collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: MLB 2018 Season  (Read 498872 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: MLB 2018 Season
« Reply #4200 on: October 19, 2018, 11:19:22 PM »
Damn, Burnes had some sexy pitches tonight.

Gotta think everyone but Burnes and Miley will be available for tomorrow. Maybe not Knebel. Chacin may only be allowed to go three innings.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #4201 on: October 19, 2018, 11:20:57 PM »
Counsell learned something from game 1.  That is the way to manage the bullpen.

Game 1, brought in Hader in 5th inning despite up 5-1.  Wasted asset. Bad move.
Tonight, up 5-2 in the 5th inning, he holds tight.  Bullpen comes through. Hader available for 3 tomorrow.

Win the war, not the battle. 

“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #4202 on: October 19, 2018, 11:21:20 PM »
I'll take hader on normal use, or even 3 innings over Kershaw in relief.

Also hope Grandal starts.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #4203 on: October 19, 2018, 11:25:04 PM »
What a night tomorrow. Brewers On FS1. Oregon/Washington State on FOX. As Gameday going to Pullman for the first time ever. The original Gameday member Tim Brando calling it.

Sorry, got off track. Just didn't think this moment could come for the Brewers. Gives me chills that the Brewers are a game away from the World Series.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #4204 on: October 20, 2018, 01:12:06 AM »

Tonight, up 5-2 in the 5th inning, he holds tight.  Bullpen comes through. Hader available for 3 tomorrow.

You've been wrong all along.  Might as well continue with the false narrative.

Series never gets back to Milwaukee for game 6 if Counsel doesn't manage game 1 how he does.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #4205 on: October 20, 2018, 07:06:07 AM »
You've been wrong all along.  Might as well continue with the false narrative.

Series never gets back to Milwaukee for game 6 if Counsel doesn't manage game 1 how he does.

There’s no reason Hader couldn’t have come in (game 1), in the 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th in higher leverage situations. And win probability is updated with every batter. It isn’t looking back.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #4206 on: October 20, 2018, 07:56:24 AM »
Also hope Grandal starts.

Dave Roberts has been stoic no matter what's going on in the game except with Grandal's latest fielding misadventure yesterday.  I wonder how long into the offseason he lasts with the Dodgers? 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #4207 on: October 20, 2018, 08:26:37 AM »
There’s no reason Hader couldn’t have come in (game 1), in the 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th in higher leverage situations. And win probability is updated with every batter. It isn’t looking back.

So be reactive instead of proactive when you have a lead in game 1 of the NLCS facing one of the greatest pitchers ever? Sure, I guess. That’s the first thing I think I’d want to do. Give my opponent momentum immediately in the series.

We saw it play out. 4 pitchers came out of the pen in game 1 after Hader’s 3 scoreless innings over the final 2 innings of the game. 3 gave up at least 1 run. The fourth gave up 2 hits and got a single out. They had a runner 90 feet away from tying the game up...even with Hader having gone 3 scoreless innings.

How long would you and Chicos suggest the Brewers should’ve waited to use Hader in game 1? Tying run is on deck? 2 run game? Wait until the 8th inning regardless? Only throw him one inning each game?

When you’re in the Playoffs you can’t wait around to see if maybe your lesser players can hold a lead. When you have Kershaw on the line for a loss in game 1, you step on the throat. Hader hadn’t pitched in 5 days, and even that was a 7 pitch outing. He was pitching game 1. He had a historically good season out of the pen pitching one night and taking one night off. So Counsell, thankfully, rode him game 1 knowing he had to work, the Crew had to close that game out, and he was going to have game 2 and a travel day to rest. A really great job.

Came in with a game plan and here we are, one home game to go to a World Series. Amazing.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 08:28:27 AM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #4208 on: October 20, 2018, 08:45:12 AM »
I think everyone except Miley is available tonight.  And I'm sure Chacin is going more than 3 assuming he's on his game.  I'd anticipate him for 5+ followed by Knebel, Jeffress and Hader.  It would be great if the 3 relievers only need to get somewhere between 9-11 outs.  If they need a few more, my next choice would be Woody or possibly Soria.

Let me add that getting Jeffress in a little earlier seemed to work for him last night.  He was on his edge, not over it.  And his stuff was absolutely electric.  Sets him up well for tonight.

And how 'bout Burnes?  Kid wasn't even on the 40 out of Phoenix.  But has been lights out since his July promotion.  He'll have a regular rotation turn next year; just like Freddy.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #4209 on: October 20, 2018, 08:46:22 AM »
Dave Roberts has been stoic no matter what's going on in the game except with Grandal's latest fielding misadventure yesterday.  I wonder how long into the offseason he lasts with the Dodgers?

Monday?

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #4210 on: October 20, 2018, 10:04:31 AM »

That is correct, but the guy is digging in and cannot admit he is wrong.  Fortunately for the Brewers, Counsell has learned and not as stubborn as Wadesworld is.  This series could be over right now, but with the Brewers already on the way to the World Series.
— Plato

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #4211 on: October 20, 2018, 10:09:51 AM »
So be reactive instead of proactive when you have a lead in game 1 of the NLCS facing one of the greatest pitchers ever? Sure, I guess. That’s the first thing I think I’d want to do. Give my opponent momentum immediately in the series.

We saw it play out. 4 pitchers came out of the pen in game 1 after Hader’s 3 scoreless innings over the final 2 innings of the game. 3 gave up at least 1 run. The fourth gave up 2 hits and got a single out. They had a runner 90 feet away from tying the game up...even with Hader having gone 3 scoreless innings.

