collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Section 106  (Read 23225 times)

skianth16

• All American
Section 106
« on: January 10, 2008, 01:17:11 PM »
I'm just wondering how everyone else feels about the students who sit right behind the basket?

Personally, Im a huge Marquette fan and I go to every game and consider myself a dedicated fan (2 road trips to the east coast last season) But I just can't stand most of the kids that sit down there. They seem to feel like they are more important than the rest of us and try to control the student section during games.

And has anyone ever seen ANY of them have a beer during the game? Just throwin that out there...

Gwaki

• All American
Re: Section 106
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 01:21:10 PM »
We who sit in 106 do not feel any better than the other people, at least the dedicated group of us.  We are there to enjoy the game, harrass the other team, and to help with the cheers.  To say we try to control the student section is crazy, the people in teh section change way to much for any control to be established.  And yes people do have beers during the game while sitting down there.

But I do agree with you too.  Some of the people who sit down there are total stuck up jerks who have no care but to get on TV or the Jumbotron.   

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 01:25:34 PM »
I have been sitting in section 106 for the last four years.  The people in that section have been amazing fans through the years.

This year, however, I'll admit the climate has changed.  A big loss was the graduation of MUFan12's group.  They were among the greatest I've seen in that section.

I'd expect though, as the bigger games come along (I mean UWM has been the biggest home game to date) you will see the real fans back in section 106.  Right now you can get to the game after the doors open and walk right into 106.  Wait until the campouts start.  That should weed out some of the fair weather fans.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 01:32:22 PM »
I have been sitting in section 106 for the last four years.  The people in that section have been amazing fans through the years.

This year, however, I'll admit the climate has changed.  A big loss was the graduation of MUFan12's group.  They were among the greatest I've seen in that section.

I'd expect though, as the bigger games come along (I mean UWM has been the biggest home game to date) you will see the real fans back in section 106.  Right now you can get to the game after the doors open and walk right into 106.  Wait until the campouts start.  That should weed out some of the fair weather fans.

You just proved my point. 106ers feel like they are more important than other fans. I'm not sure why you think that people who don't come 6 hours early to a Savannah State game are fairweather fans. They see just as much basketball as the people who are there early

Tribby

• Starter
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008, 01:36:20 PM »
Am I the only one who finds it a bit bizarre that some on this board measure a fan's dedication by the number of beers they drink? I've been to a dozen or more games every year for the past eight years and I think I've had a combined total of like 6 beers across those 100+ games ...

That rant aside, yes, I too have always found the 106 folks to be a little uppity about themselves.

Djgoldnboy

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2008, 01:41:38 PM »
I will have had 6 beers by halftime of the ND game, I can't wait.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2008, 01:42:53 PM »
I have sat there in the past, but haven't at all this year.  Unless you're going to the game with only one or two other people you still have to get there early.  If the price of beer was half of what it is that would be fine but now you would either have to be willing to spend an extra $14 to sit in 106 or lose your buzz, which is also pretty terrible.  Plus the view in 106 isn't the best.  In the other sections only a really tall person will obstruct your view, but in 106 just about anyone in front of you can block your view.

Most of the students in 106 are devoted fans who like being in that section and are the loudest fans in the place.  But I will agree some think they are better.  I know during the campout games last year, despite numerous security and police there, some of them found the need to direct others on how to line up and how they should behave, which really got on the nerves of a lot of other students.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2008, 01:44:09 PM »
Am I the only one who finds it a bit bizarre that some on this board measure a fan's dedication by the number of beers they drink? I've been to a dozen or more games every year for the past eight years and I think I've had a combined total of like 6 beers across those 100+ games ...

That rant aside, yes, I too have always found the 106 folks to be a little uppity about themselves.

haha I wasn't talking about dedication having anything to do with drinking beer, but I think that some of the people down there are just a little bit...different, partly because I never see them enjoying a delicious 7 dollar BC MGD

Tribby

• Starter
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2008, 01:44:57 PM »
I will have had 6 beers by halftime of the ND game, I can't wait.
And more power to you, I just don't get why beer consumption or lack thereof comes up in these discussions at all ...

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2008, 01:47:04 PM »
No.  What I am saying is that when the real games start the drunk girl whose thong is sticking out (and not looking attractive by the way) will be gone along with some of the other ass clowns.  The people who see 0, 4, 42, and 45 on the scoreboard and think Scott, Hazel, Brice, and Fronzea are starting will be gone.  The people who still can't figure out Ring Out Ahoya will be gone.  These are the people I am refrencing.  I would say I feel like I am more of a fan than these people.  

We like sitting by the court in 106 so we come early.  It doesn't mean I think I am better than the fans in the lower bowl or upper deck.  It's simply we want our low seats so we come early.  

Also where does Grabowski and his group sit now?  That guy was awesome.  Always had hilarious comments, a stack of beer cups, and a love of DAN FITTZZ-GEERRRRRRALLLLLDDDDD.    

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2008, 01:50:00 PM »
I know during the campout games last year, despite numerous security and police there, some of them found the need to direct others on how to line up and how they should behave, which really got on the nerves of a lot of other students.

My group sits in 106 but we all agree with that.  My group didn't like that either.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2008, 01:50:11 PM »
I have sat there in the past, but haven't at all this year.  Unless you're going to the game with only one or two other people you still have to get there early.  If the price of beer was half of what it is that would be fine but now you would either have to be willing to spend an extra $14 to sit in 106 or lose your buzz, which is also pretty terrible.  Plus the view in 106 isn't the best.  In the other sections only a really tall person will obstruct your view, but in 106 just about anyone in front of you can block your view.

