collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NBA '17  (Read 242353 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: NBA '17
« Reply #575 on: July 21, 2017, 02:52:09 PM »
LBJ unhappy with the front office in Cleveland, despite the fact that they are entirely handcuffed with no cap space...because LBJ demanded they pay horribly overpaid guys like Thompson and JR Smith.  Now Kyrie wants out of Cleveland and doesn't want to play with LBJ anymore.  Hmm...
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #576 on: July 21, 2017, 03:12:07 PM »
What an entertaining offseason!

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #577 on: July 21, 2017, 03:19:53 PM »
LBJ unhappy with the front office in Cleveland, despite the fact that they are entirely handcuffed with no cap space...because LBJ demanded they pay horribly overpaid guys like Thompson and JR Smith.  Now Kyrie wants out of Cleveland and doesn't want to play with LBJ anymore.  Hmm...

I feel like LBJ's biggest crime here was being too specific. Had he just said "they have to do something!" we all would have nodded and agreed that we wouldn't want our once in a generation talent wasted, either. But by requiring Cle to throw money at specific guys - particularly guys like Thompson and Smith - he really put them in a hard place and, turns out, made Kyrie (his Robin) feel underappreciated. But banners also fly forever, so what do I know.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #578 on: July 21, 2017, 03:20:06 PM »
Rose will go ta da Cavs wit Irvin' outta da pic, ai na?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #579 on: July 21, 2017, 04:10:09 PM »
Kyrie had Bulls as one of the preferred trade teams before Bulls traded Butler. Awesome.

Not that GarPax could have known that, but fire them anyway.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #580 on: July 21, 2017, 04:10:27 PM »

Not entirely accurate.  He is unhappy with the owner in Cleveland when he fired the GM who was trying to do something to make them more competitive with GSW.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 04:14:21 PM by Sultan of Slap O' Fivin' »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #581 on: July 21, 2017, 04:11:57 PM »

They don't need no stinkin' Kyrie. To heck with him hitting the championship-winning trey ... they could have the great Derrick Rose coming in!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #582 on: July 21, 2017, 04:37:20 PM »
Kyrie is probably a top 10 guy in the NBA - can do it all offensively. But I don't think a team will win a title if he is their best player.

Look at the best player on the teams that have won NBA titles over the last 10 years - Durrant, James, Curry, Duncan, Kobe, Nowitzke.

Irving is not one of those guys.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #583 on: July 21, 2017, 04:52:12 PM »
Bucks should do whatever they can to get Kyrie. Probably need a third team, but some combo of Jabari and Monroe's expiring and go from there.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #584 on: July 21, 2017, 05:01:06 PM »
Bucks should do whatever they can to get Kyrie. Probably need a third team, but some combo of Jabari and Monroe's expiring and go from there.

Giannis, Kyrie and Middleton would be a terrifying top 3. Would they have enough around them to be the top team in the East?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #585 on: July 21, 2017, 05:05:41 PM »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #586 on: July 21, 2017, 05:14:35 PM »
If Kyrie really wants to be "the man" and he won't be that with LeBron and that's why he wants out, I'm not sure things would get much better for him in Milwaukee.  Giannis is already right there with Kyrie and is going to have the ball in his hands a lot much like LeBron does with Cleveland.  Kyrie is a superstar at a premium position, one that the Bucks haven't had a star at in a long, long time, but I think a point guard with a game more like Conley's (so if Brogdon can develop he'll be perfect) is a much better fit next to Giannis than a guy like Kyrie who spends entire possessions hunting his own shot.

Wouldn't complain with having him.  Not sold he'd be the savior for the Bucks, though.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #587 on: July 21, 2017, 05:34:46 PM »
If Kyrie really wants to be "the man" and he won't be that with LeBron and that's why he wants out, I'm not sure things would get much better for him in Milwaukee.  Giannis is already right there with Kyrie and is going to have the ball in his hands a lot much like LeBron does with Cleveland.  Kyrie is a superstar at a premium position, one that the Bucks haven't had a star at in a long, long time, but I think a point guard with a game more like Conley's (so if Brogdon can develop he'll be perfect) is a much better fit next to Giannis than a guy like Kyrie who spends entire possessions hunting his own shot.

Wouldn't complain with having him.  Not sold he'd be the savior for the Bucks, though.

None of that should matter, you can get Kyrie for 50 cents on the dollar at what is an insanely inexpensive NBA contract. There is not a better value the Bucks will find in the next three years, figure out the rest during the season. I'd do everything possible to go get him.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #588 on: July 21, 2017, 05:42:07 PM »
None of that should matter, you can get Kyrie for 50 cents on the dollar at what is an insanely inexpensive NBA contract. There is not a better value the Bucks will find in the next three years, figure out the rest during the season. I'd do everything possible to go get him.

