[Today at 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[Today at 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Section 106  (Read 23226 times)

That Guy

• Walk-On
Re: Section 106
« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2008, 05:19:40 PM »
We are by no means rating how big of a fan you are by how many beers you drink. We are rating how big of a man you are by how many beers you drink.

Yeah thats right im "That Guy" walking around with a stack of 5 cups in the second half.
"Did you see how many beers That Guy in front of us drank at the game?"

🏀

• All American
« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2008, 05:22:43 PM »
We are by no means rating how big of a fan you are by how many beers you drink. We are rating how big of a man you are by how many beers you drink.

Yeah thats right im "That Guy" walking around with a stack of 5 cups in the second half.

I don't have the bladder to pull that off unfortunately. And I certainly don't want all the Wisconsin creeps checking out my junk in the bathrooms. It's happened twice since 2004. I know it's good, but let me do my business.

maxpower773

• Starter
« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2008, 06:06:39 PM »
I really don't see the point of this thread. You're saying that people in 106 feel they are more important and don't drink.  Both are wrong, some of us just choose to spend our $7 before or after on more than one cup of beer, some aren't 21/don't have fakes, and I don't think a single person would think they feel more important (well most of us who usually sit down there at least, some people do just sit there to get on camera).  We just like the seats and getting there early, if we aren't there early for any reason then we just sit somewhere else, do you still dislike us then?  Its just odd seeing fans put down other fans, we all cheer for the same team so why does it matter how anyone does their cheering? (well except for that one drunk girl in 106, she needs to stop before someone goes blind from having to witness that) I'd worry less about fans that have no outcome on such things as turnovers by our team and our shooting percentage rather than the actual issues with our team or the positives.

mufan924

• Starter
  • we are marquette
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2008, 07:24:22 PM »
106 is probably the best angle or proximity to be on one of the cameras.

i dont understand how some people get their rocks off by being on the jumbotron.

hardcore fans drive down 15 or 20 hours and sacrifice their final grades to watch their

team play in the final four in new orleans.
"it's over...it's been over" -George Carlin

🏀

• All American
« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2008, 07:27:16 PM »

i dont understand how some people get their rocks off by being on the jumbotron.

hardcore fans drive down 15 or 20 hours and sacrifice their final grades to watch their

I would say many college student cannot afford such an adventure, but as we know some students are more well off than other according to posted pictures.

mufan924

• Starter
  • we are marquette
« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2008, 07:30:42 PM »
the point was driving 20 hours, not buying an elaborate costume and jumping in front of a television camera.
"it's over...it's been over" -George Carlin

🏀

• All American
« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2008, 07:35:49 PM »
the point was driving 20 hours, not buying an elaborate costume and jumping in front of a television camera.

Driving 20 hours is hardly a challenge. While NOLA is only a 15 hour drive, I don't know what you were smoking on the way down there.

I've spent more than 20 hours waiting to get inside for two Wisconsin games. What's the point? It's hardly a feat.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2008, 07:39:49 PM »

I would also like to state that 106 is hardly on the Jumbotron.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2008, 07:49:52 PM »
Can I ask a simple question?  One of the things I'm probably most proud of is instituting the General Admission policy for students back in 1998-99.  In fact some posters here were students then and very instrumental in helping to make that a reality.

So here's my question....my assumption is that section 106 is part of the general admission seating area is it not?  Are you guys saying the same people every single game, every single year have been in 106?  Or at least most of them?  How is this possible unless these same people get there each game hours ahead of time before anyone else.

Just asking...thanks.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2008, 07:56:19 PM »
Can I ask a simple question?  One of the things I'm probably most proud of is instituting the General Admission policy for students back in 1998-99.  In fact some posters here were students then and very instrumental in helping to make that a reality.

So here's my question....my assumption is that section 106 is part of the general admission seating area is it not?  Are you guys saying the same people every single game, every single year have been in 106?  Or at least most of them?  How is this possible unless these same people get there each game hours ahead of time before anyone else.

Just asking...thanks.

It's general admission. It's just generally the same people come times when people have to actually wait outside. Over break the section has been sketchy, with other people in it.

For the most part the same 70% of students are in the section. Mix in another 30% of random freshmen and Freeway, and you have 106.

MU_Freak

• Walk-On
« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2008, 08:08:56 PM »
I can't believe I just wasted all that time reading this thread.  Pointless.  Anyone care about the game Saturday?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #61 on: January 10, 2008, 08:25:59 PM »
I can't believe I just wasted all that time reading this thread.  Pointless.  Anyone care about the game Saturday?

I thought the thread was hilarious. Feel free to visit any of the ND related threads for insight on the game. Generally, when talking about subjects people put that in what we call the 'Subject' line. From there people generally discuss that 'Subject Topic'.

