collapse

* Recent Posts

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 03:31:34 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 03:21:55 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 02:07:56 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[Today at 01:37:41 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Section 106  (Read 23224 times)

MU gimp ONE

• Team Captain
Re: Section 106
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2008, 03:16:21 PM »
i believe Dean Martin best summed up the importance on drinking when he said...

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."
"You know, most people would kill... to be treated like a god, just for a few moments." - Coach Norman Dale

That Guy

• Walk-On
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2008, 03:19:08 PM »
I agree, I used to sit next to grabowski in the front row of section 225. Which is way better than 106. You got a clear shot of the whole court and you are slightly off to the side a little. I loved those seats way better, the one game we stole the front row of 106 and I think about 10 kids started crying bc we "cheated" and came through the back door 5 mins before they let the students in.

For me, the game is about cheering on Marquette. And a big part of that for me and my friends is to consume as many $7 Brasco's as we can. I can honeslty say I am one of those people that have a great time at the game when I am hammered, and just a good time when I am sober.

Back in the day (when i was a freshman and buying beers with the worst fake id in the world) damn near EVERY student in the student section had a beer. I favor it because it gets the place MORE rowdy. Whatever it takes to make that place as loud as possible Im all for it. Definitely helped to an undefeated season at home that year.

Thats fine if you dont want to drink, that means more for me and my degenerate friends.
GO MARQUETTE

Notre Dame is French for OUR B!TCH - be on the look out for Grabo's shirts this weekend ladies.
"Did you see how many beers That Guy in front of us drank at the game?"

That Guy

• Walk-On
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2008, 03:23:03 PM »
Oh and please dont tell me the DANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN FITTTTTTTZZZZZZZZZZZZZZGERRRRRRRALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLD! chant is gone, if we lose that what more do we have?

PS - if you go to the game on Saturday, spirit fingers during free throws gotta go, its all about the thumbs up

Strokin 3s

• Team Captain
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2008, 03:24:02 PM »
Could not agree more than with the above two posts.  And for those of you that are complaining about the price of beer at the BC the cups are either 20 or 24 oz.  So when you pay 3.50 at the bar for beer is it such a rip off then?  As a "young" alumnus I can even afford it.

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2008, 03:25:59 PM »
So when you pay 3.50 at the bar for beer is it such a rip off then?

Are we talking pint or bottle?!?!

Tribby

• Starter
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2008, 03:29:35 PM »
Could not agree more than with the above two posts.  And for those of you that are complaining about the price of beer at the BC the cups are either 20 or 24 oz.  So when you pay 3.50 at the bar for beer is it such a rip off then?  As a "young" alumnus I can even afford it.
I'm not complaining about the price of beer, nor am I criticizing those who are perpetually double-fisting ... I just prefer to watch the game sober, and I don't understand how that apparently makes me less of a fan in the eyes of some.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2008, 03:33:13 PM »
Notre Dame is French for OUR B!TCH - be on the look out for Grabo's shirts this weekend ladies.

I love That Guy!  Another great shirt of yours is the Marquette thumbs  up, Cincinnati middle finger.

We need more of those guys and Grabowskis out there.

MU gimp ONE

• Team Captain
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2008, 03:33:39 PM »
I'm not complaining about the price of beer, nor am I criticizing those who are perpetually double-fisting ... I just prefer to watch the game sober, and I don't understand how that apparently makes me less of a fan in the eyes of some.

tribby, im sorry but the combination of mainstream media and the george bush administration has brainwashed this country to look down on people that do not alter their mental state with some sort of chemical in any form.  you are fighting a losing battle.  ha  

i blame the schools
"You know, most people would kill... to be treated like a god, just for a few moments." - Coach Norman Dale

That Guy

• Walk-On
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2008, 03:37:46 PM »
Grabowski and I talked about making more shirts for this game but then we realized we arent college students anymore.....Meaning: if we are selling those shirts and someone doesnt agree with them knowing our luck we would get arrested for peddling.

We went so far as to even see how much a license cost so we could sell outside the BC. Definitely would have cut into the profits. we have our shirts and will be sporting them on saturday.

Grabo - think of some better ideas that wont get us arrested
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 03:41:07 PM by That Guy »

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2008, 03:41:08 PM »
I am the fro'ed out one in the first couple rows. Have been in 106 the past two years and the first row of 224 prior to that.  I may be one of the ppl you are claiming thinks he's better than the others because I try to start cheers when the cheerleaders aren't and try to get the rest of the crowd going.  I don't see myself as better than other fans, I just try to do my part to get the rest of the crowd into it.  I also made the trip to ND last year and would have been at Depaul as well had my RA responsibilities not restricted me from going.  I don't appreciate our group being called out for such things as people thinking we have power trips. We are there to enjoy the game and I am there to try and get others involved in cheering. Call me a douche if you feel so inclined, whatever.

I am also 20 and not of legal drinking age as are some of the others who have seats down there with myself and that is one reason you don't see us drinking. It's kinda hard for the boxing brothers to hold a beer and some of us, myself included, would rather see the game sober than drink 2 or 3 or more beers from the BC.

Strokin 3s

• Team Captain
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2008, 03:50:03 PM »

I am also 20 and not of legal drinking age as are some of the others who have seats down there with myself and that is one reason you don't see us drinking. It's kinda hard for the boxing brothers to hold a beer and some of us, myself included, would rather see the game sober than drink 2 or 3 or more beers from the BC.

