[Today at 03:17:33 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[Today at 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NBA '17  (Read 242413 times)

Pakuni

• All American
Re: NBA '17
« Reply #1300 on: May 13, 2018, 09:44:19 AM »
Dwane Casey ... even if he is a very good coach, this happens fairly often in sports.

Classic example was Doug Collins, who got the Bulls to Point A but they were convinced he couldn't get them to Point B. So out he went, despite a solid resume, and in came Phil Jackson, who to that point had accomplished nothing.

Call it a different "voice" in the locker room, change for the sake of change, or whatever ... sometimes it works. Of course, sometimes it doesn't.

It will be interesting (to me, anyway) to see what direction the Raptors go. They do have talent.

Yup.
John Fox got fired after taking the Broncos to the playoffs four consecutive seasons. Next guy came in and won a Super Bowl.
Tony Dungy got fired after taking the Bucs to the playoffs four times in five seasons. Next guy came in and won a Super Bowl.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1301 on: May 13, 2018, 12:11:01 PM »
Yup.
John Fox got fired after taking the Broncos to the playoffs four consecutive seasons. Next guy came in and won a Super Bowl.
Tony Dungy got fired after taking the Bucs to the playoffs four times in five seasons. Next guy came in and won a Super Bowl.

Good examples. Also many example of teams that didn't fire their coaches and were rewarded when everything came together. Classic example: Chuck Daly. Pistons gradually got better and were on precipice of greatness; there were some who thought they needed to go another direction "just because," but management stuck with him and they won two titles.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1302 on: May 13, 2018, 12:40:10 PM »
Ned Yost has a World Series title.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #1303 on: May 16, 2018, 10:51:09 AM »
Suck it, LeBron.

Also, so bush-league by JR Smith. Doesn't even get a flagrant from the refs after review. League needs to fine him.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1304 on: May 16, 2018, 01:59:56 PM »
Suck it, LeBron.

Also, so bush-league by JR Smith. Doesn't even get a flagrant from the refs after review. League needs to fine him.

He did get a flagrant 1.

I'm guessing you think it should have been a flagrant 2 and I couldn't agree more.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #1305 on: May 16, 2018, 02:19:36 PM »
Suck it, LeBron.

NBA announced no further discipline.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1306 on: May 16, 2018, 06:38:50 PM »
Any truth ta da roomer dat Giannis and Budenholzer had breakfast @ Belair Cantina dis mornin', hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1307 on: May 16, 2018, 07:03:06 PM »
Any truth ta da roomer dat Giannis and Budenholzer had breakfast @ Belair Cantina dis mornin', hey?

Confirmed. And Middleton ai’na?

But really. Bude is the Bucks new coach. I expected worse from this ownership group. Not sure it will be outstanding, but could’ve been far worse in my opinion.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #1308 on: May 16, 2018, 07:20:12 PM »
I think this is great hire for the Bucks. Can't believe the Bucks didn't screw this up.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #1309 on: May 17, 2018, 05:33:43 PM »
Very excited about the Buck's new coach.  Now they need a 3rd "go to" player... and some outside shooting.  Giannis and Middleton are clearly the core.  I worry that Bledsoe showed his ceiling. 
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1310 on: May 17, 2018, 06:55:07 PM »
Confirmed. And Middleton ai’na?

But really. Bude is the Bucks new coach. I expected worse from this ownership group. Not sure it will be outstanding, but could’ve been far worse in my opinion.

Kinda leaves Parker and Bledsoe on da outside lookin' in, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1311 on: May 17, 2018, 06:55:40 PM »

Kinda leaves Parker and Bledsoe on da outside lookin' in, hey?

Which is exactly how it should be if the Bucks want to move in the right direction, if you ask me.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1312 on: May 22, 2018, 09:19:02 AM »
Steph Curry is getting some very mild rebukes - including one from his mom - for loudly cussing on the court in celebration the other night. "This is my bleeping house!"

Curry has become one of America's lovable little teddy bears, and this obviously won't hurt him one iota. In fact, it might give him a little more "street cred" with some.

