[Today at 11:32:22 AM]

NM by 4everwarriors
[Today at 10:37:41 AM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Uncle Rico
[Today at 10:15:40 AM]

MU all-time defensive team? by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:44:45 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: MU Chaluparena Survey / Season ticket rates  (Read 24333 times)

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
Re: MU Chaluparena Survey / Season ticket rates
« Reply #50 on: November 08, 2017, 08:50:15 PM »
The other angle to consider is that under the new tax legislation, the 80% deduction would be gone on donations. MU may have to get creative to make up that gap.

U go to the games for a tax deduction?  Sack up MU fans we are talkin a few thousand dollars here. The way most of the posters in this thread blather on about their love for MU hoops on this website u would think u would be willing to pay 10's of thousands of dollars.  Quit being penny pinchin tight wad bitches!!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 08:52:19 PM by Mr. Sand-Knit »
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #51 on: November 08, 2017, 08:51:50 PM »
I am surprised that no one has brought up that in the survey, they asked how you would feel about having a "Cameron Crazies" type arrangement where they reserve some of the primo seats for students.

I was a "Hell, no" on that one.
Have some patience, FFS.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2017, 08:53:30 PM »
I am surprised that no one has brought up that in the survey, they asked how you would feel about having a "Cameron Crazies" type arrangement where they reserve some of the primo seats for students.

But then the first one to complain about the atmosphere?
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #53 on: November 08, 2017, 08:57:10 PM »
But then the first one to complain about the atmosphere?

Have some patience, FFS.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #54 on: November 08, 2017, 08:57:24 PM »

Only reason I would support is to move them out of the upper bowl to free up inventory because i see a lot of people moving upstairs
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #55 on: November 08, 2017, 09:02:02 PM »
Only reason I would support is to move them out of the upper bowl to free up inventory because i see a lot of people moving upstairs

Except you are talking hundreds of thousands of dollars in lost revenue per game.  They might raise the prices of the other seats to make up for it.
Have some patience, FFS.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #56 on: November 08, 2017, 09:04:09 PM »
Except you are talking hundreds of thousands of dollars in lost revenue per game.  They might raise the prices of the other seats to make up for it.
Yep, plus “upstairs” is much smaller in the new arena.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #57 on: November 08, 2017, 09:04:39 PM »

Based on some of the price models I'm not sure how many people are buying up those seats anyway.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #58 on: November 08, 2017, 09:06:39 PM »
Yep, plus “upstairs” is much smaller in the new arena.
That's my point, we're upstairs now and aint no way I'm getting the go ahead to move downstairs and fork over a ton more cash especially when I can't pretend my son is under 2 next year and might have to get a 3rd seat

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #59 on: November 08, 2017, 09:06:52 PM »
And I'm just recalling.  #noredforowen won't be free anymore.  Eng family in financial crisis mode.  Now we're going to have to pay for that podcast.  Wait a minute!  I thought I heard that one was promised before MSM.  C'Mon Man!

(You literally beat me to the punch by 5 seconds!)

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #60 on: November 08, 2017, 09:09:26 PM »
Based on some of the price models I'm not sure how many people are buying up those seats anyway.

Even in the unlikely event that a few of those tickets would go unsold, I would rather have Marquette give them to VIPs or potential big donors  than to some drunk freshmen.
Have some patience, FFS.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #61 on: November 08, 2017, 09:21:20 PM »
I would love to have students in the primo seats. Would do wonders for the atmosphere in the building. I understand the lost revenue angle but  I honestly think it could translate into more wins and better recruiting....which could lead to making up the revenue. The NBA arena is a huge asset but it feels like mausoleum in there some nights.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #62 on: November 08, 2017, 09:30:17 PM »
I would love to have students in the primo seats. Would do wonders for the atmosphere in the building. I understand the lost revenue angle but  I honestly think it could translate into more wins and better recruiting....which could lead to making up the revenue. The NBA arena is a huge asset but it feels like mausoleum in there some nights.

So which people do you choose to kick out if their seats?  The few folks I know personally who sit in those front row seats are six- and seven-figure donors to the university, and not just to the basketball program.  Figure that cost in as well.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 09:31:53 PM by warriorchick »
Have some patience, FFS.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #63 on: November 08, 2017, 09:36:10 PM »

How much of that is an artifact of the BC itself and how much is the 300 rabid MU students not being front and center for the action?

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #64 on: November 08, 2017, 09:38:08 PM »

Same here

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #65 on: November 08, 2017, 09:47:26 PM »
Same here

You had to use your ticket email address to access the survey, so they know how everyone answered on an individual basis.

