[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NBA '17  (Read 242122 times)

forgetful

• All American
Re: NBA '17
« Reply #300 on: June 08, 2017, 04:56:05 PM »
There has never been 4 All NBA players on the same roster that were all under the age of 30 until the 2017 GS Warriors.

Curious to what you mean by this.  I assume that you are meaning All NBA at some point in their career, not current All NBA players, correct?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #301 on: June 08, 2017, 04:57:19 PM »
Curious to what you mean by this.  I assume that you are meaning All NBA at some point in their career, not current All NBA players, correct?

Correct.  4 players who have made any All NBA Team at some point in their careers that are all currently under the age of 30.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #302 on: June 08, 2017, 05:04:16 PM »
Correct.  4 players who have made any All NBA Team at some point in their careers that are all currently under the age of 30.

Got it.  It's interesting, but then one should ask, why is this so?

Did they just get 4 great players?  (Personally, I don't think so). 

Or do the players just make each other that much better?

I think it is the latter.  I don't think there is anyway that Klay or Green make an All NBA team playing for anyone else besides the Warriors.  The players all work tremendously together and all buy in for the good of each other.  Only Curry and KD have the talent to be All NBA on any team they are on.

In contrast, James/Irving/Love could be all NBA for any team they played on (at least at some point of their career, and likely currently). 

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #303 on: June 08, 2017, 05:10:08 PM »

That might be a little unfair, because prior to 1989, the league only put out two All-NBA teams, compared with three today. Klay Thompson has "only" been on the third team.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #304 on: June 08, 2017, 05:24:21 PM »
There has never been 4 All NBA players on the same roster that were all under the age of 30 until the 2017 GS Warriors.

I believe the Celtics in the '84 may have had more - I am going by all-star teams.

Bird, McHale, Parish (I think), DJ, Ainge, plus Wedman who was 31.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 05:25:57 PM by Jockey »

reinko

• All American
« Reply #305 on: June 08, 2017, 05:48:47 PM »
The Warriors will actually be going further into the luxury tax by KD passing up on the extra $4M this year than they would if he took the full amount.  It all has to do with the Bird Rights.  The Warriors will be able to pay their own free agents whatever they command by Durant doing this, and thus will be paying Iggy and Livingston rather than seeing them walk away in free agency because they couldn't afford them had KD taken the full max.  They can now exceed the salary cap to resign their own players.

By signing a non-Bird Rights deal, the Warriors can then sign Iggy and Livingston to Bird-rights deals.  KD will sign a 2 year contract with the 2nd year being a player option at 120% of his 2016-2017 salary, do the same thing next offseason, and then be in line for the "super max" contract the year after that.  Curry can get his super max next offseason and they can keep their core together.

Appreciate the extra context. Thanks

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #306 on: June 08, 2017, 06:06:54 PM »
That might be a little unfair, because prior to 1989, the league only put out two All-NBA teams, compared with three today. Klay Thompson has "only" been on the third team.

Fair.
I believe the Celtics in the '84 may have had more - I am going by all-star teams.

Bird, McHale, Parish (I think), DJ, Ainge, plus Wedman who was 31.

You might be right.  I took the stat from Lowe on his Lowe Post podcast.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #307 on: June 08, 2017, 06:08:16 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k63hLZGqgus&feature=share

Here's a question.  Why aren't people up in arms about this?  This is the exact same thing that Draymond received flagrant fouls for and that the whole sports universe nearly blue up about.  No criticism for LeBron's groin kick, no flagrant foul called, no suspension.  Heck, no technical foul for slamming the ball into the ground after he kicked Iggy in the nuts.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #308 on: June 08, 2017, 06:21:43 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k63hLZGqgus&feature=share

Here's a question.  Why aren't people up in arms about this?  This is the exact same thing that Draymond received flagrant fouls for and that the whole sports universe nearly blue up about.  No criticism for LeBron's groin kick, no flagrant foul called, no suspension.  Heck, no technical foul for slamming the ball into the ground after he kicked Iggy in the nuts.

