[Today at 12:21:27 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: NM  (Read 1941592 times)

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Re: NM
« Reply #9450 on: January 08, 2021, 01:37:34 PM »
Mike got teleported from another thread. Once again, Scoop is leading edge.

Whenever I come here, I feel like I'm in a narrow uncharted zone between two parallel universes.

MarquetteMike1977

• All American
« Reply #9451 on: January 08, 2021, 03:37:52 PM »
Mike got teleported from another thread. Once again, Scoop is leading edge.

Am just thankful to finally make Team Captain on Scoop. #Lifetime Goals #Blessed #Anything Else is a Bonus #Honored Esteemed Scoopers #Does not get any better than this.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9452 on: January 08, 2021, 04:59:41 PM »
Am just thankful to finally make Team Captain on Scoop. #Lifetime Goals #Blessed #Anything Else is a Bonus #Honored Esteemed Scoopers #Does not get any better than this.

Time for new business cards, eh?  ;)

MarquetteMike1977

• All American
« Reply #9453 on: January 09, 2021, 12:23:05 AM »

Time for new business cards, eh?  ;)

Lol Yes 😉
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 12:25:41 AM by MarquetteMike1977 »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #9454 on: January 09, 2021, 07:02:40 AM »
Death due to tasing yourself in the testicles.

My son got a board game 'Stupid Deaths' for Christmas.   That one will make the next edition.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #9455 on: January 09, 2021, 08:32:41 AM »

My son got a board game 'Stupid Deaths' for Christmas.   That one will make the next edition.
And the woman carrying the "Don't Tread on Me" Gasden flag was...trampled to death.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9456 on: January 09, 2021, 09:41:03 AM »

Seems like a great candidate for a Darwin Award as well....

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #9457 on: January 11, 2021, 04:33:57 PM »
Got my $2k in Trump-bucks stimulus money today.   That guy is awright.

Headin' to Arby's, anyone need a few sacks?

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9458 on: January 11, 2021, 04:46:25 PM »
Got my $2k in Trump-bucks stimulus money today.   That guy is awright.

Headin' to Arby's, anyone need a few sacks?

Does this mean 2021 is the Year of Arby's too?

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #9459 on: January 11, 2021, 04:57:31 PM »

Does this mean 2021 is the Year of Arby's too?

Only if we're lucky.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9460 on: January 11, 2021, 07:17:44 PM »
Who could possibly have guessed this wouldn’t be a big hit? I mean...they had meat wraps for crying out loud.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-russia-oddly-stalin-doner/stalin-themed-cafe-in-moscow-closed-after-public-outcry-idUSKBN29E0LU

A shawarma shop in Moscow was forced to close a day after it opened following an outcry over its provocative Josef Stalin-themed branding, the shop’s owner told Reuters on Saturday.

The Stalin Doner shop featured a portrait of the controversial Communist leader above its front door. Inside, a man dressed in the Stalin-era security service uniform served customers meat wraps named after Soviet leaders.

Stalin’s rule was marked by mass repression, labour camps and famine. Nearly 700,000 people were executed during the Great Terror of 1936-38, according to conservative official estimates.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #9461 on: January 12, 2021, 09:30:26 AM »
Who could possibly have guessed this wouldn’t be a big hit? I mean...they had meat wraps for crying out loud.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-russia-oddly-stalin-doner/stalin-themed-cafe-in-moscow-closed-after-public-outcry-idUSKBN29E0LU

A shawarma shop in Moscow was forced to close a day after it opened following an outcry over its provocative Josef Stalin-themed branding, the shop’s owner told Reuters on Saturday.

The Stalin Doner shop featured a portrait of the controversial Communist leader above its front door. Inside, a man dressed in the Stalin-era security service uniform served customers meat wraps named after Soviet leaders.

Stalin’s rule was marked by mass repression, labour camps and famine. Nearly 700,000 people were executed during the Great Terror of 1936-38, according to conservative official estimates.

I wonder if they check your passports before entering and if you're Ukrainian you don't get to eat.  Cruel people come up with ideas like this and think they're good.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9462 on: January 12, 2021, 01:47:07 PM »
A lost password could cost this guy $220 million. Or to put it in more relatable terms, 55 million Beef 'N Cheddars!