The only answers that matter on the "Cameron Crazies" question are from the people that are sitting in those seats now.
Have some patience, FFS.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #66 on: November 08, 2017, 09:52:49 PM »
U go to the games for a tax deduction?  Sack up MU fans we are talkin a few thousand dollars here. The way most of the posters in this thread blather on about their love for MU hoops on this website u would think u would be willing to pay 10's of thousands of dollars.  Quit being penny pinchin tight wad bitches!!

I don't think the increases are that far out of line, just pointing out that the change in the law may force MU to change the pricing/donation structure.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #67 on: November 08, 2017, 10:11:59 PM »
Well, that's being a bit unreasonable.

Is it really that unreasonable to pay more for a worse seat because the lower bowl people will move up due to costs?

I'll take my 4 true home games against Wisconsin nova Creighton and Xavier and be done with it at that case.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #68 on: November 08, 2017, 10:52:56 PM »
$720

So based on the color coding comparisons by section, your seats would go from $720 to either $760 (upper rows) or $810 (mid-level). Seems pretty in-line with your expectations. That said, there are fewer of those sections than there are currently, but it would be the light blue on both maps.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #69 on: November 08, 2017, 11:21:12 PM »
So which people do you choose to kick out if their seats?  The few folks I know personally who sit in those front row seats are six- and seven-figure donors to the university, and not just to the basketball program.  Figure that cost in as well.

Well at the moment I don't think anyone has any seats in the new arena, so I don't think "kick out" is the right terminology. I also don't think there are enough six or seven figure donors that are season ticket holders to fill up all the primo seats so I think there is room to go around. Put the students on the side the cameras face and keep the other side open for the mega-donors. If that means some donors get moved to the section right next to center court or back to the third row instead of the fourth row, I think that's fine. I would hope that something so trivial wouldn't keep a Marquette alum from donating.

I don't think it'll happen but I am glad they are asking.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #70 on: November 09, 2017, 01:29:53 AM »
This survey is proof MU doesn't get its target audience. Honestly, it was a slap in the face. Put a winner on the floor, improve the game experience, and understand the $1000s of dollars we spend to just get to games before we enter the arena. Really, $24k for a club access for a $12 beer when Turners is across the street? Seat licenses for the crap we've had to watch the last five years? Infuriating...call me entitled but the Vesties are out to MMGA.

alexius23

• Starter
« Reply #71 on: November 09, 2017, 01:33:23 AM »
For the last few years I have been thinking nonrenewal. Now at least one more season in what ever Corporate giants names the placereceivrs. Enron North?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #72 on: November 09, 2017, 05:55:10 AM »
So based on the color coding comparisons by section, your seats would go from $720 to either $760 (upper rows) or $810 (mid-level). Seems pretty in-line with your expectations. That said, there are fewer of those sections than there are currently, but it would be the light blue on both maps.

Assuming the lowest price tier, correct.

We can all save the hand wringing for actual prices.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #73 on: November 09, 2017, 05:56:50 AM »
I mean a lot of this comes down to what is the view from the actual seats?? Sure, it will be better, but for instance, behind the basket is still behind the basket. Plus as everyone says, at these prices, everyone that was sitting downstairs will now move upstairs, and that has a trickle down effect. I mean, if I lived close by where I could be home in 10-15 minutes after the game was over..that would factor in..but now you are talking paying more with the same long drive, the late nights getting home, and the key being...every game is on TV now, is it worth it?? As far as a better "in game" experience...all I need for a better in game experience is "W's". There haven't been enough of those(especially at home) lately. Nothing I hate more then driving that far, getting home late at night after an "L" at home. STOP LOSING at home, and I'd gladly pay their prices AND increase my donations.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #74 on: November 09, 2017, 05:58:17 AM »
I mean a lot of this comes down to what is the view from the actual seats?? Sure, it will be better, but for instance, behind the basket is still behind the basket. Plus as everyone says, at these prices, everyone that was sitting downstairs will now move upstairs, and that has a trickle down effect. I mean, if I lived close by where I could be home in 10-15 minutes after the game was over..that would factor in..but now you are talking paying more with the same long drive, the late nights getting home, and the key being...every game is on TV now, is it worth it?? As far as a better "in game" experience...all I need for a better in game experience is "W's". There haven't been enough of those(especially at home) lately. Nothing I hate more then driving that far, getting home late at night after an "L" at home. STOP LOSING at home, and I'd gladly pay their prices AND increase my donations.

You're forgetting about cupholders.