[Today at 01:03:27 PM]

Tyler Kolek's "legacy" by Newsdreams
[Today at 12:37:27 PM]

NC State by Sturgeon General Warrior
[Today at 12:34:46 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by Oldgym
[Today at 12:14:42 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Marvel Cinematic Universe  (Read 71232 times)

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe
« Reply #100 on: January 02, 2019, 10:02:11 AM »
Not actually part of the MCU but Into the Spiderverse is fantastic. I highly recommend it. It may be my new favorite marvel movie.

My kids went a saw it yesterday and loved it.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #101 on: March 12, 2019, 04:56:58 AM »
Did anyone see Captain Marvel over the weekend?   I really enjoyed the 90's grunge flashbacks.  It answered some questions and left some new ones  l don't want to type any possible spoilers.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #102 on: March 12, 2019, 06:17:42 AM »
Saw it, enjoyed it.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #103 on: March 12, 2019, 07:23:16 AM »
Give it a solid B+.

In my unofficial MCU tiers of moveis, I would put it solidly in the middle of the 2nd tier.

1st tier (in no order): Avengers I, Winter Soldier, Black Panther, GoG, Iron Man I, Civil War
2nd tier: Infinity War, Captain Marvel, Ragnarok, Homecoming, GoG2, Dr. Strange
3rd Tier: Ant Man, Ant Man II, Iron Man 3, CA 1st Avenger, Thor, Ultron
4th tier: Iron Man 2, Hulk, Thor 2

tower912

• All American
« Reply #104 on: March 12, 2019, 07:26:23 AM »
The biggest unanswered question for me is where was the tesseract from the 40's through the 80's?    How did Annette Benning's character come into possession of it?     The rest was just fun.     And I now like cats even less. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #105 on: March 12, 2019, 07:46:56 AM »
The biggest unanswered question for me is where was the tesseract from the 40's through the 80's?    How did Annette Benning's character come into possession of it?     The rest was just fun.     And I now like cats even less.

I may have to re-watch again as I saw a lot of theories on things seen in Mar-Vell's lab including a blue ring that looked like Howard Stark's model of an Arc Reactor that may answer some of the 40's through 80's question.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #106 on: March 14, 2019, 10:33:16 AM »

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #107 on: March 14, 2019, 10:43:16 AM »
New trailer...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcMBFSGVi1c

Ahhhhhh.... that's why they waited until now to release.

Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #108 on: March 14, 2019, 12:27:08 PM »
Ahhhhhh.... that's why they waited until now to release.

"I like this one."

tower912

• All American
« Reply #109 on: March 14, 2019, 01:30:50 PM »
Nice.    Ready to go see it right now. 

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #110 on: March 14, 2019, 04:06:55 PM »
Nice.    Ready to go see it right now. 

Go to Fandango and sign up for the alert when tickets go on sale.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Matt Heldt The Milk Man

• Walk-On
« Reply #111 on: March 14, 2019, 08:34:11 PM »
Give it a solid B+.

In my unofficial MCU tiers of moveis, I would put it solidly in the middle of the 2nd tier.

1st tier (in no order): Avengers I, Winter Soldier, Black Panther, GoG, Iron Man I, Civil War
2nd tier: Infinity War, Captain Marvel, Ragnarok, Homecoming, GoG2, Dr. Strange
3rd Tier: Ant Man, Ant Man II, Iron Man 3, CA 1st Avenger, Thor, Ultron
4th tier: Iron Man 2, Hulk, Thor 2

In my opinion, I would put Ragnarok into the 1st tier because even though it was a bit to lengthy, it helped revive Thor. He was not being used the way that I would've liked him to be, but this movie showed off his true power and showed that he is more than his hammer, which I thought was awesome. Before seeing the movie, he ranked 3rd as my favorite avenger, but after seeing him go through everything that he did an then do ape in Ragnarok and Infinity War, it made him number 1.

