[Today at 11:00:11 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 11:00:09 AM]

Banquet by muwarrior69
[Today at 08:43:40 AM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by MU82
[Today at 07:00:36 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Duane  (Read 43379 times)

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
Re: Duane
« Reply #175 on: March 21, 2017, 12:09:57 PM »
So this should officially put an end to us getting Milwaukee city high school kids for a while (it probably doesn't matter anyway at this point because Wojo has done well nationally in general). Duane exited the proper, PR 101 way, and that is good for both parties. But don't be fooled. They are not happy, they just got used to the situation and made the best of it. Kudos to Duane for his maturity and best of luck to him. But Duane and his dad (Ike) aren't going to be writing any letters of recommendation for us. They are pissed. Burton is pissed. McKay is pissed. Ellensons. Cohens. All guys coached/influenced by Ike at some point.

I saw a curious tweet from NY2LA yesterday about mentioning Duane as 3rd guy to leave (then named them) plus Wally. But no surprise, NY2LA gets a lot of dough from Wisconsin Playground Elite, and Ike is their leader. Owner of NY2LA is a big influence on local/regional kids and I've noticed he has been passive/aggressive toward MU for the last few years.

Like I stated at outset, don't know if it really matters, but thought I would share.

I like all of those guys, but in the case of Duane, and Cohen, and Wally...maybe they should be better at basketball.

And in the case of Burton and McKay, not think they are 3s, and transfer only to play in the front court anyway.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #176 on: March 21, 2017, 12:21:22 PM »
So this should officially put an end to us getting Milwaukee city high school kids for a while (it probably doesn't matter anyway at this point because Wojo has done well nationally in general). Duane exited the proper, PR 101 way, and that is good for both parties. But don't be fooled. They are not happy, they just got used to the situation and made the best of it. Kudos to Duane for his maturity and best of luck to him. But Duane and his dad (Ike) aren't going to be writing any letters of recommendation for us. They are pissed. Burton is pissed. McKay is pissed. Ellensons. Cohens. All guys coached/influenced by Ike at some point.

I saw a curious tweet from NY2LA yesterday about mentioning Duane as 3rd guy to leave (then named them) plus Wally. But no surprise, NY2LA gets a lot of dough from Wisconsin Playground Elite, and Ike is their leader. Owner of NY2LA is a big influence on local/regional kids and I've noticed he has been passive/aggressive toward MU for the last few years.

Like I stated at outset, don't know if it really matters, but thought I would share.

What Milwaukee city high school kids was Marquette getting before Wojo? Who was out there that would have helped MU anyway? Te'Jon Lucas? There just haven't been a lot of high profile recruits from Milwaukee lately.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #177 on: March 21, 2017, 12:33:00 PM »
What Milwaukee city high school kids was Marquette getting before Wojo? Who was out there that would have helped MU anyway? Te'Jon Lucas? There just haven't been a lot of high profile recruits from Milwaukee lately.

Terrence Lewis and Jordan Poole come to mind.  Both are top 100ish kids from Milwaukee who went to Iowa State and Michigan respectively.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #178 on: March 21, 2017, 01:04:50 PM »

Terrence Lewis and Jordan Poole come to mind.  Both are top 100ish kids from Milwaukee who went to Iowa State and Michigan respectively.

Good points. I guess I was looking back, not forward.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #179 on: March 21, 2017, 01:36:19 PM »
Ike's influence is not just MPS.  Schools like Dominican plus rising power Martin Luther are in his web too.  Plus many others.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #180 on: March 21, 2017, 01:39:46 PM »

And NEVER gave MU a thought because of this turning tide.

KampusFoods

• All American
« Reply #181 on: March 21, 2017, 01:45:16 PM »
Ike's influence is not just MPS.  Schools like Dominican plus rising power Martin Luther are in his web too.  Plus many others.

