[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: What Are You Watching in 2019 (or re-watching)???  (Read 116897 times)

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
Re: What Are You Watching in 2019 (or re-watching)???
« Reply #475 on: November 03, 2019, 04:36:20 PM »
Just rewatched The Martian on Friday night -- or at least most of it.  It's one of those movies that I tend to pause on when flipping channels and before I know it, I'm an hour in. 

Also, did I miss a federal law or executive order requiring that We're the Millers be broadcast at least three times each week?  Yeah...it was kind of funny...once.  But it seems like that movie is on multiple times every weekend.

We broadcast rights are cheap for it. Also known as the Shawshank Model
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #476 on: November 04, 2019, 09:07:22 AM »
Just rewatched The Martian on Friday night -- or at least most of it.  It's one of those movies that I tend to pause on when flipping channels and before I know it, I'm an hour in. 

Matt Damon stranded on Mars?  That movie would have been spectacular if they ended it 15 minutes sooner.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #477 on: November 04, 2019, 09:41:50 AM »
Matt Damon stranded on Mars?  That movie would have been spectacular if they ended it 15 minutes sooner.

I find that to be the case with many Matt Damon movies
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #478 on: November 04, 2019, 09:58:38 AM »
For those who.watched Jack Ryan Season 2. What was Venezuela doing.illegally by wanting.to.mine within its own borders?

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #479 on: November 04, 2019, 01:18:01 PM »

It would have been spectacular if they had just used the ending in the book and not turned an in-book gag (the Ironman thing) into the ending.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #480 on: November 04, 2019, 04:12:34 PM »
It would have been spectacular if they had just used the ending in the book and not turned an in-book gag (the Ironman thing) into the ending.

Meh.  I like the Jimmy Kimmel ending where they actually shoot on location and still leave him there.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #481 on: November 04, 2019, 08:48:11 PM »
Has anyone seen 'What We Do in the Shadows' on Hulu? I haven't seen the movie but the show is very funny.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #482 on: November 04, 2019, 10:37:16 PM »
Sorry not sorry using Scoop as my personal TV calendar/reminder.

Rock and Morty S4 - Nov 10
Man in the High Castle S4 - Nov 15
Marvelous Mrs Maisel S3 - Dec 6
6 Underground (film) - Dec 13
LEGO Masters - Feb 5
The Orville S3 - Pushed to late 2020
The Boys S2 - mid-2020*
Clue (remake/sequel) - waiting for green light, probably 2021

*speculation

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #483 on: November 05, 2019, 06:16:11 AM »

LEGO Masters - Feb 5
The Boys S2 - mid-2020*

*speculation

A) how is The Mandalorian not on this list?
B) Top Gun Maverick is next summer so.....
C) I'm glad someone else is pumped for 6 Underground

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #484 on: November 05, 2019, 06:19:42 AM »
How's everyone feeling about the Midway "remake"? I say remake because they are acting like the Charleton Heston vehicle never existed ( it had Eric Estrada for god sake) despite at least a few shots being a direct lift from that movie (like Ensign Gay watching the Japanese carriers burn).

I really love WWII movies but I'm terrified that they are trying to jam the Pearly Harbor attack as well as the Doolittle raid into a movie that could be solely about Midway

🏀

• All American
« Reply #485 on: November 05, 2019, 08:40:26 AM »
How's everyone feeling about the Midway "remake"? I say remake because they are acting like the Charleton Heston vehicle never existed ( it had Eric Estrada for god sake) despite at least a few shots being a direct lift from that movie (like Ensign Gay watching the Japanese carriers burn).

I really love WWII movies but I'm terrified that they are trying to jam the Pearly Harbor attack as well as the Doolittle raid into a movie that could be solely about Midway

Honestly, I think it looks awful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #486 on: November 05, 2019, 08:47:01 AM »

LEGO Masters - Feb 5
The Boys S2 - mid-2020*

*speculation

Thanks for the list, Benny. Glad you're sorry not sorry, because I personally love to see lists like this. I'm always looking for the next thing I want to watch, and I wish more folks would do similar.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #487 on: November 05, 2019, 09:25:49 AM »

Most of you are probably too young, but I watched the original Midway movie in a theater with "Sensurround" where they had some kind of sound system that made you feel what was going on in the movie like a vibration.  They used it for a handful of movies in the mid to late 70s.  It was more distracting than anything.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #488 on: November 05, 2019, 12:17:23 PM »
A) how is The Mandalorian not on this list?
B) Top Gun Maverick is next summer so.....
C) I'm glad someone else is pumped for 6 Underground

Putting Mandalorian on the list seems forced... I inevitably end up watching anything in Star Wars canon but it's not always an in-the-theater must-see for me.

