even if everything else you said is true or mostly true.  You would have been better off saying Mueller is a Republican, but only 1 or 2 of the 17 investigators he has are Republicans, which has your side upset. That would have been a true statement. You shoot yourself in the foot. 

Poor Chicos, everyone is against you.  Mean, mean CNN.  Mean, mean prosecutors.

Snowflake much?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #161 on: February 24, 2018, 06:00:46 PM »
"It is astonishing that one party in this country is perfectly fine with a hostile foreign power intervening in American elections as long as it benefits them and puts them in power."

loosen the tin foil hat please-why didn't the big "O" put a stop to it?  2014 ring any bells?
Please clarify your tin foil hat comment:  Are you saying that Russia did not try to interfere in the election?

Here are the actions Obama took:
   *Had our intelligence agencies warn Russian intelligence
   *Spoke directly to Putin himself telling him not to interfere in the election
   *Informed reporters that Russia was behind the cyberattacks and stolen emails
   *Expelled 35 Russian diplomats
   *Imposed additional sanctions against Russia
   *Closed two Russian compounds

https://www.npr.org/2018/02/21/587614043/fact-check-why-didnt-obama-stop-russia-s-election-interference-in-2016

Should he have done even more?  I would say yes, he should have.

What has Trump done since he because President?
   *Refused to call out Russian meddling
   *Took Putin’s word over that of the intelligence agencies of 16 other countries and our own FBI, CIA, and NSA. (Mull that one over--the President of the United States siding with the head of a hostile foreign power over our own and our ally's intelligence agencies.)
   *Refuses to enforce the sanctions against Russia passed by large bi-partisan majorities
   *Has done NOTHING to prevent 2018 meddling even as the intelligence community has warned Russia is gearing up to do it again

Again, is your position that Russia did not interfere in the 2016 election?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 06:03:33 PM by TSmith34 »

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #162 on: February 24, 2018, 06:32:54 PM »
Please clarify your tin foil hat comment:  Are you saying that Russia did not try to interfere in the election?

Here are the actions Obama took:
   *Had our intelligence agencies warn Russian intelligence
   *Spoke directly to Putin himself telling him not to interfere in the election
   *Informed reporters that Russia was behind the cyberattacks and stolen emails
   *Expelled 35 Russian diplomats
   *Imposed additional sanctions against Russia
   *Closed two Russian compounds

https://www.npr.org/2018/02/21/587614043/fact-check-why-didnt-obama-stop-russia-s-election-interference-in-2016

Should he have done even more?  I would say yes, he should have.

What has Trump done since he because President?
   *Refused to call out Russian meddling
   *Took Putin’s word over that of the intelligence agencies of 16 other countries and our own FBI, CIA, and NSA. (Mull that one over--the President of the United States siding with the head of a hostile foreign power over our own and our ally's intelligence agencies.)
   *Refuses to enforce the sanctions against Russia passed by large bi-partisan majorities
   *Has done NOTHING to prevent 2018 meddling even as the intelligence community has warned Russia is gearing up to do it again

Again, is your position that Russia did not interfere in the 2016 election?

You forgot, tried to make a joint statement with the GOP acknowledging and condemning Russian interference (prior to the election), which was shot down by McConnell.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #163 on: February 24, 2018, 06:50:14 PM »
You forgot, tried to make a joint statement with the GOP acknowledging and condemning Russian interference (prior to the election), which was shot down by McConnell.
Everything I listed is indisputable fact. I thought about including that item as well, but McConnell denies Biden's claims, so it is unproven. Didn't want to muddy the waters.

And it is probably just a totally unrelated coincidence that McConnell's PAC received a $2.5M contribution from a Putin-linked oligarch
https://twitter.com/funder/status/913218087280893952?lang=en

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #164 on: February 24, 2018, 08:32:07 PM »
this has gone far enough for me as we could go back and forth and neither of us are going to come to any meaningful agreement and that's ok.  i fully understand there are going to be points/counterpoints.  that's why we have, well let's just keep it simple-2 parties, maybe three, but what ever.  unfortunately or not, we shouldn't really be going this far into the "P" word thing here as it's against the rules and it makes some uncomfortable.  i got caught up in trying to make a point and as i was on my way to 5:00 mass...

it will be very interesting to watch this play out as i'm sure it will have some saying, see-i told ya so and others still debating how their sides.  then the revisionists will come in and clean up and 40-50 years later, it will become the "watergate II", books will be written on it other controversial issues will have taken place, come and gone and ya know what?  life goes on...we only have control of what we have in front of us-ourselves-peace to all, over and out 8-)

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #165 on: February 24, 2018, 11:04:22 PM »
James Fallows
‏Verified account @JamesFallows

For the record, I haven’t lost hope that *someday* we will have the backstory on this influential NYT piece, one week before the election.

We know now that FBI had multiple active investigations of Trump associates at this point. But vastly greater HRC email-“scandal” coverage.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DW18buKVMAAWR03.jpg

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #166 on: February 24, 2018, 11:21:43 PM »
this has gone far enough for me as we could go back and forth and neither of us are going to come to any meaningful agreement and that's ok.  i fully understand there are going to be points/counterpoints.  that's why we have, well let's just keep it simple-2 parties, maybe three, but what ever.  unfortunately or not, we shouldn't really be going this far into the "P" word thing here as it's against the rules and it makes some uncomfortable.  i got caught up in trying to make a point and as i was on my way to 5:00 mass...

it will be very interesting to watch this play out as i'm sure it will have some saying, see-i told ya so and others still debating how their sides.  then the revisionists will come in and clean up and 40-50 years later, it will become the "watergate II", books will be written on it other controversial issues will have taken place, come and gone and ya know what?  life goes on...we only have control of what we have in front of us-ourselves-peace to all, over and out 8-)

Would you mind please letting me know about your position on the kid vs CNN with the information I presented earlier?

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #167 on: February 25, 2018, 07:14:28 AM »
Would you mind please letting me know about your position on the kid vs CNN with the information I presented earlier?

i'm leaning kid as cnn has a history of less than stellar journalistic standards.  they should be able to rise above a few kids, but if they(the kid) doesn't espouse the company line, they alinsky him.  i haven't heard anything definitively pointing to the fact that the kid has lied.  if in fact he is proven to have lied, then i have to remove myself from his camp.  i did not however like cnn's hikacking of and ambush of those who were trying to present the other side of the argument. 

how is one supposed to debate another over gun rights when he/she has just buried their child, for example.  it is looking more and more the defenses we have put in place to prevent and/or defend situations such as these shootings, have failed at many many levels.  going right to the perceived ethnic background of the shooter-why wasn't he detained before any of this occurred while a student who sees a "gun-shape" in our mathematical square root sign faces expulsion

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #168 on: February 25, 2018, 07:23:45 AM »
i'm leaning kid as cnn has a history of less than stellar journalistic standards.  they should be able to rise above a few kids, but if they(the kid) doesn't espouse the company line, they alinsky him.  i haven't heard anything definitively pointing to the fact that the kid has lied.  if in fact he is proven to have lied, then i have to remove myself from his camp.  i did not however like cnn's hikacking of and ambush of those who were trying to present the other side of the argument.

Does the fact the kid's dad doctored emails between CNN and his family, then tried to pawn them off on other media, not affect his credibility?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #169 on: February 25, 2018, 07:26:11 AM »
Does the fact the kid's dad doctored emails between CNN and his family, then tried to pawn them off on other media, not affect his credibility?

Once rocket checks with Fox, he'll get back to you on that...

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #170 on: February 25, 2018, 10:43:36 AM »

The state of the Republican Party in a nutshell.

TRUE

Unfortunately equally true with Democratic Party.  That was the article I shared from the Washington Post a few weeks ago.  Democrats pushing harder left, Republicans harder right based on almost 30 years of Pew data.  Feinstein in trouble out west.  In the burbs, Lipinksi will be primaried (he is the last pro life Democrat in the House when 20 years ago there were more than 50). 

Litmus tests with both parties for purity has killed the middle. Moderation is harder to come by.  The extremes control the primary process and are driving both sides further away.  The data cannot be interpreted any other way in my opinion, and certainly from a personal experience since I began voting in the 1970's.  My Democrat party is nowhere what it was back then, and the GOP isn't recognizable to my Republican friends.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/10/05/the-remarkably-fast-liberalization-of-the-democratic-party/?utm_term=.fd84dd4ab603

— Plato

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #171 on: February 25, 2018, 11:22:13 AM »

As a matter of fact-yes.  As I stated, I’m “leaning”. If any credible evidence comes out either way, I will heed that. 

And yes sultan, if that is fox, or abc, or cbs, or nbc yes.  Cnn is directly involved and have shown to be a little careless, so they should not be used as a reference in my opinion.  Using cnn would be like relying on the kids statements alone to corroborate; they’ve both said their piece, now it needs to be verified somehow if one wants to obtain any closure on said topic

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #172 on: February 25, 2018, 11:36:21 AM »

That is a bad look if the dad did that.

This doesn't help CNN, however. 

— Plato

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #173 on: February 25, 2018, 11:54:47 AM »
That is a bad look if the dad did that.

This doesn't help CNN, however. 

Why? As per the communication between the kid and CNN, CNN clearly had agreed upon questions with those at the Town Hall. Perhaps this person just wanted to be sure they said the right question/correct wording.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #174 on: February 25, 2018, 11:55:43 AM »
As a matter of fact-yes.  As I stated, I’m “leaning”. If any credible evidence comes out either way, I will heed that. 

And yes sultan, if that is fox, or abc, or cbs, or nbc yes.  Cnn is directly involved and have shown to be a little careless, so they should not be used as a reference in my opinion.  Using cnn would be like relying on the kids statements alone to corroborate; they’ve both said their piece, now it needs to be verified somehow if one wants to obtain any closure on said topic

So you don't believe that the evidence of doctored emails - which is objective evidence - is credible?