collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 12:10:57 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: YouTube TV  (Read 15278 times)

🏀

• All American
Re: YouTube TV
« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2020, 08:36:18 PM »
Works great for me, dropping Philo so it’s wash.

JustinLewisFanClubPres

• Starter
« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2020, 10:04:44 PM »
Already dropped and moved to Hulu. At least you get original content with that.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2020, 09:03:12 AM »
BET, CMT, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Network, TV Land, and VH1. With BET Her, MTV2, MTV Classic, Nick Jr., NickToons, and TeenNick are also set to come to YouTube TV at a later date.

I got YouTube TV after dropping Spectrum Cable. With no sports for me it's been rough justifying the cost. It was a blow at first to see a $15 increase. Yet, looking at the weird plan and lack of networks on Sling or Hulu missing MLB Network and NBA TV and other major networks at $55 per month. YTTV is still the best at $65 per month. Most networks. Unlimited DVD space. Big one for my household, up to 3 streams at once.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 09:39:45 PM by Mr. Nielsen »
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2020, 09:16:15 AM »
For me it is still the best value, but for me all those additional channels are just bloat and certainly not worth the $180/year. YouTube TV was pretty streamlined, are they intended to go to 500 channels that no one watches like cable? Meh.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2020, 09:21:26 AM »
I get Youtube TV starting in November and keep it active through NBA playoffs (this year I kept it active until they shut the season down). They make it really easy to suspend a membership. I use Youtube TV exclusively for sports, have no need for any of the other offerings. I'll probably still keep doing this even with the hiked up price. Trying to decide if I want to unsuspend for TBT and the rest of the NBA season.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2020, 09:46:42 AM »
BET, CMT, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Network, TV Land, and VH1. BET Her, MTV2, MTV Classic, Nick Jr., NickToons, and TeenNick are also set to come to YouTube TV at a later date.

I got YouTube TV after dropping Spectrum Cable. With no sports for me it's been rough justifying the cost. It was a blow at first to see a $15 increase. Yet, looking at the weird plan and lack of networks on Sling or Hulu missing MLB Network and NBA TV and other major networks at $55 per month. YTTV is still the best at $65 per month. Most networks. Unlimited DVD space. Big one for my household, up to 3 streams at once.

A bunch were there last night already.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2020, 10:28:59 AM »
Some of those other channels were already available with free access. For example, I already had the Comedy Central app on my tv, free. While it doesn't air shows live, they are available for free after airing.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2020, 10:51:40 AM »
If you have Comcast in your area, and have Roku enabled TVs, looking into streaming Comcast through the Roku app.  No boxes, no nothing.  Live TV, DVR...easy to use interface, and can easily bundle with internet.  I get all the channels I need for sports, news, and the kids, plus 100 mbps internet.  First year was $85/month for the bundle, 2nd year $95/month.

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #58 on: July 01, 2020, 11:48:52 AM »
I was doing just fine without those channels. $15/month may not be enough to make me switch, but it's enough to annoy me and get me thinking about it.

SERocks

• Team Captain
« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2020, 11:54:07 AM »
My wife and I discussed this last night.  Given that we have no current live sports, nor really any new television shows at the moment, we decided to cancel YouTube TV and see how we do.  I never watched Boston Legal when it was on and the app for IMBD TV provides that show.  That is five seasons of content.  I am sure there are a lot of other things we can watch as well without "live" tv.  We are going to attempt to get along without it.  We'll see...  I did try to determine if we could get Spectrum or TDS but by the time you add in the equipment fees and other charges I should have just stuck with YouTube TV (although the difference now is negligible really). 

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #60 on: July 01, 2020, 09:40:17 PM »
A bunch were there last night already.
Yep. BET, CMT, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Network, TV Land, and VH1.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #61 on: July 01, 2020, 09:44:31 PM »
I was doing just fine without those channels. $15/month may not be enough to make me switch, but it's enough to annoy me and get me thinking about it.
I agree on those new channels. Yet, as a sports fan YouTube TV looks to still be the best. Fubo TV is something to keep an eye on. Tons of sports. Weird thing is they are missing the ESPN family of networks. I hear it will be coming. I'm sure Fubo TV will see a price hike.
-Bill Walton

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #62 on: July 01, 2020, 11:21:49 PM »
I get Youtube TV starting in November and keep it active through NBA playoffs (this year I kept it active until they shut the season down). They make it really easy to suspend a membership. I use Youtube TV exclusively for sports, have no need for any of the other offerings. I'll probably still keep doing this even with the hiked up price. Trying to decide if I want to unsuspend for TBT and the rest of the NBA season.