Are you serious? This is legitimately getting old. No one is up in arms because it is not remotely the same thing. There is no way there was any intent at all in that leg flail. He had the ball, was shooting and was in the process of being blocked while completely in the air when his leg whipped out. Draymond punched LBJ in the dick while on the floor during a shoving match.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #309 on: June 08, 2017, 06:58:55 PM »
Are you serious? This is legitimately getting old. No one is up in arms because it is not remotely the same thing. There is no way there was any intent at all in that leg flail. He had the ball, was shooting and was in the process of being blocked while completely in the air when his leg whipped out. Draymond punched LBJ in the dick while on the floor during a shoving match.

Lol.  If you say so.  But the one that gets people upset is the Steven Adams kick, which is straight up identical to what LBJ just did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYCeP6_pICE

I don't know how you define a punch, but in my vocabulary you don't punch someone by ever so slightly brushing your forearm against them.

But that's neither here nor there.  The sports world went beserk over Draymond's kick to Adams's nuts and it is quite literally the identical play.  Gets stripped while going up for a shot, flails his leg out, kicks up into the groin.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #310 on: June 08, 2017, 07:10:08 PM »
Lol.  If you say so.  But the one that gets people upset is the Steven Adams kick, which is straight up identical to what LBJ just did.

I don't know how you define a punch, but in my vocabulary you don't punch someone by ever so slightly brushing your forearm against them.

But that's neither here nor there.  The sports world went beserk over Draymond's kick to Adams's nuts and it is quite literally the identical play.  Gets stripped while going up for a shot, flails his leg out, kicks up into the groin.

Nah. Quite simply, neither the timing nor the intent is the same. But you're probably on to the fact that the only reason we're not all flipping out is some combination of LeBron's witchcraft-practicing PR team, and that everyone else that watches the NBA are LeBron homers and simps. Push another peg in the board, tie a string to the Freemason and illuminati pins, and let us know what you come up with.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #311 on: June 08, 2017, 07:34:23 PM »
Man our own little Skip Bayless is in full form today.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #312 on: June 08, 2017, 07:38:09 PM »
Nah. Quite simply, neither the timing nor the intent is the same. But you're probably on to the fact that the only reason we're not all flipping out is some combination of LeBron's witchcraft-practicing PR team, and that everyone else that watches the NBA are LeBron homers and simps. Push another peg in the board, tie a string to the Freemason and illuminati pins, and let us know what you come up with.

Lol.  The timing nor the intent.  Interesting.  LeBron has a witchcraft practicing PR team and you have the ability to read minds.  Well done!

Quite simply, though, they are literally the identical play.
Man our own little Skip Bayless is in full form today.

And our own big macho man Stephen A is here to let everyone know about it, too!

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #313 on: June 08, 2017, 07:44:57 PM »

Very different play.  And no one is talking about it because everyone realizes its different. 

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #314 on: June 08, 2017, 08:15:30 PM »

The difference is that one guy is an unrepentant repeat offender and the other guy is not.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #315 on: June 08, 2017, 09:45:47 PM »
Where in the world did I argue LeBron stinks?  That's my point.  +/- is the absolute worst way you could prove (or disprove) that a player is great (or awful).  I quite literally said LeBron is the best player on the planet multiple times on this page of this thread alone.

All righty then, wades, still trying to figure out what put the burr in your saddle.

It's not healthy for a grown man to hate an athlete as much as you hate LeBron. Especially since LeBron, by most counts, is a good guy. Charitable. Not a wife-beater or girlfriend-beater. Not a mollester. Not a multiple adulterer. Not a child abuser. Never been in a bar fight. Willingly speaks out on social issues. Took less money to play in Miami and less money again to return to Cleveland. Just wants to win. Oh, and also a pretty fair basketball player.

You're a smart guy, so I don't think you even believe the stink you're trying to make over his inadvertent kick ... far different than Draymond green going for opponents' privates over and over and over again. Which you know. And so does everybody else. Which is why there is no stink.

