[April 19, 2024, 11:23:24 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:10:31 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:09:03 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Scoop Snoop
[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Wojo's seat  (Read 65309 times)

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
Re: Wojo's seat
« Reply #275 on: February 01, 2018, 07:25:27 AM »
There is no excuse for our tram to be continually out coached.  Our talent is better than our record.  The kids don’t look properly prepared.  Wojo doesn’t make the necessary adjustments during the game.  Our defense is plain awful.  It’s becoming obvious that while he’s a good recruiter, he is not a good coach.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #276 on: February 01, 2018, 07:26:30 AM »
Wojo can loose every game by 100 points for the next 10 years and he will not be fired by Marquette because he does things the right way.

It's 100% true........... I heard it on MUScoop!

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #277 on: February 01, 2018, 07:31:13 AM »
There is no excuse for our tram to be continually out coached.  Our talent is better than our record.  The kids don’t look properly prepared.  Wojo doesn’t make the necessary adjustments during the game.  Our defense is plain awful.  It’s becoming obvious that while he’s a good recruiter, he is not a good coach.

Once the streetcar is operational, it should solve all of our tram issues.

Eye

• All American
« Reply #278 on: February 01, 2018, 07:41:24 AM »
I'd say its at about 4 on a 1 to 10 scale after last night.
GO WARRIORS!

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #279 on: February 01, 2018, 07:52:50 AM »

Stretch got auto-corrected on the way to the (wojciechow)SKI tram.
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #280 on: February 01, 2018, 08:10:26 AM »
I have no idea how warm his seat is, and I also still don’t know whether Wojo is capable of coaching. And that’s a serious problem that we should all be concerned about
No Finish Line

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #281 on: February 01, 2018, 08:51:56 AM »
I have no idea how warm his seat is, and I also still don’t know whether Wojo is capable of coaching. And that’s a serious problem that we should all be concerned about

He's like our freshmen right now. You see flashes here and there of being able to compete at a high level, but then there are moments that make you just shake your head.

I expect that from 18 year old kids, but I sure wish Wojo's experience would begin to show on the floor more often.

DienerTime34

• All American
« Reply #282 on: February 01, 2018, 09:02:07 AM »
Wojo's comments are mind-boggling too. Last night, he leads with "No excuses," before rattling off a list of excuses about being tired after Nova and being young. After the Nova loss it was bad calls by the refs. After Xavier it was too much time off between games.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #283 on: February 01, 2018, 09:02:18 AM »
If donations drop significantly and season ticket sales drop dramatically, and the school is losing money or not making much, then the heat will be turned up.  Until then, no.

Bad_Reporter

• All American
« Reply #284 on: February 01, 2018, 09:05:05 AM »
Wojo's comments are mind-boggling too. Last night, he leads with "No excuses," before rattling off a list of excuses about being tired after Nova and being young. After the Nova loss it was bad calls by the refs. After Xavier it was too much time off between games.

Absolutely agree.  I just watched the post game interview and I didn't think I could get anymore pissed off then I was last night, I was wrong...  wtf is his deal?

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #285 on: February 01, 2018, 09:07:42 AM »
If donations drop significantly and season ticket sales drop dramatically, and the school is losing money or not making much, then the heat will be turned up.  Until then, no.

100% agree.  The open question is how close is that to happening.  The Athletic Department closely monitors the ratio of 'basketball dollars spent/return on that investment'.  I've heard Bill speak of it personally.  And if you don't think that Lovell is an empirical stats junky.....

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #286 on: February 01, 2018, 09:30:25 AM »
I'd say its at about 4 on a 1 to 10 scale after last night.

If I am an AD or a President, there really are only too settings...on or off.  So there is endless patience until there isn't.  Most notably because of...

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #287 on: February 01, 2018, 09:32:50 AM »
The seat is ice cold.

Anyone who says otherwise is clueless, and that's putting it nicely.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #288 on: February 01, 2018, 10:06:52 AM »
Ice cold. Didn't even warm up yesterday. Not one degree.