Most of the students in 106 are devoted fans who like being in that section and are the loudest fans in the place.  But I will agree some think they are better.  I know during the campout games last year, despite numerous security and police there, some of them found the need to direct others on how to line up and how they should behave, which really got on the nerves of a lot of other students.

I agree that they're devoted fans, I saw a lot of them at the tournament last year in NC, but you're right about the campout. Last year on Gameday, they were trying to police the rest of the students which was really annoying.

I just went to talk to a friend who had camped out and they got all jittery and nervous because I was standing near them... give me a break

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2008, 01:56:46 PM »
No.  What I am saying is that when the real games start the drunk girl whose thong is sticking out (and not looking attractive by the way) will be gone along with some of the other ass clowns.  The people who see 0, 4, 42, and 45 on the scoreboard and think Scott, Hazel, Brice, and Fronzea are starting will be gone.  The people who still can't figure out Ring Out Ahoya will be gone.  These are the people I am refrencing.  I would say I feel like I am more of a fan than these people.  

Sounds pretty uppity to me.

And who is every upset with a drunk girl showing off the goodies?

chapman

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2008, 02:01:55 PM »
Sounds pretty uppity to me.

If it was the same game; I wasn't in 106, but I could see a drunk girl obnoxiously dancing around who was the size of two drunk girls.  Not upsetting, just somewhat disturbing.

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2008, 02:02:23 PM »
I just went to talk to a friend who had camped out and they got all jittery and nervous because I was standing near them... give me a break

Yeah, I think a few of us got in trouble for talking to a friend, the kid also claimed he was talking to BC security.  I know exactly who you speak of...don't let a few kids on a power trip get ya down!!

I sat behind her at the PC game....most girls I would enjoy the goodies...this one gave me nightmares!

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2008, 02:05:17 PM »
Robmufan had it the worst when she dropped her basketball and had to bend down to pick it up.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2008, 02:06:30 PM »

Yeah, I think a few of us got in trouble for talking to a friend, the kid also claimed he was talking to BC security.  I know exactly who you speak of...don't let a few kids on a power trip get ya down!!

Yeah, that's true. Not everyone down there is the same. But The first two or three rows plus a few others need to get off their high horse

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2008, 02:10:16 PM »

Yeah, that's true. Not everyone down there is the same. But The first two or three rows plus a few others need to get off their high horse

AGREED!!!!

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2008, 02:29:23 PM »

Just to point out the irony, by calling them out wouldn't you have to be sitting on a high horse?

Seriously, fans who cheer are all ok by me.  Forget the power trips (or lack thereof)...just go to the games an scream your ass off.  There's 18,000 other fans that will join you.  Personally you may not like all 18,000, but you can all agree on wanting Marquette to get a W - and do your part to "help" the team.

NateDoggMarq

• Starter
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2008, 02:39:32 PM »
I'm just wondering how everyone else feels about the students who sit right behind the basket?

Personally, Im a huge Marquette fan and I go to every game and consider myself a dedicated fan (2 road trips to the east coast last season) But I just can't stand most of the kids that sit down there. They seem to feel like they are more important than the rest of us and try to control the student section during games.

And has anyone ever seen ANY of them have a beer during the game? Just throwin that out there...

I thought I was the only person who observed this but yea they dont drink beer and I have never seen any of them at any road games.

The true test of a fan is getting to road games.  Any one get to to a home-game but to miss work and lug your ass to Morgantown which sucked this time because the hot co-eds were still off on break that deserves a kudos's

You Skianth are a true MU fan.
In fact if you are still a student my sloppy alumni group could use a sloppy person like you help the legend live on!!

Tribby

• Starter
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2008, 02:42:54 PM »

I thought I was the only person who observed this but yea they dont drink beer and I have never seen any of them at any road games.

Seriously. What's with the beer thing? Anybody care to explain this to me? Who cares if they're drinking or not?

Strokin 3s

• Team Captain
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2008, 02:55:07 PM »

Seriously. What's with the beer thing? Anybody care to explain this to me? Who cares if they're drinking or not?

Let me explain it to you Tribby... BEER! beer beer beer beer beer....BEER!

MUWarrior11

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2008, 03:02:15 PM »
Tribby, I dont understand the beer thing either.  To me it is just completely irrelevant.  Anyone have an answer to tribby's question? Why did this even come up on this thread, and why is it being brought back up over and over again?

Anyways, I am just curious...  How early is everyone getting to the game Saturday?

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2008, 03:05:58 PM »

Just to point out the irony, by calling them out wouldn't you have to be sitting on a high horse?

Seriously, fans who cheer are all ok by me.  Forget the power trips (or lack thereof)...just go to the games an scream your ass off.  There's 18,000 other fans that will join you.  Personally you may not like all 18,000, but you can all agree on wanting Marquette to get a W - and do your part to "help" the team.

I may be on a high horse right now, but this is just one time. I don't act this way every game. But something should be said to these clowns to knock them down a few pegs.

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2008, 03:09:52 PM »
Tribby, I dont understand the beer thing either.  To me it is just completely irrelevant.  Anyone have an answer to tribby's question? Why did this even come up on this thread, and why is it being brought back up over and over again?

Anyways, I am just curious...  How early is everyone getting to the game Saturday?

I agree. How does drinking at the game make you a better fan? Don't get me wrong, I've always got a cold one in hand, but that doesn't mean I look down on those who choose not to overpay for beer.

feedback