collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: MLB 2018 Season  (Read 499248 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: MLB 2018 Season
« Reply #4250 on: October 21, 2018, 03:40:21 PM »
Is Chicos invited to the Ausmus presser?  Obviously Cubs fan warriorsdad isn't.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #4251 on: October 21, 2018, 09:08:17 PM »
Dave Roberts has been stoic no matter what's going on in the game except with Grandal's latest fielding misadventure yesterday.  I wonder how long into the offseason he lasts with the Dodgers?

He is a free agent, so like 2 days past the WS.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #4252 on: October 21, 2018, 09:13:10 PM »
Great season by the Brewers.  I will always be appreciative of the way they caught and knocked off the Cubs. 

<Hat Tip>

If some of their guys that look like they could be dominant starting pitchers, turn out to be even good starting pitchers, well look out. 

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
« Reply #4253 on: October 22, 2018, 10:22:43 AM »
I was hoping Milwaukee would pull it off, and I don't think I talked to one Cubs fan who was rooting against the Brewers, (once the Cubs were eliminated).  They were a fun team to watch, and a great story.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #4254 on: October 22, 2018, 12:18:56 PM »
I was hoping Milwaukee would pull it off, and I don't think I talked to one Cubs fan who was rooting against the Brewers, (once the Cubs were eliminated).  They were a fun team to watch, and a great story.

Dave Roberts is my favorite manager in the game after Francona. I found myself more pulling for wanting to see the bullpenning strategy to blow up than rooting against the Brewers.

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
« Reply #4255 on: October 24, 2018, 11:56:28 AM »
With two gigantic markets and a Game 1 match-up of Kershaw and Sale, I thought last night would've drawn higher ratings.

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2018/10/world-series-ratings-game-one-overnights/

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #4256 on: October 24, 2018, 12:20:25 PM »
With two gigantic markets and a Game 1 match-up of Kershaw and Sale, I thought last night would've drawn higher ratings.

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2018/10/world-series-ratings-game-one-overnights/

Ehh its pretty standard around there. The Cub's one is huge because well, it was the Cubs.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #4257 on: October 24, 2018, 12:40:28 PM »

I don't know if this downward trend will ever change for baseball, but they have to do something about the timing and more importantly the length of these games.  If you live in the Eastern Time Zone you know you are going to have to go to midnight to see the finish of the game.  I am as big a baseball fan as there is, and I didn't watch a lot of the games not involving my favorite team because I made the calculation that sleep was more important.  I watch the World Series regardless of the participants, but if it's 5-0 in the 6th, there's a good chance I won't watch until the end.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #4258 on: October 24, 2018, 01:02:52 PM »
Baseball has to decide if it is going to stay with tradition and sacrifice the TV audience, or if its going to make substantial rule changes to quicken the pace of the game.  (And not simply fringe rules to quicken the pace of play.)  If it were four hours for a one-game championship, I'm all in.  Four hours a game for a possible seven games for two teams that I am neutral about?  It just doesn't hold my interest.

Tonight I'm watching the Bucks.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #4259 on: October 24, 2018, 11:34:26 PM »
I had rooting interest in the Brewers but I have little interest in this WS. I have watched a total of about 20 minutes of these first 2 games.

And I think I'm a fairly typical pro sports fan without rooting interest in either of the teams. The games are too long, the action is too little, and this felt like a Red Sox sweep even before Game 1.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #4260 on: October 25, 2018, 07:17:55 AM »
I had rooting interest in the Brewers but I have little interest in this WS. I have watched a total of about 20 minutes of these first 2 games.

And I think I'm a fairly typical pro sports fan without rooting interest in either of the teams. The games are too long, the action is too little, and this felt like a Red Sox sweep even before Game 1.

Haven't watched a second of the WS and probably won't.  Maybe sour grapes from the Brewers not making it, but Red Sox/Dodgers....meh.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #4261 on: October 25, 2018, 08:26:53 AM »
crew wouldve been the tougher series for the sox.  cant throw a pitcher twice through this sox lineup.  the lineup is so stacked and so good at making adjustments.  dodgers rely on their starters to go deep into games.  dont have the bullets out of the pen.

dont think anyone was beating the sox, but i think the crew couldve at least not complained about it being cold outside.

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
« Reply #4262 on: October 25, 2018, 09:43:09 AM »
The Red Sox are unnatural carnal knowledgeing stacked.  The Series doesn't look like it's coming back to Boston.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #4263 on: October 25, 2018, 09:55:30 AM »
I think the Sox would have handled the Brewers pretty easily too. 

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #4264 on: October 25, 2018, 10:00:28 AM »
Game, set, match, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #4265 on: October 25, 2018, 09:46:04 PM »
The Red Sox are unnatural carnal knowledgeing stacked.  The Series doesn't look like it's coming back to Boston.

I think it does go back to Boston.  Their bullpen will let them down in Los Angeles.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #4266 on: October 26, 2018, 08:02:48 AM »
I think it does go back to Boston.  Their bullpen will let them down in Los Angeles.

I do, too.  Tonight is the key.  LA has the pitching matchup advantage and get their lefty power bats in against Porcello, who is homer prone.  Dodger Stadium a much better HR park then Fenway, which is an advantage to the Dodgers, who are better HR hitters than the Sox.  Sox defense takes a hit with Martinez in right.  So I figure Dodgers win tonight, split the other two and the series goes back to Boston.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

MUBBau

• Team Captain
« Reply #4267 on: October 26, 2018, 08:28:31 AM »
Red Sox will sweep

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #4268 on: October 26, 2018, 09:27:18 AM »
I think the Sox would have handled the Brewers pretty easily too.

Anything can happen in a short series but I agree. Boston and Houston are the two best teams in baseball by a pretty wide margin. Brewers, Yankees, Dodgers, Indians, Cubs and A's pretty much equal in group two.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #4269 on: October 26, 2018, 03:04:28 PM »
Anything can happen in a short series but I agree. Boston and Houston are the two best teams in baseball by a pretty wide margin. Brewers, Yankees, Dodgers, Indians, Cubs and A's pretty much equal in group two.

I was surprised at the ease with which Boston dispatched the Astros. 

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #4270 on: October 26, 2018, 03:13:51 PM »
I was surprised at the ease with which Boston dispatched the Astros.

That HR call by umpire was a killer for them.  That game goes Astros way and who knows the outcome.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

MU82

• All American
« Reply #4271 on: October 26, 2018, 07:25:56 PM »
That HR call by umpire was a killer for them.  That game goes Astros way and who knows the outcome.

mmm-hmm
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

tower912

• All American
« Reply #4272 on: October 27, 2018, 07:41:01 AM »
An interesting stat this morning.    Last night's game lasted longer than the combined posted game times of the entire 1939 World Series.     
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #4273 on: October 27, 2018, 08:15:04 AM »
I went to bed at 1am after the Dodgers tied it. Unbelievable, 18 innings. Game ended at 2:30am. I just watched the homerun on the Fox Sports App.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #4274 on: October 27, 2018, 10:09:41 AM »
I went to bed at 1am after the Dodgers tied it. Unbelievable, 18 innings. Game ended at 2:30am. I just watched the homerun on the Fox Sports App.

Eovaldi was a stud.  He did an amazing job yesterday.  Muncy was the only guy that had a good look at him, at which I was amazed because his ABs in the extra inmimg Brewer game were terrible.