Just wonder if the reaction would have been as tame if it had been one of the lightning rods who had done it: LeBron, Draymond, Cousins, etc.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1313 on: May 22, 2018, 09:24:21 AM »
Ya kan lump Ted Bear Curry in wit da lightenin' rods four my part, Nads. Kant stand da mf'er, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1314 on: May 22, 2018, 09:31:58 AM »
Ya kan lump Ted Bear Curry in wit da lightenin' rods four my part, Nads. Kant stand da mf'er, hey?

Y?

I'd understand not being a fan, but he seems a difficult guy to "hate."

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1315 on: May 22, 2018, 09:36:43 AM »
Irrogant prima donna. And keep da damn mouthguard where's its ment ta bee, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1316 on: May 22, 2018, 09:37:09 AM »
Steph Curry is getting some very mild rebukes - including one from his mom - for loudly cussing on the court in celebration the other night. "This is my bleeping house!"

Curry has become one of America's lovable little teddy bears, and this obviously won't hurt him one iota. In fact, it might give him a little more "street cred" with some.

Just wonder if the reaction would have been as tame if it had been one of the lightning rods who had done it: LeBron, Draymond, Cousins, etc.

I don't think there would be any reaction at all if it was a "lightning rod."  Dropping an F bomb in an NBA game.  Seems about as routine as a human being breathing air to me.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #1317 on: May 22, 2018, 09:37:57 AM »

Translation:  He's spoken out against 45. 

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #1318 on: May 22, 2018, 09:46:28 AM »
I thought it was awesome.  Dude can ball.  And James Harden is a joke.  Plays defense like an old man at the Y.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1319 on: May 22, 2018, 09:56:01 AM »
I don't think there would be any reaction at all if it was a "lightning rod."  Dropping an F bomb in an NBA game.  Seems about as routine as a human being breathing air to me.

Steph didn't just "drop" an F-bomb. He finished the play, turned to the crowd, pointed at himself, and screamed, "This is my effing house!" at the top of his lungs. But maybe you're right that it wouldn't have mattered if somebody else did it.

I actually kind of like it when a Tiger or a Brady or a Steph acts "human" like this. Teachable moments for parents, if they want them; otherwise, as you say, kind of routine.

I do not find him ignorant at all. I think he's far less ignorant than the average fan ... or the below-average president. But to each his own.

And yeah, the mouthguard thing is annoying.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #1320 on: May 22, 2018, 10:32:32 AM »
Yo Doc, whut is da list of pro ballaz dat u dew like?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1321 on: May 22, 2018, 10:38:51 AM »
Lotsa of dem. I'm down wit Giannis, Kevon, Brog, Bron, Por, KD, JFB, Jab, Book, KAT, Hayward, Jalen, Walls, et al, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1322 on: May 22, 2018, 10:53:21 AM »
Lotsa of dem. I'm down wit Giannis, Kevon, Brog, Bron, Por, KD, JFB, Jab, Book, KAT, Hayward, Jalen, Walls, et al, hey?

Lotsa ignorant wons dere, oona?

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #1323 on: May 22, 2018, 11:10:03 AM »
Thanks fer duh response. Wuz jinuinly curious.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1324 on: May 22, 2018, 11:25:10 AM »
I do not find him ignorant at all. I think he's far less ignorant than the average fan ... or the below-average president. But to each his own.

And yeah, the mouthguard thing is annoying.

I read it as "arrogant" which HOW DARE the best pure shooter in NBA history, who routinely hits circus shots against tight defense in huge game moments, act in such a way.  He should make such shots and quietly walk back to the bench, but not dare refuse any slaps of five.

The mouthguard?  Shrug.  Jordan had his tongue, baseball players have gum and chew, some people have an oral fixation, it is what it is.

Surprised 4ever is still with us.  Figured D Wade hitting the game winner and jumping on the scorers table a few years back, also letting people know whose house it was, might have turned him off from the NBA completely.