collapse

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 12:00:10 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Banquet by Skatastrophy
[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NFC North / NFL Thread 2017-18  (Read 279917 times)

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
Re: NFC North / NFL Thread 2017-18
« Reply #1675 on: December 12, 2017, 01:45:30 PM »
More specifically, Kizer realized that it's in his best interest to do everything he can to get traded away from this God forsaken football wasteland.  I suspect he'll be overheard telling people in the front office, "Man, that Baker Mayfield kid looks really good, doesn't he?"

The best part is that Baker Mayfield is Johnny Maziel 2.0. Can't wait for the Browns to take him and watch the franchise burn to the ground.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

reinko

• All American
« Reply #1676 on: December 12, 2017, 01:52:10 PM »
The best part is that Baker Mayfield is Johnny Maziel 2.0. Can't wait for the Browns to take him and watch the franchise burn to the ground.

I don't much about college QB's but isn't Mayfield like the 4th ranked QB in this draft behind Rosen, Darnold, and Jackson?

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #1677 on: December 12, 2017, 01:52:38 PM »
Doable

Could you imagine the SKOL Viking angst if they lose to Cinncy and Green Bay and are in a must win against a frisky yet crappy Bears team.

IF Rodgers comes back I think they can run the table and get in. IF they get in it's likely as a 6 seed. They probably play the Rams, which basically becomes a neutral site game. IF they win that game, they likely play Minnesota in Minnesota with the SKOL curse in full swing. IF the Packers win that they likely have to play a Wentzless Eagles for a spot to play the Superbowl in Minnesota

Translation:
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #1678 on: December 12, 2017, 01:53:46 PM »
I don't much about college QB's but isn't Mayfield like the 4th ranked QB in this draft behind Rosen, Darnold, and Jackson?

Probably, but there's talk of Darnold coming back (in part because he doesn't want to be anywhere near the Browns). I don't think Rosen nor Jackson are sure fire NFL QBs so no matter what Cleveland is gonna screw this up.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1679 on: December 12, 2017, 02:40:37 PM »
Could you imagine the SKOL Viking angst if they lose to Cinncy and Green Bay and are in a must win against a frisky yet crappy Bears team.

IF Rodgers comes back I think they can run the table and get in. IF they get in it's likely as a 6 seed. They probably play the Rams, which basically becomes a neutral site game. IF they win that game, they likely play Minnesota in Minnesota with the SKOL curse in full swing. IF the Packers win that they likely have to play a Wentzless Eagles for a spot to play the Superbowl in Minnesota

Translation:

Nice. I like a good fantasy as much as the next guy!

Can the Packers still get in after the Panthers beat 'em Sunday?

Our DL against that mediocre OL, going after a QB who has to be thinking about protecting himself ... I like our chances.

I envision Peppers and Addison meeting at Rodgers many times, with Short and maybe a blitzer or 2 getting their cracks, too. I don't root for guys to get hurt, even players I don't like, and certainly not a guy I respect as much as I do Rodgers  ... I'm just thinking he might be in real physical danger if he plays Sunday. QBs are always in danger, but I mean REAL danger.

And speaking of QBs in danger ...

Did anybody else see that INCREDIBLY wimpy roughing-the-passer call the Dolphins got late last night for barely touching Brady? There is no chance that Cam, Roethlisberger or numerous other tough, non-Brady QBs get that call. ZERO. I couldn't believe it, and neither could Gruden.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1680 on: December 12, 2017, 02:41:25 PM »
MU82,

I'll be in Charlotte Saturday-Monday for the game. Do you have any recommendations for bars or dining while we're in the area?

(I know you're a Panthers fan but can't remember if you're from/familiar with Charlotte. If not, my apologies.)

You mean besides Bojangles?

PM me. I have to leave soon to coach basketball, but I'll answer later when I get the chance.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 02:45:26 PM by MU82 »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1681 on: December 12, 2017, 03:13:54 PM »
I'm highly doubtful that the Packers would send Aaron Rodgers out there if he was in any more danger than any other NFL player.  But maybe I'm wrong.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #1682 on: December 12, 2017, 03:14:13 PM »
Devin Hester retired today.

HoF?

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #1683 on: December 12, 2017, 03:20:19 PM »
You mean besides Bojangles?

PM me. I have to leave soon to coach basketball, but I'll answer later when I get the chance.

Apparently Po Folks isn't around anymore.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #1684 on: December 12, 2017, 04:37:05 PM »

I doubt it happens (because Cincy) but if they're playing that bad to lose 3 straight, you'd have to think that a QB change would be at least floated. Which is absurd.

As far as playoffs are concerned, it's a stretch to think we can hold up our end of the bargain, but the Packers have successfully sucked me back in and gotten my hopes up.

As for the help we need, I'd argue it's almost probable that it breaks in our favor:
  • SEA plays a tough LA team at home, and a DAL team on the road that will have Zeke back
  • ATL/CAR - I don't think NO gets swept by the Falcons, and then week 17 between CAR-ATL doesn't matter.
(Conspiracy alert - if ATL beats NO and then plays CAR to a tie, all 3 NFC South teams make it in)

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1685 on: December 12, 2017, 05:01:33 PM »
Devin Hester retired today.

