[Today at 09:41:46 AM]

NM by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by DFW HOYA
[Today at 08:41:22 AM]

2024-25 Outlook by WellsstreetWanderer
[April 25, 2024, 10:03:37 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NBA '17  (Read 242012 times)

GGGG

• All American
Re: NBA '17
« Reply #950 on: February 10, 2018, 06:04:40 AM »
You said "makes them look worse" not "makes them worse"

Yes, those guys all look worse, your examples included, and were trashed by fans (just like Kevin Love is) because they have to stand around and wait for their turn.

I didn't love watching Jordan's Bulls either for that reason.

So they look worse but actually aren’t worse?  You are mixing activity with production.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #951 on: February 10, 2018, 08:19:23 PM »
So should Prunty be given consideration for the permanent gig?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #952 on: February 10, 2018, 08:27:06 PM »
Two early ta tell. 8-2 record vs weak sauce. Don't no hoos gonna bee available plus big splash possibility bye da slick NY'ers going inta new digs, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #953 on: February 10, 2018, 08:32:58 PM »
Two early ta tell. 8-2 record vs weak sauce. Don't no hoos gonna bee available plus big splash possibility bye da slick NY'ers going inta new digs, aina?

Aina.

I wouldn't do anything until the end of the season regardless.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #954 on: February 11, 2018, 10:33:39 PM »
ESPN, naturally, is over-the-top ga-ga about the Cavs after their new-look lineup blew out the Celtics, but it was fun watching highlights of a younger, hungrier group teaming with the best player in the NBA.

LeBron had 10 assists - there he went, not making his teammates better again - to go with his 24 pts and 8 rebs in 28 minutes.

He's only won 8 conference titles and 3 NBA crowns in his 14 years. One of these days, he'll learn how to help a team.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #955 on: February 12, 2018, 03:25:29 AM »
Well give time for teams to adjust to the Cavs, but I think the Celtics are bound for disappointment again.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #956 on: February 13, 2018, 03:47:28 PM »
L
O
L

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22423208/brandon-jennings-joins-milwaukee-bucks-g-league-team

This is better than Jeff Fisher choosing captains of all the players acquired from the RG3 trade (really, the joke is on Jeff Fisher, but shhh no one tell him). Drives home just how viscerally we dominated that trade (other than pulling the 76ers and missing a chance at the Lakers top-3 protected pick for MCW...oops)

Gets me thinking of who I would put on the "Nostalgic Trash All-Star G-League Team". Gimme some Jennings throwing lobs to Joe Alexander and Dan Gadzuric.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #957 on: February 13, 2018, 03:53:14 PM »
L
O
L

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22423208/brandon-jennings-joins-milwaukee-bucks-g-league-team

This is better than Jeff Fisher choosing captains of all the players acquired from the RG3 trade (really, the joke is on Jeff Fisher, but shhh no one tell him). Drives home just how viscerally we dominated that trade (other than pulling the 76ers and missing a chance at the Lakers top-3 protected pick for MCW...oops)

Gets me thinking of who I would put on the "Nostalgic Trash All-Star G-League Team". Gimme some Jennings throwing lobs to Joe Alexander and Dan Gadzuric.

The Brandon Knight trade is where we missed out on the Lakers pick. Unless you were viewing that trade as an extension of this one due to Knight being in both.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #958 on: February 13, 2018, 03:59:20 PM »
The Brandon Knight trade is where we missed out on the Lakers pick. Unless you were viewing that trade as an extension of this one due to Knight being in both.

I do count it  :) BUT

This led me to doing some research, and I learned that the Lakers pick from 2015 STILL hasn't conveyed. It is completely unprotected this year, but the Lakers would currently be 11th in the lottery. So the real choice is between 2 years of Tony Snell (plus every year signed thereafter, since he was restricted) vs the Lakers 11th pick this year. Straight up, you take the pick, but time-value of money, makes it kind of a wash.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #959 on: February 13, 2018, 05:34:37 PM »
This led me to doing some research, and I learned that the Lakers pick from 2015 STILL hasn't conveyed. It is completely unprotected this year, but the Lakers would currently be 11th in the lottery. So the real choice is between 2 years of Tony Snell (plus every year signed thereafter, since he was restricted) vs the Lakers 11th pick this year. Straight up, you take the pick, but time-value of money, makes it kind of a wash.

Just hook this take to my veins. God the NBA transaction system rocks.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #960 on: February 18, 2018, 10:42:14 PM »
Outstanding All-Star Game tonight.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #961 on: February 18, 2018, 11:07:37 PM »
It was a lot of fun, especially the 4th quarter.

LeBron, a stud among studs, and lots of incredible displays from some of the best athletes in the world.

The last sequence, with Steph smothered in the corner by a LeBron/KD double-team - wow!

This format was MUCH better, at least this year.

Looking forward to it coming to Charlotte in 2019. I won't pay to go because I'm too cheap, but cool to have it in my town.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #962 on: February 19, 2018, 07:33:23 AM »
Outstanding All-Star Game tonight.

Agreed.  I'm not sure if it was a one-off or if the new format will result in better games, but that game last night -- particularly the fourth quarter -- was a lot of fun to watch.