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/12/technology/bitcoin-passwords-wallets-fortunes.html

Stefan Thomas, a German-born programmer living in San Francisco, has two guesses left to figure out a password that is worth, as of this week, about $220 million.

The password will let him unlock a small hard drive, known as an IronKey, which contains the private keys to a digital wallet that holds 7,002 Bitcoin. While the price of Bitcoin dropped sharply on Monday, it is still up more than 50 percent from just a month ago, when it passed its previous all-time high of around $20,000.

The problem is that Mr. Thomas years ago lost the paper where he wrote down the password for his IronKey, which gives users 10 guesses before it seizes up and encrypts its contents forever. He has since tried eight of his most commonly used password formulations — to no avail.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #9463 on: January 12, 2021, 02:12:58 PM »
A lost password could cost this guy $220 million. Or to put it in more relatable terms, 55 million Beef 'N Cheddars!

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/12/technology/bitcoin-passwords-wallets-fortunes.html

Stefan Thomas, a German-born programmer living in San Francisco, has two guesses left to figure out a password that is worth, as of this week, about $220 million.

The password will let him unlock a small hard drive, known as an IronKey, which contains the private keys to a digital wallet that holds 7,002 Bitcoin. While the price of Bitcoin dropped sharply on Monday, it is still up more than 50 percent from just a month ago, when it passed its previous all-time high of around $20,000.

The problem is that Mr. Thomas years ago lost the paper where he wrote down the password for his IronKey, which gives users 10 guesses before it seizes up and encrypts its contents forever. He has since tried eight of his most commonly used password formulations — to no avail.

If I were him I'd auction that off. Some wealthy person would take the chance that they'll find someone to break it and reap the benefits of it increasing.
Maigh Eo for Sam

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #9464 on: January 12, 2021, 02:45:16 PM »
Hah, I've bricked a couple ironkeys in my life.  Fortunately nothing important on them, just the only USB drive my company allows - and digging them out once every couple years is problematic.

But back to this dude - he only trusts an ironkey, then writes the password on a piece of paper!?!  Idiot.  Then loses the paper?  Imbecile.

If I were him I'd auction that off. Some wealthy person would take the chance that they'll find someone to break it and reap the benefits of it increasing.

Be interesting to see if anyone would take the gamble.  They're pretty well know to be as hard to hack as anything out there (i.e. - nobdy has cracked one to my knowledge)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 02:50:07 PM by rocky_warrior »

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #9465 on: January 12, 2021, 03:42:16 PM »

How did this get reported? Did Mr. Thomas inform the NY Times that he was an idiot?

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9466 on: January 12, 2021, 05:14:30 PM »

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9470 on: January 13, 2021, 09:54:58 AM »
marry that woman!

LOL.

She got divorced several years back and has jokingly said that her 'marriage stock' has never been higher than the past couple of years. Free pass across the northern border and donuts to boot, eh?

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #9471 on: January 13, 2021, 10:06:02 AM »

LOL.

She got divorced several years back and has jokingly said that her 'marriage stock' has never been higher than the past couple of years. Free pass across the northern border and donuts to boot, eh?

JayBee territory, hey?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #9472 on: January 13, 2021, 03:24:58 PM »
JayBee territory, hey?

"He never married"

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #9473 on: January 13, 2021, 03:57:08 PM »
Any guys want to make some extra scratch? You can become a sperm king: https://menshumor.com/lifestyle/your-balls-are-a-goldmine-the-cost-of-sperm-is-skyrocketing/
If you’re one of the one hundred fifty million Americans who is a man that produces sperm, we have amazing news for you, your balls could be worth a ton of money. Yup, you’re sitting on gold, literally. According to The New York Times, the cost of sperm is skyrocketing as demand for donors during the pandemic is through the roof.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9474 on: January 13, 2021, 04:00:40 PM »
Any guys want to make some extra scratch? You can become a sperm king: https://menshumor.com/lifestyle/your-balls-are-a-goldmine-the-cost-of-sperm-is-skyrocketing/

Being a sperm king sounds like it would be even cooler than being the Assman.

feedback