Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Just moved up to 35th at kenpom, ahead of buzz!  (Read 15851 times)

auburnmarquette

• Team Captain
    • Value Add Explaination
Just moved up to 35th at kenpom, ahead of buzz!
« on: December 28, 2016, 10:51:56 PM »
A three spot improvement off the impressive showing  tonight. One spot ahead of buzz and his 36th ranked VA tech.
http://www.pudnersports.com/ for my blogs or articles and www.valueaddbasketball.com for for current and historic rankings.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
Re: Just moved up to 35th at kenpom, ahead of buzz!
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 05:00:40 AM »
waiting for the "gotta keep wojo" chant for a contract extension, well at least a slow clap

full disclosure-i like the dude and wish nothing but the best upon him.  i hope he becomes mike sheshefski II
don't...don't don't don't don't

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 05:44:08 AM »
waiting for the "gotta keep wojo" chant for a contract extension, well at least a slow clap

full disclosure-i like the dude and wish nothing but the best upon him.  i hope he becomes mike sheshefski II

....but stays at MU.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2016, 09:49:05 AM »

....but stays at MU.
With the problems at Duke K quits & Wojo to Duke, hey?
Goal is National Championship

Marqevans

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2016, 09:54:02 AM »
With the problems at Duke K quits & Wojo to Duke, hey?

Why not Brey?

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2016, 09:59:31 AM »

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2016, 10:04:29 AM »
Why not Brey?

He's not Coach K's favorite.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2016, 10:19:34 AM »
Wojo to ND?

GGGRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

No self-respecting head basketball coach would leave Marquette for a third-rate school like that reform school down in South Bend!!!!!

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
Goal is National Championship

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2016, 10:23:29 AM »
Brey really isn't a "Duke guy."  He didn't play for Coach K and has been coaching successfully on his own for over 20 years.  I don't think he would have any desire to leave ND anyway.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2016, 11:05:32 AM »
If I'm Duke I'm hiring Tony Bennett and no one else.  Before Tony I thought their ideal candidate was Billy Donovan.

If they stick in the tree, they're asking for trouble.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

AlienWarrior

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2016, 11:35:11 AM »
V tech will make some noise this year. I doubt we will

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2016, 11:35:51 AM »
And we are last 4 in, in bracketology.

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2016, 11:36:01 AM »
If I'm Duke I'm hiring Tony Bennett and no one else.  Before Tony I thought their ideal candidate was Billy Donovan.

Donovan was much more established than Bennett is now.  I think Duke would expect someone with more success than Bennett has now.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2016, 11:39:07 AM »
And we are last 4 in, in bracketology.

On a crash course for a round of 32 revenge match vs the Badgers.  Would be a dream scenario if Lunardi's bracket holds true.  Would love knocking of MSU & Bucky

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2016, 11:47:28 AM »
The Georgetown win is now our best win of the season, according to KenPom. The same would be true if we beat Seton Hall on the road.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2016, 11:51:25 AM »

It would be interesting to see if a Donovan or Stevens would go to Duke despite being in the NBA right now. I mean neither of their teams are winning a championship any time soon so it could happen!
Maigh Eo for Sam

tower912

• All American
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2016, 11:51:57 AM »
Donovan was much more established than Bennett is now.  I think Duke would expect someone with more success than Bennett has now.

Who would that be? 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2016, 11:57:42 AM »
The Georgetown win is now our best win of the season, according to KenPom.

No, it's not, according to KenPom. Not sure you understand the system...
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2016, 12:02:25 PM »
Here is the reality about Duke.

They have watched other schools, like North Carolina, Marquette and others, be diminished for at least awhile because they were "loyal" to their own.

They are perennial powerhouse and can demand attention from any coach they want, with the possible exceptions of Roy Williams, John Calipari or Slick Rick. I suspect even Slick Rick might go to Duke if they were crazy enough to offer him. There may be a couple of others who might not go to Duke for whatever reason, but anyone Duke wants, Duke gets at least a conversation.

If Coach Wojo is lured to Duke, it's because Coach K stays for several more years and there's at least one national championship banner hanging next to the 1977 flag. There's NO WAY Wojo goes to Duke without a national championship -- or at least a final four and an NatChamp game loss. There are too many other great candidates and the last thing Duke wants -- I'm sure -- is to fall off the radar if and when Coach K retires.

The bigger risk we have is that Coach Wojo is successful and somehow thinks Nirvana is not at 12th and Wisconsin. He then bolts for someplace like Texas after Shaka is terminated.

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2016, 12:07:05 PM »
Who would that be?
I mean there's plenty of them out there, poster said "no one else".  I think Jay Wright would be an interesting name, not sure if he's interested in following K, but I'd certainly put in a call.

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2016, 12:07:55 PM »
No, it's not, according to KenPom. Not sure you understand the system...

What'd I miss? Is it because the Georgetown game was at home?

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2016, 12:08:19 PM »

They have watched other schools, like North Carolina, Marquette and others, be diminished for at least awhile because they were "loyal" to their own.

They are perennial powerhouse and can demand attention from any coach they want, with the possible exceptions of Roy Williams, John Calipari or Slick Rick. I suspect even Slick Rick might go to Duke if they were crazy enough to offer him. There may be a couple of others who might not go to Duke for whatever reason, but anyone Duke wants, Duke gets at least a conversation.

If Coach Wojo is lured to Duke, it's because Coach K stays for several more years and there's at least one national championship banner hanging next to the 1977 flag. There's NO WAY Wojo goes to Duke without a national championship -- or at least a final four and an NatChamp game loss. There are too many other great candidates and the last thing Duke wants -- I'm sure -- is to fall off the radar if and when Coach K retires.

The bigger risk we have is that Coach Wojo is successful and somehow thinks Nirvana is not at 12th and Wisconsin. He then bolts for someplace like Texas after Shaka is terminated.

I think this is spot on, not sure about it specifically being a championship but there's at least FF flags hanging for him to get a serious look without pissing off the Duke trustees
Maigh Eo for Sam

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2016, 12:18:02 PM »

What'd I miss? Is it because the Georgetown game was at home?

Bingo. Georgia game actually qualifies as a "Top 50 Adjusted" game, whereas last nights does not
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2016, 12:24:01 PM »

I think the reality is that Duke will be diminished no matter who they hire to replace Coach K.

Krzyzewski is the winningest coach in the history of NCAA basketball. He's won 5 national championships — as many as Roy Williams, Rick Pitino and John Calipari put together. Coach K is the modern-day equivalent of Coach Wooden, who set a standard that UCLA has yet to reach again in more than 40 years.

No coach in the world is good enough to replace someone who's built the Duke program over the course of 35 years and accomplished everything there is to accomplish in the sport.