[Today at 07:53:14 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by PJDunn
[Today at 07:36:37 AM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[April 24, 2024, 09:57:20 PM]

Best case scenarios by We R Final Four
[April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NFC North / NFL Thread 2017-18  (Read 279266 times)

JWags85

• All American
Re: NFC North / NFL Thread 2017-18
« Reply #2475 on: March 23, 2018, 10:19:31 AM »
Johnny football must be all partied out or running out of money...he threw in front of 13 scouts and gave me a culpa interviews

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22873404/johnny-manziel-throws-san-diego-pro-day-13-nfl-teams-watch

only problem they had was,when the field workers came in to lay down the chalk lines,  johnny was see face down right behind him🤣🤣

I give him credit for his candor about his mental health, his addiction, and whats seemingly been a sincere attempt to reform and get his life together the last year or so.  I find it amusing that people think it was some ploy to get back into the NFL, as if admitted mental health problems and a history of addiction somehow makes NFL teams look past all his other off the field problems and welcome him back in. 

I think he was probably a borderline NFL starting caliber QB to begin with, at the very least, he's at least put himself on a path towards a productive future as opposed to ending up dead or in jail by 30.  I hope his message, along with what we've heard from Kevin Love and Derozan in the NBA, helps continue to change the dialogue around mental health in sports.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
Re: NFC North / NFL Thread 2017-18
« Reply #2476 on: March 23, 2018, 05:24:20 PM »
I give him credit for his candor about his mental health, his addiction, and whats seemingly been a sincere attempt to reform and get his life together the last year or so.  I find it amusing that people think it was some ploy to get back into the NFL, as if admitted mental health problems and a history of addiction somehow makes NFL teams look past all his other off the field problems and welcome him back in. 

I think he was probably a borderline NFL starting caliber QB to begin with, at the very least, he's at least put himself on a path towards a productive future as opposed to ending up dead or in jail by 30.  I hope his message, along with what we've heard from Kevin Love and Derozan in the NBA, helps continue to change the dialogue around mental health in sports.

good post wags-my initial comment was meant to be 1/2 tongue in cheek, but i do wish him all good with his recovery.  without that, he has nothing.  i hope he has surrounded himself with good people.  there are sooo many temptations out there, especially in his world.  i wouldn't worry about 30 as much as the next day.  i never thought of his attempt to return to football was a ploy, rather a healthy attempt to help him get his life back on track and possibly to remove any regrets and/or some resentments.  this can play an important part of his recovery.  the NFL, rightly so, needs to be skeptical of his behavior.  he would be one hell of an investment.   johnny needs to prove to himself first that this is a wise endeavor and he is ready for it.  everything else will follow
don't...don't don't don't don't

feedback