For example, 'Who will stop Luke Harangody' is discussing the gameplan around ND's best player, Luke Harangody.

'DJ update?' is the discussion about the status of DJ for Saturday's game.

'Section 106' is for discussing Section 106. If you had no interest, most people can determine that it does not interest them, thus they look elsewhere for the discussion that they would like to partake in.

If you have any other concerns about how a message board operates, feel free to ask!

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #62 on: January 10, 2008, 08:30:34 PM »

It's general admission. It's just generally the same people come times when people have to actually wait outside. Over break the section has been sketchy, with other people in it.

For the most part the same 70% of students are in the section. Mix in another 30% of random freshmen and Freeway, and you have 106.

Interesting.  Our goal in going to that system and abolishing the class seniority model was to improve student participation.  I have no doubt in my mind that this worked to various degrees.  The most rabid fans would get their early and be there often.  In addition, it incentivized Freshmen, Sophomores and Juniors to actually bother showing up and not feeling like they would have crap seats until they were Seniors.  Of course, the seniors that year weren't too thrilled with us.

I didn't imagine, however, that the same core group would be there time and time again.  Early bird gets the worm I suppose, but I was somewhat hopeful there would be a pretty good turnover there.  At the same time, if these students are getting their early enough to grab those seats, more power to them.

Tommy Brice for Coach

• Team Captain
  • Tommy Brice is my hero
« Reply #63 on: January 10, 2008, 09:40:15 PM »
I'm the only one honestly! And now I'm not, stopped after a year and a half. I also see how that has any relevance to what we're talking about.  I can't say how the RA's that you had treated you or how they enforced the rules but it isn't the same across the board. Chunken was my resident as were others that post here. Ask them about myself if you really think I'm that much of a stuck up prick! It's ppl that post crap like that which make these boards seem to have gone right down the crapter. We're supposed to start discussion about the team, the games, the atmospheres. I don't see why the personal bashing is necessary.

You were the worst RA ever and one of the worst fans of MU Bball in my opinion.
..Just Kidding!

MUWarrior87 is a good guy... he isn't stuck up! I sat with him many times last year in 224 and I had a great time. He was one of the people who really got my interested in MU Bball. I mean, seriously, imagine how hard it is to convince a Freshman to go to the BC at 6 AM in December to wait for a seat for the MU v. UW game. Unfortunately, this year I have had to show up to games at all sorts of times due to classes and work, so I have sat all over the place, otherwise I would probably try to sit in 106.

As for the drinking vs. not drinking at games debate - I don't think either makes you a better or worse fan. I personally don't like being intoxicated too much for big games (I like to really follow the action), but for those cupcakes sometimes you've gotta find a way to make 'em interesting  ;)

MU gimp ONE

• Team Captain
« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2008, 10:18:58 PM »
OK, here is how i see it...

1) yes there are kids that sit in section 106 that act like they are better than other fans.
2) it's very simple for a select few to ruin the image for all, we discuss that on here all the time about ND fans, perception is a b!tch deal with it. 
3) That Guy is quickly becoming one of the best posters on here, atleast he keeps it real
4) Why are we not allowed to critique fans?  some say you can't because they are there trying to help the team win...  Then why do people on here get to critique the players, they too are kids trying to help the team win.
5) beer plays an important part of the game for some, not so much for others.  I for one feel it is important especially during those games diener's senior year when he was out injured.  i spent way more money on beer during those games.
6) 106 does not have a good view unless you call seeing the game through Male-leaders megaphones good.
7) the only time i have realized I'm agreeing with marqptm is when he explained how a message board works... well said, if you don't like the subject... don't read.
8) boy, that grabowski kid really must have got his zippered jammed to miss the 2nd half of the UWM game.
9) Go Marquette, kick some Irish ass
10) can i hear more from "that guy" and talltitan better get the students doing the dannnnn fitzzzz-geralddddd yell this saturday.
"You know, most people would kill... to be treated like a god, just for a few moments." - Coach Norman Dale

MU gimp ONE

• Team Captain
« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2008, 10:23:00 PM »
i believe Dean Martin best summed up the importance on drinking when he said...

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."

