[Today at 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[Today at 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by dgies9156
[Today at 09:15:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: MU Chaluparena Survey / Season ticket rates  (Read 23659 times)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: MU Chaluparena Survey / Season ticket rates
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2017, 04:46:23 PM »
The other angle to consider is that under the new tax legislation, the 80% deduction would be gone on donations. MU may have to get creative to make up that gap.

My guess is Marquette would just need a bigger chunk of the seat prices, which would translate to prices on seats going up.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2017, 04:47:06 PM »
My guess is Marquette would just need a bigger chunk of the seat prices, which would translate to prices on seats going up.

Or a PSL, which was floated in the survey as well.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2017, 05:03:23 PM »
I mean...this is rough...yeah I get the seats will be better, and it was only a survey, but I'd have really liked to see what corner/endzone seats look like before I answered it honesty. I mean if they are decent, I'd be willing to downgrade I suppose, but there is ZERO chance I'd pay an increase at this level to get comparable seats. This is a HUGE increase, one I honestly wasn't expecting, and if there was no other options, I'd likely be out after 14 years...I mean every game is on TV now, and as much as I love being at the games, if the increase is this steep, I'm likely out, and it pains me to say that.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2017, 05:22:58 PM »
Might become a non renewal. I'm not not sitting in row A in the 2nd deck. Judging by the amount of people who will be downgrading I might not get row a.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2017, 05:40:28 PM »
Might become a non renewal. I'm not not sitting in row A in the 2nd deck. Judging by the amount of people who will be downgrading I might not get row a.

Well, that's being a bit unreasonable.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2017, 05:48:53 PM »
If these prices are the option they go with, I think they are pretty fair and comparable. My current seats in 217 cost me $720/seat. In the new arena, that would be commensurate with Section 109 at $760/seat. Moving to the "one-off-center" section of 108 would put me at $890. Less than $200 doesn't feel like an overwhelming increase to improve my section.

Yeah .. I think the math is better as you go down the food chain, worse, up. 

If you're used to a high-corner and maintain your seats, that's up $400 for two seats.

If you're used to a low-corner and maintain, you're going up $580. 

Low row-Middle sections going up about $600 too (for two seats.)

Interestingly .. middle sections but top rows?  Were $1320, now would be $1250. 

I bet a ton of high-priority point people will move backwards from those prime seats to save $600 -- and heck, save $70 from their BC seats.

(All numbers using the lowest price chart.)

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2017, 05:50:42 PM »
Looking at the option in the OP, it seems like prices are up about 20%, with the obvious premium tiers in the lower bowl being a bit more.

For people saying this is too much, what did you expect? Were you hoping for the same prices? A 5-10% increase? I'm honestly curious how much people feel is an acceptable increase.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2017, 05:56:25 PM »
Looking at the option in the OP, it seems like prices are up about 20%, with the obvious premium tiers in the lower bowl being a bit more.

For people saying this is too much, what did you expect? Were you hoping for the same prices? A 5-10% increase? I'm honestly curious how much people feel is an acceptable increase.

$100-150/seat.

Warrior3211

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2017, 06:15:50 PM »

sodakmu87

• Walk-On
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2017, 06:18:20 PM »
And there was still the option of "not listed"

Strange.  I got the survey as well.  I live in SD so I get a to one game every year or so.  Most of the survey does not apply to my level of ticket buying.  Yet, why would a survey of basketball fans need to ask if we are genderqueer?  What does that have to do with where one sits,  and donates to sit,  in a large new arena? When I was in Milwaukee at the Bradley Center for the Creighton game all I saw was MU and Creighton fans.    I can figure the SF Chronicle would ask that question in a survey, but MU?

Ahoya06

• Team Captain
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2017, 06:26:47 PM »
My concern has less to do with pricing and more with inventory. We’re currently in the upper corner seats that go for ~$300 a seat after fees. A $50-100 price increase is palatable, but with the smaller upper bowl size, there aren’t going to be as many seats at this price point. I worry that if enough STH’s in higher point brackets choose to downgrade, we may get squeezed out - and it’s a big jump to the next price level.