Question: What happened to the girl warrior from Ragnarok, the one that was with Hulk?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #112 on: March 15, 2019, 07:59:51 AM »
Ragnarok is the best movie.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #113 on: March 24, 2019, 07:18:48 AM »
Just saw Captain Marvel and just couldn't get into it. Didnt have much character development and just sort of jumped right in. The action was fun, and it had some cute moments but that's about it for me.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #114 on: March 25, 2019, 04:05:24 PM »
Just saw Captain Marvel and just couldn't get into it. Didnt have much character development and just sort of jumped right in. The action was fun, and it had some cute moments but that's about it for me.

Out of curiosity, how many of the MCU movies have you seen?

And if "most" or "all" is the answer, did you feel the same way after Doctor Strange and Ant-Man (the only post-Phase I where a singular title/lead character is making his/her first appearance in the MCU)?

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #115 on: March 25, 2019, 04:29:41 PM »
Captain Marvel has interestingly become my 16-year old daughter's favorite Marcel character.  Her and her friends went to go see it a second time over the weekend.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #116 on: March 25, 2019, 05:14:51 PM »
Out of curiosity, how many of the MCU movies have you seen?

And if "most" or "all" is the answer, did you feel the same way after Doctor Strange and Ant-Man (the only post-Phase I where a singular title/lead character is making his/her first appearance in the MCU)?

Every one, the mini movies and three of the netflix shows (jones, agents and daredevil)

I didn't care for Dr strange either to be honest. Ant-Man I loved, I feel like there's plenty of development amongst everyone in that. In Captain Marvel I just sort of found myself not really rooting for her, didn't have much suspense for me. Hey it's just an opinion though.
Maigh Eo for Sam

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #117 on: March 31, 2019, 08:42:49 AM »
This is awesome. Guy never watched any MCU movies except Black Panther and is now watching them all and live tweeting it as he does. Great thread: https://twitter.com/chrismnovak/status/1111096414065569793?s=21
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #118 on: April 02, 2019, 07:39:33 AM »
Endgame presale tix available as of today..Fandango has an hour+ wait, to buy tickets online, in a month in advance  :o :o :o

edit....

AMC website is a hot mess too, still haven't secured tix after trying the last 90 min
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 09:11:54 AM by reinko »

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #119 on: April 02, 2019, 09:16:59 AM »
3 hours and 2 minute run time...that's not ideal.

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #120 on: April 02, 2019, 09:24:57 AM »
Endgame presale tix available as of today..Fandango has an hour+ wait, to buy tickets online, in a month in advance  :o :o :o

edit....

AMC website is a hot mess too, still haven't secured tix after trying the last 90 min
I was quick to the trigger. Got first picks of seats for our traditional Tuesday night $5 showing.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #121 on: April 02, 2019, 01:00:16 PM »
I was quick to the trigger. Got first picks of seats for our traditional Tuesday night $5 showing.

Only took five hours, but secured two for Sat showing in some great seats

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #122 on: April 02, 2019, 07:26:46 PM »
I was OOO this morning, got back to the office at 2:00 to a notification tix were on sale.  By that time, only decent seats available through the weekend was the Saturday 5:00 slot in 3D. 

So 3D it is, I guess.

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #123 on: April 02, 2019, 09:42:35 PM »
FYI for future use, I go to Marcus exclusively so I have ticket notifications from Marcus and Fandango. Marcus came in about 4 hours before fandango. Got lucky and saw the Marcus email right away and got in to my theater showing first.

More of a commentary and movie going nowadays but nothing beats the $5 Tuesday movies and being able to pick my seats ahead of time has become such a game changer.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #124 on: April 02, 2019, 10:50:18 PM »
3 hours and 2 minute run time...that's not ideal.

It's ideal for makers and sellers of catheters. I know I'll need one!

I guess I won't be able to return to this thread from April 26 until about May 26, because I won't be first in line (or among the first several thousand) and I won't want to hear the spoilers!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson