Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Need some honest thoughts here  (Read 10006 times)

GoldenDieners32

• All American
Re: Need some honest thoughts here
« Reply #75 on: February 13, 2017, 12:29:43 PM »

I agree with you, but the NCAA and NIT selection committees use it as a tool.
top 50 wins and SOS are more important imo

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #76 on: February 13, 2017, 04:43:20 PM »
My "entire diatribe?" Seriously? Yours is the diatribe, replete with personal attacks (silly, inane, unfounded, etc.) and misstatements of facts. You claim to "choose your words carefully". Maybe - but incorrectly.

Your misunderstanding is not my responsibility. Your inability to answer non-rhetorical questions is also not my fault.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #77 on: February 13, 2017, 06:20:01 PM »
79Warriors

Spot on. I am surprised with the number of folks expecting next year to be much improved. I think replacing the three departing guys will be very difficult. All three are legit D1 players and are in any rotation in the country. They may lack leadership skills but they are basketball players.

I'm not sure about next year. On paper, I think we take a step back. We lose three starter level players and replace them with a bunch of three stars and a transfer. Could be better but not anything I would put money on. Add a grad transfer and you might have something.

However, I do think the fact the roster will be balanced and Wojo's guys will be another year older could help offset some of what we lose. Lots of ifs. Too early too say definitively is we will be better or worse next season.

I do seem to remember that many here thought it unlikely that we would be better this year with Henry leaving. At this point, I would say that ended up being incorrect.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #78 on: February 13, 2017, 08:09:47 PM »
I'm not sure about next year. On paper, I think we take a step back. We lose three starter level players and replace them with a bunch of three stars and a transfer. Could be better but not anything I would put money on. Add a grad transfer and you might have something.

However, I do think the fact the roster will be balanced and Wojo's guys will be another year older could help offset some of what we lose. Lots of ifs. Too early too say definitively is we will be better or worse next season.

I do seem to remember that many here thought it unlikely that we would be better this year with Henry leaving. At this point, I would say that ended up being incorrect.
Agreed

feedback