This explains our inability to land Kostas

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #182 on: March 21, 2017, 01:48:49 PM »
So are they pissed at Wojo or Marquette in general?  I ask because you included McKay in there, and McKay left long before Wojo got here.

Are they pissed because they felt that somehow Wojo was devious?  Used not how they wanted to be used?

In your opinion is this more perception or reality?  Which doesn't matter from their point of view of course.
Reality. I think bad fit on most if not all, but when we "messed with" Duane, we went at the king's son. Having a bad experience with one guy, say McKay or Burton, in itself would be seen as normal (I know McKay was not a Wojo guy but he is a city kid who left MU). But there are bad experiences with ALL of Ike's guys recently. My general point is that the city doesn't have much love for the MU brand right now, or in the immediate future.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #183 on: March 21, 2017, 01:51:19 PM »
I don't know if this is a joke or not, but the idea is correct. I personally didn't think Kostas was a high major guy, but he may prove me wrong eventually. But even if Wojo did, Kostas is definitely an Ike guy and that would not bode well.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #184 on: March 21, 2017, 01:53:39 PM »
Which several years from now is going to be something we regret.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #185 on: March 21, 2017, 01:54:11 PM »
And NEVER gave MU a thought because of this turning tide.

WI Playground Elite‏ @WisconsinPGE
2017 G Terrence Lewis | @lewis24Terrence Final 4 Schools..Marquette, Illinois, UNLV and Iowa State! #PGE #EYBL

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #186 on: March 21, 2017, 02:00:06 PM »
I know someone answered Lewis and Poole, which is def true. But the funny story with Lucas is that he is not an Ike guy even though he is a city guy. He is a Milwaukee Spartan guy -- and guess who else is a Spartan guy -- Matt Heldt. They are long-time buds and before Howard and Rowsey, I could have seen him in an MU uni. He is small though.

Lewis and Poole are '17 guys we had no shot on, but Ike has made a huge power play on the '18 class and has almost all of the top guys not named Hauser. Herro, Curtis, Plumb, Trapp, Justice, Foster Jr., etc.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #187 on: March 21, 2017, 02:01:17 PM »
Reality. I think bad fit on most if not all, but when we "messed with" Duane, we went at the king's son. Having a bad experience with one guy, say McKay or Burton, in itself would be seen as normal (I know McKay was not a Wojo guy but he is a city kid who left MU). But there are bad experiences with ALL of Ike's guys recently. My general point is that the city doesn't have much love for the MU brand right now, or in the immediate future.

Got it.

But I meant do you think that Duane was really "messed with?"  Was he mislead about his opportunities within the program?  Or was this a case where a player didn't really fit what Wojo wanted to do and this is just fall out from that?

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #188 on: March 21, 2017, 02:08:00 PM »
WI Playground Elite‏ @WisconsinPGE
2017 G Terrence Lewis | @lewis24Terrence Final 4 Schools..Marquette, Illinois, UNLV and Iowa State! #PGE #EYBL
You got me.

Once the Duane train went off the rails, he was never going to Marquette. PR move. I'm trying to tell you what's going on underneath. Thought I would come outside today, but I am clearly more comfortable in the under board.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #189 on: March 21, 2017, 02:09:59 PM »
Sounds like a lot of collateral damage from Buzz leaving.  Whatever, Marquette will be fine with or without Milwaukee kids. In some ways, it's better to not have the local handlers and posses trying to influence Wojo.

Cain is as good or better than Lewis. Elliott is comparable to Poile, albeit with a different skill set. Hopefully Wojo can land him. Not sure how good the upcoming Milwaukee area kids are. But this is not that big of a deal to me. Wojo's recruiting fine both regionally and nationally.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #190 on: March 21, 2017, 02:11:15 PM »

Got it.