How long would you and Chicos suggest the Brewers should’ve waited to use Hader in game 1? Tying run is on deck? 2 run game? Wait until the 8th inning regardless? Only throw him one inning each game?

When you’re in the Playoffs you can’t wait around to see if maybe your lesser players can hold a lead. When you have Kershaw on the line for a loss in game 1, you step on the throat. Hader hadn’t pitched in 5 days, and even that was a 7 pitch outing. He was pitching game 1. He had a historically good season out of the pen pitching one night and taking one night off. So Counsell, thankfully, rode him game 1 knowing he had to work, the Crew had to close that game out, and he was going to have game 2 and a travel day to rest. A really great job.

Came in with a game plan and here we are, one home game to go to a World Series. Amazing.

Modified his game plan, fortunately, and here they are with a chance to win it all.  One could argue if he didn't blow it in game one, they would already be on their way to Boston with last night's game the clincher.  John Smoltz has been correct all along to question game one's move.

Yesterday's game setup the same way, he didn't make the mistake he made in game one. Didn't panic and overshoot, and look at where they are.  You continue to incorrectly say that what happened after Hader left would have happened if their positions of pitching were changed.  How someone with even average intelligence can do this is eye opening.  If you were to continue with this line of thinking, then outcomes in life would always be the same.  But we know in the real world they are not.  Baseball or any sport isn't that predictable.  Even if you played the game out the exact same way 100 times with the same pitching changes, the outcomes would not be the same, so why do you insist on your argument?  It's why a guy taking 100 shots from the same spot on the floor doesn't make them all, because nothing in sports (or life) is that consistent.

— Plato

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #4212 on: October 20, 2018, 10:11:18 AM »
Let me add that getting Jeffress in a little earlier seemed to work for him last night.  He was on his edge, not over it.  And his stuff was absolutely electric.  Sets him up well for tonight.

Agreed.  He wasn't hyperventilating as he had been in the earlier in the series and his breaking stuff stayed down in the strike zone.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #4213 on: October 20, 2018, 10:12:56 AM »
What a missed opportunity for the Brewers.  if only Chicos was the manager they would have swept already.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #4214 on: October 20, 2018, 10:15:17 AM »
Agreed.  He wasn't hyperventilating as he had been in the earlier in the series and his breaking stuff stayed down in the strike zone.

Exactly!  That was my point earlier, some of the guys that pitched at the back end in game 1 would have done better, different situation in the middle innings then the final innings.  Counsell is learning, and that's good for the Brewers.
— Plato

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #4215 on: October 20, 2018, 10:16:01 AM »
Front row Amy was on her A game last night, as well.
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #4216 on: October 20, 2018, 10:17:01 AM »
Exactly!  That was my point earlier, some of the guys that pitched at the back end in game 1 would have done better, different situation in the middle innings then the final innings.  Counsell is learning, and that's good for the Brewers.

Chicos just shut the F up!!
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #4217 on: October 20, 2018, 10:19:14 AM »

Wait. So we don’t know how the game would’ve played out...but we know how the game would’ve played out.

God I love Chicos. You make MUScoop great again bud.

Brewers didn’t need Hader to pitch game 1. They would’ve survived 3 more innings with guys who each gave up at least 1 run or gave up 2 hits to getting a single out. In a game the Brewers won by 1 and we saw how the pitchers Chicos says should’ve pitched over Hader, we can’t say they would’ve pitched the same way for 3 extra innings, but we can certainly say the Brewers win game 1!

In reality, games 1 and 2 saw every pitcher Chicos claims would’ve rolled through an extra 3 innings of work get lit up. But we can’t say that we know they’d continue to get lit up, everything would’ve been totally different because only Chicos, in his alternate reality, knows what the future held!

Lol.

PS Regarding my claim that you are a Kansas alum. Maybe each of your 3 personalities has a degree from a different school and when you were responding it wasn’t that personality’s moment in time. Lol. I’d say the same about each of your 3 personalities having a different username here to get around your bannings, but that’d make it like 14 usernames.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 10:28:38 AM by wadesworld »

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #4218 on: October 20, 2018, 10:33:47 AM »

Disagree. More like a Double D

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #4219 on: October 20, 2018, 10:41:11 AM »

Wearing the hot pink to overshadow the Marlins' guy in orange.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #4220 on: October 20, 2018, 10:46:19 AM »

He didn't "learn" anything.  Game 1 was intentionally a bull pen game.  He'd do the exact same thing if he had it over.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #4221 on: October 20, 2018, 10:56:11 AM »
Seriously, can you two take your argument somewhere else? Like a private PM.  Nobody else here gives a damn.  We understand your disagreement as your positions have been reiterated ad nauseam. Some of us would simply like to talk a little baseball during what is a high water mark in the 50 year history of our franchise.  I know there's an ignore button but please don't force all of us to refresh our memory as to how to do it.  Thanks in advance.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #4222 on: October 20, 2018, 11:34:46 AM »
Seriously, can you two take your argument somewhere else? Like a private PM.  Nobody else here gives a damn.  We understand your disagreement as your positions have been reiterated ad nauseam. Some of us would simply like to talk a little baseball during what is a high water mark in the 50 year history of our franchise.  I know there's an ignore button but please don't force all of us to refresh our memory as to how to do it.  Thanks in advance.

For the love of God +1.

It's like when that one idiot keeps ranting on the merits of Lebron.  No one wants to read that crap.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #4223 on: October 20, 2018, 01:01:57 PM »
Crean sucks
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #4224 on: October 20, 2018, 01:52:50 PM »

honestly a few people needed to be banned from this thread a while ago.