[Today at 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[Today at 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Interesting Day Ahead...  (Read 122552 times)

Lennys Tap

• All American
Re: Interesting Day Ahead...
« Reply #475 on: February 15, 2018, 09:40:59 PM »
Interesting with people speculating about Duke yet we’re doing things the right way now that Buzz is gone.

Interesting, indeed.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #476 on: February 15, 2018, 10:00:54 PM »
Interesting, indeed.

Interesting with people speculating about Duke yet we’re doing things the right way now that Buzz is gone.

Wait, you guys really think Wojo is cheating? And/or Duke isn’t?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #477 on: February 15, 2018, 10:10:59 PM »
Wait, you guys really think Wojo is cheating? And/or Duke isn’t?

I hope like hell Duke ISN'T cheating. It's the only other college program Wojo has been a part of - if they're clean I'm pretty sure he is too. If not - ???

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #478 on: February 15, 2018, 10:16:48 PM »
I hope like hell Duke ISN'T cheating. It's the only other college program Wojo has been a part of - if they're clean I'm pretty sure he is too. If not - ???

Capel is viewed as far and away the favorite of any of the Duke affiliated coaches to take over for Coach K whenever he steps down because he’s the one who got the program to embrace the one and done culture. Wojo was on his way out just as this was starting at Duke.

The FBI isn’t looking at what was happening 5 years ago. They weren’t wiring middlemen up when Wojo was on the road with K to Kyrie Irving’s house. This is far more recent. If Wojo gets in trouble it’ll be for something he did at MU. And if he gets in trouble for something he did at MU, he’s cheating wrong.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 10:22:40 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #479 on: February 15, 2018, 10:17:56 PM »
There’s various degrees of clean in every program. I don’t think it’s an either/ or.

For instance I think Duke got a little less clean when Jeff Capel rejoined.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #480 on: February 15, 2018, 10:24:03 PM »
I’m a believer that the very best don’t cheat because they don’t have to.  They can recruit on merit. 

I don’t believe Saban cheats too much (his boosters however) especially relative to his peers.

I bet Coach Cal is A LOT cleaner now.  He’s established a brand at UK and is selling a 6 month NBA training camp.  The kids who want money will opt for LSU.

My pause with Coach K is when he lands the top 3 players and they all play he same position.  Something seems odd there. 

I hope Wojo is clean.  I mean it’s year 4 and we’re 5-8 in conf, if we’re cheating SHEEEEESCH. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #481 on: February 15, 2018, 10:25:37 PM »
There’s various degrees of clean in every program. I don’t think it’s an either/ or.

For instance I think Duke got a little less clean when Jeff Capel rejoined.

Totally agree.  Capel is the wildcard at Duke.  It’s a new day there with him.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #482 on: February 15, 2018, 10:30:52 PM »
Cardinal Stritch has a chance, hey?

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #483 on: February 15, 2018, 11:13:52 PM »
I’m a believer that the very best don’t cheat because they don’t have to.  They can recruit on merit. 

I think it's hard to say that Patino isn't one of the best ever, and it's pretty clear his program was far from clean. I have a feeling we're going to be pretty surprised at some of the names that come out of this when it's all said and done.

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #484 on: February 15, 2018, 11:22:19 PM »
I think it's hard to say that Patino isn't one of the best ever, and it's pretty clear his program was far from clean. I have a feeling we're going to be pretty surprised at some of the names that come out of this when it's all said and done.

Yep. The patina of Pitino lost its luster long ago.
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #485 on: February 16, 2018, 05:46:02 AM »
As many as 50 schools affected including half of the top 16.

Good thing we're not in the top 16!

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #486 on: February 16, 2018, 07:43:48 AM »

Last year's national champion was North Carolina.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #487 on: February 16, 2018, 07:45:02 AM »
There is a theory out there (if you want to believe the blue and gold glass vantage point) that one of the reasons Wojo left when he did was because of the one and done/less than up and up direction Duke was heading. Remember Wojo was asked multiple times to leave but didn't until the MU job came open which seemingly timed with some of the seeming bag dropping going on at Duke.

Having said that, I'd be shocked if there is more than circumstantial evidence of cheating at MU (direct proof like payments, etc) and I'd be shocked if there is zero evidence of MU cheating (there is no MU connection to the investigation at all).

My sense of it based on some conversations is that there is no concern of being "nailed" by the investigation but that some stuff could come out that could be construed as shady (think something like a wiretap comes out with a staffer talking to a recruit that could be interpreted as less than on the up and up - note this is a totally made up example). All and all, there might be some MU mentions with the investigation in local news one evening but that's gonna be about it, especially given how bad some of it is going to be for some legendary programs*

*My prediction, MSU will be doneski.....between the Nasar stuff(which they've seemingly skated on) and what's going to come out of this investigation they are going to get gutted.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #488 on: February 16, 2018, 08:19:32 AM »
There is a theory out there (if you want to believe the blue and gold glass vantage point) that one of the reasons Wojo left when he did was because of the one and done/less than up and up direction Duke was heading. Remember Wojo was asked multiple times to leave offered several other head coaching jobsbut didn't until the MU job came open which seemingly timed with some of the seeming bag dropping going on at Duke.