But I meant do you think that Duane was really "messed with?"  Was he mislead about his opportunities within the program?  Or was this a case where a player didn't really fit what Wojo wanted to do and this is just fall out from that?
No, I don't think he was messed with at all. I just think it is the nature of the beast. I think he is a good player, but not as good as he or his dad thinks he is. I think he received a totally fair shake, as do most people I know.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #191 on: March 21, 2017, 02:23:24 PM »
No, I don't think he was messed with at all. I just think it is the nature of the beast. I think he is a good player, but not as good as he or his dad thinks he is. I think he received a totally fair shake, as do most people I know.

Really appreciate the insight. Was going to ask your feelings on Diener after watching the tournament, even if he was committed to DePaul.

TheGreenKnight

• Walk-On
« Reply #192 on: March 21, 2017, 02:24:22 PM »
A lot of us at GB are hoping he makes his way north. In a way, it makes a ton of sense. We lost a ton of guards this year, already snagged another MU transfer, are close to home, and have an opportunity to make it back to the dance. Playing time is ample and he fits the system.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #193 on: March 21, 2017, 02:27:07 PM »
A lot of us at GB are hoping he makes his way north. In a way, it makes a ton of sense. We lost a ton of guards this year, already snagged another MU transfer, are close to home, and have an opportunity to make it back to the dance. Playing time is ample and he fits the system.

Is Trevor Anderson going to be good or is he simply too inexperienced?

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #194 on: March 21, 2017, 02:31:32 PM »
I haven't seen anyone saying that. I have seen people say Martin is an a$$hole but that doesn't mean they think he can't coach.
C'mon man. Virtually everybody on this board believes our program is superior to sc
 Probably less about Martin compared to wojo. Point being, wojo got his ass smoked by a lesser program.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #195 on: March 21, 2017, 02:34:34 PM »
I've said this before, and I still stick with it.

I am 100% fine with not recruiting MKE. These kids have people pumping them up from junior high, and are never satisfied with how they're used. Since they're local, it's even louder.

Who was the last MPS product to finish four years at MU? Buycks was here for two. Terry Sanders?

Give me a team of guys like Sam and Markus any day. Don't need all the noise.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #196 on: March 21, 2017, 02:55:50 PM »
C'mon man. Virtually everybody on this board believes our program is superior to sc
 Probably less about Martin compared to wojo. Point being, wojo got his ass smoked by a lesser program.
So did Duke and coach K. Martin is a very good coach, but just an a$$hole with players, was already suspended once by SC. Left KS because star players were going to leave,and yes MU is a superior program than SC. Lesser programs beat superior programs in NCAA that's what makes March Madness so much fun or as some would say a crapshoot
Goal is National Championship

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #197 on: March 21, 2017, 03:01:38 PM »
Really appreciate the insight. Was going to ask your feelings on Diener after watching the tournament, even if he was committed to DePaul.
I've watched Deiner since very young and always thought he was second tier in his class. Watching him a couple times this year and last week in state tourney, I think he is legit. Most improved kid in state hands down. Has always been a good shooter, but he has the whole package now. He will be limited by average athleticism, but he gives it all. And I love that he is emotionless for the most part, unlike Herro, who is a crazy trash talker. I am telling you we will love to hate him when he is a Badger. I personally like the kid, but once he puts on that uni, it's over. Deiner played a lot of tennis growing up and you can see it in his footwork. Reminds me of a taller Lachance now -- both have a lot of tools in their kit -- pump-fakes, double pump fakes, scoring from all spots on floor, etc. I never thought he was a true D1 but he certainly looks the part now.

TheGreenKnight

• Walk-On
« Reply #198 on: March 21, 2017, 03:21:45 PM »

Is Trevor Anderson going to be good or is he simply too inexperienced?

Yeah he will be good. He was our leading minutes guy until he got hurt for the last 10 games or so. We still graduated 3 guards who took up a lot of playing time so there are minutes to be had.

g0lden3agle

• All American
« Reply #199 on: March 21, 2017, 03:24:04 PM »

What does the quality of a program have to do with the quality of the team this year?  Who cares if the program is below MU, the team wasn't.

feedback