Now if they'd just do the draft live during the Saturday night festivities, that would be awesome.  I know that it would create some logistical issues, but surely those could be solved.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #963 on: February 19, 2018, 07:39:09 AM »
Wondered why JFB didn't play, and then saw this:

Butler chose not to play, the only player from either team who didn’t. He suggested in the weeks leading to Sunday that such a game isn’t suited for a guy built to defend and win.

After the game, he said he simply needed to prepare himself for the Wolves’ stretch run these final 21 games.

“Just rest, man,” Butler said. “I got to rest. I got to rest my body up. I know this Timberwolves season is very, very important to me. I’ve got to be ready to roll when I get back there.”

I agree with his reasons for not wanting to play. His real job is to help the Timberwolves contend for a championship. (OK, they have about 0.0001% chance of being champs, but still, that is his job.)

However, it seemed he knew that this would be his decision some time ago. Why not say so and step aside so that somebody could replace him? There is no shortage of worthy players in the league. Would have been classier to do that, IMHO, and I say that as a huge JFB fan.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #964 on: February 19, 2018, 08:01:41 AM »

Butler chose not to play, the only player from either team who didn’t. He suggested in the weeks leading to Sunday that such a game isn’t suited for a guy built to defend and win.

After the game, he said he simply needed to prepare himself for the Wolves’ stretch run these final 21 games.

“Just rest, man,” Butler said. “I got to rest. I got to rest my body up. I know this Timberwolves season is very, very important to me. I’ve got to be ready to roll when I get back there.”

I agree with his reasons for not wanting to play. His real job is to help the Timberwolves contend for a championship. (OK, they have about 0.0001% chance of being champs, but still, that is his job.)

However, it seemed he knew that this would be his decision some time ago. Why not say so and step aside so that somebody could replace him? There is no shortage of worthy players in the league. Would have been classier to do that, IMHO, and I say that as a huge JFB fan.

I agree with you.  You gotta wonder whether he'll get picked in the future.  I'm sure Steph, D'Antoni and the rest of the team might have liked another horse in the stable.  It's not like the rest of those guys don't have a little something left to play for down the stretch.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #965 on: February 19, 2018, 12:06:29 PM »
It was a lot of fun, especially the 4th quarter.

LeBron, a stud among studs, and lots of incredible displays from some of the best athletes in the world.

The last sequence, with Steph smothered in the corner by a LeBron/KD double-team - wow!

This format was MUCH better, at least this year.

Looking forward to it coming to Charlotte in 2019. I won't pay to go because I'm too cheap, but cool to have it in my town.

Show 'em your union card from back in da dey. It'll get ya in da house four bupkis, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #966 on: February 19, 2018, 09:20:24 PM »

Show 'em your union card from back in da dey. It'll get ya in da house four bupkis, hey?

Hey.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #967 on: February 19, 2018, 10:47:37 PM »

Some of his ex-Bulls teammates might say he wanted to call attention to himself.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #968 on: February 20, 2018, 05:20:30 AM »
There was a nice article in Milwaukee mag(I think) or whatever was in my docs office.  The story portrayed him as a really unique guy, regemented, drives an used van or suv(not an Escalade). Didn’t come across as a “ me guy”.   I’d love to find the article to read the whole thing, but he was running on time that day
don't...don't don't don't don't

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #969 on: February 20, 2018, 06:09:37 AM »
There was a nice article in Milwaukee mag(I think) or whatever was in my docs office.  The story portrayed him as a really unique guy, regemented, drives an used van or suv(not an Escalade). Didn’t come across as a “ me guy”.   I’d love to find the article to read the whole thing, but he was running on time that day

What's wrong with an Escalade?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #970 on: February 20, 2018, 09:19:17 AM »

That's his brand.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #971 on: February 20, 2018, 10:42:45 AM »

Some of his ex-Bulls teammates might say he wanted to call attention to himself.

Likely the same ex-Bulls teammates who are out of the league/on the cusp of being out of the league due to questionable work habits and toughness, and didn't like that JFB called them out on their questionable work habits and toughness.

Though this might be the first time that being absent from one of the league's showcase events is somehow spun as an attention grab.

WayOfTheWarrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #972 on: February 24, 2018, 02:40:43 PM »
Great overtime win against a top East team in Toronto last night!

Giannis hit a good deal of big jumpers. Very encouraging to see! I have been wondering whether the current run with Prunty has been something to hang our hat on but last night showed we can compete with the best of em.

Not sure how well we can maintain a high level of play in the course of 7 games against the likes of the Cavs or Celtics but I guess we'll find out in a few months.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #973 on: February 24, 2018, 09:09:59 PM »

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #974 on: February 25, 2018, 06:49:01 AM »
Jimmy injury update.  Torn meniscus...

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/jimmy-butler-meniscus-injury-not-220428188.html

That might be the best case scenario given  I was seeing the analysis by some former team doctors that the way he went down looked like a typical ACL.

Best case is he's back for the 2nd round of the playoffs, if they make it.

Still a big blow for MN and Jimmy

feedback