[Today at 04:10:23 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Galway Eagle
[Today at 04:04:41 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: JOEY TO MU!  (Read 68045 times)

mujivitz06

• Team Captain
Re: JOEY TO MU!
« Reply #275 on: July 25, 2017, 11:27:44 AM »
Very sad how I get bashed by my fellow Alumni here. I think my posts are very informative and straight to the point. I am happy about Joey bottom line. I am not a troll. I want to beat UW bad the next 4-5 years. I love MU.

I am also realistic about Herro's greatness and realize getting by him is the main hurdle for MU's program. With Herro and Hauser brothers I think we could have seriously contended for a National Title.

I think Herro's dad gets bad rap on here also. He made his kid work from third grade up. He wasn't some helicopter parent that was constantly coddling his kid. He didn't let his kid ever receive a participation trophy. No entitlements or privilege here and that my fellow Alumni is why Tyler Herro is great and most likely the best player this state has ever seen.

Honestly if you really believe in Tyler that much and think he is that great of a player I have no problem with it. It's just the seemingly emotional connection you feel with him that makes many here wonder if you are part of his family or a close friend.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #276 on: July 25, 2017, 11:34:04 AM »

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #277 on: July 25, 2017, 11:42:49 AM »
Very sad how I get bashed by my fellow Alumni here. I think my posts are very informative and straight to the point. I am happy about Joey bottom line. I am not a troll. I want to beat UW bad the next 4-5 years. I love MU.

I am also realistic about Herro's greatness and realize getting by him is the main hurdle for MU's program. With Herro and Hauser brothers I think we could have seriously contended for a National Title.

I think Herro's dad gets bad rap on here also. He made his kid work from third grade up. He wasn't some helicopter parent that was constantly coddling his kid. He didn't let his kid ever receive a participation trophy. No entitlements or privilege here and that my fellow Alumni is why Tyler Herro is great and most likely the best player this state has ever seen.

It is never "realistic" to talk about a 17-year old kid's "greatness" and crown him the best the state has ever seen before he even starts his senior year.

Is there oxygen in your "realistic" world?

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #278 on: July 25, 2017, 11:47:06 AM »
If Herro wants to flip and join Joey at MU, I'm cool with that.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #279 on: July 25, 2017, 11:55:04 AM »
I must have missed Taylor's NBA debut. The OP several of the Final Four three stars made it to the NBA.

Dekker was a Top 20. Fact is, a RSCI service had Frank, Nigel, Ben, Koenig as a four star. Only two have made the NBA from that team yet. Koenig does have a two way but a four star. Gasser was a bigger overachiever than Frank, IMO.

Bilas, whom I like and respect as a commentator, insisted for months that Gasser would be an NBA player. Even smart guys get stuff wrong sometimes.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MomofMUltiples

• All American
« Reply #280 on: July 25, 2017, 12:00:24 PM »
If Herro wants to flip and join Joey at MU, I'm cool with that.

Considering we have 0 schollies left, I'd rather have Grimes....
I mean, OK, maybe he's secretly a serial killer who's pulled the wool over our eyes with his good deeds and smooth jumper - Pakuni (on Markus Howard)

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #281 on: July 25, 2017, 12:23:07 PM »
Very sad how I get bashed by my fellow Alumni here.

Did I miss something?!?  Who else here graduated from a dash school?
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #282 on: July 25, 2017, 12:30:36 PM »

Here's where you lose us. You claim to be realistic and then say that Herro is the greatest basketball player that the state has ever seen. That is so far from realistic that I don't know where to start. He's not even rated as the top player from Wisconsin in his class (that would be Joey).

Some other famous names that might disagree: Terry Porter, Fred Brown, Jim Chones, Don Kojis, Latrell Sprewell, Caron Butler, Nick Van Exel, Henry Ellenson, Kevon Looney, Diamond Stone, Devin Harris, Joe Wolf, Tony Smith, Kurt Nimphius.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 12:36:32 PM by TAMU Eagle »
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #283 on: July 25, 2017, 12:32:32 PM »
Here's where you lose us. You said and I quote "Herro put Wisconsin basketball on the map." That is so far from the realm of realistic that I don't think it can be redeemed.

I thought Brian Butch put Wisconsin basketball on the map.