We'll see if you can get him for 50 cents on the dollar.  He's under contract for 3 more years.  The Cavs don't have to trade him even if he wants to be traded.  Chances are LeBron is gone after next year anyway, so if all it is is that he wants to be "the man," the Cavs could do worse than have a disgruntled Kyrie for 1 year who then gets what he wants after that with them.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #589 on: July 21, 2017, 07:21:19 PM »

I would love to unload Jabari. He can and will be a great player, but his fit with Giannis isn't the best. That said, with the 2nd ACL tear, his value is at a low point. I also don't think he's a fit with the Cavs as long as Love remains there.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #590 on: July 21, 2017, 07:58:42 PM »
Problem with this news being public is it knocks any Kyrie return from 75 cents to 50 cents. There's no way they can get a great return now (a Porzingis/Irving trade makes a ton of rational sense as an example, but the Knicks will never do it knowing what is public now).

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #591 on: July 22, 2017, 07:02:53 AM »
Kyrie for Melo?  Both teams deal disgruntled stars and get equal return.  Where else can either team get fair value back?

Kyrie played HS ball in NJ so there is regional appeal for both he and the Knicks.  Kyrie and Porzingis would be a nice core that could attract a free agent.  Plus, the foreign rookie PG becomes a trade chip.

Cavs get a star in return and a Lebron buddy that might help you re-sign the King. Can they then turn Love into a PG via trade? Maybe Phoenix sends you Eric Bledsoe and something else.

This scenario would probably be a best case for all parties.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #592 on: July 22, 2017, 11:31:35 AM »
Kyrie for Melo?  Both teams deal disgruntled stars and get equal return.  Where else can either team get fair value back?

Kyrie played HS ball in NJ so there is regional appeal for both he and the Knicks.  Kyrie and Porzingis would be a nice core that could attract a free agent.  Plus, the foreign rookie PG becomes a trade chip.

Cavs get a star in return and a Lebron buddy that might help you re-sign the King. Can they then turn Love into a PG via trade? Maybe Phoenix sends you Eric Bledsoe and something else.

This scenario would probably be a best case for all parties.

I think this is possible, but the Cavs will need more assets back in return. It's rumored that the Knicks might be onboard with that.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #593 on: July 23, 2017, 05:19:26 AM »
fat Melo, Bledsoe, and a future #1 for Love, and Kyrie is an abomination of a trade, nearly as bad as the Harden the trade.

Kyrie is top 20 NBA player who is still 25, while Melo is 33 and Bledsoe is just average.

Cleveland honestly should just blow up it up, and yes trade both Kyrie and LBJ for boatloads of young players and draft picks.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #594 on: July 23, 2017, 07:39:12 AM »
fat Melo, Bledsoe, and a future #1 for Love, and Kyrie is an abomination of a trade, nearly as bad as the Harden the trade.

Kyrie is top 20 NBA player who is still 25, while Melo is 33 and Bledsoe is just average.

Cleveland honestly should just blow up it up, and yes trade both Kyrie and LBJ for boatloads of young players and draft picks.

So trading Kyrie is "an abomination," so you advocate trading Kyrie along with LBJ instead?  That doesn't make much sense.

They should just hang on to both.  Maybe see if you can flip Love, not because he is a poor player, but because he is a bad match up v. GSW.  Actually that in what their GM was trying to do before Gilbert decided to go cheap again.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #595 on: July 23, 2017, 08:10:58 AM »

So trading Kyrie is "an abomination," so you advocate trading Kyrie along with LBJ instead?  That doesn't make much sense.

They should just hang on to both.  Maybe see if you can flip Love, not because he is a poor player, but because he is a bad match up v. GSW.  Actually that in what their GM was trying to do before Gilbert decided to go cheap again.

If you are gonna reset as a team, really reset.  Melo, LBJ, and Bledsoe as a core ain't makin to the Finals, let alone contend.

I see your point though, in a perfect world they flip Love and LBJ for some first rounders, and young can't miss talent, then build those pieces around the younger Kyrie.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #596 on: July 23, 2017, 08:18:27 AM »
Why break up the second best team in the league at all?  I mean they have been to three straight Finals and won one of them.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #597 on: July 23, 2017, 08:29:51 AM »
Why break up the second best team in the league at all?  I mean they have been to three straight Finals and won one of them.

Disgruntled star PG, aging forward who can't play D, and the best player on the planet who looks like will leave in a year.

Risk/reward I guess, might just be that time that this run is over.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #598 on: July 23, 2017, 09:47:19 AM »
I mean, the team with Lebron has made it to the Finals every year for how long? I think any team with Lebron on it has a very good chance of making it to the Finals. Maybe not beating the Warriors but making the Finals.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #599 on: July 23, 2017, 12:10:17 PM »
I mean, the team with Lebron has made it to the Finals every year for how long? I think any team with Lebron on it has a very good chance of making it to the Finals. Maybe not beating the Warriors but making the Finals.

In the East, a team with Lebron on it will make the finals. 

feedback