[Today at 04:10:23 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Galway Eagle
[Today at 04:04:41 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: JOEY TO MU!  (Read 68048 times)

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Re: JOEY TO MU!
« Reply #250 on: July 24, 2017, 08:49:13 PM »
Herro has a long way to go to eclipse Mickey Crowe....

Epic.

wadesworld

• All American
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #253 on: July 24, 2017, 10:33:45 PM »
We're really glad you're a Golden Eagle too, Joey.

That goes without saying.

The interesting challenge comes a year from now when Joey shows up on campus. As best I can tell, we have the pieces in place for the beginning of something special. Depth is emerging at every position on the floor and on the bench. Our guys are now Wojo's guys.

The challenge: Getting them to play defense, to play as a unit and to grow. My biggest rap on the Hillbilly was that when he recruited four star specials, it took a very long time to get anything close to their potential -- unless they were juices. Coach Wojo has to get the most out of these guys and fast!

I hate the red rodent as much as anyone in here. But I give ole Dracula credit. He took three star recruits and made it to the Final Four. Several of those three stars ended up in the NBA. If Wojo does that and we make it worth his while, we'll have a tremendous run!

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #254 on: July 24, 2017, 11:14:11 PM »
I hate the red rodent as much as anyone in here. But I give ole Dracula credit. He took three star recruits and made it to the Final Four. Several of those three stars ended up in the NBA. If Wojo does that and we make it worth his while, we'll have a tremendous run!

Who were several of these three stars that made it into the NBA?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 11:23:13 PM by Dr. Blackheart »

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #255 on: July 24, 2017, 11:21:38 PM »
The challenge: Getting them to play defense, to play as a unit and to grow. My biggest rap on the Hillbilly was that when he recruited four star specials, it took a very long time to get anything close to their potential -- unless they were juices.

Can you clarify what this means?  "juices"?
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #256 on: July 25, 2017, 12:02:34 AM »

Methinks his phone autocorrected jucos.....or maybe the secret to Buzz' success with jucos was that they were juicing!
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #257 on: July 25, 2017, 12:43:15 AM »
Joey's on the scholarship table now, so it's official!

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?page=page4655

Welcome Joey!

Skitch

• All American
« Reply #258 on: July 25, 2017, 12:47:59 AM »
Who were several of these three stars that made it into the NBA?

Kaminsky was a 3 star on Rivals and 24/7

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #259 on: July 25, 2017, 01:08:59 AM »
Kaminsky was a 3 star on Rivals and 24/7

And a Frank was a four star on ESPN. So, again, who were these "several three stars" who made it to the NBA?

The Miracle Worker Tales of Bo continue. In fact, Bo was a great recruiter, especially for his system. I never knew why his cultists downplayed his recruiting chops with this revisionist myth of him recruiting 2-3 star players and making them into NBA players. I think this hurt him (Tokoto, Blue, Stone, Looney) more than it helped him (Gasser).

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/115913/frank-kaminsky

MattyWarrior

• All American
« Reply #260 on: July 25, 2017, 06:15:03 AM »
I like looking at the scholarship table now,thanks The wojo years

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #261 on: July 25, 2017, 06:21:33 AM »
Krabbenhoft was a Top 40 recruit but somehow the minute he showed up on campus all that was forgotten and he was just some glue guy that Bo built in a north woods shed.  Whereas JJJ was a top 40 recruit who was a constant disappointment who never put it together.  Each school / coach has their own media narratives. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #262 on: July 25, 2017, 06:32:36 AM »
Krabbenhoft was a Top 40 recruit but somehow the minute he showed up on campus all that was forgotten and he was just some glue guy that Bo built in a north woods shed.  Whereas JJJ was a top 40 recruit who was a constant disappointment who never put it together.  Each school / coach has their own media narratives.

Traditional vs non-traditional, a-i-n-a?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #263 on: July 25, 2017, 06:34:37 AM »
St. Bo was a pro at taking great talent and making them good and taking average talent and making them good. When he finally opened things up for his great talent they finally went to the Final Four. I'm thankful it took him that long to make that move.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #264 on: July 25, 2017, 07:22:57 AM »

Damn auto correct

Jucos was meant here.

Earl Tatum

• All American
« Reply #265 on: July 25, 2017, 07:34:12 AM »
Being from Marshfield and formerly working at the News-Herald, in
the days of "Yore", the N-H finally got it right. A favorable MU story.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #266 on: July 25, 2017, 08:10:03 AM »
And a Frank was a four star on ESPN. So, again, who were these "several three stars" who made it to the NBA?

The Miracle Worker Tales of Bo continue. In fact, Bo was a great recruiter, especially for his system. I never knew why his cultists downplayed his recruiting chops with this revisionist myth of him recruiting 2-3 star players and making them into NBA players. I think this hurt him (Tokoto, Blue, Stone, Looney) more than it helped him (Gasser).