Umm... that's my signature, I'm pretty sure it was Sinatra.

marqptm if it is sinatra then im sorry, however there are quite a few sources that list it as dean martin.  i have included one for your review... http://www.quotesandpoem.com/quotes/showquotes/author/dean-martin/25182
"You know, most people would kill... to be treated like a god, just for a few moments." - Coach Norman Dale

jutaw22mu

• All American
« Reply #66 on: January 10, 2008, 10:47:44 PM »
i was sitting in the section behind 106 for the providence game.  drunk girl was obnoxious and somehow got a head poster which she was holding up when she shouldnt have been. 

anyway, i noticed 3 guys sitting in that section who had their camera phones out pointed right at her.  i wonder if the guy on the board who has video of her was one of those guys. 

by the way, this thread is absolutely ridiculous.  and some of you guys expect way too much out of women, especially judging the way most of you look.  that is all.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 10:51:07 PM by jutaw22mu »

chapman

• All American
« Reply #67 on: January 10, 2008, 11:31:28 PM »
i was sitting in the section behind 106 for the providence game.  drunk girl was obnoxious and somehow got a head poster which she was holding up when she shouldnt have been. 

anyway, i noticed 3 guys sitting in that section who had their camera phones out pointed right at her.  i wonder if the guy on the board who has video of her was one of those guys. 

by the way, this thread is absolutely ridiculous.  and some of you guys expect way too much out of women, especially judging the way most of you look.  that is all.

I know I found her attractive.  I'm not sure if it was her obnoxious drunken behavior, those hot dance moves, or all that cushin' for the pushin' but I'm definitely leaving the Notre Dame game with her.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #68 on: January 11, 2008, 12:15:27 AM »
I have a great idea.  Why don't all students start to sit anywhere EXCEPT Section 106 so that the LAST people to show up, who are CLEARLY the WORST fans (that is not a serious statement) have to sit in that section and are the stuck up people.  And so that I can come in whenever I want and get a great seat to the game...I don't mind being viewed as stuck up by a bunch of people who don't know a thing about me except that I sit in a section close to the floor.
"Be who you are and say what you want because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #69 on: January 11, 2008, 01:37:11 AM »

Driving 20 hours is hardly a challenge. While NOLA is only a 15 hour drive, I don't know what you were smoking on the way down there.

I've spent more than 20 hours waiting to get inside for two Wisconsin games. What's the point? It's hardly a feat.

Do you expect someone on here to come find you and pat you on the back for trying to sound like you're a big deal because you stood outside for a few games?

I am glad I started this post because it's just proving that the people in 106 really do feel like they are better than the rest of us. You all know who each other are and call other people "sketchy" who only sit there once or twice a year. What a bunch of d-bags.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #70 on: January 11, 2008, 01:57:13 AM »
I tried to stay out of this pissing match, but I gotta put my two cents in. I sat in 106 every single game for four years. I met a lot of great people who were regulars in that section, I also enjoyed having a group of friends to go to the games with. There are some great fans in 106, they get there very early, game in and game out, that's dedication. There are great fans all over the student section.

The gameday thing was something MU was not prepared for. I guess you could count me as one of the "d-bags" trying to keep an eye on the line, because for most of the time there was only one DPS officer there. The officer that was there wanted to have a few students help her out, as there were 400+ students and one officer. The BC did not let us wait on grounds, we went and asked the Arena security if we could wait across the street, and they agreed as long as we were on the sidewalk. There were two issues- most importantly keeping people safe since there were a lot of drunk people wandering onto State St. Second, we wanted to make sure things were somewhat orderly when it came to getting people across the street when the time came to line up. Gwaki and I spoke with BC security and DPS and got them to call more DPS and MPD officers over to make sure everything went smoothly and no one who was there early got screwed. If that makes us "d-bags," fair enough.

I really don't understand the hostility with some people here. If you think the people in 106 are stuck-up and you don't want to sit there, that's great. Cheer your ass off in another section and get others to do the same. I'll be doing that in Section 428, with a cold Miller product in hand.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 02:12:46 AM by MUfan12 »

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #71 on: January 11, 2008, 08:35:05 AM »
If that makes us "d-bags," fair enough.

I'm 99% sure you aren't the guy people are calling out. 

PuertoRicanNightmare

« Reply #72 on: January 11, 2008, 08:40:57 AM »
Where did the idea of wearing costumes come from? I just don't understand it, unless you're trying to get on the jumbotron, which seems a colossal waste of energy.

By the way, the WORST costume I've ever seen at an MU game is the one TallTitan wears. How embarrassing.

jutaw22mu

• All American
« Reply #73 on: January 11, 2008, 08:41:57 AM »

I know I found her attractive.  I'm not sure if it was her obnoxious drunken behavior, those hot dance moves, or all that cushin' for the pushin' but I'm definitely leaving the Notre Dame game with her.

i was not saying that you had to find her attractive.  im just saying all the guys calling her fat....i dont think she was fat at all, she was probably about average for her height.  you guys all seem to have ridiculous expectations of women, while most of you guys in 106 are scrawny with hardly any muscle.

i prefer to sit in the upper deck of the student section to be honest.  i never had 4+ hours in a day to devote to waiting in line, so i always show up 20 minutes before game time.  the upperdeck is the best because you have a view of everything on the court and your view isnt blocked by people in front of you.  

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #74 on: January 11, 2008, 08:52:08 AM »
to each his own.

and prn, agreed!! ;D what is TT thinking wearing that thing?!?

feedback