This becomes even more likely if they throw a young alumni section in one of the corners like it is now at the BC, further reducing inventory.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2017, 06:35:02 PM »
$100-150/seat.

May I ask your current price point?

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2017, 06:48:24 PM »
It would seem to me that the point of the survey is to get a sense for how elastic demand is and relative to what section.  MU will analyze the results carefully but the way to design that study is to get the data points far enough apart in the model such that one can do a meaningful regression.  Of course the goal (in theory) is to maximize revenue and to properly distribute the various price points for reasonably comparable demand. 

It's probably true that today's lower bowl is materially underpriced whereas the current upper corners are probably a bit overpriced (not that many tickets will be cheaper, mind you).  If you think about it, MU is better off not having B & G points determine who gets the best seats as much as who is willing to shell out the incremental dollars.  So nobody should be surprised that those with outstanding lower bowl seats will face a far more difficult decision going forward.  Do I stay, do I go upstairs, do I go home?

Ahoya06

• Team Captain
« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2017, 06:53:13 PM »
If you think about it, MU is better off not having B & G points determine who gets the best seats as much as who is willing to shell out the incremental dollars.  So nobody should be surprised that those with outstanding lower bowl seats will face a far more difficult decision going forward.  Do I stay, do I go upstairs, do I go home?

One positive that may come from the demise of mandatory donations is that there may no longer be annual/biannual reseating, but rather an “upgrade process” where you can keep your existing seats or move to open ones.

The questions about transferring ticket accounts and PSL’s lead me to believe that this is at least on the table.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2017, 06:55:08 PM »

Edited .. I got the maps mixed.  Both are attached.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 08:30:01 PM by mu_hilltopper »

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2017, 07:03:44 PM »
Thanks for the chart.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2017, 07:08:30 PM »
Most of the dollar increases are not wild. Have seen worse other places, even though the team is playing at the same dang building. Pony up, Warriors.

Did all the other guys taking the survey go with the "Male (nh)" gender option?
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2017, 07:22:01 PM »
May I ask your current price point?

$720

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2017, 08:05:57 PM »

When the Bucks prices came out last year. Many on this board said heck no to the 65% increase in many areas.

The lower price map seems fair on Marquette site. Looks to be a 20% increase. The higher price map is very high for the upper deck seats.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2017, 08:18:58 PM »
Uh .. not sure where you're getting your math.   With the lowest price option in the survey, most sections are up 42ish% .. with some equivalent sections being bumped 98%.

Actual numbers attached .. for the *lowest* price survey option. 

So .. your question is invalid, unless my math is wrong.  I would have said up 20% would have been MU's target.  40-90%?  NFW.
I just look at the maps to double check. Your pricing is the highest map, not the lowest. The upper deck in the lowest is $170, $330, $540 & $550.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2017, 08:32:34 PM »
The Thunderdome is looking more economical every day.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2017, 08:32:50 PM »
I just look at the maps to double check. Your pricing is the highest map, not the lowest. The upper deck in the lowest is $170, $330, $540 & $550.

Right you are .. I've fixed my post above, adding both maps.

Now that I see the map, I know why I'm ticked off.  My section is the 42% increase section, which is the highest mover.   So to get just a 24% increase, I need to move back.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2017, 08:42:05 PM »
The Bradley Center sucks?  When did that happen?
It happened when NHL hockey never came to Milwaukee and we were forced to watch basketball in a hockey arena for 30 years.
If you’ve ever seen basketball in a basketball arena, you would see the clear difference.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2017, 08:44:02 PM »
Right you are .. I've fixed my post above, adding both maps.

Now that I see the map, I know why I'm ticked off.  My section is the 42% increase section, which is the highest mover.   So to get just a 24% increase, I need to move back.
It looks better, but the $275 BC seats are $330 in the new arena on the low map.

If you don't mind. What section are you in the Bradley Center?
-Bill Walton

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2017, 08:47:06 PM »
It happened when NHL hockey never came to Milwaukee and we were forced to watch basketball in a hockey arena for 30 years.
If you’ve ever seen basketball in a basketball arena, you would see the clear difference.
That's why the old MECCA, UWM Panther Arena is great for hoops and even hockey. Bradley Center was so wrong in so many ways.
-Bill Walton