And I said out loud that LeBron should have been T'd up for slamming the basketball. I also said LeBron (and Kyrie) choked down the stretch. And I'm a LeBron fan. I'm able to be objective. Aren't you?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #316 on: June 08, 2017, 10:10:13 PM »
All righty then, wades, still trying to figure out what put the burr in your saddle.

It's not healthy for a grown man to hate an athlete as much as you hate LeBron. Especially since LeBron, by most counts, is a good guy. Charitable. Not a wife-beater or girlfriend-beater. Not a mollester. Not a multiple adulterer. Not a child abuser. Never been in a bar fight. Willingly speaks out on social issues. Took less money to play in Miami and less money again to return to Cleveland. Just wants to win. Oh, and also a pretty fair basketball player.

You're a smart guy, so I don't think you even believe the stink you're trying to make over his inadvertent kick ... far different than Draymond green going for opponents' privates over and over and over again. Which you know. And so does everybody else. Which is why there is no stink.

And I said out loud that LeBron should have been T'd up for slamming the basketball. I also said LeBron (and Kyrie) choked down the stretch. And I'm a LeBron fan. I'm able to be objective. Aren't you?

I am.  Hence why I say LeBron is the best player on the planet.  I'm not sure what's wrong with pointing out that the fact that LeBron happened to be on the bench for one of the Warriors runs isn't some spectacularly shocking stat to point out.  He was on the court during a very similar run.  The only difference was the one he was on the court for was to close the game out for the Warriors.  Of all the insane stats you can throw out there to show LeBron's greatness, +/- is not a good one at all.  The Warriors went on a quick run with him out of the game.  Was it because he was out that they went on the run?  Well, their 11-0 run to end the game with LeBron on the court suggests it might not be that.

I point out the kick and the slamming of the ball because the kick was the identical move that resulted in Draymond being crucified last Playoffs, and any other player in the NBA that slams the ball like that gets T'd up without question.  But it's golden boy LeBron so meh, it's all good.  But Draymond, now there is a horrible person!  You know, the guy who is a finalist for the NBA's community service awards and the guy you can say the very same things about outside of the bar fight as you (incorrectly) said about LeBron.  Just because LeBron doesn't let his media puppet Brian Windhorst give his illegitimate child any publicity doesn't mean it's not there.  I guess I can't say for certain that the one and only time he ever slept with someone other than his wife he ended up with an illegitimate child, but color me doubtful on that one.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #317 on: June 09, 2017, 11:04:43 AM »
I am.  Hence why I say LeBron is the best player on the planet.  I'm not sure what's wrong with pointing out that the fact that LeBron happened to be on the bench for one of the Warriors runs isn't some spectacularly shocking stat to point out.  He was on the court during a very similar run.  The only difference was the one he was on the court for was to close the game out for the Warriors.  Of all the insane stats you can throw out there to show LeBron's greatness, +/- is not a good one at all.  The Warriors went on a quick run with him out of the game.  Was it because he was out that they went on the run?  Well, their 11-0 run to end the game with LeBron on the court suggests it might not be that.

I point out the kick and the slamming of the ball because the kick was the identical move that resulted in Draymond being crucified last Playoffs, and any other player in the NBA that slams the ball like that gets T'd up without question.  But it's golden boy LeBron so meh, it's all good.  But Draymond, now there is a horrible person!  You know, the guy who is a finalist for the NBA's community service awards and the guy you can say the very same things about outside of the bar fight as you (incorrectly) said about LeBron.  Just because LeBron doesn't let his media puppet Brian Windhorst give his illegitimate child any publicity doesn't mean it's not there.  I guess I can't say for certain that the one and only time he ever slept with someone other than his wife he ended up with an illegitimate child, but color me doubtful on that one.

I and others told you one major difference between the LeBron kick and the multiple Draymond Green infractions that made him the Grayson Allen of the NBA. If you want to ignore us, that is your right. I am a ref, and I say LeBron deserved a T for the ball slam, so we agree. We also agree about +/- as a stupid stat.

Still, you have what willie would call a "hate woody" for LeBron. Thankfully, you admit he is the best player because doing otherwise would be silly ... because he IS the best player.

