[Today at 02:09:27 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by barfolomew
[Today at 02:08:20 PM]

Shaka interview by Zog from Margo
[Today at 02:08:01 PM]

2024-25 Outlook by GoldenEagles03
[Today at 01:48:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: American heroes  (Read 24238 times)

Pakuni

• All American
Re: American heroes
« Reply #175 on: February 25, 2018, 01:01:18 PM »
That is a bad look if the dad did that.

This doesn't help CNN, however. 

This proves exactly what CNN said happened. They asked participants what they wanted to ask and then sent them the question they wanted to ask in writing so everyone knew what was agreed upon. That's standard practice in these town halls.

Look ... hundreds of people took part in this event and a dozen or so asked questions.  If CNN rigged the whole thing, why is no one else alleging it? Are they all in cahoots with CNN? Soros plants? Crisis actors?

Or maybe a dad with an axe to grind and a proven willingness to lie is trying to make political hay out of a simple instance of crossed signals because CNN told his kid he couldn't give a speech?

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #176 on: February 25, 2018, 02:32:45 PM »
The dad might have changed his email, but his kid didn’t lie.  CNN also knew Colton was not going to toe the cnn line and they went against their own statement of respecting the victims of the shooting-basically saying that anyone who questioned the integrity of the parkland survivors is A monster guilty of the most severe kind of moral crime. 

“All of this surprised us because, as you will remember, it was just a few days ago that CNN was declaring that anyone who questioned the integrity of Parkland survivors–and Colton Haab is one of them–is a monster guilty of the most severe kind of moral crime.”

Colton’s dad may have edited his email but Colton may not have known anything about that.  Colton, however was not going to be a cnn sycophant from the beginning and that’s where cnn is trying to cover their....

If anything, the dad should have to apologize to both his son and cnn, but Colton was definitely not with the anti-gun crowd from the beginning.  He is still a hero for what he did the day of the shooting
don't...don't don't don't don't

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #177 on: February 25, 2018, 02:40:57 PM »
The dad might have changed his email, but his kid didn’t lie.  CNN also knew Colton was not going to toe the cnn line and they went against their own statement of respecting the victims of the shooting-basically saying that anyone who questioned the integrity of the parkland survivors is A monster guilty of the most severe kind of moral crime. 

“All of this surprised us because, as you will remember, it was just a few days ago that CNN was declaring that anyone who questioned the integrity of Parkland survivors–and Colton Haab is one of them–is a monster guilty of the most severe kind of moral crime.”

Colton’s dad may have edited his email but Colton may not have known anything about that.  Colton, however was not going to be a cnn sycophant from the beginning and that’s where cnn is trying to cover their....

If anything, the dad should have to apologize to both his son and cnn, but Colton was definitely not with the anti-gun crowd from the beginning.  He is still a hero for what he did the day of the shooting

Fantasyland.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #178 on: February 25, 2018, 02:58:23 PM »

I guess I just see it differently. People sent in questions to CNN. CNN confirmed exactly what the questions were, grammatically, and that's what the people were to ask at the town hall. The kid said CNN scripted his question - as in, didn't let him ask what he wanted, but gave him a completely new question that CNN wanted. Based on the evidence at hand, I believe the kid was wrong. Either things got miscommunicated between CNN and the boy or, at worst, the boy is lying.

Agree on the bold.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #179 on: February 25, 2018, 04:51:44 PM »
this has gone far enough for me as we could go back and forth and neither of us are going to come to any meaningful agreement and that's ok.
Ok, I will respect that.  I'll leave you with one final thought.

You said that the FBI investigation is a huge waste of resources and that it was "tinfoil hat" to believe that a hostile foreign power was trying to influence our elections.  Is that what you believe?  That all those other countries intelligence agencies are wrong?  That our own CIA, FBI, and NSA are lying and/or wrong?  That Mueller's indictments against the Russian troll farm are make believe?  And that you believe Putin when he says Russia didn't do it?

Or alternatively do you believe that Russia did try to interfere but we shouldn't be wasting FBI resources investigating it?  That despite it being against U.S. law for a foreign power to interfere in our elections that we just let it go?  And if you think that Russia did try to interfere but it shouldn't be investigated or stopped in the future, would you feel the same way if a hostile foreign power was trying to help Clinton get elected?

Because either you think they didn't do it and everyone who said they did is wrong, or you believe they did do it but you're totally cool with it.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #180 on: February 25, 2018, 06:04:33 PM »

You said that the FBI investigation is a huge waste of resources and that it was "tinfoil hat" to believe that a hostile foreign power was trying to influence our elections.  Is that what you believe?  That all those other countries intelligence agencies are wrong?  That our own CIA, FBI, and NSA are lying and/or wrong?  That Mueller's indictments against the Russian troll farm are make believe?  And that you believe Putin when he says Russia didn't do it?

Or alternatively do you believe that Russia did try to interfere but we shouldn't be wasting FBI resources investigating it?  That despite it being against U.S. law for a foreign power to interfere in our elections that we just let it go?  And if you think that Russia did try to interfere but it shouldn't be investigated or stopped in the future, would you feel the same way if a hostile foreign power was trying to help Clinton get elected?

Because either you think they didn't do it and everyone who said they did is wrong, or you believe they did do it but you're totally cool with it.

Bottom line, does it concern me?  Yes, but here in my little world, There is only so much I can do about it.  Look, I have 7 employees who depend on me to help them pay the bills.  I have my own family to care for and about. if we all just try to live our lives as good people, everything else is just “small stuff”.  Our votes, from us “little people” quite frankly,  means squat.  Unless you have a big bag of money, like the bezos and buffets of the world, we are all just pawns in this game
don't...don't don't don't don't

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #181 on: February 25, 2018, 06:24:38 PM »

TS

Did Russia screw around in Social media posting lies about or election?  Yes

Was the goal specifically to get Trump elected? No, it was to be disruptive. That’s why they turn down Trump right after he was elected.

Did it affect the election? I personally think it’s laughable get a couple of Russian Facebook posts turn the US election. But if it did, then the next election the major party candidates should just spend $54 and hire a bunch of hackers. That way no one has to sit through 10,000 political ads.

Why does everybody think Russian  Facebook ads turn elections?  Because they still can’t come to grips that Hillary Clinton might’ve been the worst candidate in American political history. She was so freaking bad she lost to Donald Trump. Nuff said.

Should be investigated and try to be corrected? Absolutely. But the absolute worst way to do it is to hire a special counsel lawyer type to waste his time indicting people that did something years before Trump was elected. The CIA in the national security agencies should be doing this covertly and with the goal of trying to keep them out of 2018 and 2020. This grandstanding with Mueller just an embarrassment.

Have at it.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 06:27:28 PM by Tugg Speedman »

feedback