HoF?

Absolutely

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1686 on: December 12, 2017, 09:29:38 PM »
https://instagram.com/p/BcoIJo2ljDF/

He’s baaaaaaaaack.

And with a running game behind him, too!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1687 on: December 12, 2017, 09:49:00 PM »
It's his funeral, wades!

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #1688 on: December 12, 2017, 10:10:49 PM »
It's his funeral, wades!
If not this week, certainly next.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1689 on: December 13, 2017, 06:18:46 AM »
Lot of confidence coming out of a couple of fans from franchises who know nothing but losing. I like it.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1690 on: December 13, 2017, 08:10:40 AM »
Lot of confidence coming out of a couple of fans from franchises who know nothing but losing. I like it.

2013: NFC South Champions.
2014: NFC South Champions.
2015: NFC Champions. (After going 15-1, the Panthers actually reached the SB - unlike a certain 2011 team from the frozen tundra that choked in its first playoff game. My boyz waited until the SB to choke!)
2016: Sucked.
2017: Tied for NFC South lead.

Remind me ... how many championships have the Packers won during that span?

But yes, the Packers have won more Super Bowls than the Panthers have. The Packers also won the 1939 NFL title. All of which is relevant to this week's game ... how?

Seriously, I love good-natured trash-talking, and I'm really looking forward to this game. The Panthers are good - capable of winning at New England, ending Vikes' 8-game winning streak, etc - but they are flawed enough that any team can beat them (as the effen Bears proved). And we know the Packers are flawed but if Rodgers is on his game they can beat anybody. The Packers will have a lot of fans at this game; a quarter to a third of the stadium will probably be wearing green.

Should be fun!

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1691 on: December 13, 2017, 08:18:22 AM »
2013: NFC South Champions.
2014: NFC South Champions.
2015: NFC Champions. (After going 15-1, the Panthers actually reached the SB - unlike a certain 2011 team from the frozen tundra that choked in its first playoff game. My boyz waited until the SB to choke!)
2016: Sucked.
2017: Tied for NFC South lead.

Remind me ... how many championships have the Packers won during that span?

But yes, the Packers have won more Super Bowls than the Panthers have. The Packers also won the 1939 NFL title. All of which is relevant to this week's game ... how?

Seriously, I love good-natured trash-talking, and I'm really looking forward to this game. The Panthers are good - capable of winning at New England, ending Vikes' 8-game winning streak, etc - but they are flawed enough that any team can beat them (as the effen Bears proved). And we know the Packers are flawed but if Rodgers is on his game they can beat anybody. The Packers will have a lot of fans at this game; a quarter to a third of the stadium will probably be wearing green.

Should be fun!

So what you are saying is the Panthers (and Vikings) have won...absolutely nothing?  Got it.  Thanks for confirming.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #1692 on: December 13, 2017, 08:19:48 AM »
Mike, in Wisconsin we refer to division titles as "losing seasons."

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #1693 on: December 13, 2017, 08:34:03 AM »
https://instagram.com/p/BcoIJo2ljDF/

He’s baaaaaaaaack.

And with a running game behind him, too!

Will have the fast recovery PEDs cycled through his system yet to clear drug testing?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1694 on: December 13, 2017, 08:54:54 AM »
Will have the fast recovery PEDs cycled through his system yet to clear drug testing?

They drug test in the NFL?  PEDs help bone breaks?

Both news to me.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1695 on: December 13, 2017, 09:39:39 AM »
So what you are saying is the Panthers (and Vikings) have won...absolutely nothing?  Got it.  Thanks for confirming.

What I'm saying is that the Panthers have won about as much as the Packers have the last several years, and more than the Packers have this season. I said nothing about the Vikings, about whom I care zippo.

I also have acknowledged the importance of the Packers' 1939 NFL championship to the current situation. About as relevant as the titles won by the 1920 Akron Pros, the 1947 Chicago Cardinals and the 2016 New England Patriots.

But all of this is noise and pre-game trash-talk.

The only thing that really matters is that the Panthers win 1 more game than the Packers do this Sunday. And I think they will.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #1696 on: December 13, 2017, 09:46:46 AM »
What I'm saying is that the Panthers have won about as much as the Packers have the last several years, and more than the Packers have this season.

Neither team has won anything of value the past "several years."  The Panthers have won nothing of value in their history.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1697 on: December 13, 2017, 10:50:49 AM »

Neither team has won anything of value the past "several years."  The Panthers have won nothing of value in their history.

That's fair.

Although the Panthers have won my heart ... certainly, that has value!  ;)

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #1698 on: December 13, 2017, 11:09:09 AM »
That's fair.

Although the Panthers have won my heart ... certainly, that has value!  ;)

Not enough of your heart to decorate your tree however.  Your love is conditional.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #1699 on: December 13, 2017, 11:42:50 AM »
Mike, in Wisconsin we refer to division titles as "losing seasons."

That IS true.  Amazing how the youngsters on this board have essentially only know Packers winning football in their lifetime.