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #284 on: July 25, 2017, 12:38:02 PM »

All right, all right. We know it's you now, Benny.
I knew you'd eventually go for the long con, but jeez, this is ridiculous!
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
« Reply #285 on: July 25, 2017, 12:38:40 PM »

The only reason anyone on here is talking about Herro or his dad is because you keep bringing them up, leading to the obvious conclusion that you have some type of personal affection for the family.  Do them a favor and just go away. 
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #286 on: July 25, 2017, 12:38:55 PM »
I thought Brian Butch put Wisconsin basketball on the map.
Kurt Portmann.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #287 on: July 25, 2017, 12:45:26 PM »

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #288 on: July 25, 2017, 01:15:15 PM »
Anthony Pieper, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #289 on: July 25, 2017, 01:17:32 PM »
Is Joey playing HS football this fall?  I would be very concerned about this...

Well, ya know, you're always free to fret about whatever you want to fret about.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #290 on: July 25, 2017, 01:22:30 PM »
I'm not sure what that translates to.  Anyone?

"...he's a bad mother..."

"Shut your mouth!"

"Well, I'm talking about Theo..."

"Then we can dig it!"
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

CheesyMUfan4ever

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #291 on: July 25, 2017, 01:31:48 PM »
Here's where you lose us. You claim to be realistic and then say that Herro is the greatest basketball player that the state has ever seen. That is so far from realistic that I don't know where to start. He's not even rated as the top player from Wisconsin in his class (that would be Joey).

Some other famous names that might disagree: Terry Porter, Fred Brown, Jim Chones, Don Kojis, Latrell Sprewell, Caron Butler, Nick Van Exel, Henry Ellenson, Kevon Looney, Diamond Stone, Devin Harris, Joe Wolf, Tony Smith, Kurt Nimphius.

Nationally he is ranked higher then Joey and in the mind of many many D1 programs. Some Wisconsin Mark Miller ranking is insignificant really. That is a nice list of players no doubt. Some great players on there. He is doing more things on a national level then anyone on this list did at the same age.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #292 on: July 25, 2017, 01:35:47 PM »
Cheesy, our scholarship slots are full and Herro has committed elsewhere.  So we're about as interested in discussing him as we are chatting about Kostas.  Have a nice day.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #293 on: July 25, 2017, 01:41:33 PM »
Nationally he is ranked higher then Joey and in the mind of many many D1 programs. Some Wisconsin Mark Miller ranking is insignificant really. That is a nice list of players no doubt. Some great players on there. He is doing more things on a national level then anyone on this list did at the same age.

Brian Butch's RSCI was 9.  And he was a nice player no doubt....

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #294 on: July 25, 2017, 01:42:34 PM »

I live in New Jersey and am connected to a high school program. I've never heard of this kid, much less seen him play the game.

The only things he's doing on a national level are taking place between your ears.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #295 on: July 25, 2017, 01:42:56 PM »

Like what?  What things is he doing in a national level that no other player on that list has done?

And no. Herro is rated below Joey on national rankings.  247composite combines all the major services and has Joey at 35 and Herro at 40. So the local and the national rankings disagree with you.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #296 on: July 25, 2017, 01:44:48 PM »
If you're (yes, I think you're Tyler Herro and not his Dad) as good as you think, why are you going to Wisconsin?  It's Wisconsin!  It's not ' Dook.  It's not UCLA.  It's not Kentucky.  It's not North Carolina or Kansas.  It's flippin' Wisconsin and they blow almost as much as ND. 

Good luck at Wisky without Joey.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #297 on: July 25, 2017, 01:51:50 PM »

Just 4-5 years?! that is how we know you're a troll

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #298 on: July 25, 2017, 01:52:33 PM »

Looney was rsci 11 stone was rsci 7 ellenson was rsci 9. Herro is impressive but not some generational talent that has never existed in Wisconsin before.

He is certainly a part of the considerable upgrade of talent Wisconsin has seen lately but the state has seen multiple players of equal or greater talent lately as well.
Maigh Eo for Sam

TommyMU

• Walk-On
« Reply #299 on: July 25, 2017, 02:00:47 PM »

I'd like to apologize to you Cheesy on behalf of the board here.  I get hammered too and at end of the day I am an MU fan as well.  Way so over UW.  I agree with you on Herro to an extent but he is committed to UW for now.  Rumblings are he may opt to switch out and as Freeport said I think earlier in week he will go to much more prestigious program than MU if he goes.  I'm hearing Kentucky, Duke or AZ as well if he opts out.  Again, I look over to the left and see only 4 teams below MU in conference from last year and Fischer at top of player of the game from last season.  Why would Herro come here???  These guys are way too into a program that carries that record.  I'm an MU fan but not a die hard like them.  MU sweaters are a little too tight and they get a little too warm and fired up during "jump around" song during games with their alum leader......"sir dork" (guy always on tv)