Single game results no matta to coaching seats. Season results matta. Wojo goes 5-3 the rest of the way and he's met the season goal.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #289 on: February 01, 2018, 10:19:02 AM »
Zero warmth in season....we'll see where we are when the season ends.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #290 on: February 01, 2018, 10:25:58 AM »

Single game results no matta to coaching seats. Season results matta. Wojo goes 5-3 the rest of the way and he's met the season goal.
Exactly, season to season he has shown improvement every year.  If he gets us in the tournament this year, still very possible, it would also have to be considered improvement, when comparing experience difference from last year to this.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #291 on: February 01, 2018, 11:44:01 AM »
Looking at where the scholarship table sits, and how the classes have been balanced, I can't imagine why anyone would want to upend the program before the 2019-2020 season.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #292 on: February 01, 2018, 01:44:02 PM »
Warmer than it was yesterday.
#FakeNews
Goal is National Championship

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #293 on: February 01, 2018, 01:57:00 PM »
Absolutely agree.  I just watched the post game interview and I didn't think I could get anymore pissed off then I was last night, I was wrong...  wtf is his deal?
The one I saw he said no excuses it was all on him

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #294 on: February 01, 2018, 01:58:01 PM »
I bet it improves recruiting

1SE

• All American
« Reply #295 on: February 01, 2018, 02:09:15 PM »

But here's the thing. If SeatWarmth=f(SeasonResults), and SeasonResults=∑_i(Game_i), where SuccessfulSeason={1 if ∑_i(Game_i)>NCAA ticket (or NIT, or whatever your metric is)
                            {0 if ∑_i(Game_i)<NCAA entrance

then p(SuccessfulSeason) goes down after each loss. And seat warmth increases. If Vegas gave odds on Wojo getting fired (do they?) they should have gone up last night.

Now Tower may well be right that the move was from 0 to 1 kelvin, but I can't imagine too many of the top brass think the season is currently exceeding expectations. Maybe on expectations for some. Probably lower than expectations for others. Certainly higher probability of a top brass member thinking the season is currently trending below expectations than above.

Still time to turn it around (we go 8-0 on the way out and p(SuccessfulSeason)=1), but it's getting harder.

Really need the win Saturday.
Real Warriors Demand Excellence

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #296 on: February 01, 2018, 02:44:06 PM »

i completely agree this is how it should be...but i have seen powerful alum get pissed over specific games and situations where i think it does make a difference with administration. 

i always figured wojo was absolutely going to get next year, in part because you wouldn't want joey backing out.  joey decommitting isn't an option anymore...so i would imagine the MU gig might look nice to some coaches as the cabinet surely isn't empty and wojo leaving likely wouldn't result in players looking to leave/decommitt.  i still believe wojo is here for many more years...but if i'm an AD i would be thinking i have more to sell right now then i might ever have again, and you bring in someone who can coach and you should get instant results.  i also understand the cabinet is stocked because of wojo...

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #297 on: February 01, 2018, 02:51:38 PM »
But here's the thing. If SeatWarmth=f(SeasonResults), and SeasonResults=∑_i(Game_i), where SuccessfulSeason={1 if ∑_i(Game_i)>NCAA ticket (or NIT, or whatever your metric is)
                            {0 if ∑_i(Game_i)<NCAA entrance

then p(SuccessfulSeason) goes down after each loss. And seat warmth increases. If Vegas gave odds on Wojo getting fired (do they?) they should have gone up last night.

Now Tower may well be right that the move was from 0 to 1 kelvin, but I can't imagine too many of the top brass think the season is currently exceeding expectations. Maybe on expectations for some. Probably lower than expectations for others. Certainly higher probability of a top brass member thinking the season is currently trending below expectations than above.

Still time to turn it around (we go 8-0 on the way out and p(SuccessfulSeason)=1), but it's getting harder.

Really need the win Saturday.

Scary thing...I can follow this post a bit better than 4never's posts...

Goose

• All American
« Reply #298 on: February 01, 2018, 04:29:36 PM »
Dr. B

That made me laugh.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #299 on: February 01, 2018, 05:11:22 PM »
There is no excuse for our tram to be continually out coached. Our talent is better than our record.  The kids don’t look properly prepared.  Wojo doesn’t make the necessary adjustments during the game.  Our defense is plain awful.  It’s becoming obvious that while he’s a good recruiter, he is not a good coach.
In both Butler games you could see that Butler's players had quicker first steps and were quicker leapers. They also were better shooters. You will also see in the next game that the Providence players have a quicker first step and are quicker leapers.

Howard can really score, but there are reasons why he will not be on the Big East's first team. It is quite obvious that Villanova, Xavier, Butler, Seton Hall, Creighton and Providence have more talent than MU and that is why we will behind them in the Big East.

You can question Wojo's coaching ability if you want, but at least open your eyes to our talent level. It is not as good as you think it is.

In the end the coach is responsible for the talent level on his team and I would give Wojo a C- in recruiting,
because more than half the teams in the Big East have more talent than MU.