Having said that, I'd be shocked if there is more than circumstantial evidence of cheating at MU (direct proof like payments, etc) and I'd be shocked if there is zero evidence of MU cheating (there is no MU connection to the investigation at all).

My sense of it based on some conversations is that there is no concern of being "nailed" by the investigation but that some stuff could come out that could be construed as shady (think something like a wiretap comes out with a staffer talking to a recruit that could be interpreted as less than on the up and up - note this is a totally made up example). All and all, there might be some MU mentions with the investigation in local news one evening but that's gonna be about it, especially given how bad some of it is going to be for some legendary programs*

*My prediction, MSU will be doneski.....between the Nasar stuff(which they've seemingly skated on) and what's going to come out of this investigation they are going to get gutted.

FIFY
Have some patience, FFS.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #489 on: February 16, 2018, 08:25:58 AM »
FIFY

Well sure, that's right if you are into being less lazy and more accurate.

"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #490 on: February 16, 2018, 08:50:18 AM »
Sparty is getting nastier by the day:

Report: MSU Basketball Player Under Investigation For Possible Criminal Sexual Conduct

https://deadspin.com/report-msu-basketball-player-under-investigation-for-1823060695?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #491 on: February 16, 2018, 08:54:49 AM »
If we're cheatin', den fire fookin' Wojo today, 'cuz wee definately need to cheat bedder and he's failin' us miserably in dat regard, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #492 on: February 16, 2018, 09:03:49 AM »
There is a theory out there (if you want to believe the blue and gold glass vantage point) that one of the reasons Wojo left when he did was because of the one and done/less than up and up direction Duke was heading. Remember Wojo was asked multiple times to leave but didn't until the MU job came open which seemingly timed with some of the seeming bag dropping going on at Duke.

“bag dropping”. Always nice to spot a Mark Titus fan out here in the wild.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 09:44:33 AM by The Lens »

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #493 on: February 16, 2018, 11:31:50 AM »
“bag dropping”. Always nice to spot a Mark Titus fan out here in the wild.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #494 on: February 16, 2018, 12:41:28 PM »
Capel is viewed as far and away the favorite of any of the Duke affiliated coaches to take over for Coach K whenever he steps down because he’s the one who got the program to embrace the one and done culture. Wojo was on his way out just as this was starting at Duke.

The FBI isn’t looking at what was happening 5 years ago. They weren’t wiring middlemen up when Wojo was on the road with K to Kyrie Irving’s house. This is far more recent. If Wojo gets in trouble it’ll be for something he did at MU. And if he gets in trouble for something he did at MU, he’s cheating wrong.

This made me chuckle.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #495 on: February 16, 2018, 01:28:15 PM »
Totally agree.  Capel is the wildcard at Duke.  It’s a new day there with him.

The "bag dropping" was happening at Duke well before Capel got there.  Lance Thomas ring a bell?  But, since it's Duke, the paragon of virtue and the symbol of all that is right and good in college basketball (notice that the criticism of schools relying on one and done kids was dropped when Duke started doing it) they are protected. The NCAA and their media partners will make sure Duke is not implicated when the hammer drops.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 01:32:39 PM by Billy Hoyle »
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #496 on: February 16, 2018, 04:26:25 PM »
The "bag dropping" was happening at Duke well before Capel got there.  Lance Thomas ring a bell?  But, since it's Duke, the paragon of virtue and the symbol of all that is right and good in college basketball (notice that the criticism of schools relying on one and done kids was dropped when Duke started doing it) they are protected. The NCAA and their media partners will make sure Duke is not implicated when the hammer drops.

I don't think the NCAA is in the driver's seat on this in any way. This is their nightmare. I can't see them being able to protect anyone. I do think Duke is probably smarter about covering their tracks than most, which is what will likely save them the most.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #497 on: February 16, 2018, 04:28:51 PM »

So you think the NCAA and the media can get the FBI to turn the other way for Duke if they have evidence on Duke bribery?  Count me as skeptical.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #498 on: February 16, 2018, 06:14:36 PM »
So you think the NCAA and the media can get the FBI to turn the other way for Duke if they have evidence on Duke bribery?  Count me as skeptical.

We have a former head of the FBI investigating the President’s campaign, but they’ll be scared off by the NCAA???

Lol.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #499 on: February 16, 2018, 06:26:32 PM »

We have a former head of the FBI investigating the President’s campaign, but they’ll be scared off by the NCAA???

Lol.

Fake News! Biased investigation! Deep State!

feedback