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/115913/frank-kaminsky

Isn't it pretty much widely accepted that ESPN is the worst of the rating sites? Obviously they were more correct on this one but all the same we can't knock people who source that sometimes and accept it others

I'd say a better example of Bo working with three star guys is Taylor. Don't get me wrong people vastly overrate his coaching up abilities but let's also remember many of his four star guys were rated similar to our four star guys that were pretty much duds (Williams, Jones, Taylor, Anderson)
Maigh Eo for Sam

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #267 on: July 25, 2017, 08:17:43 AM »
I like looking at the scholarship table now,thanks The wojo years

That's a beautiful roster. It needs a primary ballhandler, but an impressive selection of talent and shooting. There are a lot of exciting combinations of skillsets amongst our forwards and centers.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #268 on: July 25, 2017, 08:53:25 AM »

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #269 on: July 25, 2017, 08:54:29 AM »
Isn't it pretty much widely accepted that ESPN is the worst of the rating sites? Obviously they were more correct on this one but all the same we can't knock people who source that sometimes and accept it others

I'd say a better example of Bo working with three star guys is Taylor. Don't get me wrong people vastly overrate his coaching up abilities but let's also remember many of his four star guys were rated similar to our four star guys that were pretty much duds (Williams, Jones, Taylor, Anderson)

I must have missed Taylor's NBA debut. The OP several of the Final Four three stars made it to the NBA.

Dekker was a Top 20. Fact is, a RSCI service had Frank, Nigel, Ben, Koenig as a four star. Only two have made the NBA from that team yet. Koenig does have a two way but a four star. Gasser was a bigger overachiever than Frank, IMO.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #270 on: July 25, 2017, 09:29:47 AM »
I must have missed Taylor's NBA debut. The OP several of the Final Four three stars made it to the NBA.

Dekker was a Top 20. Fact is, a RSCI service had Frank, Nigel, Ben, Koenig as a four star. Only two have made the NBA from that team yet. Koenig does have a two way but a four star. Gasser was a bigger overachiever than Frank, IMO.

In dgies defense, he didn't say explicitly that several FF three-stars made it to the NBA.  Maybe that's what he meant.  Maybe that's what we interpreted, but Imma gonna go all logic & grammar police here anyway because someone switched out the decaf with the full-leaded stuff this morning... a conjunction is not an if/then, so there's three statements there.

Statement 1: "[Bo] took three star recruits."  True.
Statement 2: "Bo made it to the Final Four."  True.
Statement 3: "Several of those three stars ended up in the NBA."  Forget statement 2... it's an independent thought from Statement 1 and therefore irrelevant to Statement 3.  The only mention of three star recruits prior to Statement 3 were in Statement 1, ergo the object of the preposition in Statement 3 are the three star recruits alluded to in Statement 1, or in other words, just the plain ol' three-stars that Bo recruited (not just those that went to the Final Four).  Otherwise, if the three stars  in Statement 3 were meant to be three-stars in the Final four, statements 1 and 2 would have been combined into a single, non-conjunctive sentence, i.e. "He took three star recruits to the Final Four."

So the question is did several three-stars that Bo recruited during his career end up in the NBA, and the answer is: who the hell cares.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #271 on: July 25, 2017, 11:04:16 AM »
Traditional vs non-traditional, a-i-n-a?

CheesyMUfan4ever

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #272 on: July 25, 2017, 11:23:59 AM »
Very sad how I get bashed by my fellow Alumni here. I think my posts are very informative and straight to the point. I am happy about Joey bottom line. I am not a troll. I want to beat UW bad the next 4-5 years. I love MU.

I am also realistic about Herro's greatness and realize getting by him is the main hurdle for MU's program. With Herro and Hauser brothers I think we could have seriously contended for a National Title.

I think Herro's dad gets bad rap on here also. He made his kid work from third grade up. He wasn't some helicopter parent that was constantly coddling his kid. He didn't let his kid ever receive a participation trophy. No entitlements or privilege here and that my fellow Alumni is why Tyler Herro is great and most likely the best player this state has ever seen.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #273 on: July 25, 2017, 11:24:58 AM »
Very sad how I get bashed by my fellow Alumni here. I think my posts are very informative and straight to the point. I am happy about Joey bottom line. I am not a troll. I want to beat UW bad the next 4-5 years. I love MU.

I am also realistic about Herro's greatness and realize getting by him is the main hurdle for MU's program. With Herro and Hauser brothers I think we could have seriously contended for a National Title.

I think Herro's dad gets bad rap on here also. He made his kid work from third grade up. He wasn't some helicopter parent that was constantly coddling his kid. He didn't let his kid ever receive a participation trophy. No entitlements or privilege here and that my fellow Alumni is why Tyler Herro is great and most likely the best player this state has ever seen.

Ha. You're my new fav poster. :o

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #274 on: July 25, 2017, 11:26:28 AM »

You're posts aren't really all that informative.