I'm done with this subject for now as we are talking in circles. If you choose to respond again, you get the last word. Otherwise, I do!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

🏀

• All American
« Reply #318 on: June 09, 2017, 11:39:54 AM »
I and others told you one major difference between the LeBron kick and the multiple Draymond Green infractions that made him the Grayson Allen of the NBA. If you want to ignore us, that is your right. I am a ref, and I say LeBron deserved a T for the ball slam, so we agree. We also agree about +/- as a stupid stat.

Still, you have what willie would call a "hate woody" for LeBron. Thankfully, you admit he is the best player because doing otherwise would be silly ... because he IS the best player.

I'm done with this subject for now as we are talking in circles. If you choose to respond again, you get the last word. Otherwise, I do!

What do you ref?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #319 on: June 09, 2017, 08:48:50 PM »
Do the Cavs get to 100 FTA tonight?

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #320 on: June 09, 2017, 09:15:51 PM »
Do the Cavs get to 100 FTA tonight?

The officiating has been piss poor in this game so far.

Also, Irving is playing insane in this game.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #321 on: June 09, 2017, 09:35:42 PM »
The officiating has been piss poor in this game so far.

Also, Irving is playing insane in this game.

First quarter was...interesting. Cavs playing lights out though.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #322 on: June 10, 2017, 11:52:50 AM »

This is what I find so annoying about LeBron and how people talk about him. People get so bent out of shape at the slightest criticism of him that they'll say stuff like what I bolded above. 1.) LeBron gets strange constantly. 95% of the NBA does. Most pro athletes across the spectrum do. Who cares though? It wouldn't make me think any less of him, so why even bring it into the discussion? 2.) He made $31mm this year, by far the most in the league. I don't think he should take a pay cut, he deserves to be the highest paid player. But why even make that claim to make him seem like a "good guy"? Especially when the claim is easily & verifiably untrue?

He's a top 10 NBA player of all time. Where he fits on the list I don't particularly care. The annoying part is people CONSTANTLY trying to get me to feel bad for the guy for things like... having to play against good teams? Having only 2 other all-stars as teammates? And CONSTANTLY trying to convince me he's THE BEST PLAYER EVER THERE'S NOT EVEN AN ARGUMENT.

Not saying you're doing all these particular things. I'm saying that's part of what people find annoying about LeBron and how he's talked about. And that's where the backlash comes from. Which then causes sensitive LeBron fans to spin with even more hyperbole in the other direction. Which causes more backlash. Tiresome.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #323 on: June 10, 2017, 01:25:02 PM »
This is what I find so annoying about LeBron and how people talk about him. People get so bent out of shape at the slightest criticism of him that they'll say stuff like what I bolded above. 1.) LeBron gets strange constantly. 95% of the NBA does. Most pro athletes across the spectrum do. Who cares though? It wouldn't make me think any less of him, so why even bring it into the discussion? 2.) He made $31mm this year, by far the most in the league. I don't think he should take a pay cut, he deserves to be the highest paid player. But why even make that claim to make him seem like a "good guy"? Especially when the claim is easily & verifiably untrue?

He's a top 10 NBA player of all time. Where he fits on the list I don't particularly care. The annoying part is people CONSTANTLY trying to get me to feel bad for the guy for things like... having to play against good teams? Having only 2 other all-stars as teammates? And CONSTANTLY trying to convince me he's THE BEST PLAYER EVER THERE'S NOT EVEN AN ARGUMENT.

Not saying you're doing all these particular things. I'm saying that's part of what people find annoying about LeBron and how he's talked about. And that's where the backlash comes from. Which then causes sensitive LeBron fans to spin with even more hyperbole in the other direction. Which causes more backlash. Tiresome.

So it sounds, you and Wades have much bigger issues with media, fans, and refs on how they treat LBJ, versus LBJ himself. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #324 on: June 10, 2017, 11:06:11 PM »
The Bucks will play a regular season game at the UWM Panther Arena. That's pretty freaking sweet.