[Today at 05:29:26 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 05:04:53 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Uncle Rico
[Today at 04:46:35 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[Today at 03:21:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Duane  (Read 43220 times)

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
Re: Duane
« Reply #225 on: March 22, 2017, 07:35:30 AM »
Historically this is true, but it may not be going forward.

I would bet money that SC will not be a better basketball program over the next 10-15 years than Marquette.

They may have a run or two where they are better but MU is far more committed to basketball success than South Carolina over the long-term.  If Frank Martin becomes the second coming of Coach Cal (at Memphis), I guarantee he is coaching somewhere else for more money shortly after said success.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #226 on: March 22, 2017, 09:03:50 AM »
Yes.  I wish he was at St Cats, but admin here wasn't willing to roll out the red carpet for the older brother, so both went to public school.

FWIW the big AAU program here in Racine is Butler Elite, but aside from Caron's son JC I don't know if there's any big name recruits in that group.
That was who Days was playing with before, Butler Elite. They also have Nobal's hs running mate, Larry Canady a 6' 2" guard from Park. He is a top 10 kid for his class in the state.

Aircraftcarrier

• Team Captain
« Reply #227 on: March 22, 2017, 09:46:50 AM »
Marquis Milton Soph. guard Racine Horlick may have been the best player in the Southeast Conference this past season

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #228 on: March 22, 2017, 09:48:56 AM »

Right it may not.  And the earth is going to be enveloped by the sun someday.

Why let this kind of stuff worry you?  You are certainly correct that Frank Martin may build South Carolina into a national power.  How does this impact Marquette?

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #229 on: March 22, 2017, 01:08:33 PM »
No, I don't think he was messed with at all. I just think it is the nature of the beast. I think he is a good player, but not as good as he or his dad thinks he is. I think he received a totally fair shake, as do most people I know.

When you've got a kid to support and you see getting to the next level as your best shot to do that, that can skew your perception of how fairly you're being treated.

Moving on to somewhere else should let the truth - whatever that is - become evident to everyone.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #230 on: March 22, 2017, 01:49:55 PM »
I'll take that bet. How much?
Goal is National Championship

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #231 on: March 22, 2017, 02:03:30 PM »
Presumably, Wojo set the lineups and minutes according to how he believed the team could best win games.  He may have been right, he may have been wrong, but what this proves is that Wojo is an independent guy - not influenced by players' parents or HS coaches.  I'm sorry Duane's dad didn't think he was treated fairly, but to my view Wojo ran a merit-based system.
When Freeport raised this initially, the opinion I expressed was that I thought Wojo gave Duane more than a fair amount of run the year before, based his production on both ends of the court...in essence, I thought he may have been walking a tight rope between trying to put the best line-up on the court and appeasing Duane's dad in order to keep the pipeline open.  Maybe, maybe not, but it was a possible reason that Duane probably played more minutes than his performance dictated.

However, once Howard and Rowsey hit the court, there was no rational way to both maximize the chance to win games and give Duane the starring role and the 35mpg his dad seems to think he should have.  Given the choice between trying to win games and losing the pipeline due to someone else's incorrect perceptions, Wojo obviously made the right call.

Again, this in no way diminishes the unselfish way Duane went about his business.  We simply had better and/or healthier options on the court.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #232 on: March 23, 2017, 09:01:59 AM »
What does the quality of a program have to do with the quality of the team this year?  Who cares if the program is below MU, the team wasn't.

What I care about is that the program is now to the point that Wojo gets his ass smoked/oucoached/beat to the tune of 12-14 times a year--not acceptable, and not a good trend.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #233 on: March 23, 2017, 09:05:15 AM »
What I care about is that the program is now to the point that Wojo gets his ass smoked/oucoached/beat to the tune of 12-14 times a year--not acceptable, and not a good trend.