I'm really torn on Top Gun Maverick.  On one hand, it was Top Gun that was the initial spark that inspired me to take the ASTB, not to mention the movie that sparked my interest in beach volleyball*, but the whole Tom Cruise/Scientology thing really weirds me out, so I'm not sure if that's going to be a theater or AppleTV purchase.

I've been a big fan of Ryan Reynolds since I declared he would be a big star someday after watching Van Wilder (a/k/a Ferris Bueller for Millennials)... I'm very proud of that prognostication, and even if it's a self-fulfilling prophecy, it hasn't yet steered me wrong.  Hopefully Michael Bay doesn't miss the mark with this movie... that's the only thing that would make this suck.

* I never bought into the "homoerotic undertone" agenda that some people insist on pushing... however, when they remade that scene in the Hulu series Future Man (using two openly gay characters, one ambiguous, and one pansexual from the future), it was so well made that I honestly couldn't sit here today and tell you if it was parody or homage.  Nevertheless, beach volleyball is awesome, and that should be the only takeaway here (other than perhaps "I should check out that Future Man series sometime").

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #489 on: November 05, 2019, 01:14:35 PM »
Most of you are probably too young, but I watched the original Midway movie in a theater with "Sensurround" where they had some kind of sound system that made you feel what was going on in the movie like a vibration.  They used it for a handful of movies in the mid to late 70s.  It was more distracting than anything.

Earthquake.

With Victoria Principal's unholstered boobs bouncing around while the ground was shaking.  Quality cinema.
Have some patience, FFS.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #490 on: November 06, 2019, 04:17:03 PM »

Or The Midway movie, where the modern carrier went back in time and they were wondering if they should send the jets in to completely decimate the entire Japanese fleet at Midway.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #491 on: November 07, 2019, 05:41:46 AM »
Or The Midway movie, where the modern carrier went back in time and they were wondering if they should send the jets in to completely decimate the entire Japanese fleet at Midway.

Final Countdown is the movie you are thinking of and that is a god damn American classic sir.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #492 on: November 07, 2019, 03:54:19 PM »
Final Countdown is the movie you are thinking of and that is a god damn American classic sir.

I must say I did thoroughly enjoy this movie back in the day.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #493 on: November 07, 2019, 05:12:44 PM »
Westworld back March of ‘20 is the rumor.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 07:27:44 PM by Cheeks »
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #494 on: November 12, 2019, 10:25:38 AM »
First episode of Mandalorian was pretty darn good.

I will preface that by saying I have seen all the Star Wars films but am not super into the entire universe/lore but it is an entertaining show nonetheless
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 03:40:36 PM by ChitownSpaceForRent »

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #495 on: November 12, 2019, 11:46:10 AM »

I will preface that by saying I have seen all the Star Wars films but am but super into the entire universe/lore but it is an entertaining show nonetheless

I will get around to watching this once my son has watched Cars 1, 2, 3 a couple dozen times

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #496 on: November 12, 2019, 12:00:45 PM »
I will get around to watching this once my son has watched Cars 1, 2, 3 a couple dozen times

I will say, if you want something he would probably enjoy and you wont want to pull your hair out, the Imagineering Story is awesome.

Depending on his age, it may be a little over his head but hey, it's about amusement parks so maybe you can spin it that way.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #497 on: November 12, 2019, 12:09:17 PM »

I will preface that by saying I have seen all the Star Wars films but am but super into the entire universe/lore but it is an entertaining show nonetheless

I got through half of it, then the streaming stopped.  Been on chat wait with Disney for over an hour...first day launches are always a bitch

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #498 on: November 12, 2019, 12:10:32 PM »
Saw Midway with my wife on Sunday. Pretty good, not great.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #499 on: November 12, 2019, 12:18:13 PM »
I got through half of it, then the streaming stopped.  Been on chat wait with Disney for over an hour...first day launches are always a bitch

I've been pretty lucky. I found that if you go to the search area instead of the main homepage you can get something to play.

All the people on twitter bitching about it is pretty funny to me. Launches are always glitchy, even for the Evil Empire.

feedback