[Today at 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[Today at 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Section 106  (Read 23227 times)

Strokin 3s

• Team Captain
Re: Section 106
« Reply #75 on: January 11, 2008, 08:52:46 AM »
The gameday thing was something MU was not prepared for. I guess you could count me as one of the "d-bags" trying to keep an eye on the line, because for most of the time there was only one DPS officer there. The officer that was there wanted to have a few students help her out, as there were 400+ students and one officer. The BC did not let us wait on grounds, we went and asked the Arena security if we could wait across the street, and they agreed as long as we were on the sidewalk.

Are you serious?  You asked arena security if you could stand on a public sidewalk across the street from the BC which they have nothing to do with and they actually said YES?  Man that is amazing, I would've guessed it would've been something more along the lines of, "I don't give a crap whatever you guys do as long as its not on BC property".  This teachers pet, brown nosing attitude is what people are questioning.

jaybilaswho?

• All American
« Reply #76 on: January 11, 2008, 08:58:16 AM »
best seat in the house... second level, first row. reason: foot/beer rests and you dont have to stand the whole time.

while we are judging fans let me ask this... does it make you less of a fan to want to sit and watch the game?

i dont mind standing the whole time, but sometimes you just want to sit and enjoy yourself with of course an ice cold miller product.
"A team should be an extension of a coach's personality. My teams are arrogant and obnoxious." Al McGuire

That Guy

• Walk-On
« Reply #77 on: January 11, 2008, 09:14:12 AM »
I do miss the student section, but I definitely do not miss the mass amounts of overhand HJ's that sit down there. Guess what? I was a huge MU fan my 4 years there too and guess what? No one was there waiting for me at the end of it with a plaque or medal to reward me for all my great cheering. I can honestly say I think some of the kids in 106 act that way just to be acknowledged. And that is why I am not going to post again, bc I dont feel the need to acknowledge someone who claims they are a huge fan by how many minutes they wait outside the BC or by how many miles they drive to see the team. We are all alumni or students, we are all fans.

I am going to be with my friends at the game, friends I love watching the game with who all believe the more beers we drink the bigger the fans we are.....and that is how you truly measure this debate. Not by miles or minutes.

Im done reading all of this crap, I just wasted 10 more minutes of my day. If you want to talk to me ill be the drunk jerk walking around the BC tomorrow with my "French for Our B!tch" tshirt on and yelling DANNNNNNNN FITZZZZZZZZZGERAAAAAAALLLLDD" from the tank.
"Did you see how many beers That Guy in front of us drank at the game?"

jaybilaswho?

• All American
« Reply #78 on: January 11, 2008, 09:27:27 AM »
[quote/]

I am going to be with my friends at the game, friends I love watching the game with who all believe the more beers we drink the bigger the fans we are.....and that is how you truly measure this debate. Not by miles or minutes.

[/quote]

I want to modify this statement because i think you missed possible the best line ever: "and that is how you truly measure this debate. Not by miles or minutes, but by Millers."
"A team should be an extension of a coach's personality. My teams are arrogant and obnoxious." Al McGuire

mufan924

• Starter
  • we are marquette
« Reply #79 on: January 11, 2008, 09:38:34 AM »
oh put us out of our misery and lock this thread please!
"it's over...it's been over" -George Carlin

MU gimp ONE

• Team Captain
« Reply #80 on: January 11, 2008, 09:44:18 AM »
oh put us out of our misery and lock this thread please!

why because you aren't enjoying it... then don't read.  when will posters learn.  obviously some people like voicing their opinion based on the fact we are on page 4.  sorry guys from now on, please check with mufan924 before starting a thread to see if we can use it.

"You know, most people would kill... to be treated like a god, just for a few moments." - Coach Norman Dale

mufan924

• Starter
  • we are marquette
« Reply #81 on: January 11, 2008, 09:45:52 AM »
its a guilty pleasure watching all of this hostility. no need to consult with me but thanks for the offer!
"it's over...it's been over" -George Carlin

🏀

• All American
« Reply #82 on: January 11, 2008, 10:02:26 AM »
Going to sum up some points that can be stated as facts:

1.) Section 106 does not have a good view. It is for people that want to see people come out of the tunnel, touch Tom Crean, and possibly seem more important.

2.) Waiting outside does not make you a better fan. Traveling to NOLA does not make you a better fan. Drinking at the Bradley Center does not make you a better fan. Dancing drunkly with your thong sticking out does not make you a better fan. Wearing a costume, headdress, or making a sign does not make you a better fan. Holding up a big head does not make you a better fan.

3.) I believe do believe fans that post on here or other message boards could be considered better fans. They have actively talked and read about MU Hoops on their free time (or work time). Thoughts?

In no way do I think I'm a best fan ever, I'm not. I don't even have student tickets this year. I have instead been able to get student tickets here and there. I have also been able to use some alumni tickets as well, and being able to sit and watch the game is the way I would rather watch the game with a $7 Miller Lite in the other hand of course.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #83 on: January 11, 2008, 10:16:06 AM »
You asked arena security if you could stand on a public sidewalk across the street from the BC which they have nothing to do with and they actually said YES?

I should have made that more clear. We spoke with the security at the Cell/Auditorium, and their answer was that we had to stay on the sidewalk and off their property as well.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #84 on: January 11, 2008, 11:23:26 AM »
1.) Section 106 does not have a good view. It is for people that want to see people come out of the tunnel, touch Tom Crean, and possibly seem more important.

It's a good view when you are over 6' and can see over everyone.  Otherwise its true,  you can't see anything.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #85 on: January 11, 2008, 12:05:10 PM »
Wow, this conversation is fascinating!  Nothing like pissing contest about who is the biggest kind of fan.  If you have made any kind of argument about what you have done, or where you sit to "prove" your MU fandom, you struggle at life.

Just be grateful that you live in the area so you can go to games and not have to hook up a laptop to a TV and suffer through Mike Kelley* making a complete ass of himself.  "Look at Larry Davis, I'm sure no one had to curb their enthusiasm on that play"

*Pius XI grad, surprise

🏀

• All American
« Reply #86 on: January 11, 2008, 12:08:49 PM »
"Look at Larry Davis, I'm sure no one had to curb their enthusiasm on that play"

*Pius XI grad, surprise

I wasn't at that game, and I heard that line. I almost instantly crapped my pants.

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #87 on: January 11, 2008, 01:56:49 PM »
best seat in the house... second level, first row. reason: foot/beer rests and you dont have to stand the whole time.

WORD.

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #88 on: January 11, 2008, 02:24:44 PM »

It's a good view when you are over 6' and can see over everyone.  Otherwise its true,  you can't see anything.

I'm glad I'm 6'2" and can see over the ppl in front of me  ;D