Go Tweet about it Mazos.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

oldwarrior81

• All American
« Reply #234 on: March 23, 2017, 10:02:42 AM »
Marquis Milton Soph. guard Racine Horlick may have been the best player in the Southeast Conference this past season
Marquise may have more potential, but Ozier(?) was pretty good with Racine Case.  Scoring over 30 a game and being named All-State.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #235 on: March 23, 2017, 06:16:10 PM »
Is this English?

He speaks a foreign tongue.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #236 on: March 24, 2017, 07:38:38 AM »
Go Tweet about it Mazos.
Sorry, don't have a twitter account, and I am not Mazo's. But you continue to believe that, just like your belief that 13 losses a season is the stuff that dreams are made of.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #237 on: March 24, 2017, 08:05:19 AM »
Sorry, don't have a twitter account, and I am not Mazo's. But you continue to believe that, just like your belief that 13 losses a season is the stuff that dreams are made of.

Liar!!!
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #238 on: March 24, 2017, 08:07:07 AM »
How bout you become head coach

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #239 on: March 24, 2017, 08:11:54 AM »

Dude, willie is Scoop's version of the old man who drinks coffee every morning at McDonalds and complains about everything.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #240 on: March 24, 2017, 08:24:31 AM »

Dude, willie is Scoop's version of the old man who drinks coffee every morning at McDonalds and complains about everything.

And then, hyped up on caffeine, powerwalks through Southridge before everything opens. After breaking a sweat, he gets on the 55 bus, demands that the busdriver give him an evenly-ripped transfer, and heads back home to log on to Scoop.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #241 on: March 24, 2017, 08:56:14 AM »
Yup, when you can't argue the facts like 12 14 losses per year, start with the smart ass comments. Don't want the gig, does wojo?  Let us know when the upswing begins, like his stellar defensive techniques. If you are swooning over  the performance, fine. Some would like to see better results.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #242 on: March 24, 2017, 08:57:53 AM »

Same comment to you, sultan.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #243 on: March 24, 2017, 09:13:29 AM »
Yup, when you can't argue the facts like 12 14 losses per year, start with the smart ass comments. Don't want the gig, does wojo?  Let us know when the upswing begins, like his stellar defensive techniques. If you are swooning over  the performance, fine. Some would like to see better results.

What exactly is your take here? Are you part of the "we shouldn't have had to rebuild" crowd the "it's not turning around fast enough" crowd or are you just complaining to complain? In this  limited of a sample size you can't really say it's become anything. We made the tournament, that's your indication of an upswing. Balance the roster more (which he hasn't had time to do yet) and you'll get your less losses.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 09:29:57 AM by BagpipingBoxer »
Maigh Eo for Sam

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #244 on: March 24, 2017, 09:22:29 AM »
What exactly is your take here? Are you part of the "we shouldn't have had to rebuild crowd" the "it's not turning around fast enough crowd" or are you just complaining to complain? In this  limited of a sample size you can't really say it's become anything. We made the tournament, that's your indication of an upswing. Balance the roster more (which he hasn't had time to do yet) and you'll get your less losses.

Yeah, it's really telling when the Body of work is ignored, and they grind their teeth on one item.

I always wondered where the Honesty is, and just say I don't support Wojo and here are the reasons why: yada, yada,yada
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #245 on: March 24, 2017, 09:39:23 AM »
What exactly is your take here? Are you part of the "we shouldn't have had to rebuild" crowd the "it's not turning around fast enough" crowd or are you just complaining to complain? In this  limited of a sample size you can't really say it's become anything. We made the tournament, that's your indication of an upswing. Balance the roster more (which he hasn't had time to do yet) and you'll get your less losses.

Seems more like the "why are you kids on my lawn?" crowd.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #246 on: March 24, 2017, 11:32:45 AM »
Liar!!!
Yep strange because they say the same things
Goal is National Championship

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #247 on: March 24, 2017, 04:56:13 PM »
They're clearly in the same McDonald's kaffee klatsch
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.