[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: If we lose out, would it change your perception of Wojo?  (Read 10904 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: If we lose out, would it change your perception of Wojo?
« Reply #100 on: March 01, 2017, 06:51:08 PM »
That would be fantastic.  I would super enjoy watching that on TV with my MU flag outside the house, with occasional scalped tickets to watch in person.

See, but that's the problem with so many of these topics. They don't even allow for the possibility of what I stated happening. It's as if it's wildly unrealistic that Wojo's recruits will excel and that he will continue to improve as a coach.

I, for one, have been quite pleased with the program's trajectory. Could we have done better? Sure. But ask Texas right now how their savior (and our near-savior) has been doing.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MU_Hoop

• Walk-On
« Reply #101 on: March 03, 2017, 07:11:31 PM »
I'll be the fifth guy to tell you that Vander wasn't involved in the sexual assault.

I have a reliable source that worked for the Tribune when this happened and said that the DPS reporter was basically told as much by DPS and was also told to not pursue it.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #102 on: March 03, 2017, 07:44:56 PM »
I have a reliable source that worked for the Tribune when this happened and said that the DPS reporter was basically told as much by DPS and was also told to not pursue it.
I have a reliable source that informs me that when a new user ID enters a forum with accusations that the new user does not have a reliable source.

*this in no way says there was no sexual assault in the program.  it's well documented here that that situation was both horrible and poorly handled by MU.  just that you don't have a source.*

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #103 on: March 03, 2017, 08:13:31 PM »
Come on..... 

You really want him gone and the very real chance that Markus and Sam leave too (and Joey no longer considers us)? 

Excellent logic.
When is everyone going to learn that the dude is just doing bits?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #104 on: March 03, 2017, 08:35:30 PM »
I have a reliable source that informs me that when a new user ID enters a forum with accusations that the new user does not have a reliable source.

*this in no way says there was no sexual assault in the program.  it's well documented here that that situation was both horrible and poorly handled by MU.  just that you don't have a source.*

To his credit, he's been a member since 2014 but hasn't posted much. Not saying he's any more reliable than the other 5 people saying something similar, but he didn't just create his account to post that.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #105 on: March 03, 2017, 08:49:22 PM »
To his credit, he's been a member since 2014 but hasn't posted much. Not saying he's any more reliable than the other 5 people saying something similar, but he didn't just create his account to post that.
Fair/thanks for pointing that out.  i only looked at total number of posts and made an assumption

MU_Hoop

• Walk-On
« Reply #106 on: March 04, 2017, 09:23:56 AM »
Fair/thanks for pointing that out.  i only looked at total number of posts and made an assumption

Also, I realize this isn't verifiable without logging into my own account - but I had one back when I was a freshman in 2008 but switched in 2014 when I became an employee of the university (which was actually 2013, but I didn't go on Scoop til 2014).  I switched accounts because the other made me easily identifiable. 

I also know this source to be absolutely reliable.  I realize that may not mean anything to anyone else here, but for what it's worth, I never cheered for Vander or other players in situations like him.  I do the same with any team I root for, not just MU.  Athletes should be held to higher standards since they are in the public eye, not lower ones.

B. McBannerson

• Team Captain
« Reply #107 on: March 04, 2017, 10:14:47 AM »
I want to win now and want the program to win big ASAP. That said, replacing Wojo at this point would not solve a thing, IMO. Good or bad, he is the gal we brought to the dance and he/they need to find a way to move things forward at a quicker pace.

Not to bring up the SLU reference, but there are many here that feel BOT/admin are not dissatisfied with current state/trajectory of the program. If that is true, Wojo might have a lot more time than one or two years.

Would add, that I am quite certain that not all BOT are excited about the on court performance. It is difficult for the minority to face much concern because Wojo has run a very clean program, maybe the cleanest ever.

Why should they be dissatisfied?  We cleaned up some issues with the previous coach, the trajectory is if we win today we are back in the NCAA tournament.  The SLU reference is horribly wrong, and this program is doing well without the off court drama.  The BOT should be ecstatic.  It's his third damn year.  Get behind this program! 

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #108 on: March 04, 2017, 10:46:26 AM »
Also, I realize this isn't verifiable without logging into my own account - but I had one back when I was a freshman in 2008 but switched in 2014 when I became an employee of the university (which was actually 2013, but I didn't go on Scoop til 2014).  I switched accounts because the other made me easily identifiable. 

I also know this source to be absolutely reliable.  I realize that may not mean anything to anyone else here, but for what it's worth, I never cheered for Vander or other players in situations like him.  I do the same with any team I root for, not just MU.  Athletes should be held to higher standards since they are in the public eye, not lower ones.

If you are really an employee of the university, I would be careful. While you are only referring information you heard secondhand, it is information that would be considered part of a student's educational record. If there was any truth to the situation, you would be flirting with a FERPA violation.

Fortunately, your source is mistaken. So instead its just libel ;D
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #109 on: March 04, 2017, 12:03:18 PM »

Your source sucks.  He wasn't involved. 

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #110 on: March 04, 2017, 12:05:12 PM »

Your source was wrong.  He wasn't involved.

But you are right about one thing.  I don't give a flying f*ck who you cheer for.  I think its funny that you refused to cheer for him because you were mislead by your "source."

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #111 on: March 04, 2017, 03:46:04 PM »
In hindsight, I really should have made a response thread. "If we win out, would it change your perception of Wojo?"
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #112 on: March 04, 2017, 04:49:16 PM »
In hindsight, I really should have made a response thread. "If we win out, would it change your perception of Wojo?"
Yes, this end of year run has totally changed my perception. Knew we had enough talent and Wojo pulled it together. I'm very happy!
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #113 on: March 04, 2017, 04:53:55 PM »
That's kind of what I said earlier. It never even dawned on some of these yahois that we actually could do well down the stretch. It's just bash and whine ... and then disappear when they can't rant about Wojo.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson