[Today at 07:54:34 PM]

Where is Marquette? by MU Fan in Connecticut
[Today at 07:52:45 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by MarquetteVol
[Today at 07:30:33 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Goose
[Today at 07:05:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: P U thoughts  (Read 33210 times)

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
Re: P U thoughts
« Reply #300 on: November 17, 2017, 05:57:15 PM »
Jockey

Of course there is a back story. Dig it up. If you think he backed out of IU and ended up at UCLA, after turning down AZ, is a three star recruit, than I hope Wojo lands that kind of a three star recruit.

I guess I misunderstood your post. I thought you were saying he dropped from #17 to sub-100 because he backed out on IU and moved to Arizona.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #301 on: November 18, 2017, 08:58:08 PM »
Due to lack of time and all the comms issues just finished reading this and I’m amazed at the lack of knowledge about basketball strategy and stats of some people here. We will be fine with Wojo.
Goal is National Championship

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #302 on: November 19, 2017, 12:28:14 AM »
Of course it's the perspective you have. The true believers (you're in this group) think any criticism is out of line. And they think that's reasonable. I don't. I'm not a Wojo hater - he was my second choice (after Shaka) to get the job and based on what we know so far maybe he should have been my first. I give him an A for bringing in nice kids and for being a solid face of the program. The rest is a mixed bag that I won't make the board favorite "cupboard bare" excuse for because it's BS. Wojo was still staring 2 of Buzz's players in year three of his tenure. In Buzz's year three there were no Crean players on the team! I still think Wojo can be successful here - and I really hope that he is. But I'm not knocked out by the roster he's put together in year 4.
My view is we hired an inexperienced head coach and the program paid the price for his lack of head coaching experience . The inexperience manifested itself in roster management.  That said our coach is a very good recruiter and in college athletics recruiting is the biggest part of the battle. We have real talent on the team this year and that will carry through us through the season. I think the coaches have realized where they need to be in terms of roster management and have an excellent pipeline  and balance of both athletic kids and skilled players  in the program . The in game coaching will continue to improve over time, especially because all the players have been recruited by the current coaching staff so there are no excuses any more. We are in a very tough conference that is getting tougher by the year.  Hence, the necessity for top level coaching performance and no steps backward.  I am expecting us to be 3rd in the Big East and make it to the second weekend of the tournament this year.     
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #303 on: November 19, 2017, 07:27:27 AM »
My view is we hired an inexperienced head coach and the program paid the price for his lack of head coaching experience . The inexperience manifested itself in roster management.  That said our coach is a very good recruiter and in college athletics recruiting is the biggest part of the battle. We have real talent on the team this year and that will carry through us through the season. I think the coaches have realized where they need to be in terms of roster management and have an excellent pipeline  and balance of both athletic kids and skilled players  in the program . The in game coaching will continue to improve over time, especially because all the players have been recruited by the current coaching staff so there are no excuses any more. We are in a very tough conference that is getting tougher by the year.  Hence, the necessity for top level coaching performance and no steps backward.  I am expecting us to be 3rd in the Big East and make it to the second weekend of the tournament this year.     

Your expectations are unrealistic.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #304 on: November 19, 2017, 08:25:00 AM »
Wojo’s a decent recruiter now. Knot fur sure watt ta expect should Stan bolt, doe, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #305 on: November 19, 2017, 09:42:58 AM »
Wojo’s a decent recruiter now. Knot fur sure watt ta expect should Stan bolt, doe, hey?

Cud bee trubble, yanna-wanna?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

wildbillsb

• Team Captain
« Reply #306 on: November 19, 2017, 01:48:22 PM »
Hey, 82, if you continue your emulation of 4ever's wretched attempt at humor, I'll put you on Ignore, as well.  So there!
Peace begins with a smile.  -  Mother Teresa

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #307 on: November 19, 2017, 02:41:44 PM »
I am a big fan of Stan, so if we lost him it would surely be a body blow. That said, Stan is making some serious coin for his efforts so it would take a pretty good head coaching job to lure him away.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

feedback