I like the idea of YouTube TV for the season. I may switch to one of the $30 Sling packages for TV news NatGeo/Discovery-type stuff until the season starts, the restart YTTV in November.

That’s one cool thing about these streaming TV packages - the ability to suspend and restart without a fee.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #63 on: July 02, 2020, 01:24:42 PM »
The hard thing about these streaming services is how many is in the household. Three streams is a must for me. DVR service is huge for my wife, while it doesn't matter to me. Sling TV is odd. One plan is only one stream, while the other plan is three.
-Bill Walton

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #64 on: July 02, 2020, 02:38:56 PM »
Sucks that each stream service keeps adding these bloat channels and increasing the prices....

Wish one would go the ps vue way of pricing plans

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #65 on: July 02, 2020, 02:44:16 PM »
Sucks that each stream service keeps adding these bloat channels and increasing the prices....

Wish one would go the ps vue way of pricing plans

Right, it seems like they're all destined to become the thing they were trying to replace.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #66 on: July 19, 2020, 12:29:31 AM »
Does YTTV offer FS Wisconsin and other regional sports networks for out of towners? I live in MN, will I be able to watch the 5-7 games a year on FS Wisco other regional networks with YTTV?

Always been a DTV guy but it’s expensive and I’m moving and kind of don’t want to get the house wired for DTV if it’s not already. I’ve always called and negotiated my DTV bill down, but ira getting harder. Also heard that DTV is getting phased out but not sure if that was just a rumor.

Switched to PSVue for a bit but then that went away shortly thereafter and haven’t considered a change again. But paying $200+ a month for fairly basic TV and internet is getting old AF.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #67 on: July 19, 2020, 12:37:48 AM »
Does YTTV offer FS Wisconsin and other regional sports networks for out of towners? I live in MN, will I be able to watch the 5-7 games a year on FS Wisco other regional networks with YTTV?

Not really - though there's some work-arounds to make that happen - I think it's a chrome "location" extension that's been posted here a couple times. Never tried it.

Just put YTTV on hold today (well, officially Aug 9 for me) because of the price increase. If there's a hoops season I'll pick it up again.  But if you're paying $200 for internet & TV you should be able to save at least $60 by switching to YTTV and any other internet service.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #68 on: July 19, 2020, 08:21:12 AM »
Yeah—dropped it as well.
Have OTA tv, Netflix, Hulu.
I don’t miss any MU games, so will jump back on if/when the season begins.
More to make a statement than anything.
No sports so throw a bunch of channels together and hike the price? Bad play.

djvern414

• Walk-On
« Reply #69 on: July 19, 2020, 08:33:19 AM »
Agreed, paused as well for 6M until hoops season so you can keep DVR.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #70 on: July 19, 2020, 02:15:14 PM »
In Feburary switch from Spectrum to YTTV. Even, with the  $15 price increase. I'm still saving $65 per month.
-Bill Walton

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #71 on: July 20, 2020, 11:08:02 AM »
Works great for me, dropping Philo so it’s wash.

This.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #72 on: August 21, 2020, 10:39:22 AM »
Yeah—dropped it as well.
Have OTA tv, Netflix, Hulu.
I don’t miss any MU games, so will jump back on if/when the season begins.
More to make a statement than anything.
No sports so throw a bunch of channels together and hike the price? Bad play.

Do you live in Wisconsin?  Just curious how you're able to get all MU games on YTTV if you live out of state. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #73 on: August 21, 2020, 04:02:04 PM »
Do you live in Wisconsin?  Just curious how you're able to get all MU games on YTTV if you live out of state.

I live in MN and did NOT have access on YTTV to the handful of games that were on the regional networks.

Would have liked to see them, but I'm an old dude who remembers when there were like a dozen college BB games televised across the country all season, so I just went old school and lived without....

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #74 on: August 22, 2020, 11:37:58 AM »
I do live in Wisconsin.
Gooooo....In Wisconsin, some of the games are carried by FSN....which is Minnesota's Fox Regional.
I would imagine that you would get games on that channel if I am.
Mr. Neilsen does a great job of showing which channel is carrying which game.