Wow statements like this take me back to Schroeder and then back to McCormick how thankful I am for my freshman year (2nd Semester) RA.  Made it all possible.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 03:53:56 PM by Strokin 3s »

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2008, 03:57:03 PM »

I love That Guy!  Another great shirt of yours is the Marquette thumbs  up, Cincinnati middle finger.

We need more of those guys and Grabowskis out there.

I thought the shirt was the index finger showing MU is #1 and then on the back the cincinnati and the middle finger...could be wrong though!

But in fact we need more grabowskis out there, guy is hilarious...i remember him coming down the stairs from the UWM game (and i quote):
"who won i was in the bathroom...couldn't get out, the zipper got stuck"

That Guy

• Walk-On
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2008, 04:12:30 PM »
And his loud voice in the front row was always key, I think the refs really heard him when he would shout "GET OFF YOUR KNEES REF YOU'RE BLOWING THE GAME"

I mean who else is going to dress up like the Hamburglar and go to a game? What was the connection of us dressing like Ronald McDonald and the Hamburglar, I couldnt tell ya. The answer could only be the real theme of this thread....BEER.

MU gimp ONE

• Team Captain
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2008, 04:18:59 PM »
And his loud voice in the front row was always key, I think the refs really heard him when he would shout "GET OFF YOUR KNEES REF YOU'RE BLOWING THE GAME"

I mean who else is going to dress up like the Hamburglar and go to a game? What was the connection of us dressing like Ronald McDonald and the Hamburglar, I couldnt tell ya. The answer could only be the real theme of this thread....BEER.

"Beer, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems!!!"

atleast ronald and the hambuglar had a sign that said "Marquette Basketball... I'm Lovin' It."

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2008, 04:27:46 PM »
i knew some of those winners down there were RAs! shocker!

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2008, 04:34:08 PM »
Actual picture of That Guy

That Guy

• Walk-On
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2008, 04:35:59 PM »
Close but I had the wig on and everything. It was classic. I think I still have the costume in a bag somewhere.

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2008, 04:41:04 PM »
I'm the only one honestly! And now I'm not, stopped after a year and a half. I also see how that has any relevance to what we're talking about.  I can't say how the RA's that you had treated you or how they enforced the rules but it isn't the same across the board. Chunken was my resident as were others that post here. Ask them about myself if you really think I'm that much of a stuck up prick! It's ppl that post crap like that which make these boards seem to have gone right down the crapter. We're supposed to start discussion about the team, the games, the atmospheres. I don't see why the personal bashing is necessary.

spartan3186

• All American
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2008, 04:42:19 PM »
Maybe Im in the minority but I don't see the point in bashing people who are there cheering every game. Im a senior now and every other year I have not been in 106, choosing rather to get there an hour before the game so I could get lowers. This being my last year I decided to come down early for game and have been sitting in the front row. I resent the notion that I am "uppity" because I sit in the front row.

In response to some other criticism. I do indeed drink at the games, albeit not to get hammered I save that for the bars after, I prefer to remember the games. I also have been to numerous road games including Madison and NC for the tourney.

Like I said there is no reason to critisize people who get there early, it is totally pointless. If you don't like it fine but there is no reason to voice it. This entire thread is ridiculous.

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2008, 04:43:35 PM »
It's not personal bashing, I see it as more of suggestions.  And anyways, we were talking about beer and that guy and that ronald mcdonald costume.  You brought it back up

🏀

• All American
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2008, 04:54:21 PM »
I have sat there in the past, but haven't at all this year.  Unless you're going to the game with only one or two other people you still have to get there early.  If the price of beer was half of what it is that would be fine but now you would either have to be willing to spend an extra $14 to sit in 106 or lose your buzz, which is also pretty terrible.  Plus the view in 106 isn't the best.  In the other sections only a really tall person will obstruct your view, but in 106 just about anyone in front of you can block your view.

Most of the students in 106 are devoted fans who like being in that section and are the loudest fans in the place.  But I will agree some think they are better.  I know during the campout games last year, despite numerous security and police there, some of them found the need to direct others on how to line up and how they should behave, which really got on the nerves of a lot of other students.

I just went to talk to a friend who had camped out and they got all jittery and nervous because I was standing near them... give me a break

Plenty of the kids in 106 are jittery and nervous all the time.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2008, 04:55:33 PM »
I just went to talk to a friend who had camped out and they got all jittery and nervous because I was standing near them... give me a break

Yeah, I think a few of us got in trouble for talking to a friend, the kid also claimed he was talking to BC security.  I know exactly who you speak of...don't let a few kids on a power trip get ya down!!

And who is every upset with a drunk girl showing off the goodies?

I sat behind her at the PC game....most girls I would enjoy the goodies...this one gave me nightmares!

I have video that can be posted of this girl. It's rated "F" for Fat.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 05:00:35 PM by marqptm »

🏀

• All American
« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2008, 04:56:30 PM »
i believe Dean Martin best summed up the importance on drinking when he said...

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."

Umm... that's my signature, I'm pretty sure it was Sinatra.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2008, 04:58:59 PM »
i knew some of those winners down there were RAs! shocker!

Oh man, that's classic.

jaybilaswho?

• All American
« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2008, 05:07:52 PM »
i typically have at least one beer at a game, or go and get a coke and put a little of "grandpa's cough syrup" into it. however i dont feel like drinking at the game dictates your worth as a fan. rather it shows what kind of MU student you are- drinker or nondrinker.

whose to say that they are not drinking in their tents of getting bombed before they went to the game. this show the smarts of MU kids. Getting drunk at home costs less then two large MGD's at the BC. it is clear that these kids are all economics majors.
"A team should be an extension of a coach's personality. My teams are arrogant and obnoxious." Al McGuire