[Today at 03:17:33 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[Today at 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: If we lose out, would it change your perception of Wojo?  (Read 10883 times)

Tower913

• Walk-On
Re: If we lose out, would it change your perception of Wojo?
« Reply #75 on: February 28, 2017, 06:48:29 PM »
When a basketball player punches a student he's a thug, front page news and a reason to stop cheering

When a student punches a student he's Southside Irish, and a reason to do shots.

Dude punched a kid, in college.  BFD.

Well said.  Marquette has largely done quite well to avoid major off-court incidents as happen frequently at other high major football/basketball schools.  18-22 year old men make a lot of bad decisions in college, whether athlete or just a student.

The sexual assault issues of a few years ago, were of course, very bad P.R. for the university.  Would be very curious to learn who was involved if someone would PM me?

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #76 on: February 28, 2017, 06:51:01 PM »
Sponsored by Grebe's?

Ah, Grebe's. 10 cents per roll and 10 cents per slice of ham. Dinner for 60 cents. Those were the days.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #77 on: February 28, 2017, 07:55:37 PM »
Consideration is being given to another contract extension as we speak. Everyone on the BOT thinks Lovell walks on water . As long as Lovell  is in the power position he is going to keep his boy in the job. Scholl will carry any water he is told to carry.
So, fire Lovell LOL
Goal is National Championship

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #78 on: February 28, 2017, 07:57:03 PM »
So, fire Lovell LOL
From your mouth to Gods ear.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #79 on: February 28, 2017, 07:58:18 PM »
It needs to be strongly suggested to Wojo next year however that he bring in either a veteran X's and o's guy, or a defensive minded guru. I think Wojo thinks he has this all under control, when in reality, he doesn't.
He has acknowledged defense is not where it should be and has said that is on him

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #80 on: February 28, 2017, 07:59:17 PM »
From your mouth to Gods ear.
You really enjoy making Scoop Takes, don't you?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #81 on: February 28, 2017, 08:00:32 PM »
Giving him only four seasons is what should happen.  You are probably right about what will.

As I suggested, that 5th season will be very quiet and MU will have severely damaged their future revenues.

What if, in that 5th year, with the Warriors playing in a new building and with a mature, talented team, Wojo leads us to the Elite 8 or better?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #82 on: February 28, 2017, 08:02:20 PM »
Eh, coaches are paid to win. If he's not doing that enough, they should drop him. A guy not living up to expectations doesn't need to be held onto any longer just because they think he's a swell guy.
But what if according to the long term plan he presented he is on schedule thus meeting expectations

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #83 on: February 28, 2017, 08:05:32 PM »
When a basketball player punches a student he's a thug, front page news and a reason to stop cheering

When a student punches a student he's Southside Irish, and a reason to do shots.

Dude punched a kid, in college.  BFD.

Yep

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #84 on: February 28, 2017, 08:09:01 PM »
Weighing in, stick with Wojo. Seen enough good on court that I'm optimistic going forward so that a poor finish to this year no matta. Helps that they are playing an exciting style of basketball. I am also giving him credit for a positive off court product. Finally, transfers no matta also.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #85 on: February 28, 2017, 08:10:25 PM »
Wojo contract extension will be announced after season over. Lovell and Scholl worked out deal to make sure he can tell every recruit he will be there for the duration. BOT 100 percent on board with the deal.

Best we can hope for is NC State steps up to the plate and offers him a chance to get back into the ACC.  I think he takes that in a heart beat.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #86 on: February 28, 2017, 08:40:23 PM »
Wojo contract extension will be announced after season over. Lovell and Scholl worked out deal to make sure he can tell every recruit he will be there for the duration. BOT 100 percent on board with the deal.

Best we can hope for is NC State steps up to the plate and offers him a chance to get back into the ACC.  I think he takes that in a heart beat.

Or ... the best many true MU fans can hope for is that we finish this season strong, gain an NCAA bid, win a tourney game or three, win 25-plus next season, have a great tourney run, Wojo keeps recruiting great and keeps improving as a game coach, and we're damn glad our successful coach has a contract extension.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #87 on: February 28, 2017, 08:41:01 PM »

Lol

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #88 on: February 28, 2017, 08:49:42 PM »
I never would have guessed 40%. That seems like a ton of turnover. I guess I just always worry there's something going on behind the scenes that could become a bigger issue when I see a kid leave.
Everyone wants playing time most think they can make nba. There are so many leagues for kids and there are "stars" in all of them. Then they come to next level and don't get even half playing time they used to and decide to go somewhere else.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #89 on: February 28, 2017, 09:02:20 PM »

They won't offer and he wouldn't take it.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #90 on: February 28, 2017, 09:02:36 PM »

Come on..... 

You really want him gone and the very real chance that Markus and Sam leave too (and Joey no longer considers us)? 

Excellent logic.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #91 on: March 01, 2017, 12:48:12 AM »

Care to make a wager on either of these proclamations?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #92 on: March 01, 2017, 12:52:03 AM »
Come on..... 

You really want him gone and the very real chance that Markus and Sam leave too (and Joey no longer considers us)? 

Excellent logic.

You haven't heard? Stan Johnson is the man. We would be in the top 25 right now if only Wojo would take the shackles off Stan and allow him to coach with no limitations.

To be honest, I do think Stan is the man. But I am far from convinced that he can coach. At least any better than Wojo can.
TAMU

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #93 on: March 01, 2017, 08:19:50 AM »
What if, in that 5th year, with the Warriors playing in a new building and with a mature, talented team, Wojo leads us to the Elite 8 or better?

That would be fantastic.  I would super enjoy watching that on TV with my MU flag outside the house, with occasional scalped tickets to watch in person.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #94 on: March 01, 2017, 10:35:50 AM »
Or ... the best many true MU fans can hope for is that we finish this season strong, gain an NCAA bid, win a tourney game or three, win 25-plus next season, have a great tourney run, Wojo keeps recruiting great and keeps improving as a game coach, and we're damn glad our successful coach has a contract extension.

No sh**.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #95 on: March 01, 2017, 11:13:46 AM »

They won't offer and he wouldn't take it.

I agree with this analysis.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #96 on: March 01, 2017, 03:37:52 PM »
Lenny

I agree. I thought guys were joking talking about that as a possibility. If he could parlay this into ACC job he is in the wrong racket. He'd prove to be the greatest closer ever and should go help Trump with trade deals.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #97 on: March 01, 2017, 03:41:07 PM »
You haven't heard? Stan Johnson is the man. We would be in the top 25 right now if only Wojo would take the shackles off Stan and allow him to coach with no limitations.

To be honest, I do think Stan is the man. But I am far from convinced that he can coach. At least any better than Wojo can.
He is a good recruiter, but I am not aware of any university recruiting him to head coach. Being able to recruit does not mean you can coach.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #98 on: March 01, 2017, 04:37:44 PM »
He is a good recruiter, but I am not aware of any university recruiting him to head coach. Being able to recruit does not mean you can coach.

I'm not the one you need to convince.
TAMU

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #99 on: March 01, 2017, 04:39:51 PM »
I'm not the one you need to convince.
He didn't understand your post

feedback